Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 924816 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #2010 on: July 03, 2013, 11:17:04 AM »
Do you have a save from before the wish was used?  We understand that you didn't know it would be hereditary but since it could possibly effect the entire rest of your dynasty, that's a problem.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #2011 on: July 03, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
Oh gosh. Probably, but I don't even know when it would have been. It's been ages since then.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2012 on: July 03, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
As far as I know, it only affects the kids of the wisher.

William used it, and the Aging is borked only on his direct children, their children don't appear to have it.  It would only affect this generation, if that's any help.

References: William has like 30 Children and innumerable grandchildren who are outlived by their (Occasionally still adult) parents  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2013 on: July 03, 2013, 12:14:16 PM »
Thanks for that information, Wiry. I have my fingers crossed I can continue. I still don't know the exact save in which the father wished for long life, but I do know they had three spares grow up and leave the house since then and since has three possible heirs. I really don't want to start over from there. Still hoping that I can just use their normal birthday as a deadline, as I am confident I can get the requirements done before then anyway.

By samoht04

Offline Wiry

• Watcher
  • Resident Genie Expert, Evil Simlord.
« Reply #2014 on: July 03, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »
Thanks for that information, Wiry. I have my fingers crossed I can continue. I still don't know the exact save in which the father wished for long life, but I do know they had three spares grow up and leave the house since then and since has three possible heirs. I really don't want to start over from there. Still hoping that I can just use their normal birthday as a deadline, as I am confident I can get the requirements done before then anyway.
And if it's any further help, it simply doubles all life stage lengths, in William's legacy I just cake them up at half bar if they're his children. That's not an option here, I'm afraid, but this SHOULD be the only generation affected, unless I have been on the lucky side of heredity  ;D
William's Wealth and Power Legacy

Fausta Legacy
*Twitch* GENIES!  *Twitch*
"For if Knowledge is Power, then a god am I!"- The Riddler

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2015 on: July 03, 2013, 12:25:19 PM »
Just remember Wiry this is a dynasty.. Only I can say when someone can cake. mwahahahaha >:D

Rosa - You are a very special person as you're the only person that gets to do this.  Cake them up at the normal amount of days.  Be Vigilant and honest about this experience.  Write down the days they age up and count out when they need to age up again.  You only get 7 days as a toddler and 7 days as a child.  And if you age them up before midnight remember that after midnight it becomes 6 not 7.  This is an advantage that no one should have.  I know you will be but it needs to be said all the same.

We're going to go ahead and ban the use of the long life wish for both parents until an heir is born.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2016 on: July 03, 2013, 12:48:25 PM »
Thank you, Rica. I will be very vigilant *salutes* And I think the wish-banning is a very good idea. I had no idea it would have this effect! Thank you again.

EDIT: Question--if we have permission to place a new school to fix opportunity bugs (which I had and I did) how do you transfer the kids to the new school? I thought I could just click on it and tell them to go but that didn't work, and there's no option for the parents either, not even on the computer or phone.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2017 on: July 03, 2013, 03:28:02 PM »
All of my kids automatically transferred over.  I'd delete the school when you get a chance with permission.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #2018 on: July 03, 2013, 03:46:19 PM »
Huh. Well if I delete the old school I'll have to add a Stadium as in Moonlight Falls they are combined.

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2019 on: July 03, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
That's fine. You have permission.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2020 on: July 03, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »
Life States Dynasty Island Paradise Decisions:

Mermaids - Mermaids are an occult which automatically makes them eligible for Life States Dynasty and they can reproduce normally which keeps them around.

Scuba Diving Skill - Scuba Diving skill challenges are allowed to be used by anyone but a mermaid. The ability to reach level 10 just by being born into a half fish makes it way too easy.

New Careers - Lifeguard Profession provides two known career rewards - Athletic cert and Charisma Cert.  Scuba Diver self employment career does not at this time have two known career rewards but the Scuba Diving skill does give a certificate.

Hidden Islands - Go .. find them.  Have fun.  The rules for private lots do not change with the expansion.

Houseboats - If you want one, buy one. However, you cannot start on a houseboat. We're unsure of any problems this could have in the long haul.  They work the same as private lots. You can own private lots but you cannot move to one. Players are offered a one time chance to place an empty houseboat at a port in Edit Town but that's your only chance so make sure it's the size you want or you'll have to buy someone else's houseboat to destroy.

LTWs, traits and LTRs - All Lifetime wishes, traits and Lifetime Rewards are allowed.

Resorts - If a player wishes to own a resort, that is their choice.  To get access to one players will need to either place a resort from Island Paradise or convert a private lot to a resort.  No new lots can be placed to be converted by you into a resort.  There is also no career associated with resorts.

Dive Lots -  Due to the fact that it's glitchy and requires lots of cheating, dive lots are not allowed to be placed in other worlds.

Lot Designations - The list of available lots that can have their lot designations changed within the current Edit Town rules are:
Petite Park, Ichtaca Community Garden, Rebecca's Cafe, Island Jewel Park, Paradise Pub, Beso De Sol Garden.

New Mausoleum Items - Seashells can be included in the mausoleum as a result of the scuba diving skill. For the purpose of this dynasty,  message bottles are considered Seashells.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #2021 on: July 03, 2013, 06:26:18 PM »
Can you create a mermaid spouse?  ie. eating mermadic kelp from another mermaid or a LTR?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2022 on: July 03, 2013, 06:27:22 PM »
Spouses have always been able to change life states.  It's only heirs that can't (other than founder). Yes they can use the mermaidic kelp but also remember that mermaids are now a part of story progression.  Your townies are going to turn mermaid whether you like it or not.

Offline LaniBethRaven

• Nooboo
« Reply #2023 on: July 03, 2013, 08:23:26 PM »
Hello.  I've been following this challenge for a while and actually attempted it a few times on my old computer.  I have consistently had the "school opportunities bug" in Moonlight Falls on both my old computer and now my new one and am asking permission to please change the school/stadium combination before starting a new Life States Dynasty to avoid future problems.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #2024 on: July 03, 2013, 09:30:25 PM »
You can place an already put together school and stadium in Moonlight Falls before you place your founder and that is within the rules. (Please see Edit Town section of the FAQ)  However, you cannot replace anything in town without permission.  I will not give permission to something that breaks the rules and  hasn't happened yet. 

anything