Author Topic: The Ironstar Immortals: The Final Update 12/14  (Read 65846 times)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
  • Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Bowling Face (4/3)
« Reply #75 on: April 04, 2013, 01:19:45 PM »
Rotten Peach:

I agree with you, Trip. Sinbad is really something... :P
I'll be glad if I had him in my game! Definitely I will do something to him muahahaha..

Screwtape looks not bad either. He still adorable and kinda cute.

For his YA look, hmm... I can't say, something kinda missing from him.

Graffiti

Haha, Screwtape pose is... funny. That screenie make me laugh when I see him.

Bowling Face

Oh, noes! RIP Shamus :(
“Sometimes the little things in life mean the most.” ― Ellen Hopkins

My Stories:
1. The Demosthenes Immortal Dynasty: Kev's Corner #08 - Thankful (31/12/13)
2. The Goode-Rotter's Life Story: Case Eleven - Signs of Love (27/12/13)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Vega's Last Candles (4/4)
« Reply #76 on: April 04, 2013, 01:49:49 PM »
Dying when they're being romantic...that is just the worst. At the very least Eva and Sheila got to be with Shamus at the end...but still, how terribly heartbreaking. :(

And I didn't get to fulfill Sheila's wish to become friends with Shamus. It's too bad; he strikes me as the guy who would make a great father and I almost wish that the Drudges could have been a more normal family.

I can't believe it's already time for Vega to turn elder.  She still seems so young.

I've had to deal with her as an elder for over four game-weeks in my game, so I guess I'm a little more used to it. She's the least-elderly-looking elder I've had, though. Her face just doesn't show wrinkles.

Hehe, Screwtape's bowling face it awesome, and the girl with him is quite stunning. Poor Vega, knowing Wei can't live much longer. They seem like such a sweet couple. I'm not sure why some dynasty spouses are harder or easier to lose, but I think Wei is going to be a hard one to say good bye to.

The first dynasty spouse is always the hardest to lose. The furthest I got was seeing generation two's spouse die in an earlier attempt, and I didn't really miss him.

Muahaha, it's Angelique! Goode, Goode. (Too corny! Ack!)

But if I married everyone I went bowling with, I'd be a polygamist! Angelique is quite nice, though.

It is allways so sad when a townie dies, but at least he died with his family. Screwtapes bowling face, Its funny and awesome at the same time.

Even if you don't see them die, it's still sad. I love my townies!

Rotten Peach:

I agree with you, Trip. Sinbad is really something... :P
I'll be glad if I had him in my game! Definitely I will do something to him muahahaha..

Screwtape looks not bad either. He still adorable and kinda cute.

For his YA look, hmm... I can't say, something kinda missing from him.

Graffiti

Haha, Screwtape pose is... funny. That screenie make me laugh when I see him.

Bowling Face

Oh, noes! RIP Shamus :(

1. I think every game needs a dose of Sinbad. His traits are awful though, and he's not an ideal housemate in that regard.

2. Screwtape is full of funny faces!

3. I miss him too. He's in the public cemetery and is the most frequent haunter, so it isn't too bad.

---

Just in time, Sinbad was a masterful ice sculptor.

In spite of being an evil ball of hatred in the opinions of most people, Sinbad had a flirty side and the women of the town loved his tattoos. Especially Lolly; after all, Sinbad used to work for her family.

Vega spent the last night before her elder birthday at Willowglen Ampitheatre, renamed to Ironstar Memorial Park, and she took the rest of the family too. Wei and Screwtape bonded over a love of fire, but Wei left early due to being rather tired after work.

Screwtape and Sheila decided on a game of horseshoes together instead.

For Vega, it seemed so odd. That night, she was young auntie Vega, supervising Rebecca Knack on the spring rider.

The next night, Vega was in the same place, blowing out her last candles.

She was surrounded by so many beloved natives of the town and their children, and it was hard to believe that they all grew old. Vega wanted the joyful days of them to last forever, but that would never be the case.

All aging came with a surge of energy that managed to take some away. It was hard to envision how that could even happen, but Vega came to accept it. It was a great feeling for a moment, and alas, her last one. Hopefully ambrosia felt good too; she was so close.

“Auntie Vega's old. My go-” Susanne swallowed her cake a little too quickly. Vega loved her and saw her grow up, but she was too focused on talking with Shark, muttering about needing a new best friend.

