Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288296 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Flower Queen's Daughter
« Reply #255 on: January 20, 2013, 06:30:43 PM »
Eureka is lovely. Her face looks extremely mature for her age. She looks very intelligent. The nursery is very nice too, if stark. It doesn't suit Eden at all, but I'm sure it will be perfect for Eureka. Eden's maternity wear was gorgeous! And I love that she had the baby in the greenhouse. I am loath to give her up for the next heir, but I suppose it's either that or the story ends, so my choice is clear!  ;D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #256 on: January 20, 2013, 06:35:19 PM »
I may be a bit biased on the subject, but I think black (and orange!) work great on an eccentric, inventor girl! Plus, I bet that Loves the Heat trait is going to come in handy. After all, she's going to have her bum lit on fire at least a couple of times. Maybe that won't make her get a negative moodlet? I know Gwenyth, with her Daredevil trait, actually enjoyed being set on fire and would get a positive moodlet! Hehe!

Ooh!  I hadn't even considered that!  She actually rolled it randomly (not sure why, Eden was really happy through her pregnancy, but what're you gonna do).  Perhaps it will come in handy.  I did just realize I had considered putting Gwenyth hair on her when she ages up.  See, I was all programed by your story.  Now I have to come up with something more original ;)

Eureka is lovely. Her face looks extremely mature for her age. She looks very intelligent. The nursery is very nice too, if stark. It doesn't suit Eden at all, but I'm sure it will be perfect for Eureka. Eden's maternity wear was gorgeous! And I love that she had the baby in the greenhouse. I am loath to give her up for the next heir, but I suppose it's either that or the story ends, so my choice is clear!  ;D

I thought she looked much older than a toddler too!  I gave her the bald hair to try to make her look more babyish.  Though if it were up to Eden, she'd have had the cinnarolls and the little bridesmaid dress, all in pink and green.  Eunice keeps her in check :)

Eureka will indeed be very different from Eden, but hopefully just as entertaining.  Plus, Eden will always be back for the odd chapter here and there!  I promise.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: January 20, 2013, 08:05:29 PM »
Eureka is beautiful! Personally, I enjoy dressing sims in black when they're adults and teenagers, but pretty much ignore their favorite color if it's too somber for me during childhood  :).
Let me guess what her supermax is going to be . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: January 20, 2013, 08:09:19 PM »
Eureka is beautiful! Personally, I enjoy dressing sims in black when they're adults and teenagers, but pretty much ignore their favorite color if it's too somber for me during childhood  :).
Let me guess what her supermax is going to be . . .

Ha!  Well, Eden's favorite color is teal.  I've ignored that her whole life.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Little Daylight
« Reply #259 on: January 21, 2013, 12:16:46 AM »
This is really just a chapter of adorable Eureka pictures.  Deal with it.

Eureka is a little ray of sunshine in the house. 

I was worried, what with a little girl who loves the color black and all, but she is perfectly jolly and bright.  In fact, she's such a good little girl that she's already sat for her museum pieces.

Everyone in the house spends time with her.  We even have a lot of visitors who want to see our little princess.  There was one in particular I told to go back where she came from.  Doesn't she have two Classic children of her own?!

Eureka brings together the genes of everyone who's ever lived in this house.  From Carlotta and Ed to Ophelia, everyone contributed a bit to the making of this perfect little girl.

Even Eunice, who may not share any DNA with her, is her mother all the same.

They've been learning to talk together.

Sometimes Eunice can't stay home to work with Eureka, because she's begun doing renovations.  She had her first one this week, and got a tip almost as big as the commission fee!  It's because she's brilliant, you know.  Also, she's willing to stand in the rain.

Granny likes to teach Eureka the family history.  "Writing, art, logic, gardening, and you, my little one," she says.  "Can you say Granny Coralie?  How about Granny Mona Lisa?"

Mona Lisa herself has taken up walking as her task.  She says Eureka is so cute it hurts when she has a successful trip across the nursery floor.

She's also been helping Mom prepare for her grand championship chess match.

As far as potty goes, that one falls on me and Eunice.  We are the Mommies, after all.

I also deal with tantrums and bedtime.

Daddy is so happy to be a grandpa.  He is still a workaholic and at the office almost every second of his life, but he takes time to coo and cuddle Eureka when he can.  He says he'd rather do that than sleep at his age.

Freddie is shaping up to be a wonderful Daddy, even though we faced quite the town scandal when she was born.

I love how alike they can look at times.

On Love Day, I took Eunice to the festival and we danced for a few hours.  It's hard to steal away with a toddler at home, but we made it work.

Meanwhile, Mom was becoming an international chess champion phenomenon superhero.  She accomplished her lifetime wish!

Take that, consignment fairy!

Eureka, having learned all three of her toddler skills, was feasting from her royal throne.  Sampling the very best cuisine prepared by Granny Coralie.

When I put her to bed that night I told her how very proud I was of her for being such a smart girl.  I promised her we'd play dolls the next day as a reward.

And then I slipped a teddy I bought for her in the crib.  She immediately loved it.  She calls it "Cog."  Gran says it's spooky, but Eureka likes it, so there.

