Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65729 times)

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Rotten End (4/22)
« Reply #135 on: April 22, 2013, 04:26:47 PM »

Aw, we knew those two kids were so right for each other! I wonder what Screwtape has planned? Is there room in the house for a clone, I wonder?

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #136 on: April 22, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
If you mean a clone of Screwtape, that theory has been Jossed.

That would have been an interesting idea, though Sheila would still have to find a different babydaddy. I never wrote this rule down, but I have a very strict "No inbreeding" rule, and clones still count as relatives by my rules. And having two Screwtapes around might create a vortex of boringness that I'm not willing to risk. :P
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #137 on: April 22, 2013, 06:27:06 PM »
That went very dark...even darker than usual. :P I sort of feel sorry for Sinbad, actually.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: The Little Brooder (4/23)
« Reply #138 on: April 23, 2013, 08:22:47 AM »
Oh my gosh, if he did clone himself so both women would be happy, that would be so Tenth Doctor of him!
I'm with you on the inbreeding thing. I'm on generation 3 in the Callahans and the dating calls are getting weirder. Aunts, uncles, cousins, in-laws, all so weird.

You did an excellent job with Clarissa. She looked weird to me when I first saw her, but when you got hold of her, she actually looks really good now, if still more like Jenni than Goodwin. I think she has his cheekbones though.

Screwtape is too much fun for such a boring person. It's entirely illogical how funny he is. That line about the fireproof cake set-up--hahaha

Awww, good-bye Sinbad. You left an amazing legacy of which you can be proud. That is really well done. So much variety for future generations to choose from.

I hear you, Angelique! Julienne Knack is a catch!

Still waiting on the edge of my seat to find out what happens with Sheila! The Pidgin mansion? Hmmm.

And finally...child Samhain. Oh. My. Gosh. Can we say 'baby heartbreaker'? He is the most gorgeous child I have ever seen. (Sorry, Callahans!) That is why you always need Goode genes in a dynasty! (not even a pun that time, just the facts) And that hairstyle is perfect.

I'm fine with my sims dating their in-laws, since they're not blood-related. But the Ironstars got a lot of calls from in-laws. Clarissa's other sister, Bethany, was apparently quite enamored with both Sheila and Screwtape. Not that I can blame her. ;)

Most of her resemblance to Goodwin is in the eyes, in my opnion. Her other two sisters take even more from Jenni, so I chose well with Clarissa. I love her makeover, though I had to quickly accept that she needs to let her hair down.

He might be funny to us, but looking at how often the people of Twinbrook fall asleep when they speak to him, they don't understand his comic genius.

What else would Sinbad be good for?

I'm kind of sad that Julienne and Angelique never went steady (not that anyone else went steady with anyone in this file). They both needed love. :(

Yep, the Pidgin Mansion. A random place to find a boyfriend, but oh well.

Man, if you think he's gorgeous now, just imagine him grown up. There's a reason I've been addicted to playing my game. ;)

Whoa, whoa... Rosa's comment too dangerous (it's contain spoiler). Must. Avoid. That.

---
Well, thank you for the explanation about Saimhain name, Trip. That was really cool, I love the background story for the name ;D
---

Hahaha, look into Sinbad stats, he was too awesome. 15 children, well well well...  Well, good luck in the afterlife then. It's funny when I do makeover for Sinbad and Goodwin they have the maximum value of the eyelash. Are they supposed to be a beauty pair or what? When I look into Goodwin, well he's the pretty boy. But, Sinbad... *speechless*

Saimhain still adorable when he was a child. I can't wait to see when he grow up.

I love this. Because that I play Twinbrook now, so I can see who else the Sims that I can recognize in your story. After several conquest, who is the most beautiful in Twinbrook, Trip? Or, at least decent looking :D

A lot of guys in Twinbrook have maxed-out lashes. Well, I know that Harwood does. Perhaps it's a weird stylistic choice.

