Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65847 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
The Ironstar Immortals: Welcome Back to 2013, Baby!
« Reply #225 on: December 14, 2019, 10:39:43 PM »
…[stumbles into the room] so you know this decade's obsession with nostalgia, right?

Okay so I don’t think most of my readers from back in the day are here, thanks to the passage of time, so who’s nostalgia even is this? A recap before you think I’m making you read this whole thread:

Some player named Trip decided to try an immortal dynasty again for the seventh or eighth time in Twinbrook. A spare named Sheila angsted over her place in life and also not getting to be Gen 2’s wife. Still my fave spare though. Her son was the father of Gen 5, Heathcliff, and on the day of Heathcliff’s birth, Sheila (now dead) ate some ambrosia that I left out and I failed the dynasty. Tried to write up to the point of failure but wasn’t feeling it.

Oh wait did I summarize that already? Whatever.

But, sick! Tight! Not really though because this story was also kind of bad. (Not to performatively self-deprecate or insult the youths but I wrote this dynasty when I was 18, of course it’s bad!) It’s been hard to revisit this dynasty between the writing and how I interacted with my readers, because a lot of it comes off as rude and self-centered now. But I did it because I had to...and yeah it means a new Ironstar immortal dynasty or two. I secretly missed these guys for six years and wanted to do so many spinoffs ok-

Get to the points already!

1. Heathcliff and Sheila get to found one immortal dynasty apiece, so it's officially a duel. Currently going through some drastic restructuring on plans after Heathcliff’s disastrous test run and Sheila’s storyline being kind of out there and maybe in need of honest opinions. So I don’t have a time estimate on when this will get done but it’s my main project of the now (RIP regular decadynasty updates, I was just getting a little stressed out from Gen 5 there and needed a break)

2. Alright alright I’ll actually write up to the point of failure if only because the new dynasties won’t make sense if I don’t. Sheila needs to face her sins and by that, I mean that she needs a big hug. I’m mostly good about saving my screenshots and saves and thankfully nothing’s lost from the Ironstar archives. So, in theory, none of this should be hard, except for remembering what story I intended to tell. Honestly, I have no clue these days! And I guess I’ll put something else here soon!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Welcome Back to 2013, Baby!
« Reply #226 on: December 16, 2019, 12:11:18 AM »
!!! I just finished reading this and I have so many feelings and opinions and to spare you the long rambling comment, I'll just say that you make the most good looking male sims! And also write amazing characters with wonderful, interesting plots, but I'm a deeply shallow person and I have my priorities. I'm not really that into the male sims much, I love me the ladies, but Samhain and Hephaestus (I think that was his name? The beautiful Bayless Waverly) are gorgeous! I'm in awe!

Granted, everyone is beautiful (see, shallow) in the house. I love how interesting your Sims turn out. You have a wonderful eye for...breeding? That's intended as a compliment, I swear. I'm really looking forward to the rivalry and I'll probably end up rooting for everyone hot.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #227 on: December 16, 2019, 08:46:36 AM »
@Chubling hey thanks! And you're the first person ever to put "beautiful" and "Bayless" together but Hephaestus had luck on his side. He and Samhain are in the club of never passing down their good looks but I had the chance to have Samhain stick around forever and remind me of his mother. (though Beck was more my type and I have no idea if her looks will ever quit now that her grandson might get a new life) I actually liked the spouse I had picked out for Heathcliff but I'm not entirely sure about what I had planned for the last two. Ayyyyy side quest time! Answered my questions and everything. I still have all my saves so I grabbed the one from right before Sheila decided to be naughty.

Heathcliff had two options, even if they were both sisters: Terra and Ruth Whelohff. They were teens when he was born but the Ironstars were all about older spouses. And their ancestry was Sinbad Rotter and Zo Whelohff as grandparents, and Harold Assange (original uni student we’ve already moved in) as their dad.

At the time I favored Ruth (I also think she was the younger/safer choice of the two) but in hindsight I like Terra's features more and that red hair from Sinbad too. I might have let Heathcliff decide for himself.

Gen 6 would have had to choose between two half brothers. Their common father was Terry A. Keyes (one of the original homeless townies in Twinbrook). First one is the son of Bunny Curious, second is the son of Pansy Prudence. One of them was named Chris but I forget which. I was going to clone Mr. Prudence with the science skill, and that was favorable since I had trouble curing vampires like Mr. Curious on my old laptop (thought it was bugged but it turns out that it just took forever to remove the vampire "outfit", it's a much shorter process now) but never say never.

And for ages I forgot who I had saved for Gen 7’s babydaddy but apparently it was going to be Jerrod Greenwood, the son of Emerald Greenwood and Justin Kayes. He was stuck as a young adult werewolf (I had to switch to his house and manually transform him back to human for this shot, he was truly stuck otherwise) and I forgot that he was cute! As in super-smushy looking. Both of his ‘rents had really chubby faces.

Nothing's a spoiler if it never happened…this would have given me a final immortal with an "original townie quotient" of 16! That's calculated only by giving one point for each original townie ancestor. Parents of original townies don't count, and half a point is deducted for each instance of consanguinity (a.k.a. the nice way of saying you married your cousin), though I would have avoided the issue here entirely. Many thanks to Wei Keane, Goodwin Goode, Jenni Jones-Brown, Harwood Clay, Julienne Knack, Shamus and Eva Drudge, Amy Bull, Marc Brandt, Sinbad Rotter, Zo Whelohff, Harold Assange, Terry A. Keyes, Pansy Prudence (or Bunny Curious?), Emerald Greenwood, and Justin Kayes. And the Waverlys beat them by a surprisingly thin margin, at an OT Quotient of 19.5. Maybe one day I'll revisit that one too...

Also some other things of interest.

Photos taken moments before disaster- (and my content’s gone oh no!)

I guess Sheila wasn’t the only ghost who was ready to misbehave. Also, I checked everyone’s ages and moodlets and Samhain is the guilty immortal who forgot to eat his ambrosia. My only pet theory is that he got distracted by another ghost, which of course was a really common occurrence downstairs.

Finally, everyone had inventories that were filled to the point of causing lag (Alhena had nearly 1,500 units of scrap in her pocket!) and Screwtape had an old photobooth picture from his university days. Why am I feeling something now? :’(

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #228 on: December 16, 2019, 12:31:42 PM »
I have a working memory in the bottom 3% of the population. I remember so very little, but I will never forget the beautiful Bayless. I love unique looking sims and I've seen some Bayless babies before. They never turn out like some ethereal swamp fae. And he's one of like...3 maybe 4 male sims I thought was legit good-looking.

I'm also sad Terra never got to be a spouse. I love her nose! Though both those girls needed some eyebrow assistance.

That would have been an impressive townie count! You are so good at it! Also, you should for sure, absolutely, very much consider bringing back the Waverlys! Such a wonderful cast and who can resist a disaster lesbian in a vintage dress?

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: New-ish Chapter 12/17
« Reply #229 on: December 17, 2019, 08:12:00 PM »

“And what’s your excuse for staying out late this time?”

The both of them were out of the house doing their jobs. Samhain always said that he had the excuse of darkness. After all, his illusions looked more real when performed beneath the veil of night. And Alhena had no excuse except that she would work during the day if she didn’t have to go to school.

“C’mon dad, I just don’t wanna be here all the time.” Alhena wasn’t turning into a nice kid, until she had to beg at her parents’ feet. And that was also questionable. “You know the only good person in this house is Uncle Harold and that’s only when compared to you guys, so I’m kinda tired of it.”

“I don’t hate Harold either, he keeps my own dad out of my hair,” Samhain said quietly. “But listen...we’re a bizarre family, and it’s hard for me to know that everyone’s safe.”

“Then tell Marco to get his butt back home. His stupid baby isn’t that important anyways,” she said.

“His what?”

Aaaaaaaand he’s gonna be out cold for the whole day,” Alhena muttered to herself. She had to admit that it was funny.

Maybe Samhain would wake up and think that Alhena was pulling an elaborate joke. And the tales about how Twinbrook has always been a suspicious, dangerous town at night would flood forth again. She would have loved to prank him with that, but she’d rather that Marco James Drudge pranked her too instead of breaking her teenage heart a little.

Why was she even surprised? He was a lot older than her and went to school with other girls when he was a kid and before she was even born. Amelia Prudence mostly ignored him, even if Marco insisted otherwise.

She wasn’t even that ugly, even with her dour face, but she was ugly in Alhena’s heart. Marco’s only good move was never bringing her to the house.

And yes, according to Twinbrook city records, little Daria was his daughter. He still could go days or weeks without seeing her, or Amelia for that matter, and hid from Alhena a lot afterwards. She didn’t want to hurt him, though, even if his genes were wasted on Daria.

Even if they got together, would he treat their own family that way? It wasn’t like Grandma Vega would let him move out, even as opinions in the household soured like pickles. She never kicked out his mother, for instance. Or Alhena’s own mother, if she had to admit it.

She could only guess why they didn’t get along. Supposedly she and Marco’s mum didn’t either, and Beck taunted Sheila to her grave. In fact, Alhena ended up watching it. It was at one of her birthday parties.

The only comfort was Uncle Harold Assange telling her that nothing stays the same. And him in general, since he was more calm than any Ironstar. He moved halfway across the country to live with the family, and Sheena would find a younger man after he died. Sheena rolled her eyes and kissed his cheek instead. Harold gave Marco and Amelia a few years, tops, together.

But then again, Harold said that he went to university with a ton of other students and Alhena could not relate. She could always count her classmates on one hand but the guy who asked her to prom also graduated.

Aunt Carisa was nice...and that was all Alhena could say about her. What said more was how they always ended up being chaperoned by Carisa’s elderly mother and aunt instead of anyone closer to their age. Carisa asked about the other Ironstars but Alhena pretended to not hear the question.

And there was Fred. He babysat for the Whelohffs and believed the property tax evasion conspiracy. The Ironstars did that too, but they were different. Same went for Marco not paying child support.

Actually, Fred was kind of fun. He liked staying out past curfew and skipping class and sleeping in on the weekends. Most of that was only in theory, but they weren’t friends out of obligation. In fact, Vega would have had a fit if she learned that she didn’t know his family from the old days of Twinbrook. In secret, Alhena loved to hear the stories of Marco’s grandparents, but she never met any of them. Things could have a meaning to Vega but it didn’t mean that anyone had to understand it either.

There was one night where they reclined in the hot tub at the city pool’s secret basement, and Alhena even put her arm around him. She was bored! It wasn’t going to last and Fred would easily break it off if she asked, albeit with some crying.

She also lied to him about Samhain, close-by and with a martini in hand. She couldn’t be his daughter...did she look grey to him? Clearly she looked more like the bartender, her actual aunt Suzanne. That night she also learned that Fred would believe any lie but also was colorblind.

“...just remember that we are weird, and my grandmother will smear the name of anyone so long as she benefits,” Samhain said to Fred. “But...I’m glad you’re nice, and I’m not the one who sows discord among mortals.”

“So you are immortal! And Alhena's father!”

“It's funny how that happens, isn't it? Imagine who else from my species could be walking among us, looking just like us...”

Alhena may have made Fred believe that he was going to be there to witness immortality inside the house, though she never invited him over either. But she repeated the mantra to her dad, during dinner and the like: she wasn’t going to be with him, but she wouldn’t hurt him either. Somehow Samhain and Fred were becoming close friends.

“Fred? Fred’s face is like pudding, and the gross instant one at that,” said Vega one dinner. “We can talk about this at your ceremony, Samhain.”

“Okay, so do we do goddess worship or not, that’s my question.” Alhena looked through the monument of teeth that Vega erected. Her great-grandmother seemed to worship at its altar, and was the only one who seemed connected to it at all.

“I think the question gets answered when I become immortal,” said Samhain. “It’s a lovely symbol, considering our sharp teeth, but Vega doesn’t say anything about where we come from. We shouldn’t think of ourselves as that special--”

“Alright, so get off Marco’s back then.” Alhena wanted to shove her father, but he was too strong for it. “You can’t just say that and keep trashing one family because you think they’re cursed or whatever. Grandma Vega is at least honest.”

