Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908915 times)

Offline geekchic

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #705 on: October 17, 2012, 02:46:22 PM »
She's a technophobe, how does she have fun?

Rica, I started in moonlight falls and wasn't aware of combined lots having glitches, so I haven't replaced them yet, I'm waiting for the ok to do so.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #706 on: October 17, 2012, 03:00:03 PM »
Reading, painting, fishing, if she's a fairy then toss her on the train set.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #707 on: October 17, 2012, 03:15:05 PM »
I may have her paint for her other skill challenges, hmmm.

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
« Reply #708 on: October 17, 2012, 03:28:22 PM »
So no matter how many times I deny her it, the want to pillow fight with another sim keeps reappearing. Glitch?

Nah, she's just demanding attention and fun. Get her fun-meter up and when you deny it, it'll stay away (until the next time her fun is low, anyway). Same with getting the wish to karaoke.

Exactly.  I've found that the pillow fight wish pops up constantly while my sim is at work in a rabbit hole, especially if I'm having them "Work Hard".  It then continues on their way home from work as well.  The poor things are just desperate to have some fun.

For a technophobe, a swing set would be a great way for her to get that fun meter up.

TheTripWasInfraGreen

« Reply #709 on: October 17, 2012, 03:30:37 PM »
Technophobes aren't repelled by stereos either (they don't get a negative moodlet from using them, but there's still the option to "sabotage" stereos). Same for karaoke machines.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #710 on: October 17, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
She's a technophobe, how does she have fun?

Rica, I started in moonlight falls and wasn't aware of combined lots having glitches, so I haven't replaced them yet, I'm waiting for the ok to do so.

Glitches may not effect you.   Everyone seems to be having them but you never actually hear from the people where the game is working so I don't know if it happens to everyone.  Just be on the lookout to see if you notice any problems and if you don't have any then you're golden right? 

I would enroll all heirs in ballet or scouting just in case though.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #711 on: October 17, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »
Ooh, a swing set! I'm looking for the fastest non electronic way to get her fun up. Her little cash machine dog, is quite helping. :)

Edit: So, uhm, I feel like I'm cheating, but items keep reappearing on the ground after selling from inventory, and I'm making double profit.  :o Not to complain since that 85k car just appeared twice... is there a fix for this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #712 on: October 17, 2012, 04:26:05 PM »
That usually happens when you have the game paused and sell from inventory. Un-pause the game and they should disappear.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #713 on: October 17, 2012, 04:38:28 PM »
About unique opportunities.
Can the case opportunities you get as a private detective count? For my sims first case I got a string of opportunities with the same name (go to that sim, do something, report back). Since they belong together I assume I have to do them all to count it as 1 opportunity for the requirements. Is this correct or can I not count these at all?

Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Chuckles_82

« Reply #714 on: October 17, 2012, 04:49:22 PM »
If you sell items that can be dragged and dropped from the inventory to the ground and back, you can sell them more than twice ;) When it appears on the ground, drag it back into inventory before selling it again, and then it will appear on the ground again.

@Odie - I think I did read earlier that PI cases do count for opportunities

@geekchic - Use those pillow fight wishes to your advantage if you can - fight for a second, then cancel. Rinse and repeat until she's happy. If you already have enough LHPs, the fastest way is to take a potion of bliss - you can get one at the potion consignment shop, or make one very early on.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #715 on: October 17, 2012, 05:05:52 PM »
I forgot to mention, sculpting is also a fun activity. Or if you have the cash, send her to the spa for a day.

I'm not sure if hot tubs increase fun, though I imagine they do.

For the ultimate fun, find a buddy and woohoo somewhere (just don't get pregnant prematurely!) ;D

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #716 on: October 17, 2012, 05:45:02 PM »
If you sell items that can be dragged and dropped from the inventory to the ground and back, you can sell them more than twice ;) When it appears on the ground, drag it back into inventory before selling it again, and then it will appear on the ground again.

@Odie - I think I did read earlier that PI cases do count for opportunities

Chuckles is right about the PI opportunities.  If the name doesn't change it still counts for one, but it's not the only case you'll ever get. 

One thing about the inventory selling glitch.  Knowingly using the glitch to increase funds by selling the same object over and over is cheating.  Plain and simple.  Which means it's actually not allowed in any of the dynasties as previously stated in the immortal dynasty thread.   Doing something like this for normal gameplay is one thing but doing it in a challenge is too much.

Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #717 on: October 17, 2012, 06:15:38 PM »
Ah yes, I forgot to mention that part. I just assumed it was banned because it is a known exploit, and I think the general challenge rules say we are not allowed to use exploits in challenges. Thanks Rica.

Offline geekchic

• Townie
« Reply #718 on: October 17, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »
Chuckles is right about the PI opportunities.  If the name doesn't change it still counts for one, but it's not the only case you'll ever get. 

One thing about the inventory selling glitch.  Knowingly using the glitch to increase funds by selling the same object over and over is cheating.  Plain and simple.  Which means it's actually not allowed in any of the dynasties as previously stated in the immortal dynasty thread.   Doing something like this for normal gameplay is one thing but doing it in a challenge is too much.

I can adjust the funds using family funds down to around 90kish (which is what she should have from marrying Argus). Not being stupid, I had no idea it was from being on pause, does this mean a restart? I'm willing to adjust correctly. I seriously didn't know it was an exploit, for the longest time I thought I was dragging it on the ground. (No one said I was smart. :P)

Chuckles_82

« Reply #719 on: October 17, 2012, 06:54:55 PM »
If a sim combined two careers, would the philosopher's stone count as an alchemy career reward? You have to max alchemy to get the opportunity. I don't need it myself, but in the interest of having a complete list I figured something like this might count. If they add a skill certificate with a patch it would then be a viable career choice on it's own.