Author Topic: The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)  (Read 98462 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
The Straud Dynasty (new -- Dec 11)
« on: February 20, 2017, 04:50:52 PM »
Warning: Contains vampires and may be dark.

THE STRAUD DYNASTY

Prologue -- The Count and the Crone

One day, just like that, the membrane separating Forgotten Hollow from the rest of the Sim world was severed.

Count Vladislaus Straud IV was reading Plasma Fruit: Boon or Bane? when he became aware of the change. "At last!" he gloated, long penned up in a dark world inhabited only by vampires, "fresh plasma, maidens, freedom! And, dare I think it, toddlers?"
For Count Vlad adored the chubby little demons, not as a source of food, as some would have it, but because their chirping voices and lurching walk brought joy to his lean and withered heart. With only three residents in Forgotten Hollow, all of them vampires, it had been suicidal to try to breed. There were only so many plasma fruits to go around.
Besides, Count Vlad didn't want a vampire mate. Vampires were a contentious lot, not likely to get along well with others. A human mate at least had a few uses in addition to producing babies. She could provide plasma, and could be mesmerized to perform tasks about the house. And if he didn't wish to be disturbed by her demands, he could make her sleep for a long time so she would leave him alone.
In this new world, the Count discovered a dozen female Sims who were perfect for his needs -- lovely, young and docile. He wanted to marry them all, but that way led to exhaustion. What he wanted was to marry one and then move on to the next when the first became old or boring. But the others would all be older, too. What to do, what to do?

Count Vlad pored over his volumes of vampire lore, seeking to discover a way to preserve humans in their youth. And finally, in the last book he read, he came across something which gave him an idea. Vampirism was something that could be cured. Vlad wasn't interested in a cure for himself, but if he turned all his future brides into vampires, they would stay young forever. Then he could, at his leisure, cure one after another and provide himself with a new source of tender young delight.

Excited, he set out upon his program that very evening, turning Nina Caliente first,

then Cassandra Goth,

then Luna Villareal,

then Sofia Bjergsen,

then Morgan Fyres.

He was stopped in his progress by an old crone. "It's a good thing I caught you," she cackled. "You lost all track of time, didn't you?"

To his shock, Vlad realized that it was nearly daybreak. He was exhausted and he suddenly felt rather hungry.
"Don't even think about chomping on me," said the old witch. "I've a message for you from the Watcher."
Count Vlad laughed. "Don't tell me you actually believe in that myth!"
"Yes, and you'd better, too," said the witch. "She has the power to lock your front door against you and keep you outside until you spontaneously combust, so you'd better do what she wants. Here's a letter for you."
He slit open the envelope with one of his teeth (fangs had other uses besides piercing skin) and pulled out a thick wad of paper.

Dear Vlad,
(Hmmph, he snorted -- not even the courtesy of his title, self-bestowed though it was.) It is my understanding that you have begun the program I had intended for you. But since we hadn't communicated yet, I doubt that you are clear on the concept. I do want you to be the founder of a dynasty, a long and highly productive dynasty. To that end, I require you to "turn" youths from 10 or 12 of the leading families of Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, Windenburg, and San Myshuno. (Vlad's eyes gleamed -- 10 or 12? and so far he'd only done 5.)They should be about half male and half female and no older than young adult.(What? He had no intention of marrying any men, no matter how handsome they might be.)Your vampiric offspring will be kept young so that they can be spouses, in time, for your descendants.

Vlad looked up and glared at the witch. "Did you put the Watcher up to this? I know your lot is jealous that we vampires broke through first, but it's still a bit low."
"I had nothing to do with it," said the witch.

