Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 240565 times)

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #300 on: January 10, 2013, 08:24:22 PM »
Research, research, research!!! This may have been said before but it should be repeated. Make sure you know where to fish, and where the spawn points are. Find out what skills and traits potential spouses have. The more you know, the better you'll go.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #301 on: January 10, 2013, 11:13:01 PM »
About the car, I think cathyknits is onto something - I got Michael Tomyoy in LL to move in a few weeks into my current dynasty in order to father generation 2's spouse help out with money and around the yard that passes for a house. I got very excited when I saw he had a Yomoshoto(sp?) Evasion, but somewhat less excited when it only sold for 9200 simoleons - not bad at all, but no instant LTW for my founder either. Luckily I had his future daughter's mother turn him into a witch (he was a werewolf - I turned off vamps and fairies) so he'll have a broom for at least the next couple of days until he turns elder...which reminds me, once witches turn elder, they start taking taxis instead of a broom, at least if you haven't bought them a broom of their own through build/buy.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #302 on: January 10, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
Weird. Skeet Bayless was a witch when I used him, and he still rode his broom as an elder. Same with Thomas Castor. Maybe I'm just lucky, because I hate the taxis!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #303 on: January 10, 2013, 11:30:44 PM »
About the car, I think cathyknits is onto something - I got Michael Tomyoy in LL to move in a few weeks into my current dynasty in order to father generation 2's spouse help out with money and around the yard that passes for a house. I got very excited when I saw he had a Yomoshoto(sp?) Evasion, but somewhat less excited when it only sold for 9200 simoleons - not bad at all, but no instant LTW for my founder either. Luckily I had his future daughter's mother turn him into a witch (he was a werewolf - I turned off vamps and fairies) so he'll have a broom for at least the next couple of days until he turns elder...which reminds me, once witches turn elder, they start taking taxis instead of a broom, at least if you haven't bought them a broom of their own through build/buy.

Wait...are you saying that Micheal was a werewolf while on the household?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #304 on: January 11, 2013, 01:30:39 AM »
Isn't the Yomoshoto Evasion normally §9000?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #305 on: January 11, 2013, 08:05:23 PM »
Wow! In the main Challenge thread, Ricalynn pointed out the Sims Wiki page on Mixology. I'd ruled it out as a possible supermax, because I didn't want to put all nine of the Bridgeport bars in Riverview. But if the wiki is accurate, you can learn 42 possible drink recipes to supermax Mixology by placing The Grind, the Banzai Lounge, and either Waylon's Haunt or the Watering Hole from Appaloosa Plains (all low-rise buildings on reasonably sized lots), plus adding professional bars to a Junkyard, a Supernatural Hangout, and a Pool that you've purchased. That might not even be the most efficient combination - the Bridgeport bars only have 5-7 recipes each, but the Art Gallery has 17 available and the Pool and Junkyard have 16. And if the idea of a professional wet bar at the junkyard is a little weird - there's nothing that says the bar has to stay there when you're done with it.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #306 on: January 11, 2013, 10:23:12 PM »
That is an impressive idea: I've had a few generations in my current plan I wasn't sure what to do with, but this may be my solution.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #307 on: January 11, 2013, 10:27:27 PM »
The only problem is that you can't buy a junkyard to place a bar there. :(

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #308 on: January 11, 2013, 10:52:49 PM »
Hrm. I'll have to refigure it, then - I thought you could buy a junkyard.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #309 on: January 11, 2013, 11:40:48 PM »
Hmm, I thought the Evasion was worth a lot more - anyway, coincidentally I noticed in another file I'm playing that a Margaret Vaguester is worth significantly less in a parking spot than it is if someone has it in their inventory upon moving in after I, um, freed one from its prison of a parking space at a hangout one evening. So, maybe I did get lucky with Michael.

Wait...are you saying that Micheal was a werewolf while on the household?

No, I found a witch elixir, had Sofia Vanderburg make a beeline to Michael and throw it at him before asking him to move in. Sorry for any confusion. :)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2013, 02:20:19 AM »
Anything that you Swipe because of the Kleptomaniac trait will have a significantly reduced value; this is why it's better to ask the owner to move in, and sell it for the full price.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2013, 02:45:16 AM »
Speaking of Mixology, I just spent several hours compiling a spreadsheet of Mixology drinks that are available by location. It should be helpful for SuperMaxing Mixology. The drinks are listed down the side, alphabetically in groups of similar types (regular drinks, crazy drinks, etc). The different venues are listed across the top in alphabetical order by multiplier. From the Sims Wiki:

Each drink has a base value of the cost. The cost is increased or decreased by the multipliers based on the lot type. For example, Zen Zinger, which has the base price of §7 will cost §21 in a fusion lounge, while in a live show venue, it will only cost §6. Additionally, several venues have happy hour, when the price of drinks get lowered.

So for example, Junkyard is first because it has the lowest multiplier (0.85), then Big Park, Cat Jungle, etc., all venues with a multiplier of 0.9, in alphabetical order. The very last is Exclusive Lounge with a multiplier of 3.5. In this way I hoped to make it easy to tell how you could get the most different drinks at the lowest cost. This information came from The Sims Wiki's article on Mixology.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2013, 07:30:23 AM »
I was halfway through doing that - for the second time. Thanks for saving me from doing the other half.

Offline Deme

• Immortal
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2013, 09:44:16 AM »
With the aide of the spreadsheet, I've determined that a winning combo, for anyone looking to not have to craft their own may be: Big Park, Graveyard, Art Gallery,  and Pool if a normal sim can order and learn supernatural drinks. If you can't, a Fishing Spot can supplement this.
Not counting any drinks twice, this puts you above 42. I'm sure there are more efficient methods, but my mind's gone half-numb from staring at grids.
Stories In Progress:
The Avyan Immortal Dynasty

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2013, 02:04:22 PM »
Hrm. I'll have to refigure it, then - I thought you could buy a junkyard.
You could at one time but it got patched out a year or two back.

anything