In the following hours, everything seemed surprisingly normal. Vega posed for sculptures and portraits, and she thought she was alone when she was doing it, but Wei got a photo of her dancing in the art studio. She still hung it up on the wall.

The night took a drastic shift. Vega was ready to go into the basement for quiet reflection over a plate of well-deserved ambrosia, when she was instead startled by a low rumbling and an orchestral number; the same ones she heard in her head when Harwood was dying.

“Eva!” she yelled, but Eva was running upstairs with her, as quick as a woman in her age could be.

It was instead Wei who felt his mortality.

He looked towards the door, trying to avert his eyes from the Reaper, but accepting his presence all the same. Vega was in back of Sinbad, trying to say a good-bye to her husband.

“I wish I could live a little more to be the new CEO, but this works too,” said Wei before shaking the Reaper's hand and disappearing in an instant.

How could the timing be worse? She knew that Wei was old, but he wasn't that old. Eva, Oliver, and Marigold were all older than him and still alive.

Worst of all, it didn't feel like that long ago when they shared their first kiss in front of the diner.

This was going to take a lot out of her.

---

- I think Wei was one more work day away from becoming a CEO. So. Close. Thankfully, I changed his LTW to Culinary Librarian because it was worth more, and he completed that one shortly after his elder birthday.

- Better shots of elder-Vega post-makeover next chapter, I promise!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #77 on: April 04, 2013, 10:42:14 PM »
Screwtape and Sheila is so cute together ::)
I love to see more of them together ;D

and Sinbad! I want him! Gimme, gimme, gimme :P
I need slave some helper in my game too.

Ooohh.... why there so many Sims who passes away. I am sad... R.I.P Wei...
Nice screenie in the end, Trip. It's add more feel to this story.

My Stories:

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2013, 03:10:03 AM »
Oh :( Bye Wei. I have never played him but in your story he seemed really sweet. This sounds insensitive in this context, but wow, Sinbad is hot. I can't believe I never noticed before! Probably because I never saw him with a Trip makeover sculpting before. And of course I was always blinded to anyone but Goodwin. I still thin it's Angelique, by the way :P which is a brilliant random SP name for the daughter of a guy called Goodwin. Angelique. Brilliant.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »

Aw, I love the black and white closing photo! It's sad the Wei didn't get to see Vega achieve immortality when she was so close! I like Vega's formal wear at the birthday party, by the way. I don't think I'd noticed that before, but it really brought out the orangish bits in her hair.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Stone Jaw (4/7)
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2013, 12:25:32 AM »
Screwtape and Sheila is so cute together ::)
I love to see more of them together ;D

and Sinbad! I want him! Gimme, gimme, gimme :P
I need slave some helper in my game too.

Ooohh.... why there so many Sims who passes away. I am sad... R.I.P Wei...
Nice screenie in the end, Trip. It's add more feel to this story.

You'll just have to see what happened between Sheila and Screwtape. In time, anyways.

I don't know why I didn't use the last screenshot in an earlier chapter, but whatever the reason, I'm glad that I saved it for this one.

Oh :( Bye Wei. I have never played him but in your story he seemed really sweet. This sounds insensitive in this context, but wow, Sinbad is hot. I can't believe I never noticed before! Probably because I never saw him with a Trip makeover sculpting before. And of course I was always blinded to anyone but Goodwin. I still thin it's Angelique, by the way :P which is a brilliant random SP name for the daughter of a guy called Goodwin. Angelique. Brilliant.

Wei was definitely nice to have around, and he's a surprisingly excellent dynasty husband. He made Vega happy and that's always a good thing.

Sinbad is totally hot. I actually kept his default athletic wear, which is what he always sculpted in. Come to think of it, I didn't change much about his wardrobe. The mohawk was a must though; I love mohawks.

I would imagine that finding your favorite sim's enemy to be hot feels strange. Just embrace the dark side.

Angelique is a nice name, definitely one of story progression's better choices. Bethany and Clarissa are nice names too (And having an ABC naming theme for triplets? Couldn't have done better myself!).

Aw, I love the black and white closing photo! It's sad the Wei didn't get to see Vega achieve immortality when she was so close! I like Vega's formal wear at the birthday party, by the way. I don't think I'd noticed that before, but it really brought out the orangish bits in her hair.

I loved her formal wear too; I kept the same motif for her elder formal wear.

