Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65048 times)

Online Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14
« on: March 17, 2013, 03:17:44 PM »
Confused? Mortified? A message from 2019...

I guess I'm having a decent feeling about this dynasty attempt, so let's do this for the nth time.

General Notes:

- The family trait is...Neurotic. It's always a fun trait for me.

- Original townie spouses whenever possible, including original ghosts, foreigners, Uni students, and aliens in an emergency. You should know that I don't settle for less at this point.

- If someone who's clearly an original townie descendent appears, they exist because of my efforts and my efforts alone. Only put here so people don't get their hopes up and think that story progression is fixed and giving townies children. Believe me, I wish. :(

- Immortals can't use elixirs or social networking apps to make friends. Charisma is allowed, but they actually have to socialize to make friends.

- Not Unique LTRs: Observant, Never Dull, Multitasker, Entrepreneurial Mindset, Food Replicator, Legendary Host, Steel Bladder. This list is just for my own reference.

- Credits to a band called Tarot and their song "Iron Stars" for giving me a surname to use, no matter how ridiculous it sounds.

My dynasty notes are getting predictable at this point. Bleh.

---

Hey guys, are massive spoilers your sort of thing? If they are, come and check out the constantly-updated Ironstar family tree! Here you'll find the names of all the immortals so far in my game, as well as their spouses, and just how extensive my original townie breeding project ended up. (Note: I don't list anyone as dead in the family tree even when they die. More of a personal preference)

---

The Ironstars (Here be major spoilers)

Generation One: Vega Ironstar
Traits: Grumpy, Neurotic, Green Thumb, Perceptive, Charismatic + Workaholic (Nerd)
Spouse: Wei Keane
Supermax: Alchemy
Other Maxes: Gardening, Charisma, Athletic
LTW: Alchemy Artisan
Career: Alchemist (self-employed) + a stint as a Private Investigator + Fortune Teller (Mystic)
Ops: A Nice Harvest, The Case of the Footsore Floater, Hacked!, The Case of the Hacked Off Client, Excellent Veggies, The Case of the Backwashed Toothbrush
Building: Gypsy Wagon
Property: Ironstar Memorial Park (TM) (previously Willowglen Ampitheatre)
LTRs: Super Green Thumb, Philosopher's Stone, Collection Helper
Best Friends: Rich Whelohff (vampire), Nick Knack (vampire), Shark Racket, Sinbad Rotter, Julienne Knack, Oliver Greenwood (somehow long-lived, but still human)
Museum Pieces: YA Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Adult Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Elder Portrait/Sculpture/Photo
Immortal at 75 Days

Generation Two: Screwtape Ironstar
Traits: Easily Impressed, Virtuoso, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Natural Cook + Genius (Rebel)
Spouse: Clarissa Jones-Brown (daughter of Jenni and Goodwin Goode)
Supermax: Street Art
Other Maxes: Charisma, Photography, Cooking, Athletic, Guitar
LTW: The Culinary Librarian
Career: Culinary
Ops: Nice!, Commissioned Street Art, Falafel Portfolio, Just Business, French Photos, The Dish Showdown
Building: Brunton's Boxcar Diner
Property: River Junction Beach Park
LTRs: No Bills Ever, Fireproof Homestead, Motive Mobile (previous motive mobiles were bought by mortals)
Best Friends: Bethany Jones-Brown (sister-in-law), Sheila Drudge, Clarissa Jones-Brown, Sofia Carlton (ex-fairy), Angelique Jones-Brown (sister-in-law), Che Justice
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait/Sculpture, Child Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Teen Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Young Adult Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Adult Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Elder Portrait/Sculpture/Photo
Immortal at 74 Days

Generation Three: Samhain Ironstar
Traits: Neurotic, Disciplined, Neat, Brooding, Flirty + Dramatic (Nerd)
Spouse: Rebecca Knack (daughter of Julienne and Harwood Clay)
Supermax: Martial Arts
Other Maxes: Athletic, Charisma
LTW: Physical Perfection
Career: Magician + Professional Sports
Ops: At the Health Seminar, Showtime at the Park, Try the Tourney, Desert Air...Good?, The Ultimate Challenge, Push It!
Building: Bachelor Stadium
Property: Twinbrook Community Swim Center
LTRs: Speedy Cleaner, Body Sculptor, Moodlet Manager (previous moodlet managers were bought by mortals)
Best Friends: Anderson Greenwood (BFF), Bobbie Whelohff, Sheena Whelohff, Ted Prudence, Fred Beverly, Dane Racket, Bernard Carlton
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait/Photo/Sculpture, Child Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Teen Portrait/Sculpture, YA Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Adult Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Elder Portrait/Sculpture/Photo
Immortal at 74 Days

Generation Four: Alhena Ironstar
Traits: Neurotic, Eccentric, Perfectionist, Inappropriate, Savvy Sculptor + Hopeless Romantic (Nerd)
Spouse:
Supermax: Inventing
Other Maxes: Painting, Sculpting, Handiness
LTW: Descendent of da Vinci
Career: Self-employed Inventor
Ops: The Research Project, Try the Traps, The Study of Art
Building: Sharma Day Spa
Property: Elkhorn Fishing Hole
LTRs: Suave Seller, Artisan Crafter
Best Friends: Maurice Dubois (half-uncle), Dommethilde Bion, Brittney Durand
Museum Pieces: Toddler Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Child Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, Teen Portrait/Sculpture/Photo, YA Portrait/Sculpture/Photo

Generation Five: H. Ironstar
Traits: Neurotic, Loner
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Against Orders (3/17)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 03:20:08 PM »

“Don't do this to me,” said Lord Byron Basalta-Marx (otherwise known as Lord B) to his favorite niece, “These missions are meant only for the obstinate, not my own family.”

Vega Ironstar wasn't swayed. She did all her research and still decided that this new path was right for her, her uncle's requests be darned.

It was simple to step into the new world. “Ooh, I can smell the swamp gas already!” said Vega, her voice trailing off as she found herself in a new world.

Lord B was distraught, but there was little he could do after that. Perhaps she was thoroughly warned about the implications of embarking on such a journey. After all, it was B's job to assign his subordinates on such missions, though he never did it with good intents, and he made that known to his family. Still, how could his niece do such a thing with gleeful stride?

Was it Elsa, one of the watchers? She was at least as malevolent as B with those missions, but she had a way of making anything sound appealing by way of clever omissions. “Yes, the little devil's going to Appaloosa Plains to live forever” had a nice ring to it without the mentions of the fate of the failed.

Was it the long days in the official archives of The Void? Maybe the books about art scenes in Simnation and the exploits of former dynasties got to her head in the wrong way; inspiration as opposed to fear.

For once, he hoped that someone on the mission didn't fail.

Vega was off to Twinbrook to start an immortal dynasty. Her parents were in tears, her friends were wrought with anger, and her uncle was too conflicted to want to do anything after she was gone.

As for Vega, she had her own worries, but she was in Twinbrook and ready to do a dynasty off-the-grid, whether she regretted it or not.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: First Friends (3/17)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

Vega quickly gathered herself; she had a sense of where to go for help.

Finding his name in a book about sculpting was easy: she went to the index and found out about Twinbrook's small contributions to the sculpting scene. Unfortunately for her, most of Twinbrook's best sculptors were long dead, but the best among them had a chance of still being around for her. She did the math, and if still alive, he would be 74. And Vega was set on him being her dynasty sculptor. A trip to City Hall revealed that he was indeed still alive.

It was him: Harwood Clay, a man destined to be a great sculptor on his name alone, and he was in his younger days. As Vega walked up the driveway, Harwood instead called a taxi. He probably knew what a strange, chrome-colored woman wanted from him and he thought it would be best to distance himself from her plans.

Vega was determined to grab his talent. She called a taxi and mercilessly followed Harwood to a rather esoteric lot: Aleister's Elixirs and Sundries.

“Hey, do you have any jars of friendship in stock? I'm new and need some friends.”

“We just opened, just so you know. Everything's on back-order from Moonlight Falls,” said the cashier.

It looked like she had to befriend him in a more conventional way. Harwood was hoping that he could just slip away and leave Vega to find someone else.

Unfortunately for Harwood, Vega turned out to be far more charming than he expected. Even when she spoke about vast conspiracies to ruin the names of some of the biggest families back where she was from, it sounded so interesting.

“Oh, but those are just some weird thoughts in my head. I hate living alone,” said Vega, “I have a few family heirlooms that will make us rich anyways. Like, way better than living on the lake. What do you say?”

“I guess there's nothing else for me to do,” said Harwood with a sigh. At least the two ended up having their intelligence and charisma in common, and hopefully that would ease the pain of a lifetime of sculpting.

Even more unfortunate for the both of them, Harwood was not an ice sculptor by trade. He got a little disheartened by the prospect of a creation melting in a few days and tried to ignore the medium as much as possible. But Vega insisted that she be sculpted in ice because of how brilliant it looked under a light. Harwood had to suck it up due to Vega's stubbornness and insistence that non-melting ice was a new development, but he quickly proved to have a special touch with ice sculpting. He got quite a bit of money for his first one.

Vega didn't want to be alone, especially with Harwood's time being so limited, but there were some issues with making friends. Renee left her cold.

