Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65040 times)

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Game of Gnubb (3/25)
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2013, 06:37:42 PM »
Poor Nick. :(

I had to laugh at Sheila's interaction with Screwtape. And to think--Screwtape will be boring people to death for eternity. :P

And if I were Eva and I lived in Twinbrook with all of its swampiness and probably a ton of mosquitoes, I wouldn't much like the outdoors either. :P

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: A Game of Gnubb (3/25)
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2013, 10:04:28 PM »

Hehe, I'm guessing Screwtape has no sense of humor? Well, he might not have one, but he'll be making the rest of us laugh for hopefully many more generations. It's always so much fun when sims pass out, and he can do it on command!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: The Window (3/26)
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 01:57:15 PM »
Sorry I'm too perceptive for your plans. I know your stories too well. ;D

I like Screwtape! He's cute and boring. What a winning combination. I do seriously think he is adorable. It's nice that Sheila got to spend a bit of time with her dad. I always try to arrange that when the parents and kids can't live together. I hate it when someone you know becomes a salesperson! In a shop, at a booth, it's annoying because you can't talk to them hardly and you can't throw any elixirs at them :(

I guess that just makes you a dedicated reader, then. ;D

Before this, most of my sims were deadbeat parents, but I couldn't justify that for the Drudges because they're actually married. I really hate that I can't interact with festival workers too! While I was annoyed that I couldn't throw elixirs at proprietors, I can't do a single thing to festival workers.

Poor Nick. :(

I had to laugh at Sheila's interaction with Screwtape. And to think--Screwtape will be boring people to death for eternity. :P

And if I were Eva and I lived in Twinbrook with all of its swampiness and probably a ton of mosquitoes, I wouldn't much like the outdoors either. :P

I really feel bad for the guy sometimes.

I seriously love the "Bore to Death" interaction. I just love sims without a sense of humor. A good plus is that Screwtape is never stressed.

Fun fact: I have a lot of wetlands in my area, which might explain my choice in a town. If Twinbrook manages to be worse than summers here in Massachusetts, and I'm assuming it does, I'll join Eva indoors. I hate it enough here as is. :P

Hehe, I'm guessing Screwtape has no sense of humor? Well, he might not have one, but he'll be making the rest of us laugh for hopefully many more generations. It's always so much fun when sims pass out, and he can do it on command!

Indeed he does. It's his secret weapon.

I agree with everyone on Screwtape's cuteness. He continues to amuse me to date in my game;; in spite of non-existent sense of humor, he likes to make some rather hilarious faces.

---

On a spring weekend, Screwtape and Sheila went to the festival to play on the swings. While Screwtape was otherwise boring, he was like any other child in his love of playground equipment.

Sheila also spoke with her father in the only terms he could accept while on the job: “Garlic fries, please!”

As spring turned to summer, the household seemed to be at peace.

Wei put his genius to good use and tutored Screwtape when the little boy wasn't preoccupied with the kid's oven that he got for his birthday while mulling over the precise temperatures needed to make sugar cookies at low altitudes. Though his recitation of trivia got a little more disturbing during their tutoring sessions.

“Actually, parental unit, the settlement of Starlight Shores was driven by forces of cultural persecution.”

“That's nice, son.” Wei saw a lot of himself in Screwtape, but the coldness of his delivery was far too unusual. Hopefully he'd grow out of it.

Wei had some bigger dishes to make than sugar cookies, and more pressing wonders about the world than the implications of the colonization of West Simnation. It was called ambrosia, and Vega demanded that he make some and store it in the food replicators. As much as Wei loved his wife, he wondered why she was so protective of the dish. It had to be stored, and he'd have an earful from Vega if he sneaked a bite of his own cooking.

His curiosity was quickly forgotten; Screwtape made some excellent caramel brownies to tide Wei and the rest of the household over.

Eva learned the pains of being a masterful sculptor, suddenly realizing why Harwood was trying to escape his sculpting duties by constantly visiting the Knacks instead. He spent a lot of time there that summer, to the point of almost seeming more like a Knack than an Ironstar. Vega hoped that Harwood would come home; she needed a good friend. And Eva hoped for a reprieve, especially since there was a new bookcase and a rocking chair in the living room.

Vega caught up with Angelique Jones-Brown at the Diner, with Screwtape in tow. Much to Vega's enjoyment, Angelique was as neurotic as her and as easily impressed as Screwtape was.

“Aren't you a little cutie?” said Angelique to Screwtape by the end of the day. “Oh my god, I have to tell my sisters about you!” Vega was very hopeful after that night. Screwtape was just happy over a new best friend.