When she wakes up in the morning, she's always got it with her now, and refuses to leave the crib without it.  She's definitely a strong minded little thing.  There's some sort of cunning about her.  No, really.  I know she's quite small, but it's there.

I think we're all going to have great fun together in the immortal life to come.

Little Daylight is a fairy tale written by George MacDonald and included as a story within a story in At the Back of the North Wind, published in 1871.  It is similar to the Disney version of the Sleeping Beauty story.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Little Daylight
« Reply #260 on: January 21, 2013, 12:44:45 AM »
I loved this chapter! It didn't feel like filler to me at all. We're really getting to know their Little Daylight Eureka. I bet there was a big scandal, the townsfolk just can't handle that kind of love. I'm glad the updates are coming fast, it's very exciting!Congratulations to Rosetta! Eureka does look like Freddie, well it's not surprising. She really is a little genetic miracle, all those descendants form the house, how cool.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: January 21, 2013, 08:52:30 PM »

Ooh, I like the Cog bear. I didn't notice him before.

Well, if you want to use the "Gwenyth hair" it's not like I'm going to be jealous. It's a good hair style, but it makes sense to want to do something different. I have a feeling I'm going to like Eureka quite a lot. She really does have Freddie's eyes, I think.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #262 on: January 21, 2013, 11:31:20 PM »
I loved this chapter! It didn't feel like filler to me at all. We're really getting to know their Little Daylight Eureka. I bet there was a big scandal, the townsfolk just can't handle that kind of love. I'm glad the updates are coming fast, it's very exciting!Congratulations to Rosetta! Eureka does look like Freddie, well it's not surprising. She really is a little genetic miracle, all those descendants form the house, how cool.

She is!  I love looking at her and knowing that she's a piece of everyone who's lived in the house so far.  I even count Eunice, even though she's not a genetic mommy.  I thought I wouldn't like Freddie's totally black eyes on a little blonde girl, but I'm goo goo for her.

Ooh, I like the Cog bear. I didn't notice him before.

Well, if you want to use the "Gwenyth hair" it's not like I'm going to be jealous. It's a good hair style, but it makes sense to want to do something different. I have a feeling I'm going to like Eureka quite a lot. She really does have Freddie's eyes, I think.

Haha, we shall see.  I've got very specific hair planned for her child and teen years, but adult is a toss up.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Classic House
« Reply #263 on: January 21, 2013, 11:56:54 PM »
The Classic House:  A Short Story by Eunice Watkins Classic

Once upon a time, there lived a very special family.  There were grannies and mommies and daddies and grandpas, all living together to take care of a princess named Eureka.

Me, Mommy?

Shhh, darling.  No, this is a princess in a fairy story.

I know, Mommy.  I know.

It was a very important time for the special family.  In addition to Princess Eureka learning her toddler skills, her esteemed grandmother, the Queen Mother Rosetta was only a breath away from becoming immortal!  Her lifetime wish was done, her skill was mastered, and her portrait and sculpture were in the royal gallery.  All that was left was to become the leader of education in her kingdom and she would qualify to eat ambrosia.

Ambrosia means life?  Taste good?

Yes, darling, forever life.  I don't know how it tastes.

We eat some?

You will.  Some day.

The Little Princess, Eureka loved to play!  She had her own toy castle that she reigned over.

And would sometimes play house with the Queen, her mother.

Which mother, Mommy?  I play with both.

That's right, darling, but only Mommy Eden can play dolls.

Mommy Nini plays claw!

That's true.

Queen Eden was almost more of a playmate to the little princess than a Mommy sometimes, though she cared for the little princess like a good Mommy would.

Funny faces!

Yes, and the Queen would sometimes entirely forget herself and play cross-eyed staring contests with the baby princess.

So funny!

I'm sure it is, darling.

But something happened to the Queen one day!  Do you know what it was?  She ... got ... older!

Oh no!

Oh yes.  It happens to us all, my sweetling. 

I 'member.  Mommy said yay!

At first.

Then she had funny hair.

Yes.

The little princess stayed by, happily oblivious, while the once young and beautiful queen began to worry.

To stress.

To absolutely panic.

But Mommy looked the same!

Not to her eyes, darling.

Pooft.

Pooft indeed.

The Queen spent hours in a salon and spa, having volcanic clay baths and professionally styled hair, but still she worries.  Needlessly.

Other Queen still loves her!

That's right, angel.

Besides!  The Queen wasn't the only one with a birthday.

Ooh, me?

Not you, Eureka, the princess in the story.

Oh.  Yes, Mommy.  Hehe.

The Queen, after deciding the best way to immortalize her youth would be to get painted and sculpted in her lingerie, handled her museum pieces prior to the royal party.

The whole royal family gathered to see her blow out the candles.

The oldest queen doesn't much like birthdays, but she always shows up anyway.  She's happy even if you can't see it.

Hehe, Granny.

And then the little princess took a big, deep breath and BLEW out the candles!

The sparkles came and made her long and tall first.

