Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 243002 times)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #285 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:24 AM »
Also about fishing is to make note is that the private pond I made on my property didn't seem to freeze over.   I bet you could put one in an enclosed room (like a greenhouse) and have a cat fish there.  Since cats get everything from water and not just the local stuff.

I will never ever start another dynasty without a cat. 

My private pond froze over unfortunately.

I tried having a pond in an enclosed room (with moveobjects on) and it wouldn't do a complete roof for me :(.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #286 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
Yeah it looks like "ponds" will always ice over probably because it goes by ground temperature not air temperature.  How dare the game be so accurate. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #287 on: January 03, 2013, 10:34:31 AM »
Could I send a cat out to the swamps to get deathfish? Some of Twinbrook's swaps don't freeze over because they're marked as salt water.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #288 on: January 03, 2013, 12:09:23 PM »
I've gotten saltwater fish from a freshwater pond with a cat, so I'd assume the opposite would also be possible. I've also gotten fish from the WA locations with cats - it almost looks like the determination on what kind of fish you get is only based on the rarity of the fish vs. the cat's hunting skill. I'm guessing that if you're after deathfish, your cat had better have hunting maxed and the fishing challenge complete... I've got two cats with hunting 8 and the fishing challenge and neither one has gotten a deathfish yet.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #289 on: January 03, 2013, 12:19:53 PM »
All of Artie's deathfish from the last two dynasties had come from the cats.  They started getting them at maxed hunting.  They got them more often after the fishing challenge was finished though.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: January 03, 2013, 02:55:47 PM »
Anyway, speaking of premium content, there's one thing to note about the MultiTab3000 (or whatever it's called) and happiness points - while it is one of the best investments I've ever made through the store, I noticed that unless sims actively practice the skill being learned (i.e., pulling weeds, fixing/upgrading toilets and such, writing novels, etc.), the wishes to do anything related to the skill pop up rarely if at all. None of my helpers received any wishes to master the skill that was being learned only via tabcast - Amira only got the one for fishing because I finally found angelfish (across from the 64x64 lot, same area where special seeds are sometimes) and had her go wild at the pond when she was a low level 9, but she did not get the wish for gardening. I don't regret using it and am still using it, but I'd probably have my collection helper by now had I used it a little less, and my founder is now going for the Food Replicator over Fireproof Homestead as her third and final unique LTR because of it.

I <3 you totally, I'm using it in my Life States 2nd attempt, and couldn't figure out why I wasn't rolling the Master X skill wishes. Time to ditch that, then! (On to the 3rd attempt!)

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #291 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:43 AM »
Alright guys, I haven't started my dynasty yet, I was browsing through a few stories for inspirations.
One thing that really stuck me was that in all the stories, the founders married just after the first meeting. How is it possible?
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #292 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:21 AM »
Some of the stories might gloss over the time lapse - but if you work at it, you can get someone to marry you, or at least move in, on the first day. Friendly interactions until you're friends, then start Romantic interactions, or keep going with Friendly until "ask to move in" comes up if you want a roommate instead of a spouse.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #293 on: January 05, 2013, 05:44:30 PM »
The traits and star sign of the sims can come into play. I believe that something like commitment issues in either sim would make it more difficult, while something like flirty/friendly/great kisser would make it easier. I also believe that compatible starsigns would make romantic interactions more likely to succeed.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #294 on: January 05, 2013, 07:41:11 PM »
That's all true. When a Sim has Commitment Issues you have to get their relationship really high before they will move in. And it's generally easier to move in a Commitment Issues Sim so you can control them before you try to get them married.

By samoht04

Offline Aniruddh

• Nooboo
  • Yo
« Reply #295 on: January 05, 2013, 08:39:07 PM »
And just one more thing:
How much money does Agnes Crumplebottom have?
-------------------------------------------------------

With Kind Regards,
Aniruddh (the Great)

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #296 on: January 05, 2013, 08:41:19 PM »
And just one more thing:
How much money does Agnes Crumplebottom have?

20,000 plus another 85,000 when you sell her car.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #297 on: January 06, 2013, 05:06:06 PM »
You only get the §85,000 if she has the car in her inventory and it's the first day.   If you wait, it will depreciate.  Don't forget that!  That's why a lot of people have Agnes drive them to their home lot before moving her in.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #298 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:35 PM »
For some reason, I can remember Sofia Carlton's car still selling for 85,000 when I moved her in a few days into the game. Though that was in July or August and my memory is always spotty. But it was definitely more than 80,000, since her LTW still completed upon selling it. Good tip though.

One thing I've noticed is that it's really hard to get nice cars from sims that don't live alone. While I have no issues getting DeAndre or Sofia to drive somewhere in their cars since no one else is there to drive it instead, I've never gotten a car from the Knacks or the Rackets in spite of both families having decently nice cars. The Hi-Tech Friends also have a nice car, but I've only gotten it once from a huge batch of botched runs.

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #299 on: January 06, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
I think the deal is: the car will hold its value until it's placed on a lot. In my current game Billy Caspian's car held its value until I put a parking space on my home lot for it...so as long as it doesn't leave the owner's inventory you might get a day or two to sell it, even if they use it to drive around town a bit.