Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65748 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Happy Little Boy (3/23)
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2013, 02:05:36 PM »
Poor Nick must be beside himself, seeing as how his grandchild's father is older than HE is. :P

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2013, 03:56:27 PM »
Something may be wrong with me, but I always find the potty training photos just unbelievably adorable.  No exceptions here.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2013, 10:07:20 PM »
Screwtape is adorable! Wow, so cute.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2013, 11:02:58 PM »
Poor Nick must be beside himself, seeing as how his grandchild's father is older than HE is. :P

Yeah, the Knacks are a very interesting family in my game. What I found even more hilarious was that Nick and Harwood got along just fine after they got a chance to carry on a conversation. Perhaps Nick just gave in after a while. He wouldn't have gotten his many, many (I'll reveal actual numbers later, but the Knacks are a big happy family in the most literal sense) grandchildren without Harwood, after all. And the forever young vampire-Nick adores his grandkids.

Something may be wrong with me, but I always find the potty training photos just unbelievably adorable.  No exceptions here.

I'm glad someone thinks the same way. :D

Screwtape is adorable! Wow, so cute.

I was beside myself when he aged up so cute, but I'm sad to say that it didn't quite last. Not that Screwtape is ugly when he grows up, but it took me a long time to accept the fact that he got Wei's godawful brows and that I have to live with that.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2013, 03:35:46 AM »
As in eyebrows? 'Cause those can be changed, you know.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Man She Barely Knew (3/24)
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2013, 08:12:12 AM »
As in eyebrows? 'Cause those can be changed, you know.

It's the position of his eyebrows that's bad, and that's genetic.

---

Screwtape was still young, but Vega already had lofty goals for him. She threw a party and muttered about those lovely Jones-Brown girls that recently celebrated their 14th birthdays.

Angelique, Bethany, and Clarissa were all there. Vega was impressed; she saw them grow up, and they turned out so well. Her fingers were crossed for one of them to be Screwtape's bride.

However, the most important part was Sheila's birthday party. She didn't get the attention that Screwtape got, and Vega tried to keep the thought of Sheila's inevitable death out of her head while the girl was so young. Eva, though always in the art studio, still loved Sheila and felt torn about her angel growing up. Hopefully she'd still keep that adorable little smile.

Sheila blew out the candles, though the party started to dissipate. Most of the guests left, and even the housemates were busy with caring for Screwtape, reading at the library, or in Harwood's case, going through the red tape at City Hall after learning that Julienne named their third daughter Chiquita.

With a new world of opportunity opened up for Sheila, she decided that it was time to paint at the fire station. Or Vega decided that for her; after all, Eva wasn't getting any younger.

Vega wasn't getting younger either, and she gave Wei some of her invigorating elixirs and gave him instructions on catching special fish late at night. At the cemetery. Wei was wise and mature, so could a mere cemetery scare him?

The answer was yes. Something about old age did that to a man.

Screwtape's toddler days were coming to an end, and the household would be spared from his tiny set of lungs.

Though he was still crawling, which Vega had to rectify in the best way she could: tell Harwood to stop hanging out with Julienne and their three or four daughters all day and get Screwtape on his feet.

Her little boy was a fast learner, and was soon steady on his tiny feet. It made Vega so happy to see him chattering away with the adults of the house, or taking his wobbly steps through the halls. It was just the perfect age.

Unlike poor Nick, Vega was going to miss having a toddler. It marked plenty of bad things, mostly the passage of time and one very big failure.

---

They call them ops for short. They are small tasks that each immortal must do to prove their proficiency in a skill. Vega hoped that someone in Twinbrook would ask her for five elixirs, or even for a handful of mandrake roots, but nobody wanted either. She had to do six such tasks before she could become immortal, and it seemed hopeless enough for her to beg a man she barely knew for advice.

“Isn't it awful when you have no ops?” she said to Marc Brandt with her usual grumble. All she knew about him was that he could paint, and for Vega, that indicated that knew something about dynasties that no one else did.

“When you have no what? I don't know who you are, and since I live across from Officer Goode-”

“Please Marc, what can I do to prove myself?” The desperation was clear in her voice.

“Wait, weren't you the amateur psychic at Summerfest last year?” Marc asked.

“I was the only one.”

He glanced off to the side, his form of apology. “Thanks for the advice about quitting the military. Best decision I ever made. Your foresight might be useful, so why even worry?”

“I just feel time slipping away.” But there was a solution under her nose. Perception, premonition, intuition; Vega had all those things, far more than the average plebe.

Officer Sargeant immediately accepted Vega's application for a private investigator. It wasn't a job that held the most appeal for Vega, but she had to accept it. Being a PI was her only chance if she wanted to be immortal.

It all became more real as she watched her little Screwtape grow up.

---

Vega didn't get as many gardening ops as I hoped.

