Author Topic: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Orange Skies  (Read 419055 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 21, 2/15
« Reply #180 on: February 16, 2013, 10:21:46 AM »
Oh wow, I've missed so many great updates! As soon as I saw Nick in that hair I was like, "Jayjay!" The similarity is just crazy. Lolita Goth is such an unexpected choice! I didn't even know it was okay in the dynasty rules to resurrect ghosts! How cool! She is very pretty, and I'm glad you seemed to have worked out how to fix the weird ghost glitch issues. I can't wait to see the next generation. With so many good genes in this family, the baby is bound to be awesome!

You couldn't before because it would involve both Oh My Ghost! and Ambrosia, both of which are banned, but now that there are alternative methods, it's quite feasible.

So adorable this couple! I can't wait to see the nooboos! And I'm glad they could finally marry to save Lolita's honour.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #181 on: February 16, 2013, 10:59:08 AM »

...Ahem.....Multiple children usually means twins, unless there was more than one pregnancy. o-o
Or maybe they moved in a nooboo... Yeah, I think it's twins! ::) Twins are AWESOME!!!

Sorry, I think that's a typo! (Seriously--I'm not even trying to trick you this time!) I did try for twins, but it didn't happen.

You couldn't before because it would involve both Oh My Ghost! and Ambrosia, both of which are banned, but now that there are alternative methods, it's quite feasible.

So adorable this couple! I can't wait to see the nooboos! And I'm glad they could finally marry to save Lolita's honour.

The nooboo (there's only one) is very adorable, never fear. They could have just had a nooboo without being married, but I refuse to have a dynasty in which one of the couples wasn't married! For Narniaaaaaa . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #182 on: February 16, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
Chapter 22 - We're Havin' a Baby! My Baby and Me!

After Lolita left for home, I spent most of my time making nectar for the mean nectar cashier. I also bought quite a few bottles to bring home! And, of course, how would I know what nectar was the best unless I tasted it first . . .

I also ended up exploring a tomb under the museum, and excavated catacombs unopened by sims for a thousand years. Y'know, no biggie.

Not to mention restoring peace to a restless soul. Just something that I do every day . . .

I soon reached Visa 3, and purchased this nice little Pine House. We could have easily afforded something larger, but this house is just so small, and comfortable, and it really feels like a home. I know both my wife and mother will approve of all the flowers!

After installing a small studio in the attic, I spent hours hammering away at a block of stone. As usual, my muscles worked automatically, leaving my mind to drift around. And I suddenly realized that this was the most peace I'd had in a long time . . . it's so beautiful, and quiet, in France. This little house could easily be my home.

"Hi, 'Lita. Yeah, I bought a nice little vacation home--really? Has the doctor confirmed it? Does Mom know? Of course, I'll call the airport right away and catch the next flight! "

"Wait a minute, while I have you on the phone--how would you feel about living out here? No, there isn't a crib, but we can easily build a nursery. I hear the school is excellent--we could wait until they're older, so that Mom will see her grandchild. Just wait until you see the house, it's the friendliest little place! All right, see you in a few hours."

When I returned home, it seemed that almost nothing had changed. Except for the fact that Mom is now on speaking terms with Dad's ex-wife, Morgana. Apparently, they bonded over talking about how much I look like Dad!

Lolita and I spent much of the night "talking." No, we actually did get a little talking done this time! Her pregnancy hasn't been confirmed yet, and some nasty rumors about ghosts being unable to get pregnant are worrying her. We're also thinking about . . . moving out to France. After the baby (if there is a baby) is born, of course, and we'll wait for him or her to get a little older before traveling. I'm almost completely certain, but I'm not sure how Mom will react.

'Lita's been having morning sickness, which Mom says is a sure sign of pregnancy. However, even she admits that it could just be the food that ghosts make and then leave out all night.

My wife refuses to let her hopes get too high, and spends most of her time perfecting her guitar the park. She's already doing quite well at guitar, and is close to a promotion in her career.