It made her ambrosia day a little more depressing, for sure.

As usual, I've been playing my dynasty as opposed to writing updates. I'm officially further than I've ever been in a dynasty! Generation three is a young adult now. And, of course, I have real life sometimes taking over. But I have an update tonight.

---

The time to defeat time itself was upon Vega, far sooner than she imagined. Hours after her husband passed away, Vega had to collect herself. She was close to finishing, after all, but death lingered.

In a moment of quiet reflection, it was just Vega and a stone jaw ready to eat her alive.

Most of her friends were still alive, but for how long? Even Sinbad was close to grey and elderly. She could make new friends with the children of her friends, but that would all pass. It would just be Vega, her family, and two rows of teeth.

It wasn't so much Wei's death that ate at her, but the passage of time itself. Time would eventually leave her with an empty shell of Twinbrook, seven others to remind her of it, and two rows of teeth.

It was her greatest fear.

---

On a fateful day in the mortal world, Vega was vacationing with her family, not too long before she set her mind on a dynasty. Her father was in back, deep in thought while Vega was deep in worry.

“So you're considering spending time with the catatonic plebes out there?” he asked. “Honestly, ladybug, I thought that I raised you better.”

It wasn't the catatonic plebes that attracted Vega to the cause (though she was a little more respectful to them, for sure. It wasn't their fault that they stood around inactive). She was well-read, and the library in The Void was filled with chronicles of other dynasty founders.

Their mission wasn't below her; it actually felt quite noble on the surface. The best stories were of those who succeeded, though they weren't under the power of Vega's kind. They always carried out some mission to help the unwatched sims around them, no matter how small or how unrealized. The dominion that Vega could exercise as a dynasty founder would be tremendous, far greater than anything she could do as the niece of the greatest boss in The Void. And of course, she could live forever too.

She noticed her uncle's glee when someone failed. It happened in the worst of ways to the sons of his two worst enemies: the Graves and the Claviculas. It was common knowledge that her Uncle B did some malicious work in the mortal world to take away the autonomy of unwatched sims, and the promise of being able to undo it was a way to lure in those who needed to be punished. In spite of its shiny veneer, Vega could clearly see the trap that a dynasty was when under the power of her uncle.

However, Vega was the only one who could truly succeed. Would her uncle have the heart to hold her soul for ransom if she failed? She doubted it; he wasn't a bad person in total. No matter what, she held the best chance for being what so many before her failed at. Vega had to realize that she had to be more than a weeping widow; her work was more important than she thought. Between privilege and ambition, there was no way Vega could fail unless she put her head into the stone jaw itself.

Of course, she still had to bear the pains of loss, and the thought of the end; the final steps to take after her great-great-great-great-great grandchild joined them. Those were all very bitter, but the journey was long enough for her heart to become cold to all of it. Vega saw the length of the path, and realized that it was barely tread. There were still lifetimes to live. She could do this, teeth or no teeth.

She was an old lady with no time to spare. Vega ran back home, they key to her immortality waiting for her.

The contractors were told to build a multi-story basement. The first floor was triumphant; a testament to the immortals. Vega saw a wall dedicated to her, and an even longer one to her Screwtape. The rest of the basement was dark and unfinished, though that would change in time.

It was a little more grave one floor below.

The room had red and black walls, and it was quite well-lit. The two food replicators that Wei bought were down there, holding enough memory for sixty plates of ambrosia between them. Vega needed only one for that night. They were interesting machines.

However, maybe as a source of punishment, Vega had to sit down to ambrosia in front of the memorials to her mortals; in image, in remains, or both.

She choked a bit, not expecting for the dish to taste like Sinbad's socks mixed with marshmallows and pears. Or it was too hard to properly swallow while still holding down a sob; it was her husband's cooking after all. The ghost of him still lingered in between fish and fruit.

It wasn't that bad after a while. It was great. The taste shifted to focus on the good parts of sweet life fruit and some sort of custard as the feeling of accomplishment overtook Vega. Ambrosia started to take its course; her heartbeat felt strong in her chest, and the slight fatigue from a late night disappeared. The dish gave her a new energy.

She rose as the first one. She was Vega Ironstar; the matriarch, the alchemist, and from then on, the immortal.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »
Woo! Congrats Vega!  Show your family who's boss.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:31 AM »
Interesting how you made the shark jaws sort of a metaphor for Vega's entire mission. I enjoyed the dramatic introspective nature of this...you really get a good glimpse into Vega's psyche.