You'll find basic instructions in Attachment A -- Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge. You'll need to move out of your house and move in with your spouse; I suggest you make Straud Mansion a museum. You'll have to put together a collection of 10 items -- photographs will be quick -- and get married and produce a heir within the first 10 days. (Leave Straud Mansion? thought Vlad. Never!) Once you've moved in with your bride and her household, you'll have to accumulate 200 points before control can pass to your heir. You'll note that the instructions in Attachment A say 50 points, but I've lengthened the lifespan of those around you by a factor of 4. To aid in achieving the goal of 200 points, I've added several additional ways to gain points, to wit:

• +1 point for spending 2 or more hours at a different community lot.
  • +1 point for spending 2 or more hours at a different festival.
  • +2 points for obtaining a plaque for completing a collection (or just completing the collection, if there's no plaque). No repetition among heirs until all collections have been completed.
  • +2 points for obtaining the urn of a parent's remains and placing it in the family crypt.
  • -40 points for a controlled vampire, which may be spread throughout the point total as -2 at the beginning of every 10-point increment.
Also, you and your heirs may gain points through 2 skills at once, and the limits on points that can be gained are removed.

"I don't have time for worrying about points," Vlad told the witch. "It sounds like a very unaristocratic thing to do. You can tell her I'm not interested."
"Keep reading," said the witch. "There's another page."

If you are willing to accept the challenge, then you may so inform my emissary. If not, then, I shall investigate whether Caleb or Lilith Vatore is interested and offer my terms to them. Needless to say, you will not be allowed to create any more vampires and you will be unable to have progeny.

"She can't prevent me from having children," said Vlad.
"Yes, she can," said the witch. "There are no children born here without the Watcher's blessing."

In closing, I realize that you are both evil and a loner, with powers greater than those of ordinary Sims. I am willing to cut you some slack, but if I observe that you are abusing your powers and position, I will arrange some punishment. The ultimate punishment would be to cure you of vampirism, of course. I do so hope it won't come to that.
Cordially,
The Watcher

"This all sounds like the kind of plot that a witch would come up with," said Vlad, "but I'd hate to see that namby-pamby Caleb Vatore fill the world with his spawn. I do have a few conditions of my own that I hope the Watcher will agree to:

• Each heir will bring his or her toddlers to spend time with me until the future heir has become my good friend.
  • Each heir will attempt to produce as many toddlers as possible and will acquire the "On a Ley Line" lot trait upon moving in with his spouse.

The witch meditated a few minutes; Vlad sneered to see that she required a stool and was unable to levitate gracefully as he could.
"The Watcher agrees," she said, "but she wants to know whether you want to see all the toddlers, and whether your heirs can quit producing toddlers once you've become good friends with the future heir."
"All," said Vlad, "and I see no reason why they should quit producing them. The whole point of this exercize is that I get little ones to play with. But they can wait until one batch of toddlers has become children before they produce another."
"My work is done then," said the crone. "Count Vlad, it is been a pleasure."

"Not so fast," said Vlad. "It was most unwise of you to keep me talking before I'd fed."

When the witch recovered, she was furious. "I have powers of my own," she hissed. "And I curse you, Vlad Straud, and all your descendants. Wherever you and they live, there will be unpleasant surprises -- gremlins here, filthiness there, perhaps a ghost or two. Enjoy your new lodgings, mwahaha!"

When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Straud Dynasty
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:28 PM »
Table of Contents

Part the First -- Vlad

Chapter 1 -- Preparations and a Dream
Chapter 2 -- The Vampire in the Basement
Chapter 3 -- The First Heir(ess)
Chapter 4 -- Living with Toddlers
Chapter 5 -- Suspicions
Chapter 6 -- Vlad's Rant
Chapter 7 -- Toddler Spam and the First 50 Points
Chapter 8 -- Growing Up
Chapter 9 -- Life after Toddlers
Chapter 10 -- Halfway
Chapter 11 -- Going Online
Chapter 12 -- Research
Chapter 13 -- Caught on Tape
Chapter 14 -- Three-Quarters Done
Chapter 15 -- They Grow up so Fast
Chapter 16 -- A Sense of Mystery
Chapter 17 -- Passing the Torch