Kaylynn and I have fallen back into our routine in the art studio-painting and sculpting away! We both spare time for Lolita and Michael respectively, but while my primary focus is Lolita, Kaylynn's is her art.

Upon aging to an adult, Silver's coat shifted to match her name. I suppose Mom was right about the name this time!

Then came the night that Lolita entered the gate in maternity clothes she'd picked up at the last moment. She . . . is . . . pregnant! Definitely! Isnt it wonderful? Both of us are jubilant.

On Mom's advice, she ran by the grocery store and picked up a few dozen watermelons.

Of course, I didn't know until several hours later! We had just climbed out of the shower . . .

Unlike most fathers, I was incredibly excited. Like most mothers, so was Lolita.

We went out on a date to the bistro and talked about everything we would do for the baby--toys, school--our baby might even go to the university everyone's talking about! I didn't attend because I was busy getting married and starting a family, but our baby will have no such restrictions.

Mom watched us go, thinking fondly of another date like this one, over 50 years ago . . .

We visited the library and raced at reading pregnancy books.

Lolita won, of course, and celebrated by playing "We Are the Champions" on her guitar. In the middle of a library. Surprisingly, there were no complaints.

I treated her to the most expensive relaxation package at the spa, knowing that my wife shall receive only the best! She was in the spa until 4 in the morning, which gave me ample time for my own task.

"Mom? Lolita and I are thinking about moving into our vacation home in France . . . permanently. We could both really pursue our passions, and our child will become and artist, or writer, or whatever she wants to! What do you think?"

I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 22, 2/16
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:05 AM »

Yay for an upcoming nooboo! I see from the watermelon it looks like you're going for a girl. Don't suppose you're going girl-boy-girl-boy, etc? Just a thought. Hm, looks like it's time for somebody to learn all about the idea of an immortal dynasty.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #184 on: February 17, 2013, 01:12:44 AM »
Yay for an upcoming nooboo! I see from the watermelon it looks like you're going for a girl. Don't suppose you're going girl-boy-girl-boy, etc? Just a thought. Hm, looks like it's time for somebody to learn all about the idea of an immortal dynasty.

I have no clear layout for gender, but I do want more girls just because girls are way more fun to dress and play! Nick was a boy because I really wanted to use Lolita, otherwise he would probably have been a girl.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #185 on: February 17, 2013, 01:39:38 PM »
Chapter 23 - The Third Generation

Instead of answering, Mom started muttering under her breath about "Thornton" and "The Watcher" and something about fruit. Finally, she said, "Nick, you know that with your father gone I need you more than ever, now."

"You have your job, and your friends, and Kaylynn and Alexander will still be here with you! Trust me, you won't even notice I'm gone."

"Nicholas Elysi, you aren't allowed to leave. Do you even understand that? The Watcher won't let you, and if you try, the consequences will be bad. We can't be harmed directly, but something might happen to Kaylynn, or Alex--or Lolita. Do you want that on your conscience?"

At this point, I was seriously confused. Had she gone Jacoban or something? "Mom, I think you should lie down. You seem a little . . . kooky."

"Nicholas, I don't think I ever told you . . . we're part of an Immortal Dynasty. You, me, and the next 6 generations are going to live forever."

"You think you're so important, so special! Of course we're not part of an Immortal Dynasty--that only happens to important people, like the Dreamweavers, or the Mans. We're just a family living in Sunset Valley! There's nothing important or special about us!"

Now, despite my tirade, she was surprisingly calm, and I felt a sudden rush of guilt for shouting at my elderly mother. "Nick, I'm sorry I got so angry. But I wasn't lying when I said that we are Immortal."

Mom stepped forward and hugged me like I was a little boy again, as I tried to process her words. "I need to show you something . . . something that might change your mind." She checked her watch. "Oops, I'm late for work--wait for me tomorrow, don't go anywhere."