“I just want to care about everyone’s safety, I say it every day. My mother and your mother are also mortals, and I know they’re smart enough to see trouble...whatever it may be. And Grandma Vega has kept the Drudges from this line for long enough already.”

“Yeah, but what if she approves of this? I know she does. What if she's playing the waiting game and waiting for the look on your face when I marry Marco James Drudge and you can’t do anything about it!”

“Please do it after your mother is gone,” Samhain whimpered. “I don’t know if she can take it. You might be my daughter with an eternity of choices, but she’s my mortal.”

“Yeah...I don’t know why she can’t see that y’all married older spouses, but yeah.”

Alhena liked being by her lonesome after Samhain left. Her young adult birthday approached and if she could seduce Marco, then all the two of them had to do was break up with someone else. And that had to be the easy part.

Well, other than growing up. That didn’t involve any crying or custody arrangements, and there was cake too.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #230 on: December 17, 2019, 08:22:06 PM »
I have a working memory in the bottom 3% of the population. I remember so very little, but I will never forget the beautiful Bayless. I love unique looking sims and I've seen some Bayless babies before. They never turn out like some ethereal swamp fae. And he's one of like...3 maybe 4 male sims I thought was legit good-looking.

I'm also sad Terra never got to be a spouse. I love her nose! Though both those girls needed some eyebrow assistance.

That would have been an impressive townie count! You are so good at it! Also, you should for sure, absolutely, very much consider bringing back the Waverlys! Such a wonderful cast and who can resist a disaster lesbian in a vintage dress?

Man stop tempting to me to do more Bayless genetic experiments...I did another genetic remix of Tay and Hannah that gave me one boy with Tay's eyes and nose but Hannah's facial structure and lips. I forgot the screenshots but what could have been was still pretty good! I truly don't believe that any EA-made sim is a complete genetic waste. You just have to hope for the best features to get isolated.

I love that Whelohff nose and may be one of the only ones who do with you. One day I'll get an immortal with it. :'( The Waverlys didn't but if I pick it back up again, I get to follow the mortals with the nose for awhile (the nose died out eventually but the line stuck around 'til the bitter end). A curious thought!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: New-ish Chapter 12/18
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2019, 02:35:11 PM »

Age treated Alhena well, as it slimmed out her face and plumped up her lips. Wearing makeup looked less ridiculous, as she reached for her mother’s favorite shade of warm, glossy pink. And while she would one day grow old and look ridiculous in it, her skirts could get as short as she could bear them to be. No one else could stop her.

But while her lips were plump and her eyes were round, they were the only parts of Alhena that were. It was all grandpa Screwtape’s fault! The skinny chef! If he couldn’t get fat off steak and frites or creme brulee, there was no hope for her either.

Earlier, Samhain had a cool machine delivered to him. It could pump up his muscles for a few days at a time, but Alhena found the fat setting that he dared not to touch. She wasn’t fat at all, but at least her clothes weren’t hanging off her like curtains either.

Alhena graduated in the winter, which would have affected her university application if she actually wanted to go. Instead, she wanted the birthday vacation that Screwtape and Samhain bragged about from their youth. Screwtape went to France, Samhain went to China, and both of them got engaged there too. Why not Egypt then? Marco wouldn’t pull out a ring, most likely, but they could have fun and share a kiss in some old pharaoh’s tomb.

Marco James aged up to adult sometime before Alhena’s birthday. She couldn’t help but adore his cleaner hairstyle and even the new lines on his face. It made it look less chubby, anyways. He must have run to the library just to see her. Why else would a hug be involved?

Inventing was easy for her...seduction was harder. Except to Fred somehow, but she hadn’t called him in weeks.

“Al Simhara...that’s all I have to say actually,” said Alhena.

“Don’t you have to sleep in a tent there?” Marco asked.

“Why, do you sleep naked or something?”

“No...not always...but it’s hot and sandy and I need good lumbar support now and--”

“So we’ll get an air mattress, but c’mon, my mum and dad got their steamy trip to China after he graduated. I’m not even asking for that.”

Marco smirked. “I mean, nothing’s impossible.”

