Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65682 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Heath (4/24)
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2013, 09:30:01 AM »
I see. I thought that he's already a part of the family :o

No, I don't have any grudge for baldness things MarianT. I'm sorry if my comment offend everyone :(
Well instead that hair I'm more like to see total baldness, that hair seem disturbing (in my opinion) :D

I just want to see his other style, it's so fun to experimenting which hair (or wig) that suit him beside of that. I guess to do makeover for these kind of Sims, Stylish profession can do it right :D ?
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2013, 09:43:51 AM »
Hmm, it's a nice way to tell about Sheila's story. I love this update!
And nice screenshot close up that you got there,
especially when Marc time is up, that was a beautiful screenie! ;D

Heath was ok, but couldn't you do something about his hair?
I believe that he will more handsome with some hair :P
Looking at Heath picture alone, leave me laughing hard!

I just wonder where Rosa get those guessing ability?
It's her hidden talent or something? It's seem she's a dangerous reader :P
Regardless of that she's lovely to have.

Marc died in the corner of one of the bedrooms, so I had no choice but to shoot it from above. It made for a nice effect.

Since I can't add Heath to the household, he has to stay balding, as Marian pointed out. He had an inoffensive buzzcut as a teenager, and I don't know he couldn't keep that. :-\ The baldness strangely suits him as an elder, though.

Rosa is one of my most devoted readers, and I've had a few dynasty attempts before this. All of them found ways to try and integrate Marc's genes into the family. I had the excuse of using him as a dynasty painter during my fifth attempt (after he passed on, I moved in his son to sculpt for the family and provide pretty nooboos), and the excuse of using him as an emergency backup sculptor in my last attempt. Here, I had no excuse other than nooboos and a teleporter.

Eldridge, she can't do anything about Heath's hair (or lack of hair) unless he enters the household, and she might not want to use up a slot in the household. The alternative is to cheat and change it in CAS, but that would cause her dynasty to fail. Besides, what's wrong with a little baldness? I have two brothers with male pattern baldness.

Trip, I'm glad to see Marc's genes continuing. It looks like you're trying to get as much original Twinbrook blood into your dynasty as possible.

I have trouble imagining Heath with proper hair at this point. And it's not like sims really care what hairstyle someone has.

I would be ashamed of myself if I let Marc die alone. Yeah, my intent is absolutely to get half of the town into the family tree. Immortality is second-fiddle to that. :P

I see. I thought that he's already a part of the family :o

No, I don't have any grudge for baldness things MarianT. I'm sorry if my comment offend everyone :(
Well instead that hair I'm more like to see total baldness, that hair seem disturbing (in my opinion) :D

I just want to see his other style, it's so fun to experimenting which hair (or wig) that suit him beside of that. I guess to do makeover for these kind of Sims, Stylish profession can do it right :D ?

I might capture Heath in an alternate file to see how he'd look with hair. Just out of curiosity. Or I'll show you his teen pics. I can't do the stylist profession, though; it's allowed, but I'd rather not remove potential spouses from the pool because I made them over. And everyone else had a job.

Anyways, adding Heath to the household when Marco James was born would have put the household at seven, and later to eight with Samhain's wife. I needed that slot for other things. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »
Yeah, my intent is absolutely to get half of the town into the family tree. Immortality is second-fiddle to that. :P

And that is one of the reasons why this dynasty is so amusing of a read. :) You're taking the townie blood idea further than anyone else that I've seen. Here's hoping that the interesting genetics play well into the later generations.

That being said, welcome into the world, Marco. You are the grandson of four original townies, and that already makes you amazing.

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2013, 11:00:18 AM »
I would be ashamed of myself if I let Marc die alone. Yeah, my intent is absolutely to get half of the town into the family tree. Immortality is second-fiddle to that. :P
Well, as far as I can see, your doing a great job with all the townie blood. (Also, I can never imagine you using a mod to improve Story Progression. By this point, I think you love to do it yourself too much. :P)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2013, 03:36:22 PM »
Haha! I don't think it's even fair, I know both Trip and Twinbrook far too well not to guess. I was shocked that Marc hadn't made more of an appearance prior to this. That was quite sneaky of you, Trip! Or maybe he died so long ago I forgot all the stuff he did already  :-\ I hate it when Marc dies, in any dynasty. He's one of my favourites.