Part the Second, Section A -- Gretchen Straud

Chapter 18 -- Responsibilities
Chapter 19 -- The Course of True Love...
Chapter 23 -- Factory One
Chapter 24 -- A Visit
Chapter 28 -- Too Much Excitement
Chapter 32 -- Milestones
Chapter 36 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 39 -- Going Places
Chapter 43 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 46 -- Juggling
Chapter 49 -- Oddities
Chapter 52 -- Messes
Chapter 55 -- Third Quarter Report
Chapter 58 -- Tragedy
Chapter 59 -- Aftermath
Chapter 62 -- Almost There
Chapter 65 -- Final Report

Part the Second, Section B -- Nadia Straud

Chapter 20 -- Nadia's Museum
Chapter 21 -- Short, Sweet, and Red
Chapter 25 -- A Pleasant Surprise
Chapter 29 -- Hoist with her own Petard
Chapter 33 -- Hoist Again
Chapter 37 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 40 -- Nadia's Article
Chapter 41 -- At Home with the Straud-Landgraabs
Chapter 44 -- Hugs and Vampires
Chapter 47 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 50 -- Par-tay!
Chapter 53 -- Sibling Rivalry
Chapter 56 -- Third Quarter Report
Chapter 60 -- Explorations
Chapter 63 -- Final Report

Part the Second, Section C -- Balthazar Straud

Chapter 22 -- Fishing
Chapter 26 -- Bowled Over
Chapter 27 -- Star-Crossed
Chapter 30 -- Revelations
Chapter 31 -- Fishing and Shopping
Chapter 34 -- I Will
Chapter 35 -- The Problem with Vampires
Chapter 38 -- Trifecta
Chapter 42 -- And Then There were Three
Chapter 45 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 48 -- Jocasta's World
Chapter 51 -- My Family (by Jocasta Straud)
Chapter 54 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 57 -- The Case of the Broken Volcano
Chapter 61 -- Third Quarter Report
Chapter 64 -- Life as a Teenaged Vampiress
Chapter 68 -- Catch-up
Chapter 72 -- Final Report

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Part the Third, Section A -- Agatha Straud

Chapter 66 -- A New House
Chapter 69 -- An Ending and Beginnings
Chapter 74 -- A Life on Hold
Chapter 77 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 80 -- At the Gym
Chapter 83 -- Picking up Roosters
Chapter 86 -- All the Cousins
Chapter 89 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 92 -- Free Days
Chapter 95 -- A New Member of the Family
Chapter 98 -- Third Quarter Report

Part the Third, Section B -- Argus Straud

Chapter 67 -- Almost a Grand Master
Chapter 70 -- Gold Medal Wedding
Chapter 71 -- The Von Windenburg Estate
Chapter 75 -- Angels?
Chapter 78 -- Burning Donkey
Chapter 81 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 84 -- Additions
Chapter 87 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 90 -- An Uneventful Week
Chapter 93 -- Teen Angst
Chapter 96 -- Third Quarter Report

Part the Third, Section C -- Jocasta Straud

Chapter 73 -- To Sir, With Love
Chapter 76 -- Twins
Chapter 79 -- A Difference of Opinion
Chapter 82 -- Those Happy Toddler Days
Chapter 85 -- First Quarter Report
Chapter 88 -- The Grand Steward of the Arts
Chapter 91 -- Second Quarter Report
Chapter 94 -- Third Quarter Report
Chapter 97 -- Kitty Spam

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 04:51:46 PM »
THE STRAUD DYNASTY RECORD

Houses: Cacti Casa, Factory One, Affluista Mansion, Ophelia Villa, Garden Essence, Von-Windenburg Estate, 1020 Alto Apartments
Lot Traits: On Ley Lines, Cursed, Great Acoustics, Mean Vibe, Penny Pixies, Vampire Nexus, Science Lair, Gremlins, Chef's Kitchen, Grody, Child's Play, Fast Internet, Haunted, Quake Zone