As for Marc, it's not like it's a huge plot point that will leave you on the edge of your seat (well, that's not what I intended); I cobbled together a story out of screenshots that happened to include Mr. Highly Desirable Twinbrook Painter.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
Hahaha... Jones-Brown girls is turned to be an interesting (creatures)... :P

I have my little hope for Sheila. Who know, maybe she's will be Screwtape's :P

Screwtape as toddler is adorable, I'm kinda curious where he get that kind of teeth? It's genetic thing? This is kinda new for me.
Nice update, Trip. Looking forward for your next post ;D
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2013, 02:01:00 PM »

I vote for this one. She's the scariest. ;D
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2013, 09:27:10 PM »

That third Jones-Browns girl looks like she really, really needs to eat a big steak dinner. It really is such a shame when sims die from hunger, what with food from the fridge being endless and free.  :P

Screwtape is just adorable! I can't tell who he's going to look more like, but I think that's Vega's nose? I like his name, too, for some odd reason. In my imagination, it makes for a wonderful grumpy old man name. I can already see him with a cane in one hand yelling at children to stay off the lawn!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #39 on: March 24, 2013, 09:52:58 PM »
Hahaha... Jones-Brown girls is turned to be an interesting (creatures)... :P

I have my little hope for Sheila. Who know, maybe she's will be Screwtape's :P

Screwtape as toddler is adorable, I'm kinda curious where he get that kind of teeth? It's genetic thing? This is kinda new for me.
Nice update, Trip. Looking forward for your next post ;D

They are rather odd-looking, but I like them regardless. Sheila is definitely one of the most normal-looking girls in town, and I never completely booted her off Screw's spouse list. You'll just have to wait and see how everything panned out.

His teeth are actually an accessory in CAS, right under socks (everyone has the vampire fangs from patch 1.38, but Supernatural introduced another set with bottom fangs as well top ones; Screwtape and Vega both have the latter). I love those little fangs. ;D

And thank you again!

I vote for this one. She's the scariest. ;D

Scariness is just another plus in my book. Ms. Clarissa Jones-Brown looks leagues better than generation three's to-be-spouse. That girl looks like her face is melting off. But you'll have to wait to see her, because while she's a teen in my game, she's not even a bump in her mother's tummy at this point in the story.

That third Jones-Browns girl looks like she really, really needs to eat a big steak dinner. It really is such a shame when sims die from hunger, what with food from the fridge being endless and free.  :P

Screwtape is just adorable! I can't tell who he's going to look more like, but I think that's Vega's nose? I like his name, too, for some odd reason. In my imagination, it makes for a wonderful grumpy old man name. I can already see him with a cane in one hand yelling at children to stay off the lawn!

All the Jones-Brown-William-Smith (or whatever they're called; too many surnames for me) family looks like someone deflated their faces. The poor souls. For some reason, Goodwin is highly-allergic to passing down his far more normal facial structure. At least that one has Goodwin's eyes. They're pretty eyes.

He actually has Wei's nose. Screwtape got very little from Vega aside from the grey skin and her facial structure. It's cruel to try and spoil the suspense of seeing him when he grows up, but I can say that Wei does not need a paternity test done.

As for his name, I read The Screwtape Letters in high school and thought "yeah, I need an immortal with that name." Yet, my Screwtape is a rather cheerful fellow who likes vandalizing things. He still has a seventh trait to gain for attending university, so I might make him take a 180 because I'm stuck on what else to give him. :P

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2013, 01:04:48 AM »
Scariness is just another plus in my book. Ms. Clarissa Jones-Brown looks leagues better than generation three's to-be-spouse. That girl looks like her face is melting off. But you'll have to wait to see her, because while she's a teen in my game, she's not even a bump in her mother's tummy at this point in the story.

Now you've got me very, very curious. :)

I thought you were probably referring to The Screwtape Letters. While I've never read the book I am familiar with the concept--and the name is just too quirky to ignore.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »
Marc! Yay! Move in and make pretty babies, Marc!

I must say I am disappointed with this round of Goode babies. Or should I say Jones-Brown, she can have the credit. I was lucky that in my last dynasty attempt his child turned out quite pretty. It can be so sporadic, no? But if scariness is what you're going for...still, there is a rather large age gap there.
Screwtape is adorable and I can't wait to see him grow up.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: March 25, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
Now you've got me very, very curious. :)

I thought you were probably referring to The Screwtape Letters. While I've never read the book I am familiar with the concept--and the name is just too quirky to ignore.

Yeah, generation three's spouse surprised me because she was a super-adorable toddler, but grew out of her charm fast. She has some nice features by themselves, but they're rather distinctive and they didn't mix in quite the way I hoped.

It's a pretty distinctive name, no doubt.

Marc! Yay! Move in and make pretty babies, Marc!

I must say I am disappointed with this round of Goode babies. Or should I say Jones-Brown, she can have the credit. I was lucky that in my last dynasty attempt his child turned out quite pretty. It can be so sporadic, no? But if scariness is what you're going for...still, there is a rather large age gap there.
Screwtape is adorable and I can't wait to see him grow up.