I love this! Seriously, this is going to end up with one baby at the end that has all of the original Twinbrookians' genes! You already have, let's see if I can even count them up, Wei, the Drudges, Goodwin, Jenni, Harwood and Julienne, Marc and Amy--this family tree reads like a who's who of Twinbrook!
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2013, 03:56:13 PM »
Eldridge, she can't do anything about Heath's hair (or lack of hair) unless he enters the household, and she might not want to use up a slot in the household. The alternative is to cheat and change it in CAS, but that would cause her dynasty to fail. Besides, what's wrong with a little baldness? I have two brothers with male pattern baldness.

Trip, I'm glad to see Marc's genes continuing. It looks like you're trying to get as much original Twinbrook blood into your dynasty as possible.

My brother balds the same way my mother's family does - top corners of his forehead, curving around to leave a tuft just above his forehead in the middle, so amusing. He hasn't balded enough to have the tuft separate from the rest of his hair yet, but it's getting there. (He's also 23 xD)

Anyways....SO. DANG. CUTE. Both Samhain and Marco James are/will be adorable~

~Anna

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2013, 12:39:35 AM »
Well, anything will do. I'll looking forward for that Trip.

This is George from my failed Legacy attempt. He is the founder. He is bald but I love him.

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Steps Ahead for Samhain (4/25)
« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
And that is one of the reasons why this dynasty is so amusing of a read. :) You're taking the townie blood idea further than anyone else that I've seen. Here's hoping that the interesting genetics play well into the later generations.

That being said, welcome into the world, Marco. You are the grandson of four original townies, and that already makes you amazing.

What can I say? I'm devoted to my cause. :P

He's amazing in many ways. I've had Marco in my game for a while, and he's an interesting character when he grows up!

Well, as far as I can see, your doing a great job with all the townie blood. (Also, I can never imagine you using a mod to improve Story Progression. By this point, I think you love to do it yourself too much. :P)

Thanks! It's rewarding to do things manually, but I use Twallan's SP in non-dynasty games, and there is definitely appeal in automating the process.

After this, I want to try a decadynasty and see if I can outdo myself with making townie babies.

Haha! I don't think it's even fair, I know both Trip and Twinbrook far too well not to guess. I was shocked that Marc hadn't made more of an appearance prior to this. That was quite sneaky of you, Trip! Or maybe he died so long ago I forgot all the stuff he did already  :-\ I hate it when Marc dies, in any dynasty. He's one of my favourites.

I love this! Seriously, this is going to end up with one baby at the end that has all of the original Twinbrookians' genes! You already have, let's see if I can even count them up, Wei, the Drudges, Goodwin, Jenni, Harwood and Julienne, Marc and Amy--this family tree reads like a who's who of Twinbrook!

I made sure to cut Marc out of any screenshots so I wouldn't have to break the story to explain myself, and his death went without mention (I also was really tired of him being around by the time he died and didn't want to write anything about it; he lived to 101 and was pretty useless for most of his time at the house). He moved in right after Screwtape's teen birthday and died right around the time Samhain was conceived. That's nearly three weeks of making sure that Marc wasn't in the way of my screenshots!

I'm already impressed with my list of original townie genes, but as you might guess, it will only grow from there. ;) I'll be honest and say that I'm hoping to break a record with the amount of original townie blood in the family, since my museum score will be average at best. Gotta leave an impact somehow!

My brother balds the same way my mother's family does - top corners of his forehead, curving around to leave a tuft just above his forehead in the middle, so amusing. He hasn't balded enough to have the tuft separate from the rest of his hair yet, but it's getting there. (He's also 23 xD)

Anyways....SO. DANG. CUTE. Both Samhain and Marco James are/will be adorable~

~Anna

And the best part is that they don't lose their charm with age. Samhain is still great-looking as an elder, and Marco James is about as adorable as you'd expect a grandson of Marc to be.