Rocca-Strauds
Heir Traits: evil, loner, music lover, independent (t), self-assured, active, slob, geek, kleptomaniac, ambitious
Skills: violin, piano, guitar, singing, DJ mixing, fitness, wellness, mischief, rocket science
Aspirations: Master Vampire, Musical Genius, Body Builder, Nerd Brain
Careers: Social Media -- Internet Superstar,
Collections: photographs, postcards, frogs

Landgraab-Strauds
Heir Traits: evil, loner, music lover, goofball, geek, genius, snob, perfectionist
Skills: violin, piano, guitar, singing, pipe organ, gardening, fishing, programming, video gaming
Aspirations: Master Vampire, Musical Genius, The Curator, Computer Whiz
Careers: Social Media -- Internet Superstar, Scientist -- Extraterrestrial Explorer, Tech Guru -- Start-up Genius
Collections: photographs, crystals, geodes

Goth-Strauds
Heir Traits: evil, loner, music lover, cheerful, bro, foodie, genius. bookworm, ambitious, gloomy, materialistic, childish
Skills: violin, piano, guitar, singing, gourmet cooking, baking, mixology, writing,
Aspirations: Master Vampire, Musical Genius, Master Chef, Fabulously Wealthy, Best-Selling Author
Careers: Social Media -- Internet Superstar, Culinary -- Celebrity Chef, Writer -- Creator of Worlds
Collections: photographs, fish, microscope prints, posters

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 05:24:54 PM »
Oooooh, I had just started reading your last townie dynasty - having had interest in these townie challenges (and for the record what I've read so far has helped me understand the rules a lot better).
I'm really looking forward to reading this one while its happening instead of after the fact.

I loved your opening and all the little things, such as Vlad loving toddlers, and his quip about the witch being jealous the vampires broke through first.  He really is a brilliant mind, going after all those young ladies like that.  And, perhaps, creepy.  I enjoy your writing style.

I liked how the witch added her own touch, cursing all the future lots.

Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 05:47:08 PM »
Neeeeaaaat! Oh, I'm so excited! Vlad's descendants are all going to look amazing with all of those lovely preserved original townie genetics!

This is such a cool idea. You've taken this dynasty up a notch for sure!

I'm so excited to see creaky old Vlad covered in endless toddlers! Whee!

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 06:28:02 PM »
What an absolutely riveting introduction!
You portray Vladislaus Straud in such a believable fashion yet I'm glad the witch shows up to rein in and give meaning to Vlad's vampiric urges.
This is such a fangtastic twist on your Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty!

I am so excited to have this new challenge of yours to read!

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 07:32:48 PM »
Loving this!  Can't wait to see more (and to read about how the curse plays out for them and/or if it eventually gets broken).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 08:27:11 PM »
Chapter 1 -- Preparations and a Dream

When he returned home, Vlad scanned his letter from the Watcher into a file on his computer. Some people might think that vampires used only quills dipped in blood and wrote on parchment, but Vlad found that for ease of use nothing was preferable to a computer. He looked up "Attachment A" and found that he would have to get his bride to produce a heir within the first 10 days. But he would also have to put together a collection in that time period. He didn't have to worry about portraits since he lived alone. He hated to admit that the Watcher could be right about anything, but photographs did seem like a viable option given that speed was of the essence.

Unable to go outside during the day, Vlad took pictures of the interior of his house.

He took a selfie as well. He couldn't paint a self-portrait because mirrors wouldn't work for him.

That evening, Vlad set about transforming the young men of Sims world. Malcolm Landgraab was the first, and a real natural.

Vlad would have preferred turning Liberty or Summer, but he already had 5 prospective brides for his heirs and needed a few men in case there were daughters along the way. Travis wasn't as eager for the change as Malcolm had been, but he might improve.