Renee's ex-husband, Lenny, was quite friendly, but his fear of commitment immediately sent Vega across the street.

Amy was very sweet, and a painter by trade, but her enthusiasm and forgetfulness completely appalled Vega more than bad bedsprings and missing portraits.

At the Red Rendevouz, Vega met someone a little different. Eva Drudge was older, married, and usually reclusive except when her husband begged for some social time. However, she loved to paint and would do anything so she could quit her job at the bookstore and find some time to paint and write.

Vega sensed that Eva would make an excellent friend.

---

Notes:

- I might have failed to mention that Harwood ended up with 130,000 LTHP with the Claviculas, after living with them for a mere twelve days. I can't pass that advantage up.

- Eva is great as a dynasty artist because she doesn't get stir-crazy and has a painting-related LTW anyways. Which I changed to Swimming in Cash, but oh well. And she was still young enough to provide me with a young art slave.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
Good luck with the new attempt Trip!   I love Vega's look.  I should just start having you make Sims for me to put in the house with Artie.   Is her hair CC or have I just not seen it yet?

Welcome to Harwood and Eva.   It's always nice reading your stories because I get to meet people I've never met before.   
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2013, 05:13:30 PM »
Good luck with the new attempt Trip!   I love Vega's look.  I should just start having you make Sims for me to put in the house with Artie.   Is her hair CC or have I just not seen it yet?

Welcome to Harwood and Eva.   It's always nice reading your stories because I get to meet people I've never met before.

Her hair is CC. I had fun making her!

It was certainly interesting using Eva (and still using her; she's at 92 in my game and I either want her to die and free up space or live four more days to get Vega's elder pieces), considering that I usually don't have female helpers.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 05:31:10 PM »
Yaaay, more Trippy shenanigains^^

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 11:48:12 PM »
Welcome back, mate  ;D! I've been eagerly checking the Dynasty index for a story from you for a while now. Vega is gorgeous, and I can already see the blue-haired Twinbrook townie offspring in my mind's eye...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 01:44:38 AM »
I love Vega's unique look. When I saw mention that you posted your story why I just had to hightail it over here and check it out! Best of luck to you!

By samoht04

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Awkward First Moves (3/17)
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »
Yaaay, more Trippy shenanigains^^

I can't help but always get involved in shenanigans, can I? Thanks!

Welcome back, mate  ;D! I've been eagerly checking the Dynasty index for a story from you for a while now. Vega is gorgeous, and I can already see the blue-haired Twinbrook townie offspring in my mind's eye...

Aww, thanks! And just when you post an update to your town jump too. At the moment in my game (I'm pretty far ahead), there are a few blue-haired kids running around town, though I'm still figuring out what to do with them.

I love Vega's unique look. When I saw mention that you posted your story why I just had to hightail it over here and check it out! Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

---

The next day, Vega caught up with Eva at her house in the swamp. She let her hair down and cheerfully agreed to join the household. It would be odd living away from her Shamus, but his hours at the hospital kept him away from home most of the day anyways. In fact, it wouldn't be much different at all.

Eva and Harwood were both rather poor. Even after pawning Eva's bicycle and Harwood's guitar, Vega was confined to studying alchemy on an unfinished porch. However, she loved the craft and it was well-worth the pitiful surroundings.

If only she could unlock that family secret to wealth. It was something with gold and a salamander.

In the mean time, Vega and Renee actually became good friends. It turned out that Renee had an adult daughter and a new granddaughter.

“Goodness, I better have a boy,” said Vega with a chuckle.

“Believe me, he'll have plenty to chose from,” said Renee, “I turn my back for one second and that Goode boy gives Jen triplets!”

“Triplets?” Vega definitely needed to have a boy now. She forgot about wealth; who could she fall in love with so she could get her coveted son?

As the triplets grew older and into squirming little bundles of cuteness that Vega could play with, thoughts about starting a family entered Vega's mind. She still had time, but there had to have been plenty of single men around Twinbrook she could choose from. After all, she needed to make that step before nooboos could be in the picture. That warranted a trip to the coffee shop on the edge of town in hopes of finding a nice man who appreciated a good brew.

Maybe it was bad timing, but Vega found herself sipping chamomile tea between barista Betty Wills and the young Bunny Curious. Neither would make a good spouse for her.

How could she be so stupid? She was ready to call it a night.

That was until she caught someone in the back. She didn't even say hello to him, but something seemed so appealing. He was older than her, but not by too much. He seemed intellectual, hard-working, ambitious, though perhaps a bit high-strung.

Vega was an expert on following sims by now. Another taxi followed the man in his van, up to Rue de Sterling.

Her timing was awful. She ended up having to wake him up at 2 AM.