The next morning, I sat down to write Thank-You Notes for the wedding presents. My mind was trying to wrap itself around Mom's words. "I wasn't lying when I said we are Immortal . . . we are Immortal . . . we are Immortal . . ."

My pen slashed a line across the paper in surprise when my phone rang. Pulling it out, I quickly snapped it open. "Hey, 'Lita. Did you have a good time at the spa? That's wonderful! Yeah, I talked to her . . . I'll tell you about it later. 'Kay, bye."

Mom entered the room, followed by Zelda's ghost. "Nicholas? It's time."

I followed her into the building out back that I assumed led into the basement. I'd always pictured the inside of this little shack to be wooden, cobwebby, dripping with water. Instead, marble covered the floor and the walls were painted with columns. For the first time, I started to believe.

Then, she took me down into the Hall of Memory. Kaylynn, Agnes, Alex, Zelda . . . all of them were here. Their pictures, statues, achievements--all in this long, long room, that stretched as far as I could see.

At the place where light gave way to darkness, she stopped and told me a story. The story, of her journey to Sunset Valley, to success, to Immortality. I could hardly believe it--I certainly didn't want to believe it.

I decided, then and there, to sabotage this plan by not eating the Ambrosia. I simply wouldn't fulfill any of the requirements! Never mind that I received my Sculptor's Medal and reached the top of my career moments after my chat with Mom . . .

I refuse to leave Lolita to die, anyway. Lolita, who is always smiling . . . who drops loose change on the ground for townie children to find . . . who goes out and plays guitar with total strangers . . .

. . . who went into labor in front of the theater . . . Who went into labor in front of the theater?!

Like a true Elysi woman, she climbed into her sports car and drove home, only smashing into a few civilians and/or lamp posts.

I mean, Mom and Dad made it work, but . . . they no longer distinguish between life and death any more, so it isn't exactly surprising.

Oh, right--Lolita's giving birth! For some reason, instead of coming into the house she chose to walk out to the backyard.

Even in the very moment of birth, she was the most beautiful woman I've ever seen in my life.

And, in her arms, she held the most precious, beautiful, adorable, wonderful, fantastic, perfect little baby girl Sunset Valley has ever seen. I knew right away that my darling daughter would look just like my wife, and the thought gave me infinite joy.

Welcome to the family, Bree Elysi.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 23, 2/17
« Reply #186 on: February 17, 2013, 01:56:15 PM »
That was beautiful. :)

I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that you were destined to immortality, and as such were cursed to see the people you love age and die while you lived on. Poor Nick...he has so much to work through.

In the meantime, a warm welcome to Bree! Given who her parents are she is bound to be simply adorable!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #187 on: February 18, 2013, 12:17:35 AM »
That was beautiful. :)

I can't imagine what it would feel like to know that you were destined to immortality, and as such were cursed to see the people you love age and die while you lived on. Poor Nick...he has so much to work through.

In the meantime, a warm welcome to Bree! Given who her parents are she is bound to be simply adorable!

Poor Nick . . . I guess this is how Edward Cullen must feel. Okay, bad comparison. Note to self: Create a vampire Nick . . .

No need to worry, she is very cute! A true heir to the Elysi Dynasty!

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #188 on: February 18, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Yay!  Welcome Bree.  Can't wait to see how pretty you are.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #189 on: February 18, 2013, 01:18:42 PM »
Chapter 24 - It Flies By

Bree's birth reminded Kaylynn that she still had no child. Knowing that she herself would not live long, she gave up pregnancy for the dynasty and adopted an already-grown child to continue the painting and sculpting. A male child. I had a little talk with Mom about this.

"Brandon had better stay away from my daughter!"

"Nicholas, I think you're overreacting a little. It's not like--"

"Did you see the orange little monster making goo-goo eyes at my daughter?"

"Don't be silly, dear! Although it would be pretty cute--Bree and Brandon, Brandon and Bree--"

"NO!"

Mom discovered that Brandon's favorite color is blue and took a shine to him immediately. She even helped him organize his wardrobe!

He seemed a little unhappy about his weight, so she also fixed up a batch of Lean and Mean elixirs for him!

The situation really reminds us all of Alex. Still, I'm sure it'll turn out differently this time around. For one thing, Kaylynn spends lots of time with her son, helping him with homework and tutoring him.

I'm sure you're all wondering about our little girl. Well, between the mother and grandmother, I'm finding it difficult to spend time with her!

The upside of Mom's obsession with her granddaughter is that I get to spend more time with Lolita. Sometimes we visit the park and jam together, and attract quite a crowd! We even formed a band called L + N = Rock.

I also received the skin of a bronzed god . . .

. . . which Lolita was very appreciative of.

The other night, a zombie passed away and my dad showed up to mourn him. There has to be some irony in that . . .

At the moment, Lolita and I are a little to involved in life to start thinking about death. After all, we're both young adults, rich, successful, in love . . . what could go wrong?

Zeus died last night, and Dad also went to his funeral. Are we seeing a pattern here?

As usual, Lolita lights up my world. She's always so happy, so bright, so full of life . . .

She even jams with Agnes outside the nursery while Bree is asleep.

It's hard to believe that infanthood flew by so fast, and now my little girl is becoming a toddler. 'Lita held her daughter at the cake.

Isn't she a beauty? With 'Lita's hair, my eyes . . . or maybe I should say Mom's eyes, that have been passed down three generations. I'm going to need to get a real security system . . . or a baseball bat . . .

Awww . . . toddler cuteness!

I started teaching her to talk while Kaylynn worked on her portrait, outside. I included all the important principles of life--like how she must reproduce asexually.

Lolita insisted on taking her inside after a few close calls with lightning. It makes me happy and sad all at the same time to see my two girls together--happy, because Bree and I will live forever together, and sad because Lolita . . . won't.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: Elysi Immortal Dynasty - Chapter 24, 2/18
« Reply #190 on: February 18, 2013, 02:12:23 PM »
In game, Bree is currently a teenager in China with Lolita and Brandon. She's almost done supermaxing martial arts, and has already mastered it.

However, I am once again experiencing the glitch where she can't come home from China! You'd think I'd know better by now, since I lost 2 dynasties because of the same glitch already . . . sigh. Anyway, I'm going to go through and try to recover a previous unaffected save, but just know that it may or may not continue.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #191 on: February 18, 2013, 02:31:04 PM »
My gosh, seriously? This is crazy! You've juts been hit with disaster after disaster with these China trips. Here's hoping that you can recover from a previous save!

Anna33

« Reply #192 on: February 18, 2013, 02:35:58 PM »
China again! :) I hope you can fix it.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #193 on: February 18, 2013, 02:43:13 PM »
Maybe if you must start again, you make three test copies and travel to the different destinations, and see if you're able to come home afterwards. If not, you can just stay away from traveling. It's not like it's the end of the world, and it might just be easier

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #194 on: February 18, 2013, 03:17:40 PM »
Status update:

I attempted to return to a previous save, and it was bugged. My only not affected save is one that I had right at the beginning, when Serena had just landed in Sunset Valley. I'd really prefer to not go back that far, since the first four generations of an Immortal Dynasty are now deja vu to me because of all the bugs I had in all my attempts that made me start over . . .

As for the travel, I did travel to both China and France previously (with a million pre-saves just in case it glitched) with no problems, so I guess the game was just making sure that it caught me unguarded! It's the Keyes all over again . . . and the Rens . . . and the Wyns . . . do you know how hard it's becoming to come up with good dynasty names? Anyway, I really don't feel like doing an Immortal Dynasty restart . . . maybe I'll try a Life State, or something. Or throw the computer into shark-infested waters and watch it sink.

I'm starting to really hate China! (Note: This opinion does not apply to actual China, which I'm sure is a very nice place.)

Thanks to everyone who commented, or just read. It really means a lot.

Elysi Immortal Dynasty