Whatever Sinbad was supposed to be, it's something hot. That sounds about right. ;D

I'm of the minority that thinks that most of the town is decent-looking, as long as you give them the right makeover. While there are some sims that stand above the others, there's a bit of appeal in seeing what the first townie you meet can do.

Aw, we knew those two kids were so right for each other! I wonder what Screwtape has planned? Is there room in the house for a clone, I wonder?

As brought up by Rosa, I'm not cloning anyone that's a part of the family, nor am I cloning Sheila so someone can marry a mini-Sheila. I'd rather try and cram even more original townie genes into the family tree.

Aside from the game giving Sheila's for-real partner some truly awful hair (in both coloring and style), he's hardly a downgrade from Screwtape anyways. ;)

That went very dark...even darker than usual. :P I sort of feel sorry for Sinbad, actually.

I can't say that I had Sinbad's best interests at heart when I brought him into the household. So it had to be dark. He didn't look happy as he died. :(

---

First, there were regrets about spending a night at the old Pidgin Mansion. Sheila knew it would be worth it, but vomiting wasn't fun when she had other, smaller goals to complete at the library. She had the itch to write.

As for Samhain, childhood meant a lot to him. For once, he could take in the world in more complex ways, and contemplate the meaning of it all. Or get started on it; he was still too young for full brooding angst. But he was still filled with questions.

Why did he have to worry about homework on Spooky Day while the Greenwood boys were out getting candy?

Why was dad so preoccupied with his face? He wasn't that much older, it was just his adult birthday. Why did he need a new hairstyle, and to pose for portraits? And in fact, why did Samhain have to do the same for auntie Sheila to paint him during the rare moments that she was home?

Why didn't Jerrod Greenwood ever take his alien mask off?

And most of all, why did he feel strangely happy when he walked in on grandma Vega training Beck?

But as mentioned, Samhain was too young to properly brood about it. The heaviness of life had to be released through less effective means, mostly through his pout while working on another math problem in the forbidden basement of grandma Vega. He felt that there was someone watching him through it with a critical eye.

Speaking of Beck, Vega thought that Samhain needed a mature mentor to guide him through his childhood years. When they ran into her, she trusted that Samhain and Beck would play nicely. It turned out that Beck was self-centered, but not when it came to children. No one deserved to be the unappreciated baby of the family.

It was a new ritual; if Samhain was done with his homework, he could go out for horseshoes or tag with Beck. She was more of a cheerleader during those games than an actual player.

“Come on Sammy, you were so close last turn!” she said with glee. For Samhain, it was like having another mother. Clarissa opted for the longest shifts at the diner.

When Clarissa had time for her son, she tried her best, but the spite never left her. She was always going to have it, no matter how uncharacteristic it was in her family.

But when Samhain biked home from after school activities with Beck, he smiled. In spite of all the strangeness of his family, he felt right at home with Beck. Was it her enthusiasm? Glowing approval from grandma Vega? Those gorgeous hazel eyes? Whatever it was, he had a very clear idea of what the future was like for him and Beck, even at his young age. At the very least, grandma would approve in an instant.

But at his core, Samhain was still a kid. He was still the baby of the family, and he believed that he'd be the youthful attention-sponge for a long time, whether for his own gain or just keeping the status quo.

He wished.

He didn't even think of anything as he came downstairs for a portrait by auntie Sheila. Sure, she got a little fatter over the past nine months, but Samhain didn't even connect it with the strange answer that Dane Racket gave him when he asked where nooboos came from.

“Not on my pristine floors!” yelled Clarissa. Sheila clutched her stomach with the onset of another contraction, as Samhain incoherently panicked. “Where did she ever find a man?” asked Clarissa in a muttering tone.