Well, anything will do. I'll looking forward for that Trip.

This is George from my failed Legacy attempt. He is the founder. He is bald but I love him.

He's a pretty cool-looking founder, in my opinion. :)

Anyways, I dug up an old screenshot of teenaged Heath. I guess hair was never his thing:

I like him with a buzzcut!

In current game news: nothing, aside from designing a wedding dress for generation four. She's fun to design clothes for, hence me trying to update a lot so you can see generation four as well.

---

Clarissa redacted her comments about Sheila's romantic life; it resulted in a nooboo, and Clarissa had a secret love of nooboos.

Besides, it was great to have Clarissa on hand for Marco, because Sheila had different things to do. She didn't just hear horror stories about kids growing up with awful personalities for not getting an A; she herself was cursed with being a flirt because she failed high school. Thankfully, Sheila was one of those sims that didn't apply themselves as opposed to not being smart, and she had a lot of good advice for Samhain.

Samhain was such a good kid in the eyes of his parents. Screwtape came back from work and a quick spa treatment afterwards, beaming at the sight of his little boy. The best part was that Screwtape could be proud of him for eternity, provided that eternity didn't have a mind of its own.

Of course, the two not-yet-immortals had to prepare for what eternity actually entailed: anything to pass the time.

Speaking of waiting for time to pass, Vega was particularly impatient for Samhain to be old enough to marry Rebecca, or pretend that he had a choice in spouses and still marry Rebecca. For then, she just invited Rebecca over very often to work out, or just for a chat. At first, Screwtape was impressed with her.

“Oh my god, I never knew much about the trees in the swamps!” she said with glee after another trivia sharing, “So, like, when does Samhain age up?”

“Why is it of your concern?” asked Screwtape.

“Your mum keeps dropping some hints. I'll let you soak that in.”

Screwtape loved his mum, but he started to think that she was going crazy. He went to high school with most of Beck's siblings, after all. It couldn't have been like Samhain had a childhood crush on someone not that much younger than his father, right?

“Beck, does dad like you?”

“I can't tell. I think your nana's our only hope.”

“So I get to marry you?” asked Samhain.

“We'll talk about that when you're older.”

That wouldn't take long.

Samhain enjoyed the swings until auntie Sheila took him home. He was missing his birthday party!

Screwtape came home from work after a strange kitchen accident to see Samhain grow up, but even being singed couldn't erase one thought at the back of his mind: how would a hormonal teenager act like with his grandma focused on arranging a marriage?

There wasn't any turning back, though.

There were actually a few guests, mostly the Knacks who could fill up a guest list by themselves. Vega convinced two of them, Beck and the newly-vampiric Susanne, to join the family (minus Sheila and Marco James) to a nice after-party at the beach, to break in Screwtape's renovations.

Samhain approved of the snow cone machine. There was nothing like shaved ice and cheap syrup to end a birthday, but maybe he was just happy at his new wardrobe.

But with Clarissa around, happiness wasn't a guarantee for the guests.

“You're far out of high school and going after my son? Who do you even think you are?” Clarissa heard a rumor about the arrangements that Vega had, and with many gorgeous daughters of Sinbad going to school with Samhain, it made no sense that he would be required to marry someone far more mature. “Man, I'd boot you to the curb on that mouth alone! Did someone pull at your lips as a kid?”

“Girl, my mouth and I are far more fabulous than those cheekbones of yours. Do you need a good steak dinner or something from that chef you married? And go bring it up with your in-law if you mind me this much. I'm staying put.”

Vega broke them up effectively, but she didn't want Beck to get the wrong impression of the family. The fate of the dynasty didn't rest on Beck's shoulders, but Vega's happiness and conscience did. She couldn't let Harwood's line end with his kids.