And then girl shaped!  And do you know what trait she got?

No, Mommy, what?

Rebellious!

Oooh!

The little princess, now that she was a big princess, got a brand new bedroom designed by her super smart Mommy Nini.

And new clothes and hair too!

She was going to have a wonderful life!

But Mommy!  No!

What's no, sweetheart?

I'm still a baby.

Yes, but that's just because the game crashed in CAS

What Mommy?

Nothing, darling.  Your birthday is first thing tomorrow morning.  Now we're going to put you to sleep.  Good story?

Good story, Mommy.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Classic House
« Reply #264 on: January 22, 2013, 12:19:27 AM »

Aw, what a sweet update! Although I'm sure it's quite stressful to have the game keep crashing in the CAS. I've never heard of anyone having that problem before. The look on Eden's face when she gets older is just . . . just perfect. That slightly too-wide-eyed stare. Haha! You've certainly got a knack for capturing good expressions for story telling.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #265 on: January 22, 2013, 12:27:31 AM »
I love the close-ups of Eden's face!

And have I mentioned how epic it is that you made this whole Eden-Eunice Eden-Freddie affair work out? Do Eden and Freddie still flirt with each other? Say, I notice Freddie wasn't mentioned in the last chapter . . . FREDDIE, I MISS YOU!
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #266 on: January 22, 2013, 02:09:53 AM »
It's so creative how you use your game crashes in the storytelling. :)

I absolutely love these last couple of chapters. Eden, Eunice, Eureka and Freddie make an adorable little family.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: January 22, 2013, 12:19:44 PM »
Yes yes! I love that! And my game crashes from CAS incessantly, Rhoxi you are so lucky it hasn't happened to you. I always save before CAS because it could crash any time. I love how it was a story! And will she really be Rebellious? Ooooh! And her room is beautiful, and her clothes, yes. She looks like a monster baby in the castle. So cute how Eden crossed her eyes at Eureka, it looks like something she would do. She is still beautiful even if she is older.

By samoht04

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #268 on: January 22, 2013, 03:20:43 PM »
Aw, what a sweet update! Although I'm sure it's quite stressful to have the game keep crashing in the CAS. I've never heard of anyone having that problem before. The look on Eden's face when she gets older is just . . . just perfect. That slightly too-wide-eyed stare. Haha! You've certainly got a knack for capturing good expressions for story telling.

Yeah, it is very frustrating.  You're lucky you don't have that problem!  I actually was wondering how the Dojos are doing with glitchiness now that you're so far along?  Is it still smooth gameplay?  And thanks.  Eden gives me the best material, haha.

I love the close-ups of Eden's face!

And have I mentioned how epic it is that you made this whole Eden-Eunice Eden-Freddie affair work out? Do Eden and Freddie still flirt with each other? Say, I notice Freddie wasn't mentioned in the last chapter . . . FREDDIE, I MISS YOU!

Yes!  The flirting is minimal, actually, but they make a beeline for each other when he comes back from the races.  They love to talk about animals and are very close.  This is just for you, azokka.  Feel free to caption it:

It's so creative how you use your game crashes in the storytelling. :)

I absolutely love these last couple of chapters. Eden, Eunice, Eureka and Freddie make an adorable little family.

I love their little non-traditional love nest.  It's possible Eureka will have a bit of confusion about her friends' home lives when she starts school though.  And yeah, gotta make the best of the game crashes, haha.

Yes yes! I love that! And my game crashes from CAS incessantly, Rhoxi you are so lucky it hasn't happened to you. I always save before CAS because it could crash any time. I love how it was a story! And will she really be Rebellious? Ooooh! And her room is beautiful, and her clothes, yes. She looks like a monster baby in the castle. So cute how Eden crossed her eyes at Eureka, it looks like something she would do. She is still beautiful even if she is older.

Oh yes, I wanted her to be rebellious because everyone has been so well behaved so far.  (Also, I figure she'll have better luck exploding furniture with that trait).  I realized after she rolled black as a favorite color that it's kind of perfect!  I need to get her a motorcycle.  I agree, Eden is a gorgeous Sim, even if her traits are the beginnings of my Classic gene pool going toward townie.  I suspect that Eureka will look quite a lot like her in the face, as their child and toddler face shapes are so similar.

And yeah, that cross eyed thing happened for a good half hour in Sim time.  I decided Eden wanted it photographed.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #269 on: January 22, 2013, 05:46:59 PM »

Yes!  The flirting is minimal, actually, but they make a beeline for each other when he comes back from the races.  They love to talk about animals and are very close.  This is just for you, azokka.  Feel free to caption it:

Coralie: Hmmm, how would a mural of Freddie look on the ceiling . . .
Hiram: My goodness, Freddie has chiseled features!
Rosetta: Pardon me, Freddie, but my finger is jammed. Could you help me massage it?
Butler: Maybe if I play hard-to-get, Freddie will fall in love with me . . .
Freddie: Wow, this house is so fancy! We should sell the furniture and donate the money to the squirrels!
Everyone: YES!

So sorry, I couldn't resist!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty