Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 898287 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #390 on: September 29, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
You could leave them barren in a place no one can go to remove them or you could change it to 7 pieces of produce from those 7 plants and i would still say you were ok.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #391 on: September 29, 2012, 06:54:57 PM »
Okay, I'll do the produce. The barren plants are too sad. Even though those Gothic planter bowls look cool in my mausoleum. Thanks Rica!

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #392 on: September 29, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »
Metro and I talked it over and we both believe that the requirement says both parents and that means both parents whether they are alive or dead.    Heirs who only have one living parent would have a very distinct advantage over those that had two living ones.

Thanks. That was a hard ruling. I think that then I'm clearly going to fail my attempt, since I can direct neither the child or the ghost parent to interact with each other. And it may well be that the ghost does not even come haunting during the week of toddler stage. So I think it's quite impossible to reach even friend let alone best level status within these conditions.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #393 on: September 29, 2012, 11:06:32 PM »
There are several ways to get a ghost to join your household after it's been dead.   If you had asked us prior to the spouse's death, we would have given the same answer and then maybe you would have been able to have the spouse prepare ambrosia for himself or earn the philosopher's stone.  You might still get the Oh My Ghost opportunity so I wouldn't give up hope yet. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #394 on: September 29, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »
There are several ways to get a ghost to join your household after it's been dead.   If you had asked us prior to the spouse's death, we would have given the same answer and then maybe you would have been able to have the spouse prepare ambrosia for himself or earn the philosopher's stone.  You might still get the Oh My Ghost opportunity so I wouldn't give up hope yet.

I don't have Supernatural, so Philosopher's stone is out of the question. And it has been several weeks since the spouse died and Oh My Ghost has not come up.

But would it be possible for her to remarry some other supernatural guy and have an heir with him?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #395 on: September 29, 2012, 11:18:55 PM »
Your founder has already had a child with another person that resulted in a different life state, correct?  If that is the case then you already have the heir for that generation.  So it is that heir that needs to complete the requirements.

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #396 on: September 29, 2012, 11:25:18 PM »
My Gen 2 heir just grew to YA. The new random trait does not show and one of his other traits has changed. In total there were 3 birthdays on the lot today and the last trait for all the sims does not show in their panels.
May I use the cheat to fix this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #397 on: September 29, 2012, 11:26:25 PM »
Now I came up with another suggestion: what if the spouse was resurrected back into human form? His old genie lamp with unused wishes is in the founder's inventory. As far as I can see, there's nothing in the rules that the spouse has to stay a supernatural character after the heir is born, is there?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #398 on: September 29, 2012, 11:28:14 PM »
My Gen 2 heir just grew to YA. The new random trait does not show and one of his other traits has changed. In total there were 3 birthdays on the lot today and the last trait for all the sims does not show in their panels.
May I use the cheat to fix this?

Did you try restarting the game to see if they show up first?  As for the trait change, did your Sim drink any drinks that come from mixology because sometimes that changes traits for a Sim?

Now I came up with another suggestion: what if the spouse was resurrected back into human form? His old genie lamp with unused wishes is in the founder's inventory. As far as I can see, there's nothing in the rules that the spouse has to stay a supernatural character after the heir is born, is there?

That is a perfectly acceptable way to handle the situation.  Go for it. 

Offline Tipi

• Occult
« Reply #399 on: September 29, 2012, 11:33:16 PM »
That is a perfectly acceptable way to handle the situation.  Go for it.

Oh, that was a relief! Thanks Rica.

And I see my question made the FAQ. It makes me very proud that I came up with a question no one had thought of before.  ;)

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #400 on: September 29, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »
Oh, that was a relief! Thanks Rica.

And I see my question made the FAQ. It makes me very proud that I came up with a question no one had thought of before.  ;)

Thank you for asking it!  I'm sorry I didn't mention the lamp before.  I haven't used one in so long that I forget about it's resurrection properties.   I blame the fact that my only active game file is an immortal dynasty where the lamp rez is forbidden.   Good luck on Gen 2's requirements!

Offline RavenKay

• Townie
    • Moderator/Forum Owner
« Reply #401 on: September 29, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
He hadn't had any drinks at all. He had just got home from work and transformed to human for his birthday.
The other two age ups happened just as he got home.
I will check the traits tommorrow and see if they show in the panels. Will post to let you know.

Offline Aadi

• Nooboo
« Reply #402 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:45 AM »
Do old friends count for the best friend requirement? If not, is there a way to go back to best friends after being best friends?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #403 on: September 30, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
As long as the relationship bar is still as full as it would be while you were best friends than you're fine.  Old friends just means that you've been friends for a very long time.

Offline Aadi

• Nooboo
« Reply #404 on: September 30, 2012, 12:56:25 AM »
Okay. Thank you :)