Paolo Rocca was the next, and he was the only one who had a house that Vlad thought might be suitable for a vampire family.

Vlad didn't know how Diego would do. His personality was great for a vampire, but his apartment had way too many windows. He just hoped Diego wouldn't burn up before he could acquire the sunshine resistance power.

The last house he visited that evening was supposed to have three young men in residence, but the only person there was a young lady. Vlad gave her his "enchanting introduction." This was enchanting in two senses -- the recipient had romantic feelings for him when he was around and couldn't remember him when he wasn't there. Vlad had no intention of marrying Zoe -- for one thing she had terrible taste in wallpaper -- but there was nothing in the rules that said he could be amorous only with his wife.

The person he intended to marry was Cassandra Goth. She was the only one who lived in a house that came even close to Straud Mansion in comfort and magnificence. He arrived just as she was completing her transformation.

Vlad began training her immediately, first showing her a basic move in vampiric sparring.

To his delight, Cassandra caught on immediately. It was a move that took most fledgling vampires four or five tries to master -- and she did it during daylight (well, early evening), too. "What an excellent student you are, my dear," he said.
"Thanks," said Cassandra. "That's what all my teachers say."
A horrid suspicion entered Vlad's mind. Cassandra looked like a young adult, but..."Are you still a teen?" he asked.
"Yes," she said.
"When's your next birthday?"
"Not for some time," said Cassandra.
Sadly, Vlad returned home. Time was running out -- he'd already spent three days, and he still had no idea who the mother of his heir would be...

From the diary of Zoe Patel:

"I had the strangest dream last night. A pale old man in a black suit summoned me to a dark and misty garden. I was quite startled when he kissed me...

..but I was unable to resist, and indeed I was strangely attracted even though he wasn't at all my type.

He took me to an underground chamber and read to me from an old book, very large and mysterious. When he kissed me again, it was wonderful and delicious, but a little scary, like forbidden fruit.

The pale man took my hand and led me into a rich and heavy room. Beneath an arch decorated with flowers, he told me that I would be his forever...

"All I really remember of this dream is getting married to a strange, very pale man in a room with brocaded wallpaper and Oriental rugs," Zoe told her housemates the next morning. "Oh, and lots of gargoyles and other statues."

"Oh you remember more than that," Mitchell teased her. "You just don't want to tell us."
Zoe blushed.
"See, that proves it," he said.
"It's your classic opposite substitution dream," said Gavin. "Deep inside, you really want to marry me, but you can't admit that, so you dream of marrying someone pale."
"Uh, Gavin, I really like you, but I don't think that's the right interpretation."
"Yeah, we both know you want to marry J. He's an idiot for not wanting to get into a relationship."
Zoe laughed. "I do not want to marry J. I don't want to marry anyone, not yet."

[/URL]

Below them, in a basement the housemates didn't know they had, Vlad was settling himself for the day. "This could work out very nicely," he murmured. "It almost feels like home."

Vlad's Stats upon Moving in
Traits: evil, loner, music lover
Collection: Photographs, worth $99
Satisfaction Points: 1825
Household Income: $205,263

Offline Whirligig

• Simmer Down Sally
  • Occult
    • Whirligig Plays Sims
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2017, 09:02:55 PM »
Oooh, how exciting! I was about to start reading the Zest dynasty, but then I saw you'd finished! I'm eager to read this one as it happens - always a lot more fun that way! I love the way you've decided to preserve the original townies - how creative! Looking forward to seeing what else Vlad gets up to with Zoe Patel.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Morven Dynasty
Blogger ||| Simblr

Soroja14 on Origin

Offline PeregrineTook

• Watcher
  • aka Pippin, the Most Tenacious Simmer
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 09:04:04 PM »
The vampire in the basement sounds like a pretty awesome name for a teen/young adult fiction story.
Poor Cassandra.  She would have been a great vampire spouse.  Maybe next generation...