A few days later, Vega dipped her feet into the real estate market. Her makeovers of Willowglen Ampitheatre were tested and given glowing reviews from Clark Peddler, but rumor had it that he was quite easily-impressed and not a good authority on those matters. As for the Gypsy Wagon, she felt a connection to it that she couldn't explain at the time.

Vega finished her fifth PI case, convincing Buck Green that Kat Hunter was nothing but trouble, regardless of their over twenty years as a couple. All she needed was one more case.

But something was clearly wrong in the mind of Vega. One day, she was a little more distraught than usual, even though nothing strange was going on. It all started with not getting dressed to garden outside.

No one could sense what she sensed. She sensed loss, heartbreak, and reality crashing down on her. And while it was all fear and worry, her sourness overrode it, and all Vega did was grumble before the world felt much different. Something was going on in her head; a personal turning point for her accompanied by a low rumbling and a threatening orchestral number.

It was the sound of her best friend staring out the window for the last time.

---

Note about the last screenshot: I was beyond annoyed that Harwood decided to die in the corner, because it made getting a screenshot almost impossible. I eventually gave up trying to get a screenshot of just him by carefully positioning the camera beyond the wall but not far enough to cut him out of the shot, so I shot it through the window. I always wanted to move that window so it wasn't right at the corner, but without it, I couldn't have gotten a screenshot of Harwood dying. Funny how things work out. I still haven't moved the window.

And yes, you can start to leave “RIP Harwood” comments, but in all honesty, I'm glad he went when he did. Unlike past attempts, I feel like he did everything I needed him to this time. Thanks for the two motive mobiles, the moodlet manager, 200,000+ LTHP in total, four museum pieces, handy toddler care, and six wonderful children.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 04:22:16 PM »
Six children! Nicely done. ;) Good job, Harwood--you finally finished your work. And I'm glad you got that shot, it turned out very dramatic.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Dextra2

• Ruler-of-All-She-Sees-And Has A Really Big Ego.
  • Immortal
  • You can call me Dex!
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 04:29:38 PM »
R.I.P. Harwood. We won't miss you much. You did your job, and good job on that. :)
If a cluttered desk is an indication of a clutter mind, what is indicated by an empty desk?
~~~
That one moment when you realize you've been stalking the same thread for ten minutes... And there no reason why because you're up to date on everything.
~~~
Crossing the Rubicon

The Dark Fae's Quest

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »
WOW did Harwood lead a full life. You'd be hard pressed to find a more fulfilled sim, really...he was probably prepared to go. Still though, it is always sad to lose a friend, and I imagine Vega was heartbroken.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 08:33:05 PM »
Six children! Nicely done. ;) Good job, Harwood--you finally finished your work. And I'm glad you got that shot, it turned out very dramatic.

I was shocked at that figure myself, especially since I expected him to go not long after his second child was born (par for course, right?). As for the picture, I really liked how it came out in the end too. Death shots are interesting things for me to try and capture.

R.I.P. Harwood. We won't miss you much. You did your job, and good job on that. :)

And if I start to miss him, he haunts every night without fail.

WOW did Harwood lead a full life. You'd be hard pressed to find a more fulfilled sim, really...he was probably prepared to go. Still though, it is always sad to lose a friend, and I imagine Vega was heartbroken.

No kidding! So far, he's the only mortal sim in the dynasty who got the obelisk instead of the medium tombstone. And he shook hands with Grim before leaving.

I felt even worse for Screwtape. His relationship with Harwood was maxed out and the poor kid was sobbing for a while. Harwood and Vega had a very special friendship too. He was the first mortal that mattered to her, after all.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2013, 10:56:10 PM »
OMG.  now I want caramel brownies.  I blame you.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2013, 09:53:16 PM »

As for Screwtape, the sound of children crying in the game is just heartbreaking! It gets to me every time.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Timing (3/30)
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 11:04:27 PM »
OMG.  now I want caramel brownies.  I blame you.

I always want caramel brownies, though Screwtape's stockpiles of desserts certainly just made me hungrier.

As for Screwtape, the sound of children crying in the game is just heartbreaking! It gets to me every time.

I don't know what children crying in the game sounds like (I almost always play on mute), but it certainly looks depressing.

Anyways, sorry for missing four days of updates. As you might know, I'm far ahead in my game, and it's been amazing to get to the point where I am now. If you remember the Graves, I got to generation three. The last update ended with his teen birthday, and I played for a few days into his teenhood. Generation three for the Ironstars is almost at that point. I'm engrossed in my file after getting so far.

---

It was an awful late afternoon for both Vega and Screwtape. Their best friend was gone.

Vega drew her son in for a big hug. At least he was certain to be by her side forever. Still, losing Harwood was painful. He was the first of many to pass away, and for Vega, he was second only to Wei as the most important mortal in her life. His ice sculptures would live on, but Vega needed to sob before accepting that Harwood was gone.