Crap. Sheila might have forgotten to tell everyone that part.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
« Reply #139 on: April 23, 2013, 10:05:08 AM »
Okay, thank you for provided information Trip. I still seeking who will be Sinbad's true love in my story. CAS Sims didn't seem right to me.  So, I asking you about previous question. Any great woman with awesome or miserable background that you ever know? :P

This chapter just prove of more of Saimhain adorableness! I love to see him around. Can't wait to see when he grow up XD
And the thing that make me smile is that Jerrod and the alien mask :P

And I don't really care about Sheila anymore, at least that I know that she is happy. Only know that make me happy.
Thanks to that spoiler comments, just ruined my precious moment :3
Well, I will be waiting for red dresses Sheila and Screwtape together X3

Great update, Trip. I want to see more!
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #140 on: April 23, 2013, 10:20:13 AM »
Okay, thank you for provided information Trip. I still seeking who will be Sinbad's true love in my story. CAS Sims didn't seem right to me.  So, I asking you about previous question. Any great woman with awesome or miserable background that you ever know? :P

This chapter just prove of more of Saimhain adorableness! I love to see him around. Can't wait to see when he grow up XD
And the thing that make me smile is that Jerrod and the alien mask :P

And I don't really care about Sheila anymore, at least that I know that she is happy. Only know that make me happy.
Thanks to that spoiler comments, just ruined my precious moment :3
Well, I will be waiting for red dresses Sheila and Screwtape together X3

Great update, Trip. I want to see more!

Fine then. Go for Lolly Racket (Sinbad works for her family, after all, and they make pretty children), homeless townie Lucy Ferne (she's an evil ball of hatred too, but she's also ugly, like, really ugly), or do an opposites-attract thing and pair him up with the good and friendly Molly Coddle. Molly might have had an awful time married to one of my old dynasty founders (who was evil and grumpy), but who says that Sinbad needs to treat her the same? He's not mean, just misunderstood.

I can't let Sheila be sad. She's my favorite mortal, and letting mortals be sad isn't very good for my conscience. D:

I thought that Jerrod in his permanent alien mask was too funny to exclude from the story. It took him until aging up to teen to take it off so I could gather what he actually looked like.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #141 on: April 23, 2013, 10:27:19 AM »
I thought the same about Molly. But, she has an eye for Phoenix Prudence :P
Well, I think I will do something with my Watcher power! Muahaha... or not :D

Thank you again Trip for the information, sorry if this off-topic related ;D

My Stories:

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #142 on: April 23, 2013, 11:37:12 AM »
What spoiler comment? The family tree? If so, you were properly warned.

Oh Samhain is so adorable. Feel free to include lots of pictures of him. I like his calm acceptance of his future with Beck. He obviously likes her. I'm glad :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #143 on: April 23, 2013, 12:28:34 PM »
Um, it's not about family tree things. I've been avoided that and heed the warning that Trip provide.
It's more into readers comment Rosa. I accidentally read them  :'(
So, no surprise for me then. Well, at least that I know that Sheila is happy, that was means a lot for me.
I love Sheila a lot you know...

My Stories:

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #144 on: April 23, 2013, 04:07:19 PM »
Huh, somehow I missed several updates, but I just got caught up. And oh my gosh, Samhain is just so, so, so cute! I love him! I have a feeling that Vega and Screwtape have rather different ideas about who Sam's spouse should be. At least, I assume Screwtape would want Samhain to marry Shelia's kid, but who knows? Maybe that's for another generation? I also loved the picture of Clarissa shouting at her baby with a megaphone, haha! The picture of Samhain playing video games is also just beyond cute!

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #145 on: April 23, 2013, 05:14:53 PM »
I just started on this and had to read it all the way through. I'll be looking for updates, Trip -- you definitely keep us guessing!