They didn’t smooch in the library right on cue, but Alhena and Marco James had dinner at the bistro a few nights later. The mood lighting was impeccable, and the risotto too gluey, but that was what a refund was for.

“Alright, I think a vacation with you would be really nice,” said Marco. “Even if we have to sleep in a tent.”

“And steal ancient treasures,” said Alhena.

He cringed. “Yeah...you can do that one without me.”

“Rawr I’m the scary sphinx monster!”

“We’re not even going to the sphinx!”

Alhena’s real destination was the Temple of Queen Hapshepsut. She had to respect a female pharaoh whose name was still remembered by history. And that stopped when she learned about all the gold in there! Alhena’s electronics wouldn’t work or even be invented without it.

She led the way, but after some back-and-forth, Marco decided that he would follow her into discomfort. For crappy tents, crappy food, and the possibility of death without becoming a cool mummy.

For Alhena, she had day of marveling at royal rooms and disarming traps with her nimble fingers. Her pockets grew heavy with gold and gems and at first, Marco didn’t get in her way.

Until he did.

“MARCO JAMES DRUDGE YOU IDIOT!”

“But...I’m just gonna pass through this path.” He just walked behind the trap.

Alhena wrapped him in a hug. “Yeah, I guess we’ll be fine. Maybe Vega’s species doesn’t actually burn or something.”

“It sucks for me, doesn’t it?”

“Yeah...it would really suck.”

The two of them then drew the other one into a kiss. Flames smoldered behind them, but everything would be fine, even the tears of the elders when they came home. Oh was Alhena trying to prepare a story in her head, and a promise to not tell her mother until later. But truly no one could tell on them deep in the queen’s temple…

...or so the story went in her head.

Bonus shot: EA had fun with the Mouth Depth/Mouth Corner Depth slider in Twinbrook and I ended up getting the perfect screenshot to illustrate it (our control in the center...otherwise known as a normal Greenwood kid):

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #232 on: December 19, 2019, 12:02:16 AM »
Man stop tempting to me to do more Bayless genetic experiments...

Okay. But hear me out. What if you do more Bayless genetic experiments.

I think my favorite sims (looks wise) are the ones that come together in a surprising way. It's always fun to see features work together in a way you don't expect. And anyone who can't appreciate the magnificence of the Whelohff nose is missing out. I will love big noses. I'm basically doing my next Dynasty attempt in moonlight falls for Hetal Anjali and her nose. I mean, other reasons, but mostly that.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #233 on: December 19, 2019, 07:01:20 AM »
Man stop tempting to me to do more Bayless genetic experiments...

Okay. But hear me out. What if you do more Bayless genetic experiments.

I think my favorite sims (looks wise) are the ones that come together in a surprising way. It's always fun to see features work together in a way you don't expect. And anyone who can't appreciate the magnificence of the Whelohff nose is missing out. I will love big noses. I'm basically doing my next Dynasty attempt in moonlight falls for Hetal Anjali and her nose. I mean, other reasons, but mostly that.

Moonlight Falls might be Sheila's top pick for starting over too...::) (I love the town and I'm looking at towns I've tried but not succeeded at dynasties in, though there's always the possibility I just send her back to the good ol' days of Twinbrook) I overlooked Hetal at first and household space is at a premium, but I noticed that Moonlight Fall's homeless children and teens kind of stay in stasis until you actually meet them, most likely in school. It's not like they can be assigned jobs or anything.

Oh and while townie ghosts are extremely difficult to work with because they can't age up whilst inactive and just disappear instead, local ghost Violet Slymer has my favorite nose in Moonlight Falls. It looks like something out of a work of art. I actually tried to base Vega off her, even if she ended up as the discount version of Violet. The best way to make me notice a face is to call it "cursed". It worked for Violet (thanks to this life states dynasty by fanofaband) and it worked for the big nose carrier we can all travel to get, Imsety Amin. He's a kid in Egypt, Gen 6's spouse in Turoskel's For Eternity (of course afflicted by Photobucket's nasty new policies-) where I first learned about him, and also ended up fathering kids around town in my decadynasty. Here's one of his grandsons who didn't make it.