Congratulations on immortal number one. :)

Offline Eldridge

• I am thou, thou art I
  • Watcher
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:41 PM »
As usual, I've been playing my dynasty as opposed to writing updates. I'm officially further than I've ever been in a dynasty

If it's in my case, I am the opposite from you. If I go to further away from actual gameplay, I am quickly lost interest in both.
That's why I can't resist to update the story when I get the screenshot from last time playing. I feel so bad somehow >_<

And, of course, I have real life sometimes taking over.
Yes, we can understand that Trip. Take your time and have fun ^_^

I'd say! That was interesting way to tell the story, Trip. Absolutely love it when I read yours.
Congratulation for the first Immortal! Welcome to Realm of Immortality, Vega Ironstar! ^^
*clap* *clap* *clap*

My Stories:

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
That sequence of Vega eating her ambrosia was (to forgive the overused term) epic. Congratulations to both of you!  ;D I'm really looking forward to reading the next phase of the story.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2013, 10:52:10 PM »

Wow, what a cool update! It's a little dark and morbid, but I completely love it! The glowing red sculptures and remains of the mortals in the ambrosia room is just . . . awesome. With her immortality, Vega must remember those who have given themselves for her cause. Congrats, Trip and Vega!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
Woo! Congrats Vega!  Show your family who's boss.

Thanks!

Interesting how you made the shark jaws sort of a metaphor for Vega's entire mission. I enjoyed the dramatic introspective nature of this...you really get a good glimpse into Vega's psyche.

Congratulations on immortal number one. :)

And to think, I chose the shark jaws because they looked cool in buy mode.

It doesn't seem right to have ambrosia time without some introspection for my dynasties. And thanks!

If it's in my case, I am the opposite from you. If I go to further away from actual gameplay, I am quickly lost interest in both.
That's why I can't resist to update the story when I get the screenshot from last time playing. I feel so bad somehow >_<
Yes, we can understand that Trip. Take your time and have fun ^_^

I'd say! That was interesting way to tell the story, Trip. Absolutely love it when I read yours.
Congratulation for the first Immortal! Welcome to Realm of Immortality, Vega Ironstar! ^^
*clap* *clap* *clap*

I like having some time to get a better perspective on what happened in a story before I post it as an update. Though I can see the reason why some people update as they go.

Thanks! Hopefully you can welcome Kev into the Realm of Immortality soon. :)

That sequence of Vega eating her ambrosia was (to forgive the overused term) epic. Congratulations to both of you!  ;D I'm really looking forward to reading the next phase of the story.

Thanks! I liked writing this chapter; it's always great when the founder gets immortalized and I think it deserves to be a bit epic.

Wow, what a cool update! It's a little dark and morbid, but I completely love it! The glowing red sculptures and remains of the mortals in the ambrosia room is just . . . awesome. With her immortality, Vega must remember those who have given themselves for her cause. Congrats, Trip and Vega!

The red sculptures aren't quite as significant as one would think; each sculpture gets a light in whatever the favorite color of the mortal was. Wei and Eva both happened to like red. I was missing Harwood's sculpture at the time, but as you might notice in the screenshots, the light above his urn (right in the center) is purple.

And while the concept of keeping the mortal remains in the ambrosia room is too cool for me to change; I have to be very careful that none of the ghosts are out when it's time for ambrosia for very obvious reasons. I try to make all ambrosia sessions in the late morning, when I know that all the ghosts are at rest.

But that's just me rambling. I'm glad you like how I set things up. And thanks!

---

I've seen generation four as a toddler. In terms of looks, I got what I wished for...sort of. She's an incredibly cute toddler, but her features are very extreme and don't translate as well to older ages.

A small tidbit of information: the longest-running family I had in the game ended at generation four's childhood. I'm almost there and it makes me super-excited! I'll update later; I've been holding off on an English essay that I should probably do. :P

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2013, 03:02:58 AM »
You are further than I've ever been either! Congratulations! That is so exciting! The shark jaws do look really cool, I don't think I've ever seen them before. And I agree that keeping the mortals in the ambrosia room is all kinds of cool. Congratulations to Vega on achieving immortality.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Eva's Last Woes (4/11)
« Reply #88 on: April 11, 2013, 06:02:55 PM »
You are further than I've ever been either! Congratulations! That is so exciting! The shark jaws do look really cool, I don't think I've ever seen them before. And I agree that keeping the mortals in the ambrosia room is all kinds of cool. Congratulations to Vega on achieving immortality.