Stop catching on to my plans!

I have trouble calling these ones the Goode girls because Goodwin didn't seem to contribute much (that, and I default to the last name that a sim holds, hence why I always refer to Harwood and Julienne's children as the Knack kids and not the Clay kids). I'm not explicitly going for scariness, but it's not a deal-breaker either. The age gap actually isn't as big as you think; there was a bit of overlap between their teen years and Screwtape's teen years. I like using older spouses because they'll die quicker, and Screwtape's potential spouse list was quite long because I was considering some original townies too just because they'd be older than Screwtape (though I prefer using descendents of original townies; it makes the genes a touch more interesting).

But who did Screwtape choose? Something he regrets, of course (going by his wish panel).

Update later today, maybe. I have midterms to study for. :-\

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Game of Gnubb (3/25)
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2013, 11:52:30 AM »

Screwtape was happy to pose for an ice sculpture, though his mum initially disapproved on him wearing his pajamas for his sculpture. They would have to look at it for all eternity, and he could have made a better choice than pajamas. Still, pajamas or not, Harwood was still alive to sculpt Screwtape, and that meant a lot to Vega.

He and Sheila could finally have a meaningful conversation, but something seemed off about Screwtape's speaking patterns.

“Sheila, did you know that Union Cove has the greatest concentration of hi-tech industries in all of Simnation?” he asked her. The kid was very good at trivia, maybe something he picked up from Wei.

“Oh, do I even care?”

Poor Sheila. The one boy her age was as boring as oatmeal without milk and raisins.

At least Sheila had her father. Newly retired, he finally had some time for his family. Although Shamus was a little nervous meeting his daughter for the first time, he still thought it was nice that she came for a visit, and Sheila thought that her dad was a great guy.

Before Vega found out that Eva was skimping on her dynasty duties, Sheila and Shamus enjoyed a game of tag.

As a private investigator, Vega's first case was underwhelming. Susanne Knack, the eldest child of Harwood and Julienne, was far too curious as to who was using her toothbrush, and with the power of two rich parents, she was able to convince Officer Sargeant that it was some sort of priority. But it was an op in its essence, and Vega proved that grandma Pattina had no business in her toothbrush, though her younger sisters might have.

Vega quickly slipped away to the library to get some more work done. At that rate, her ops would be sealed far quicker than she ever expected. Rich Whelohff was suspected to have engaged in credit card fraud to further his riches, but Vega quickly proved that accusation wrong. One more op down.

In fact, she found a new best friend in Rich while they hung out in Marc's bathroom at a party. The dress code said swimwear, and it wasn't Spooky Day, but Rich and Vega connected over how they both thought it was a costume party and dressed as typical Monte Vistans. But deep within, Vega felt great sadness over on Puddlewick Drive, particularly the feeling of a Knack losing their elderly other half.

She was right. Nick was sobbing over the loss of his Pattina. She wanted to stay human, which he respected, but it was hard to think of his prolonged life being spent without her.

The other Knack couple still acted like teenagers in love.

Vega had plenty of sympathy for Nick, and felt that he needed some time to himself to properly grieve. All of his grandchildren were at school with Screwtape and Sheila, so when they were out, Vega extended an invitation to the Spring Festival to Julienne. Every adult in the Ironstar house would be there, and Julienne was an honorary Ironstar at that point.

Unfortunately for Eva, Shamus came out of retirement at the hospital to work at the festival, and he was far too invested in his new job.

“Shamie, I braved the great outdoors to see you. Can't we have a chat?” asked Eva.

“Not on my shift,” he sighed. The festival coordinators were as strict as they were secretive and possibly not real. He didn't want to disappoint Eva, but the job seemed like a nice prospect at first. Eva just went home in disgust at policies, and the outdoors.

It didn't stop Vega and Wei from enjoying some pure leisure time. In spite of schedules that didn't match up very well and a much more visible age-difference, the two still found their joy in each other.

It seemed natural that two couples on a date to the Spring Festival engaged in some team games, specifically a game of Gnubb, couple vs. couple. Although the teams got a bit scrambled and Julienne was clearly preoccupied with happier family issues, it was a fun way to end the day.

When it was Vega's turn, the frustration and worry showed on her face as it always did.

But when she almost knocked down one of the wooden rabbits, even a grump like her could cheer.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Game of Gnubb (3/25)
« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2013, 01:43:28 PM »
Sorry I'm too perceptive for your plans. I know your stories too well. ;D

I like Screwtape! He's cute and boring. What a winning combination. I do seriously think he is adorable. It's nice that Sheila got to spend a bit of time with her dad. I always try to arrange that when the parents and kids can't live together. I hate it when someone you know becomes a salesperson! In a shop, at a booth, it's annoying because you can't talk to them hardly and you can't throw any elixirs at them :(

By samoht04

anything