“Honey, I'm really sorry about Clarissa. She's like that to everyone. Anyways, why don't you live with us? It's certainly better than fighting with Margie or fearing that Susanne will attack your neck,” said Vega.

“Well, mum always warned my sisters about your plans. Are they really that bad?”

Vega could always make things sound cool.

“Riches? A nice bed? Possibly marrying your grandson?” asked Beck, “What are we waiting for?”

The first course of action was to find something more flattering for Beck. She wasn't traditionally pretty like the other Knack girls, and the level bangs and unflattering clothing wasn't helping. There had to be a stunner under it all.

It took hours, and Vega hoped that she did a good job.

“They called me the ugly sister, but look at my watched makeover! I am fab!”

“Yes, Jules, she's just fine,” said Vega.

---

Yes, Beck is a diva. Two of her siblings are divas too. Maybe it's the logical progression of Julienne's snobbery?

I was going to wait to move Beck in, but I really couldn't stand her in those plain clothes and the unflattering hair. Oh, and with two of her family members as vampires and my game being really bugged regarding the curing of vampires, I couldn't risk losing her!

Oh, and Samhain is a gorgeous teen, isn't he?

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #158 on: April 25, 2013, 08:10:33 PM »
Hey, at least buzz-cut Heath was much better!

I always smiling or end up laughing when I see Screwtape. He is so thin and I believe he can fly! Just be blown by the wind and there you go! I think my imagination was the one who should take the blame :P. I think it's pretty cool to have all townies blood in your dynasty! I really want to have that too, but your method was too much for me. Oh the burden being a Hopeless Romantic author's *shake head*

See. Even you can't resist to do makeover, Trip. She was much better in new style :P

And Saimhain is gorgeous! He has a pretty good looking, cool and not so thin as Screwtape. I love him!

P.S: I love Screwtape too, but the love size is quite different :P

My Stories:

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #159 on: April 25, 2013, 09:24:59 PM »
Okay, I can now say with confidence that Samhain is my favorite immortal so far. You are right--he is simply adorable as a teen!

I've come to learn that age differences don't really matter in immortal dynasties. I already have a spouse picked for my heiress who isn't even born yet, and her intended is a few days shy of being a teenager. :P

Becky is quite pretty though. The large mouth seems to suit her.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #160 on: April 25, 2013, 09:55:10 PM »

I want to see more pictures of Samhain! I just love his nose! He's completely swoon-worthy, and I hope he makes an appearance in the swap shop at some point. It's nice to see that someone else agrees with me about Clarissa and that big steak dinner.  ;)

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #161 on: April 25, 2013, 10:00:50 PM »
I LOVED the convertion between Samhain and Beck! They are so cute!
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #162 on: April 25, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »
Hey Beck, don't talk bad about Goodwin's cheekbones! You watch yourself!

She is really pretty I think, even before the makeover but especially after. Samhain the Gorgeous will not be able to restrain himself for long! And wow, is he gorgeous. I'd like to see what his face looks like without all the renovations, though. Although I think they are really artistic, work together well, and suit him.

I've actually seen a lot of buzz-cut teenagers grow up to be balding. It's a bit odd.

However, despite the large age differences in many dynasties, I had never before seen a child out on a date with his YA intended! That was fantastic! ;D

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #163 on: April 26, 2013, 09:30:15 AM »
Hey, at least buzz-cut Heath was much better!

I always smiling or end up laughing when I see Screwtape. He is so thin and I believe he can fly! Just be blown by the wind and there you go! I think my imagination was the one who should take the blame :P. I think it's pretty cool to have all townies blood in your dynasty! I really want to have that too, but your method was too much for me. Oh the burden being a Hopeless Romantic author's *shake head*

See. Even you can't resist to do makeover, Trip. She was much better in new style :P

And Saimhain is gorgeous! He has a pretty good looking, cool and not so thin as Screwtape. I love him!

P.S: I love Screwtape too, but the love size is quite different :P

Loads better!