And they both needed to cheer in an instant. Mere hours after Vega's best friend passed away, Sheila celebrated her birthday.

After a trip to Vega's alchemy lab where the dresser was, Sheila was as beautiful as ever.

The first thing she did was take a taxi down to the diner for some encouraging words from her father about the importance of chasing dreams, even when bad job transfers make you clean bedpans again.

Eva, however, was quite wary of Twinbrook from outside the confines of the Ironstar house. “I don't care if it was dad. There are still Rackets out there!”

“Please mum,” Sheila said, “I just wanted to see dad again. Don't ground me.”

“Fine, but aunt Vega better not tell you to skip school.”

Even though Sheila wanted to be a mature teen who hung out with the popular Knack and Jones-Brown girls (who were numerous enough to be their own posse), she still found time to speak with her old childhood friend.

"Sheila, may you join me in a chasing game? It's a great form of exercise, and it sharpens the reflexes."

Being reeled into games of tag felt too immature for her, or perhaps she was confused to see that Screwtape knew how to have fun.

Vega finally got her last op; surprisingly enough, it was her old friend Renee who wanted some excellent produce from Vega's small garden. A handful of flame fruits and plasma fruits later, and Vega completed her last required op.

“Sorry about this, officer,” said Vega over the phone to Scout, “I never wanted this to be a permanent job.”

They left on good terms. But something far more dire rang in Vega's mind. She had an odd contact from an old PI case, and the means to find him.

---

Funny little thing about Eva's quip about there still being Rackets out there; the Rackets refused to die for the longest time. Usually Max and Marigold die about three weeks into the game, usually right around the time Harwood gives up the ghost. Max lived for four or five weeks, which was unusual, but nothing compared to Marigold. At the time Vega ate ambrosia, Marigold was still alive and she lived for at least a week more. Silver and Dennis stuck around for a while too, for many weeks after Bill and Dudley passed away (they were pretty much on schedule).

And yes, I kind of fell in love with Sheila's looks. She definitely got the best of her parents.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
Sheila is simply gorgeous. I've never seen a Drudge child look so lovely.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #56 on: March 31, 2013, 04:03:31 AM »
Ugh, discipline. So often it gets in my way. In this case it did fit the story though.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »

Aw, Shelia grew up so lovely! I hope her and Screwtape will make an adorable nooboo! Wait, getting ahead of myself here. Little Screwtape is only a child and already I'm wondering who he'll pair up with.  :P

Offline ArianaJade

• Immortal
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2013, 06:40:45 AM »
I don't think I've commented on this yet! Sheila is lovely, although I can't stop myself pronouncing everything she says in an Australian accent in my head. I also can't wait to see who Screwtape marries. I love how there's always so much original townie blood on your dynasties.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2013, 09:17:19 AM »
Sheila is simply gorgeous. I've never seen a Drudge child look so lovely.

Me neither. Drudge children usually aren't ugly (though Eva has a way of passing down her nose), but Sheila's still pretty exceptional. She's one of my favorite live-ins now.

Ugh, discipline. So often it gets in my way. In this case it did fit the story though.

It really got in the way for Sheila. She spent her teen years skipping school to paint because I feared that Eva would die before I had a painter, and the adults of the house didn't like that at all. I usually don't mind the punishment system, but it got a little too far for Sheila. Now she sneaks around everywhere into her adulthood, which is either annoying or hilarious.

Aw, Shelia grew up so lovely! I hope her and Screwtape will make an adorable nooboo! Wait, getting ahead of myself here. Little Screwtape is only a child and already I'm wondering who he'll pair up with.  :P

Nothing wrong with speculation. They both have very good genes on them, after all.

I don't think I've commented on this yet! Sheila is lovely, although I can't stop myself pronouncing everything she says in an Australian accent in my head. I also can't wait to see who Screwtape marries. I love how there's always so much original townie blood on your dynasties.

Heh.

The potential spouse list for Screwtape was much longer than anyone but me realizes. At one point, every original townie who started out as a teen or younger was on it, as well as all of France, all three of the Jones-Brown girls, a few University students, all but one of Harwood's daughters, Sofia Carlton (turned into a fairy after day one), and of course, Sheila.

I love having original townie blood, but it's definitely a challenge to keep a steady supply of it with a broken story progression. I'm glad others appreciate my efforts. It will make for some interesting immortals even late into the game (if everything goes to plan).

Update later today, maybe. I missed yesterday because I was out-of-state for Easter with my family, and driving to Connecticut from somewhere close to the New Hampshire border is worse than I remembered (worth it for family and desserts, though). But as a teaser, someone takes up the challenge of beating Justin from the Claviculas for their number of children (for reference, Justin had eight children). And they wield a chainsaw.