Wei Keane has pretty long-lasting genes. I used him in one of my earliest stories and started a project with his son or grandson. That was back in the days when story progression would provide a few infants, so his grand-daughter married Clarence Knack, another child of Pattina and Nick. Reading your story makes me want to play in Twinbrook again!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #146 on: April 23, 2013, 05:23:19 PM »
Ouch, Clarissa...that was a stinging comment if ever I've seen one. :o

Glad that Sheila is managing well enough. She has to be my favorite mortal so far as well (other than her mother). I can't wait to meet the new 'boo!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Heath (4/24)
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2013, 06:58:00 AM »
Um, it's not about family tree things. I've been avoided that and heed the warning that Trip provide.
It's more into readers comment Rosa. I accidentally read them  :'(
So, no surprise for me then. Well, at least that I know that Sheila is happy, that was means a lot for me.
I love Sheila a lot you know...

Sorry to hear that things have been spoiled. :(

I think it's hard not to love Sheila.

Huh, somehow I missed several updates, but I just got caught up. And oh my gosh, Samhain is just so, so, so cute! I love him! I have a feeling that Vega and Screwtape have rather different ideas about who Sam's spouse should be. At least, I assume Screwtape would want Samhain to marry Shelia's kid, but who knows? Maybe that's for another generation? I also loved the picture of Clarissa shouting at her baby with a megaphone, haha! The picture of Samhain playing video games is also just beyond cute!

There's also the issue of Beck being the real life equivalent of 17 or 18 years older than Samhain. While there was a gap between Screwtape and Clarissa, the gap between Samhain and Rebecca is more than twice as wide. I have a feeling that it rubbed Screw and Clarissa the wrong way.

No matter what, someone has to marry a Drudge. That's a given.

The megaphone...for a bit, everyone was addicted to it. Generation two was the rebel generation due to Screwtape's street art supermax, and he spread the influence around. I also have an awesome screenshot of Screwtape ranting at the pyramids during a trip to Egypt. Gotta love the megaphones.

I just started on this and had to read it all the way through. I'll be looking for updates, Trip -- you definitely keep us guessing!

Wei Keane has pretty long-lasting genes. I used him in one of my earliest stories and started a project with his son or grandson. That was back in the days when story progression would provide a few infants, so his grand-daughter married Clarence Knack, another child of Pattina and Nick. Reading your story makes me want to play in Twinbrook again!

Hey there new reader! Glad I'm keeping you guessing.

Wei's genes in the main family started and ended with Screwtape, considering how much Samhain looks like his mum. His genes are certainly interesting regardless of their longevity.

Ouch, Clarissa...that was a stinging comment if ever I've seen one. :o

Glad that Sheila is managing well enough. She has to be my favorite mortal so far as well (other than her mother). I can't wait to meet the new 'boo!

I bet she's full of them.

Sheila was such a joy to play, and she makes an excellent mother. I like her a little better than Eva, since I raised Sheila from birth and everything.

In current game news: I rebuilt the dynasty house. Hopefully things will run a bit smoother without an extra floor and other useless stuff.

---

Heath. That was the name of Sheila's boyfriend.

He wasn't a pseudonym for Screwtape, nor was he a clone, nor was he anything but a very normal young man who lived up the road from the Ironstars.

Having a child wasn't a very instant thing for the two of them. Sheila had a bit until her adult birthday when she first shared a kiss with Heath right after his young adult birthday, ignoring his thinning hair and unusual clumsiness. They had to wait even longer for a nooboo; having a nooboo right near a birthday was too risky.

Screwtape thought that Heath looked quite striking, much different than the typical newcomer in Twinbrook. His wide jaw, the stern stare in his eyes, and the peculiar shape of his upper lip puzzled Screwtape, but even before he asked his mum about Heath's origins, he knew that he was the next best man for Sheila. He was unwaveringly friendly, a bit of a hopeless romantic, and he acted like a true gentleman.

And before Screwtape graduated from university, he gave then-teenaged Heath a call, saying that he knew of a kind woman who would accept him for who he was. Once he grew up, of course.

Though his origins had to be found out afterwards, just to ease Screwtape's curiosity. Vega always knew these things, and she knew all too much about how Heath came into the world.

“Remember Marc?” she asked Screwtape.

“Do you mean the old man with the blue hair who always sat in our rocking chair in his pajamas?”

