Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65864 times)

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Couple Couples (3/19)
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2013, 03:03:48 PM »
Yay!  Just found this.  Can't wait to see the babies :)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Bottled Gold (And Vega Gets Hitched) (3/20)
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 12:47:39 PM »
That was such a touching chapter. :) Yay for Vega and Wei--and double yay for Eva and Shamus and (hopefully) a new little Drudge-boo on the way.

Where would a dynasty helper of mine be without a nooboo? :P

Yay!  Just found this.  Can't wait to see the babies :)

They were adorable, though generation two grew up looking strange. He grew on me, but I still have mixed feelings on some of his looks, as you'll see one of these days.

---

“Broken glass? Really?” asked Harwood.

“That's my family secret to wealth in a bottle right there. Touch the statues.”

“You're mad,” said Harwood, but there was no point in contesting Vega.

As the cliché goes, there was a method to Vega's madness. One that greatly pleased Harwood, enough to convince him to splurge on the moodlet manager and motive mobile that Vega begged for and build the house into something livable.

Vega confidently stood for her ice sculpture while wearing her wedding dress (floor-length dresses bothered her). The biggest worries were behind her, about wealth and sculptures. She was able to put the new worry of what to do with a stir-crazy old man in the back of her mind.

Eva calmly painted, trying to stay happy during her pregnancy. She didn't quite understand the concept of needing to get out. Vega wasn't too worried about an extra nooboo in the house either.

Regardless of her housemates' woes and joys, Vega was focused on herself and determined to bring her whirlwind romance with Wei even further. Newly rich, she presented him with a silver band, mostly to symbolize that he had to give up his last name.

“It has been only three months, but yes!”

She told him a bit about her plans, and that she wanted a family and she was very worried that her housemates would either be too old or possibly dead unless she got started on it soon. That, and she wanted a ring on her finger and a cute geek to cuddle at night.

“Heck, the sun's coming up soon. Wanna do this now?” asked Vega.

Wei had to balance himself out first. The marriage of a very neurotic couple couldn't start without it. There was also the issue of them marrying in their outerwear, so they came back a few hours later with slightly more reasonable wardrobes.

Neither of them wrote out vows, not really having the time to, instead putting rings on each others' fingers while saying phrases along the lines of “I love you,” and “You're the best.”

The sun rose over Twinbrook as they sealed their marriage with a kiss.

Vega was married, a little sooner than she ever expected herself to be, but for someone like Wei, it felt like just the right time.

She took a long look over the Twinbrook sunrise. It seemed like such an insignificant little place, but each day, Vega felt a little more like it was the right place for her and eternity.

And on her wedding morning, it was just another start.

---

Midas Touch is the best elixir ever and I will always use it, especially in combination with changing someone's LTW to Swimming in Cash. Just in case you didn't figure that out.

I really like the weddings shots this time around, for whatever reason. Now that generation two is grown up and about to get engaged in my game, I need to find a nice setting for his wedding to outdo myself.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 02:25:43 PM »

Oo, another trip dynasty! Yay, and how did miss this!? The wedding shots are gorgeous; I love the landscape there in the background. Is that the view from your dynasty lot? I especially like the purpley one with Vega looking out over the water.

Also, I'm so glad you mentioned the tip about kids radio station! That's going to come in handy when it comes time to populate the town with rainboos!

Offline cathyknits

• Immortal
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 04:48:15 PM »
...I suppose if you're going to do that: you can bring portable radios wherever you like...

Good luck on this attempt, Trip!
Immortal Dynasty: A Bouquet of Blossoms

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 09:59:19 PM »
Every time I use a Midas Touch I always think of you Trip.  Just saying.  I'd also like you to know that I learned a new trick.   Midas Touch combined with Artisan Crafter equals even more money.  About 6000 more per ambiguity statue.  Also I learned that if you put the statues end to end with moveObjects on so it looks like one long line - it helps to turn more! Thought I would share since I think you were the first person to give me the idea to try them out.  :D

Congratulations to all the happy couples!
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 05:08:44 AM »
Good tips Rica! Welcome to the house, Wei! I like the neuroticness of this attempt.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Nooboos and Bitten Nails (3/21)
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2013, 02:08:57 PM »
Oo, another trip dynasty! Yay, and how did miss this!? The wedding shots are gorgeous; I love the landscape there in the background. Is that the view from your dynasty lot? I especially like the purpley one with Vega looking out over the water.