And the cool part is that you get to control when you travel and when to start the clock on a world...maybe not when travel stops working in a dynasty, but the rest of it. For when your other fave nose passes on.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
« Reply #234 on: December 19, 2019, 12:05:20 PM »
Violet! She also had a wonderful nose. I wish ghost kids were easier to tell which features they got.

I have a list of the townies I really want to and keep the features of and I forever have the problem of having a million woman who's faces I love and much fewer dudes with features I'm as into. Though there is a babysitter I wanna keep my eyes on. He's got a magnificent jaw.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #235 on: December 29, 2019, 11:34:11 PM »

Well blow me down! Are you doing brand new Ironstar competing dynasties?? What a blast from the past, I remember these guys.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2019, 11:28:40 AM »

Well blow me down! Are you doing brand new Ironstar competing dynasties?? What a blast from the past, I remember these guys.

I am doing new ones! If Heathcliff can actually get his act together anyways. Master of Romance is a fun LTW but not when you're also engaged and a celebrity (clearly I had forgotten how much of a pain that feature was, 0/10). Sheila's half hasn't been started yet but I do have a plan in mind that I'm confident about (with exactly one risk taken) which I never thought would happen. Even have most of the names planned out, though I feel like that might be a bad omen now...

Hey thanks for remembering! I wouldn't fault anyone for having no memories of one individual story from 2013 (the dynasty golden age just sayin', so obviously there's a lot to have to catalog) but it's a nice surprise. ;)

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: New-ish Chapter 12/31
« Reply #237 on: December 31, 2019, 07:03:59 PM »
What used to bother Samhain about getting older started to become a little less of a worry. He ended up reading the inspirational stories of 80 year-old marathon runners or just noticed that he wasn’t the oldest man at the gym. His good looks might fade, but that was an abstract thought and Samhain cared about exercise the most anyways, or third-most…

...his daughter coming back home in time for his birthday second-most…

...and his wife still being there first and foremost. Underwear required!

“Wife of my offspring, please get your everyday clothes on…”

But then the reality set in for Samhain that his good looks would fade! Abstract no more! Vega and Screwtape never seemed too bothered about it, but they admitted that he had the better-looking mortal parent. And who said that the monster or elf or vampire that birthed Vega looked good?

Beck didn’t mind much at all, and told Samhain to work on cardio and calisthenics.

---

Samhain stood at the teeth like two other immortals before him. Vega was running late, but in that snowy weather, he wasn’t surprised. It gave him more time to think of questions for her, or how to word them inoffensively.

“Traffic...who actually drives in Twinbrook?” She mumbled. “Fine, get your questions out of the way. I never expected your dad to think much about this.”

“Are we supposed to worship this? Alhena was wondering.”

“No, there was a goddess of teeth long ago, that’s it,” said Vega. “No one’s even thought of it for centuries now. But this stupid statue just appeared here one day and I’m pretty sure I can blame my uncle for it. Not like you ever need to meet him.”

“That’s...fine. Alhena was wondering,” Samhain said.

“If all goes well, the girl can ask them herself, thank you.”

Samhain blinked. “What are you trying to tell me?”

“I’ve filled her in on everything! Stop worrying about her and Marco. I have everything under control and no mortal needs to have it instead.” Vega’s voice never sounded so unleashed in its anger. She was a grumpy soul for as long as Samhain knew her, of course, but what happened to restraint? The only other time she got so emotional was when someone died, so there was some mortal in control.

“Excuse me, I still married Beck,” he said. “Even if you had the nerve to arrange it for me.”

“Please, you were ogling her since you learned how to use your eyes.”

“Fine.”

It was an awkward ride home for the both of them. Vega at the wheel, and Samhain sinking further into the upholstery of the motive mobile’s seats. As much as Beck might have been pushed onto him, even as perfect as it ended up being, Vega didn’t have an actual talk with him about it. She was losing the grip fast, or was just an adaptable genius. Both scared him a little!

“Look, you’re still gonna get your ambrosia. Let’s just keep this one from Screwtape,” Vega said.

“Agreed.”