Offline wfgodot

• ello beastie
  • Occult
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 06:56:44 AM »
Man, a Goth would have been perfect for him.

I'm very excited about the secret vampire living in the basement.  How scary!
I like Zoe as a spouse, I think she is pretty.
I also really enjoyed all Vlad's photographs.  He has some skill!
Add "maice" on Origin.
Behren Blog

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 09:16:17 AM »
Welcome, everyone!

Just so people know, this is not a Hall of Fame attempt, so I will be taking a few liberties -- like making Straud Mansion the Museum instead of using the one I set down before starting. (And Straud Mansion works -- all I had to do was add an easel).

I'm playing on long because there were lots of things that I didn't have time for during the regular Townie challenge. None of my children got to have voidcritters, for example, because they didn't have time for anything that didn't build a skill or contribute to their grade. But I'm probably going to age up babies on their first notice (12 days is a bit long) and toddlers when they max all 5 skills. Another thing I've done is to add Iggy to the Pancake household (he's the toddler in the 17th anniversary picture).

So if you're interested in how a Townie dynasty works, I'd suggest you still read the one about the Zests because that's all legal. I became familiar with the rules for the Immortal Dynasty as much through reading others' stories as through poring over the rules.

But if you're interested in evil vampires, this is the place to be. @PeregrineTook, I love "The Vampire in the Basement," and who knows? Maybe when I'm done, I'll do all the work (and it would be work) to turn Vlad's part into a book. Incidentally, the only vampire books I've read have been Dracula and Stephen King's 'Salem's Lot, both of which I reread recently in preparation for this.

Offline lesleyj42

• Townie
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
So excited to read this new dynasty story, and so soon after the Zest dynasty was finished. You're on a roll!
Vlad is quite a character; he should make an excellent founder. His affinity for toddlers adds a whole new layer to his personality. Love it!
I also love the detail of the witch cursing the family with negative lot traits, should make things more interesting.

Offline FrancescaFiori

• Watcher
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2017, 02:42:36 PM »
Oh, gosh! What a mysterious beginning! I love Zoe, and making it all seem like a dream (except for the very real new basement under Cacti Casa) is so intriguing!

I like your selection of bachelors as well! Glad you got Diego in there. He's one of my favorites. You will have to invest in some serious curtains, though!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »
Chapter 2 -- The Vampire in the Basement

Greetings, all my lovely offspring and all you beautiful vampire wannabes! Never did I guess, when I posted that little video of myself, that it would go viral on the web. 800,000 viewers! I don't know what to say to you all except to convey my utmost gratitude.
I have put myself at your disposal to answer a few of your most pressing questions about myself and about vampires, so let us begin.

Where do you live?
I do not intend to give out my address, but I am assuming that you are more interested in my living arrangements, correct? I inhabit an underground chamber, equipped with the things I consider necessary -- my pipe organ, my piano, and my violin (I am a great lover of music), workout equipment (it would be too embarrassing if one of my offspring bested me in a friendly sparring match), my computer, and of course, my coffin to sleep in. A comfortable armchair, an armoire, an easel, and my favorite statue round out my accommodations.

Upstairs I have planted a plasmafruit tree. The door to my chamber is locked so that none of the normals who live above me will disturb me. I could do without a door entirely if I wished and transport myself into my chamber as mist, but that requires the expenditure of some of my power.  Usually I have power to spare of course, but one must always be prepared for an emergency.

My boyfriend bit me on the neck the other day. Will I become a vampire?
Since I am not your boyfriend, the answer is no. Depending on his level of personal hygiene, you might develop septicemia, though, so I would recommend the application of an antiseptic such as iodine or hydrogen peroxide. I sense that your question expresses a larger curiosity about vampiric transformation.  If you see someone with a violet glow around the middle...

...and this is followed by swirls of black smoke and a change in appearance, then it is likely that you have witnessed what we vampires call a turning.