Also, I'm so glad you mentioned the tip about kids radio station! That's going to come in handy when it comes time to populate the town with rainboos!

It's the view from the town beach, actually. The dynasty lot isn't in a bad area, but my sims have to drive for the best views in Twinbrook.

I can't believe it took me that long to think about it. I'm super-paranoid about leaving Kids' music on at home, though...

...I suppose if you're going to do that: you can bring portable radios wherever you like...

Good luck on this attempt, Trip!

...Aaaaand that would fix my problem. Thanks for the tip, Ms. Knits.

And thanks!

Every time I use a Midas Touch I always think of you Trip.  Just saying.  I'd also like you to know that I learned a new trick.   Midas Touch combined with Artisan Crafter equals even more money.  About 6000 more per ambiguity statue.  Also I learned that if you put the statues end to end with moveObjects on so it looks like one long line - it helps to turn more! Thought I would share since I think you were the first person to give me the idea to try them out.  :D

Congratulations to all the happy couples!

Wow, really? I'm too busy exploiting my dynasty sculptors for bigger LTRs that I never bother getting Artisan Crafter (and I'm not caring much about museum score this time around), but in case I feel that my 800,000+ in funds isn't enough, I'll keep it in mind. :D

Thanks!

Good tips Rica! Welcome to the house, Wei! I like the neuroticness of this attempt.

I realized that I really like having neurotic sims around. They're easy to keep track of too; just find a window or a sink. And since I'm a big worrier in real life, writing Vega is particularly easy (it shows more in later chapters, though).

---

“I need a nice museum photo, sweetie-kins” said Vega.

Unfortunately, Eva butted in with something a little more dire. Even though Shamus had a job of cleaning up in the maternity ward, he didn't tell her what to expect.

Everyone lost count of the time that passed, but after some time, Eva had a little girl named Sheila.

Since Vega's young adult portrait was done, Eva had plenty of time with spend with Sheila. The more she thought about, the more she wondered if this would happen without the weird life of a dynasty painter binding her.

Soon, Vega called Eva to the studio and thrust a chisel into her hand. Someone had to take over for Harwood once he passed on, and there was nothing wrong with a head-start.

As for Harwood, with ice sculpting mastered, he was free to have a true retirement. He gravitated towards Sheila and took up most of the care. Most of all, he wondered if it was too late for him to have a family of his own.

Unfortunately, his true retirement was punctuated by the constant feeling of broken glass in his shoes. "Number 50. Ugh, finally," said Vega under her breath.

"So it's done?"

"Sure, if you want." Once Vega left the room she muttered, "Ungrateful loser. He should be thankful they were gosh darn Vials of Bliss."

With Eva's nooboo welcomed into the world and most alchemic mastery done and sealed, Vega bit her nails and waited on a pregnancy test with almost-dangerous anticipation. How could she be going so nooboo-crazy so early in her life? Perhaps it was a bad idea to surround herself with the families of others so quickly; clearly, it was rubbing off on her. And her worry seemed so out of place with Harwood cheerfully strutting through the door.

Vega returned to the bathroom. The results were positive.

Some new maternity clothes later, Vega got down to her main duty: following an old wives' tale on making perfect little boys.

---

It's a short update, but more due to pacing rather than me lacking material (believe me, I'm fine in that regard).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2013, 02:30:57 PM »
(Just realized I haven't even commented on this story yet---whaaaaat?) Welcome baby Sheila! Wei is one of my favorite Twinbrook townies, so I'm happy to see him appear here. Am I correct to predict that Sheila and baby Ironstar are going to be very good friends when they're older?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 03:05:46 PM »
I love how you write the story. Trip.
Several times that I was smile and laugh while I read your post, word by word.
I'll reading yours too.