“Come on, he completed his lifetime wish too.”

When Marc took his dying breath, he had no idea what Vega had in mind. Actually, Vega had little idea what she would do with her best friend, other than have him buy a teleporter and in a fit of good will on Vega's part, live comfortably in her mansion. He found her suggestions about irresponsible woohoo with Amy, his crush of twenty or so years, to be strange, but he fell under the watch of a master of persuasion, and he followed those orders.

Little did even Vega know that one of the results of those “visits” Marc had with Amy would end up saving Sheila from a life of total woe.

It took her months to finally catch up with Heath after a fateful night sleeping over at his place (writing was time-consuming stuff), but Sheila decided on a romantic dinner with him to break the news.

“And Dr. Knack says it's a boy. So, what do you say, Heathy-dear?”

Whatever he said, he was glowing with pride. He was a bit young to be an unmarried father, but for Sheila, the time was right and Heath quickly got ready for it.

The nervous smile he had whenever he was around Sheila never changed, though. He didn't have the smoothness of either of his parents when it came to romance, and the hair always haunted him.

“Don't worry, we'll dye his hair if it's your color,” said Sheila before kissing Heath good-bye.

Sheila's story could continue on a happy note. Heath was no Screwtape, but Sheila always had a good heart. As much as she and Clarissa disagreed on everything, she knew that Clarissa deserved the joy she clearly found in Screwtape, and that Screwtape completely deserved a great marriage to someone that he turned out to hold a deep love for.

As Screwtape slept in Clarissa's arms that night, confident that everything would turn out well for the two couples...

...Sheila held her son for the first time, thinking of how right everything seemed to turn out.

He was named Marco James Drudge, after both of his grandfathers, and Sheila could look into his eyes and see that they were the same deep grey of his grandma Eva's.

As for the fate of little Marco James in this strange family, Vega was the only one to know.

---

Marc was originally captured because I was originally indecisive on what I'd do to get a spouse for Samhain, and who could make a baby with Sheila. So the obvious answer was "seed the town with pretty Brandtboos and sort them out later." That's what normal people do, right?

And yes, he bought a teleporter.

He also had two daughters, which were originally potential spouses for Samhain until I came to my senses and realized that getting Harwood's genes in is much more important. ;)

So when Rosa guessed that Marc was Sheila's babydaddy, she was actually half-right. Not that it was a leap of logic to think that Sheila's baby would have some Brandt blood considering that I'm at the helm of this dynasty. It would have been especially cruel to Sheila, though; having Marc father a child with her would also leave her as a young widow. And that's terrible. Hence Heath, who's about three weeks younger than her. Since Sheila can't marry anyways, she gets to have a younger partner as compensation.

As a final note...Marco James is supposed to be a first name; not Marco as his first name and James as his middle name. FamilyEcho begs to differ, and renders it as "Marco Drudge" under the belief that James is his middle name. Don't believe them for a second!

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #148 on: April 24, 2013, 08:56:51 AM »
Hmm, it's a nice way to tell about Sheila's story. I love this update!
And nice screenshot close up that you got there,
especially when Marc time is up, that was a beautiful screenie! ;D

Heath was ok, but couldn't you do something about his hair?
I believe that he will more handsome with some hair :P
Looking at Heath picture alone, leave me laughing hard!

I just wonder where Rosa get those guessing ability?
It's her hidden talent or something? It's seem she's a dangerous reader :P
Regardless of that she's lovely to have.

My Stories:

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #149 on: April 24, 2013, 09:22:18 AM »
Eldridge, she can't do anything about Heath's hair (or lack of hair) unless he enters the household, and she might not want to use up a slot in the household. The alternative is to cheat and change it in CAS, but that would cause her dynasty to fail. Besides, what's wrong with a little baldness? I have two brothers with male pattern baldness.

Trip, I'm glad to see Marc's genes continuing. It looks like you're trying to get as much original Twinbrook blood into your dynasty as possible.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.