I'm pretty sure that the shark jaws came with Seasons. They're found with scuptures in Buy Mode.

I always wanted an ambrosia room like that. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone for the 2500 views.

---

Vega was considered a queen among nerds, and as nice as it should have been, it managed only to remind her of her late husband. Still, she was given the opportunity to explore and expand her personality due to her high standing among nerds, and decided that it was time to be a harder worker. In honor of Wei, of course.

Sinbad had some more unfortunate events while out on a date with his new romance, Jade. She was able to contain her laughter, but Sinbad's humiliation prematurely ended that date.

He had to wait. Sheila wanted to celebrate her 18th birthday with some new lingerie, and she occupied the dresser when Sinbad needed it the most. She sneaked out, wanting it to be a surprise.

However, it was a decision she regretted when Screwtape spoke with her. It wasn't that he was too distracted by her corset, but he didn't notice it at all.

And Eva, the poor woman didn't know what to do with Sheila. She was a grown woman and could make her own choices, but between the garters and a flirty sense that she never even saw in Shamus, Eva could only hope that Sheila made the right decisions as a second-fiddle to the main Ironstars.

Worst of all, Eva doubted that she had much time left to make sure that Sheila made those right decisions.

She was sad that it seemed that her friend's son was better balanced than her daughter, and that nice boy was growing up. He didn't want a birthday party for some reason, and a party at two in the morning was fine for him.

No one heard his wishes, but Vega had a guess.

And as the energy overtook him, he hoped that he would quickly find what he wanted.

Vega thought it was obvious; Screwtape would seek out his closest friend, Angelique Jones-Brown and profess his love. They had a lot in common, and Angelique was always the nicest out of the triplets.

But Screwtape went to the Winter Festival and gave a bear-hug to a different sister: Clarissa.

He couldn't get over the look in her eyes; always so sweet and seemingly double-sided. She listened to Screwtape about his conspiracies and agreed with him fully; Lincoln Baker's allegiance to the fae was just another way to justify his forbidden new experiments in genetically engineering crops.

“You see, Clarissa, you are undoubtedly the most physically and mentally appealing of your sisters.”

“Man, they were right about you? Cutie-pie.”

After an early dinner, Screwtape was momentarily mesmerized. He hoped that he didn't feel different once the teen hormones wore off, but that was the moment where he first fell in love with Clarissa.

That night, Screwtape was no longer single, planting his first kiss on Clarissa after dinner, just like Vega and Wei did years before. He even offered her a spot in the household, which she graciously accepted. She heard rumors that the Ironstars had a huge art studio, and she was an artist at heart.

Screwtape wanted to go home and announce the big news, but something far more dire went on upstairs. He couldn't hear the warning signals that Vega did, but he had to let the announcement sit for a while.

His aunt Eva was feeling a little strange.

Unlike other times with other mortals, Vega remained silent with a slight pout. She still remembered the day she met Eva so clearly, and while they were never as close as Vega was to Harwood or Wei, Eva was synonymous with Twinbrook at that point for her, but she ran out of tears.

Like the others, Eva shook hands with the Reaper, thanking him for the long life.

It might have been prudent to let Sheila sob it out, but Screwtape had a different therapy for her.

“Ah yes, travel agent? When will the next flight to Champs Les Sims be boarding? Okay, I can afford that. I will have three tickets.”

---

RIP Eva. Between your many museum pieces, the moodlet manager you bought, and bearing Sheila, you were everything I wanted in a dynasty live-in and even more. :(

And I can finally stop being evasive about who Screwtape ended up with. He met up with Angelique in the morning, but they didn't pop any wishes for each other, while Screwtape almost instantly wanted to kiss Clarissa.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
Re: The Ironstar Immortals: Eva's Last Woes (4/11)
« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2013, 06:09:18 PM »
It's always best to go with the sims gut. I tried being smart once in my ID and 2 days later I had to accept that a wedding wouldn't take place (the prospective groom was bugged) and I went with the sims she'd been attracted to all along.

I'm looking forward to Screwtape traveling.

anything