“Oh my god, did we miss a photo?” Samhain asked. The rest of his museum was complete and beautiful, entirely to the credit of mortal artists like Sheila, Clarissa, and Beck. And sadly, Marco too. Samhain’s dad was getting to be a good painter, but even he stood on the shoulders of a handful of giants.

“I’m sure Sheila was busy then,” said Vega, trailing behind them. Screwtape patiently waited at the table, and Samhain hoped to see the other walls filled one day. At least Alhena’s was looking nice, thanks to Marco. How often would he have to say that again?

The immortals found a way to 3D print food, which was pretty impressive. Alhena would love to hear about that, or invent something like it herself, but Samhain decided to keep it as a surprise for later.

“I’m gonna warn you, it tastes nasty,” said Vega.

“Nah, I had stinky tofu when I went to China! I’m prepared for this,” said Samhain. The table was quiet that evening, but it could change. They had eternity for breaking down all of their youthful awkwardness.

And Samhain was a little underwhelmed, but at least he had a cool story to tell his wife.

Happy Brew Year to all my fellow gamers.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: New-ish Chapter 4/11
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2020, 05:31:30 PM »
Alhena bought the land around a small fishing hole in the swamp. She could have afforded any real estate investment but the further away her land, the further away anyone else was. “For experiments,” she told her parents. They believed her when they saw a flash of dynamite in the night sky. Who showed her dynamite anyways?

If dynamite made Samhain forget about everything else in Alhena’s life, she’d take it!

The thing that made her tick the most was...well those tomb traps in Egypt wouldn’t leave her memory any time soon. But the other thing was of course, being found.

So Alhena built herself a cabin, kept warm by a wood stove during that nigh-endless winter. Her fingers ached from all the building and screwing on bolts and fine mechanical movements. Grandma Vega also had her replace the PSU on the family’s sole computer. Alhena worked hard. She worked harder than any Ironstar on one single task. Screwtape’s graffiti was a hobby. Samhain’s sim fu was a hobby, and one only for him trips to China to boot.

She worked harder, and the results showed in fine little Newton’s cradles and talking toys that Marco liked to play with. But they sold at craft shops and conventions well too. And yet, all the other Ironstars wanted to focus on her personal life or her attitude instead. There was no other place to be alone.

And before she could install a lock on the door, not even the cabin was safe.

“Alright, you know why I’ve done this,” Alhena said to Marco.

“It’s a nice cabin,” he said. “But it’s really cold outside and I don’t know why you tolerate that.”

“Then shut up and warm yourself up!”

“You’re right, I will.”

“You should have kissed me in Egypt, you moron,” she said.

“Aww, was there a deadline?”

“Yeah...but you got one day left on it.”

Alhena would be kidding herself if she said that Marco was a great kisser. Especially for a guy who had a kid of his own. But in a town that she kept feeling out of place in, Marco was like her just by being weird, creative, and trapped in the same house. Why was that so rare anyways? Even her aunt Carisa could move anywhere she wanted to, but Alhena wouldn’t leave that creepy mansion either if given the chance.

Aunt Vega knew some repulsive people too. Alhena wasn’t going to listen to her if it meant marrying Giuseppe Curious, yuck! So because of that, her mum and dad could shove it.

“Can I make one call?” Marco whispered to her. And not in a sexy way.

“Whatever.”

It went to voicemail. “Hey Uncle Harold, just tell the family I’m...uh...busy with Amelia! That’s what. I’m definitely not cheating on her.”

“What a thing to bond over,” Alhena muttered.

Of course, Harold Assange never picked up his phone.

It was the end of an era. Vega didn’t have any more plans to revitalize the population of Twinbrook. “My work stops somewhere,” she said, probably lowering her sunglasses while relaxing in the family’s hot tub. ”I’m trying to use my clairvoyance for other means now. Is that so bad, Screwtape?”

So when it came to love, Alhena and Marco had to make up for quite a few men. A toast to Harold and all who came before him.

---

Alhena and Marco still had other relationships to end. Maybe that was what worried Samhain the most. He wasn’t a man for inflicting pain. Even martial arts was nothing more than a sport to him. One of his former opponents in China sprained her wrist and he felt awful about it. Ambrosia actually did a lot for his sports injuries, but it wasn’t an option for anyone else.

