Author Topic: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips (Not Questions)  (Read 241117 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Completing an Immortal Dynasty Hints and Tips
« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2013, 02:15:22 PM »
I was halfway through doing that - for the second time. Thanks for saving me from doing the other half.

You're welcome. :)

With the aide of the spreadsheet, I've determined that a winning combo, for anyone looking to not have to craft their own may be: Big Park, Graveyard, Art Gallery,  and Pool if a normal sim can order and learn supernatural drinks. If you can't, a Fishing Spot can supplement this.
Not counting any drinks twice, this puts you above 42. I'm sure there are more efficient methods, but my mind's gone half-numb from staring at grids.

Fantastic! Thank you! And I'm assuming that takes into account the price of drinks, since the Big Park is second cheapest. Thank you so much Deme, I appreciate you extrapolating that data for everyone, including me.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rose

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2013, 02:18:14 PM »
So I haven't actually started my dynasty yet, but, because I'm a control freak, I'm planning out all of my immortals' skills and such.  I was wondering: Has anyone had an immortal SuperMax the riding skill?  If so, how hard is it to do?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #317 on: January 12, 2013, 02:22:33 PM »
So I haven't actually started my dynasty yet, but, because I'm a control freak, I'm planning out all of my immortals' skills and such.  I was wondering: Has anyone had an immortal SuperMax the riding skill?  If so, how hard is it to do?

Hmm . . . I've never tried, or seen it done on the board. I think it's trickier because the Immortal has to invite 5 wild horses to move in, and that really takes some time. The challenges are all pretty difficult, so in my opinion it's best as a back-up.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2013, 02:40:12 PM »
I think Ricalynn had a Riding supermax.
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2013, 02:50:18 PM »
Yeah, Ricalynn did have one. I do agree with azokka361 though - maxing it is ridiculously easy, supermaxing not so much. Between the 2012 challenge finale where neither of my sims had enough time to properly take care of the horse and ended up losing it, and a brief attempt at doing it with my life state dynasty founder, it's not something I plan to try again anytime soon, at least not without plenty of help from other household members with nothing better to do. If I ever do go for it, I would probably do it no earlier than generation 3, and no later than generation 6 (and I think 6 is pushing it due to space considerations).

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:42 PM »
I think Ricalynn had a Riding supermax.

Rica did it, lilygirl did it...i'm sure there's even others.

Yeah, Ricalynn did have one. I do agree with azokka361 though - maxing it is ridiculously easy, supermaxing not so much. Between the 2012 challenge finale where neither of my sims had enough time to properly take care of the horse and ended up losing it, and a brief attempt at doing it with my life state dynasty founder, it's not something I plan to try again anytime soon, at least not without plenty of help from other household members with nothing better to do. If I ever do go for it, I would probably do it no earlier than generation 3, and no later than generation 6 (and I think 6 is pushing it due to space considerations).

Lilygirl's was generation Sevinn, and Ricalynn's was the fifth generation so it is possible later on, it just means having to do the Horse Friend and Mustang Masterchallenges quickly or just take some from the equestrian center to befriend and resell. There is always two spaces for pets unless you have a cat or dog.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2013, 08:29:43 PM »
I have made my new founder a witch and it has helped greatly. She can conjure apples for food (and for planting) while she makes quite a bit of money by the conversion spell. As an added bonus, she can magically upgrade items, saving time on cleaning and repairing greatly.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Toni

• Sydrian Bookworm
  • Occult
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2013, 06:28:13 PM »
Alot of people mention how they have trouble with keeping the already Immortal elders happy. So, when I was loading up a game, and this came up, I decided it would be worth sharing.

It may seem obvious, but if you are stumped for ideas on what to get them to do, just look at their wishes and fulfill them. As long as they dont conflict with the dynasty rules.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2013, 07:57:56 PM »
I have made my new founder a witch and it has helped greatly. She can conjure apples for food (and for planting) while she makes quite a bit of money by the conversion spell. As an added bonus, she can magically upgrade items, saving time on cleaning and repairing greatly.

A word of warning - watch them like a hawk!
My witch is fond of Fire Blast (on my nearly-immortal Gen 2) and Toadification (on everybody)! I check her queue every few minutes, and if she queues them up, I cancel them ASAP!

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #324 on: January 16, 2013, 11:27:59 AM »
What traits does she have? My witch has never autonomously fire blasted or toadified anyone.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2013, 02:54:14 PM »
A word of warning - watch them like a hawk!
My witch is fond of Fire Blast (on my nearly-immortal Gen 2) and Toadification (on everybody)! I check her queue every few minutes, and if she queues them up, I cancel them ASAP!

What traits does she have? My witch has never autonomously fire blasted or toadified anyone.

Mine haven't either. Mine tend to autonomously conjure apples and play with magic. I did have a witch fire blast a chinese explorer once, just to see what it looked like. I then tried to put it out ... but the animation kind of got stuck. So I had to resetsim * and it all returned to normal.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #326 on: January 16, 2013, 03:02:00 PM »
My witches are either humans with a funny glow around their portraits, or absolute terrors bent on creating a race of toad-people and ruining marriages with random love charms. Funny enough, the one that fit into the latter category the best actually had the Good trait! It seems to just be a little random.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #327 on: January 16, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
It may seem obvious, but if you are stumped for ideas on what to get them to do, just look at their wishes and fulfill them. As long as they dont conflict with the dynasty rules.

That about sums it up.  Mine keep rolling wishes to learn skills they're not allowed to.  Even innocent things can turn to mayhem.  If I let them go to the library they seem to end up in the park trying to fish or cook on the barby.  That almost ended my dynasty once.  A non-cook trying to use the park grill.  Luckily I had lots of deathflowers.
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #328 on: January 16, 2013, 06:17:29 PM »
My Problem with this ide was that some of them just stopped Rolling Wisches After a while. I endend up redecorating and buying useless junk just to get them interested in something again.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #329 on: January 19, 2013, 04:56:10 PM »
Anyone have any tips on how I should stop my brain explosions ... I just had another 'great' idea for the Victors attempt, consisting of "why don't I move in the Keaton teenager, that would be fun". It was similar 'great' ideas that caused troubles for me in previous attempts. I have NOT, however followed through on that idea. :)