Screwtape is indeed very thin, but it suits him since he looks so much like Wei, and Wei has to stay skinny to be himself. I'm glad there isn't any true wind in the game; Screwtape wouldn't stand a chance against it!

I'm sometimes a hopeless romantic in my game, but sometimes strategy has to prevail and leave my mortals having to rely on dates with out-of-house partners. It works for me. ;D

I had to move her in anyways, and household members get makeovers. But Beck was really fun to makeover; I've never been able to dress a sim in yellow before her.

Samhain's still rather thin, but not quite to the extent that Screwtape is. To think that Vega's actually rather filled-out. :P No matter what, Samhain is seriously stunning.

Okay, I can now say with confidence that Samhain is my favorite immortal so far. You are right--he is simply adorable as a teen!

I've come to learn that age differences don't really matter in immortal dynasties. I already have a spouse picked for my heiress who isn't even born yet, and her intended is a few days shy of being a teenager. :P

Becky is quite pretty though. The large mouth seems to suit her.

Samhain is pretty cool, and gorgeous, of course. Generation four entertained me a lot more, though. One of these days...

Age gaps are perfect for immortal dynasties, though the gap between Samhain and Beck is a pretty hefty three and a half weeks (or thereabouts). Compared to Screwtape and Clarissa who went to high school together for a tiny bit, it's a bit of a leap.

She really is! I think she'd look odd if she got Julienne's mouth instead; something needs to balance out Harwood's big eyes, after all.

I want to see more pictures of Samhain! I just love his nose! He's completely swoon-worthy, and I hope he makes an appearance in the swap shop at some point. It's nice to see that someone else agrees with me about Clarissa and that big steak dinner.  ;)

I had to use that comeback against Clarissa. She deserved it. ;D

Good thing that he had a decently-entertaining teenhood; I'm pretty sure that I have a lot of pictures of Samhain to share! His nose is wonderful.

I LOVED the convertion between Samhain and Beck! They are so cute!

They are sickeningly adorable doing anything together, and believe me, I know. ;)

Hey Beck, don't talk bad about Goodwin's cheekbones! You watch yourself!

She is really pretty I think, even before the makeover but especially after. Samhain the Gorgeous will not be able to restrain himself for long! And wow, is he gorgeous. I'd like to see what his face looks like without all the renovations, though. Although I think they are really artistic, work together well, and suit him.

I've actually seen a lot of buzz-cut teenagers grow up to be balding. It's a bit odd.

However, despite the large age differences in many dynasties, I had never before seen a child out on a date with his YA intended! That was fantastic! ;D

Clarissa spoke badly about Harwood's mouth. She had it coming. [/personal bias]

Beck surprised me so much; her face is really hard to flatter, but that hairstyle worked far too well. Regardless, I just adore her features. Samhain's disciplined trait probably helped keep him in line before he aged up.

Hmm, I guess I should show a picture of Samhain without makeup, shouldn't I? I went a bit overboard with it, though it's reasonable considering his brooding and dramatic traits.

I don't get the buzzcut problem either. Maybe Heath shaved his head to mask a thinning hairline and then stopped caring as a young adult?

I think Beck was over for some reason, and I noticed that kids can actually go out to the Bistro by themselves or with others. Isn't it neat? Plus, it seems strangely in-character for him to do.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #164 on: April 26, 2013, 09:49:21 AM »
Eh, yes. That was an unkind comment. I like both of their faces. So much more unique than run-of-the-mill EA standard Townies! You've converted me, Trip. I'm going Original as much as possible for my dynasties (Well that was the plan for House of White anyway but now the Callahans will benefit as well).

Samhain is fantastic. His traits sound really good too. His face definitely fits them. Yes, show us the unaltered Samhain!

It is very in-character. He reminds me of, hmmm, a lordly little English boy from a Japanese anime. Like Ciel Phantomhive or Alois Trancy from Black Butler. Of course I've only seen a few scenes of that show so I could totally be getting those characters wrong.

By samoht04