Congratulation for 1st Immortal.
Good luck with 2nd Immortal ^^
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 03:32:45 PM »
(Just realized I haven't even commented on this story yet---whaaaaat?) Welcome baby Sheila! Wei is one of my favorite Twinbrook townies, so I'm happy to see him appear here. Am I correct to predict that Sheila and baby Ironstar are going to be very good friends when they're older?

I'm betting he ends up with a Goode Jones-Brown. Or maybe I should say hoping? I bet Sheila's descendants will marry in eventually but I don't expect them to get married this early. And Harwood, considering Trip is your Watcher now (and that strut) I would say that it is definitely not too late for you to start a family!

By samoht04

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 06:37:07 PM »
Alchemy seems like a relatively easy skill to supermax, and the potions would be very useful down the line. :)

Welcome little Sheila and the new little one to come! Eva looks so happy with the baby...

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 10:00:29 PM »

Wei is indeed awesome, and I'm so glad Vega was able to snatch him, because I was less-than-impressed with the list of backups I came up with.

Yes, they are very good friends. I need someone for that best friend requirement.

I love how you write the story. Trip.
Several times that I was smile and laugh while I read your post, word by word.
I'll reading yours too.

Congratulation for 1st Immortal.
Good luck with 2nd Immortal ^^

Thanks so much!

I'm betting he ends up with a Goode Jones-Brown. Or maybe I should say hoping? I bet Sheila's descendants will marry in eventually but I don't expect them to get married this early. And Harwood, considering Trip is your Watcher now (and that strut) I would say that it is definitely not too late for you to start a family!

I'm revealing nothing! But Sheila wouldn't be born without plans to contribute her genes somehow.

As for Harwood, the whole need for an ice sculptor thing is second to my need to have him leave a different sort of legacy. That, and Harwood's kids are always good for friend requirements.

Alchemy seems like a relatively easy skill to supermax, and the potions would be very useful down the line. :)

Welcome little Sheila and the new little one to come! Eva looks so happy with the baby...

Looking at the nine Midas Touch elixirs that Vega made, yes, yes it is useful.

Eva's definitely good mother material, even if I ended up making her an art slave. Not like Sheila can escape that either.

Update tomorrow, guys. :)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 12:39:08 AM »

Oh, don't worry Harwood, you'll have a very, very large family if Trip has anything to say on the matter. (And come on, with a name like . . . that, he's bound to have lots of children anyway, right?  ;) ) Anyway, I liked seeing Vera in a neurotic pose, and that her whole line will be neurotic too. Neurotic sims are some of my favorites! The only reason I didn't have one in the Dojo house is because they are scared of floor hygienators! Which really makes no sense. You'd think a neurotic sim would appreciate the periodic cleaning coming from the floor since they like to clean so much.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Friend for Eternity (3/22)
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 01:26:24 PM »
Oh, don't worry Harwood, you'll have a very, very large family if Trip has anything to say on the matter. (And come on, with a name like . . . that, he's bound to have lots of children anyway, right?  ;) ) Anyway, I liked seeing Vera in a neurotic pose, and that her whole line will be neurotic too. Neurotic sims are some of my favorites! The only reason I didn't have one in the Dojo house is because they are scared of floor hygienators! Which really makes no sense. You'd think a neurotic sim would appreciate the periodic cleaning coming from the floor since they like to clean so much.

Even worse is that slob and neurotic don't conflict, which might make one of my future immortals a very conflicted person. I never tend to use floor hygienators because my last family with an experienced inventor (long, long ago) hated them regardless of their traits.

Another very short update. As I said, it's all because of pacing, though it's snail-like at this point.

---

Harwood spent one morning out to breakfast with Julienne, his girlfriend, and he presented her with the best engagement ring that the Ironstars could afford. Even if the end was near for Harwood and he couldn't ever marry anyways, he wanted to make the most of it that morning until he got a reminder on his phone.