Wei Keane tried to smile at her, but he was rather annoyed at a stranger coming in at 2 AM. His roommates knew nothing about her, and as nice as Vega was, he wasn't too impressed at first.

“So, sleepover?” asked Vega.

She slept on the porch that night.

---

Okay, let me explain how Jenni got triplets.

Those who followed the Claviculas might have noticed one mention of Jenni having twins. If you didn't, well, she had twins in that dynasty and I was stumped for a while as to why. Then I realized that she was in the laundromat while the stereo was turned to the Kids station (when I sent my own sims there, that's what it was turned to by default). This time around, Vega ran into Jenni at the Elixir Shop, which also has a stereo. I turned it to Kids, let the two of them dance to it, and hoped that Jenni would have twins.

Looks like she got more than she (and I) bargained for! The triplets are all neurotic, which makes them easy family friends.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2013, 02:09:59 PM »
YAY! I hadn't realized that you started a new dynasty.
Hope this one will be the one to get it done!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 05:03:26 PM »
Hurray for getting Goode genes into the family!

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »
You always have the most interesting founders. I think that's part of why I like your stories so much. :)

Yay for pulling in Eva! I started playing the Drudge family not too long ago and just love her.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
YAY! I hadn't realized that you started a new dynasty.
Hope this one will be the one to get it done!

I'm hoping so too, just because everything seems to be working out so well this time. Thanks!

Hurray for getting Goode genes into the family!

Generation two still has time to change his mind, but yeah, he'll probably end up with one of Goodwin's daughters. There are five other original townie girls around his age and one about two weeks younger (more on that later; yes, they're all my own doing), but I like my immortals to marry older spouses and the pickings of older spouses are a little more slim.

You always have the most interesting founders. I think that's part of why I like your stories so much. :)

Yay for pulling in Eva! I started playing the Drudge family not too long ago and just love her.

Thanks! And I love Eva too. After seeing her grow old and childless in all my other dynasty attempts, I needed to bring her in.

Online Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Couple Couples (3/19)
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 01:18:18 PM »

To say that Vega was persistent is stating the obvious. She begged Wei to have her over for dinner, though their plates of salad mostly accomplished telling Vega why he was so thin.

However, she cornered him in the kitchen, telling Wei about how she reached level seven as a self-employed Alchemist. He always enjoyed hearing about someone who worked anywhere close to as hard as he did.

As for Vega's conspiracies, it came as a pleasant surprise to him. Wei was rather pleased to see that someone agreed with him that maybe Dr. Curious had knowledge of extraterrestrials that he was hiding from the public.

Perhaps the friendship worked out after all.

The household made a bit of money off Harwood's sculpting and Eva's painting, but the three were living in little more than a shell. Eva hoped for a bit of a reprieve after drinking one of the skill boosters that Vega bought. She felt ready to paint a portrait.

But most of all, she missed Shamus. They weren't the closest couple even when living together, but Eva's new home with Vega separated them even further. Now that the brunt of her duties were done, Eva wanted to rekindle their romance.

Perhaps she wasn't the most romantic person, but Eva had trouble rejecting some flowers from her husband.

In fact, she forgot how nice it was to be close with him again. She married Shamus, after all, and with everything considered, he was the best person she knew.

The bedroom was unfinished, and the unpainted walls appalled the both of them, but Eva had some ideas.

“I know it sounds odd coming from me, but how about a little present?” she asked him.

“And we still never did this back home.”

For Eva, she had slightly different ideas from Shamus. Or they were the same. The two of them were getting older, and she always wanted a family. While it was quite late, and the two of them would likely be mistaken for the little Drudge's grandparents, Eva felt that it was the right time for a nooboo. Vega wouldn't mind at all.

“Please be in there,” Eva grumbled a touch after it was all over.

Though she developed some very disturbing habits soon after. It was a shame that the family couldn't afford a shower.

Vega gave Wei another call. She heard that he had a rather nice car that she could pawn so they could afford a shower, and maybe wallpaper too.

It was a dinner date, at the diner because the household was still too poor to eat at the Bistro. Vega set it up on the pretense of it being a friendly outing, but the both of them knew that she had something else in mind.

“It's so nice to have a friend like you,” said Vega as she drew in Wei for a hug.

“Let's not kid ourselves-”

“Fine then. Wanna hear my life story?”

Thankfully for Vega, Wei also liked a bit of stargazing. “See that star up there? I was named for that," she said. It was one of the brightest stars in the sky, after all.

And by sunrise, her charms about stargazing and names worked. Vega was no longer single.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Couple Couples (3/19)
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 02:42:12 PM »
That was such a touching chapter. :) Yay for Vega and Wei--and double yay for Eva and Shamus and (hopefully) a new little Drudge-boo on the way.