Where am I likely to find you?
If you send me an invitation, I might show up on your doorstep one evening. But generally, I'm only outside during the night as I have very delicate skin. Sometimes my work requires that I give a public lecture uptown.

You might also find me playing the violin in the park some evening. A small gratuity -- if you enjoy the music -- would be appreciated but it's really not necessary as I am quite wealthy.

I love your evil laugh. Can you teach me how to do that?
Only if you are evil yourself. But if you send me an invitation, my dear, I can come to your house and give you a demonstration of my laugh and other powers.

What's it like being one of the normals who live above you? Are you always ordering them around?
I wouldn't say always, only when there is something that needs doing. This fellow, for example, is quite lazy. On his own, he would leave this puddle for someone to slip in, so I make him clean -- but only for his benefit and the benefit of his housemates.

And this one needs to be able to use a computer for his job, but is disinclined to repair it. Frankly, I think my residence is of great benefit to my normals, besides conferring an honor upon them.

So having a vampire living in your basement would be a good thing?
Well, some vampire other than myself, my dear. You see, a noxious witch cast a curse upon me so that everyone in my household is subject to irrational fits of anger and other distressing moods. The amusing thing is that they are no bother to me, and indeed, the discomfiture of my housemates contributes to my happiness because I am evil. (Incidentally, I had nothing to do with that helmet upon the young man's head. He is not trying to avoid being bitten -- for one thing, he has no idea that I live here, and for another, I make it a point not to feed upon my housemates. There are plenty of other sources of nourishment out there. It is my understanding that the helmet in question was given to him at his place of employment.)

Right now, the sweet smell of passing normals beckons, and I am feeling a bit peckish. Until next time, my dear followers. And remember, keep those invitations coming!

Vlad turned off his computer.

Upstairs, he could hear Gavin talking to the others. "I think some strange seed must have blown into the courtyard -- have you guys seen this plant here?...I just tried the door and it won't open. That's funny. Do you think it might have rusted shut?"
"Pathetic," Vlad murmured to himself. "It never rains in Oasis Springs, but he thinks the door won't open because of rust. I love the normal Sim's capacity for self-delusion."

At that moment, his computer turned on.
Vlad, this is the Watcher. Don't try to block me, because that won't work. I'm contacting you directly because my emissary now refuses to talk to you. I don't understand why you drained her -- I'm sure if you'd asked permission, she'd have let you have a snack.
"Strauds do not ask permission," Vlad typed back.
Never mind, that's not why I contacted you.

My question is, WHAT have you done to Zoe? Ordinarily, she's a cheerful, slightly clumsy goofball, but now she's crying all the time.

"Well, she is pregnant."
That's not why she is crying. Listen.

"I feel like I'm pregnant, but I don't see how I could be," sobbed Zoe. "Unless one of you guys..."
"Zoe, we would never!" exclaimed Gavin. "Not unless you wanted to. I mean we're all bros, right? Bros don't do that to other bros. J, tell her."
"I haven't been in your room," said J, "and Mitchell hasn't either because he knows I'd kill him if he pulled a stunt like that."
"But I feel pregnant, and I had this dream...Do you think I'm going crazy?"
"No," said Gavin. "Not really. But I read in a psychology book that sometimes a woman who really wants a child can produce the physical symptoms of pregnancy quite convincingly."
"But I don't really want a child," protested Zoe. "Not right now. Eventually, sure, but I can wait."
"Then I guess the answer is that this pale guy you dreamed you married got you pregnant."
"Oh, don't be ridiculous," said Zoe. "It's probably just indigestion and bloating."

You're making the poor woman think she's crazy.
"I know," said Vlad. "Isn't it fun!"
I did not bring you into this dynasty to have you be cruel to your wife.
"But I'm evil," said Vlad. "So of course I'm cruel. And I looked at the rules and there's nothing that said I had to be nice."

The computer shut down abruptly. One point for him, Vlad thought, as he started his workout routine.

anything