“Birthday party at 11.”

Back at home, Eva carried Sheila to the birthday cake for a small first birthday party, and the whole household was required to be there. It was also Eva's elder birthday, but she didn't want to admit it until she had to.

By all accounts, Sheila was adorable. The entire house wanted her wrapped around their finger, but everyone but Harwood was too busy to do anything with her.

In fact, Vega had plenty of things to worry about, too many for her to think about Sheila. The future, her hopes and dreams, the unfinished Vial of Bliss, and most importantly, her heir.

After a short labor, he was there.

Vega lifted him up, noting his steely-complexion and ten little fingers. Maybe all nooboos looked the same, but she swore that he already looked like his father.

The little larva was her friend for eternity. Vega wanted to imagine all the plates of ambrosia they'd eat together, all the reminiscing they would do about their days in “the good ol' Twinbrook,” and the early parts of the dynasty they had to stick through together. But at that moment, all she could see was her nooboo, a little worm without anything to worry about. He would be an undying old man for most of his life, and Vega wanted to appreciate his youth when hers and his were so ephemeral.

He was Screwtape Ironstar, the second one.

---

Screwtape was born as an easily impressed virtuoso (picked neither) who likes white, chili con carne, and geek rock. His character went from "calculating, dark genius" to "really odd nerd" in no time at all. I guess he is like his father!

As for Harwood and Julienne, it stemmed from me having some weird rule that both of their genes must be in the dynasty, and going to the logical conclusion. Their children are all very adorable, though they presented me with a bunch of different genetic anomalies that I can't even begin to describe as they go against everything I thought I knew about the game's genetics. Maybe for another thread. :-\

And formal apologies to Sheila, who didn't get many screenshots of her toddler days. She was super-extra-adorable too. Poor girl.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Happy Little Boy (3/23)
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
Harwood and Julienne had a daughter shortly after, though Vega was far too focused on the Jones-Brown girls to want to consider the prospect of Screwtape marrying a Knack.

In spite of doctor's orders telling Julienne to hold off woohoo for a bit after giving birth (said doctor was her father, Nick, who also followed with the orders of “please stay away from that dirty old man”), they decided it was time for another.

Vega blew out the candles to her own birthday cake, cheered on by Eva, who was holding off on dyeing her hair.

For once, Vega felt an odd wave of confidence after she put on a new shirt. Her wrinkles weren't very apparent, and in terms of dynasty requirements, she was doing pretty well. And heck, if the stress was too much, she could scream it all away. She told herself that life could be worse.

Then time felt like it was slipping away, as it was Screwtape's turn to grow up.

He seemed mesmerized at it all happening, though it might have been four adults instantly cooing over him the moment they took off the blankets.

As a toddler, one would doubt that he was accurately named. Screwtape was a happy little boy without many schemes or grudges. He just wanted his toy rocket.

Wei ended up taking a week off to teach Screwtape his toddler skills. Even though he was unclear on the scope of Vega's mission, even without any notions of immortality, he was already so close to his elder birthday and his time as a father was limited by that virtue alone. “Don't you love daddy?” he asked Screwtape.

He was too young to understand, and had his doubts.

Vega got the dirty work of raising Screwtape. She loved nooboos, but she didn't like changing diapers. She had a future full of them with six more immortals to raise, so getting it out of the way with Screwtape was a must for her sanity.

How could she hate it, though? He was her son, and the most adorable thing when he looked up for reassurance.

Meanwhile, Wei tried to catch up with an old friend in between reading cookbooks in hopes of becoming a culinary librarian. He was never close to Justin, but it was nice to see that they were doing well apart.

That was broken up by the fact that it was Wei's elder birthday. Clarissa Jones-Brown tried to cheer him on, but between a newly-aching back and an even more scrawny frame, Wei just hoped that there was something more flattering for him in the dresser back home.

---

Screwtape was the most adorable little thing. That is all.

anything