And nothing could heal a broken heart. Which made him worry about whenever Beck’s last day was, but beyond her…

...well, he worried for Marco’s daughter a lot. She was growing like a weed and also deserved a better family life.

Unfortunately the new lovebirds started to get a little more public. It was still too cold for the town’s pool to have many visitors, but that was public enough for Samhain to hear some stories from his sister-in-law. And somehow she didn’t care that much at all? Didn’t she know that Samhain was still friends with that guy that Alhena went to high school with--

“Oh yeah, I know it’s been a while and you had a lot of fun in Egypt,” Fred said. “I didn’t even think about that.”

“Yeah, I’m sorry I forgot about you too,” she said.

“I know there’s gonna be a serious conversation here…”

Alhena gulped. For once, that kid could read her like a book. And she had some nice memories about her last year of high school. They took chemistry together and aced every lab assignment, considering that Fred did all the write-ups. Not her strong spot; she would definitely rely on a future immortal to write her memoirs or sing her fame.

But of course, that was all in the past…

“What? I get to join your immortal army?” Fred couldn’t even breathe when he saw the ring that Alhena picked out.

“No, not the immortal part! The part where you sculpt me but make it look like I actually have boobs,” said Alhena. “The important stuff.”

“Yes, I’ll do the important stuff!”

Samhain had no words when she came home with the news. Of course, his wife said the important things instead. “You’re setting him up just to embarrass him. Even I have standards, and I let your dad promise me that he’d marry me when he was a kid.” Alhena just shrugged.

“Yeah, and I barely thought of Marco like that. Someone’s gotta balance this out.”

For once, Marco was being the responsible adult. Maybe the years on Alhena that he amassed had finally caught up with him…

...or not.

In the end, Samhain was blessed with a perfect marriage. And if his daughter pulled two men into that trainwreck, then there was nothing he could say to her that would stop it. That train’s brakes failed aged ago.

If anything, maybe she would insist on a longer engagement than they did. Not like Samhain regretted Rebecca. Not even for a moment.

Hey Trip how're the new dynasties going-- [muffles with handkerchief] Shhhh...not now young padawan. I'm baking sourdough instead. Sorry for the delay here. There are a few chapters of content left and I did finish one generation of one dynasty (Heathcliff gets to come first, Ironstars beat the Drudges again!) and Sheila is becoming a victim of wild perfectionism again but ya know...that's nothing new...

I am a little surprised that I ended pollination there because I definitely had room for at least one other guy (even with Beck alive I'd have room for one more) but was probably running out of women aside from foreign ones. Which were increasingly becoming just a collection of Screwtape's foreign children so ugh! He hadn't descended upon China though so who knows. I didn't wanna travel.

So yeah I definitely lifted a few beats from this to construct Tegan's story in Eight Ways to Live Forever, which is 100% probably my worst plotline ever put on the interwebs and was rightfully roasted (in the way you can roast a sims story, we're all very spoiled). I'm definitely running on empty with this one too, just due to forgetting all my original ideas, but I forgot that Alhena being a cruel person leading on a hapless Fred was what the whole point was. It's alright to be a bad immortal! And sometimes it's wrong to be a good one. Pour one out for the cruel, mischievous Tegan that never was because I chose goody two-shoes traits.

Offline Chubling

• Occult
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: New-ish Chapter 4/11
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2020, 09:18:24 PM »
I can't get over how stunning Alhena turned out! I mean, I feel like with her parents, the deck was a bit stacked, but still. Worth that whole horrifying childhood mouth trauma. And really, I don't think anyone that hot doesn't end up just a touch evil. I'm pretty sure that's science. And poor, sweet Fred thinks he lucked out.

Also, can I say with all sincerity, I am so envious if Tegan's plot is the worst story line you've put out on the internet. I feel wildly confidant that 11 year old Chubling has put plots out on the world wide web that should never be spoken of. Raised by wolves comes to mind. In a setting with dragons. Where other humans could read them with their real human eyeballs. Tegan is at least setting appropriate!

I love Marco's daughter. She looks so uptight and stern! Like a teenage schoolmarm.