Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 66781 times)

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2013, 05:36:48 PM »
CAS option: Create 2 Young Adult Sims and place them in any fresh EA designed neighborhood. The Forum’s Union Cove is also acceptable.
 Allowed life states: Human, Ghost, Witch, and Mermaid. Future bloodline heirs can be any of the above states as well as Aliens and Imaginary Friends.

When you say "2 Young Adult Sims" -- can they be married, to expedite the whole "meet someone and reproduce" aspect, or is it just two Sims with no relation to each other whatsoever?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2013, 05:43:06 PM »
That's up to you but they need to be a couple that can produce.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2013, 08:42:47 PM »
That's up to you but they need to be a couple that can produce.

Cool, thanks.

Also, we have our founders who make Heir #1, who then makes Heir #2, who makes Heir #3. Is it this point we move to the next world? Or do we make Heir #4 and then move?

And once we're in the second (or third or fourth world), do our Heirs that moved count as a generation in that world? E.G is this OK:

Founder
Heir 1
Heir 2
Heir 3
Heir 4
MOVE
Heir 4
Heir 5
Heir 6
Heir 7
MOVE?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
4 generations for each town and founders aren't included in the generation.. so yeah   Founders > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 does requirements to move > 5 > 6 > 7 > 8 does requirements to move > 9 > 10 > 11 > 12 does requirements to move > 13 > 14 > 15 > 16. 

Generations 4, 8 and 12 cannot have children before they move.  They can get married but Generation 5, 9, 13 must be born in the new town. 

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Chuckles_82

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2013, 10:57:43 PM »
Thank you for clarifying that. That was the main point that I found incredibly confusing.

One question - has anyone found/converted will-o-the-wisps? I think the spawners got broken when they introduced fireflies, due to the time that butterflies are turned off.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 01:39:17 AM »
Okay, I attempted to make a list of everything to could be considered a complete collection. Open for feedback, please.

Beetles, butterflies, elixirs, equestrian trophies (one for each type of competition), fireflies, fish, gems, inventions, metals, photographs (as in all the photos from one photo collection, e.g. Flowers and Plants), plants/produce, potions, relics (either one relic collection or all relic collections), seashells, skill certificates, space rocks, upgraded appliances.

By samoht04

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:04 AM »
What about Wildflowers and Book Genres (like one fiction, non-fiction, children's, comic, etc)?

I wonder if the various types of grapes would count independently from plants/produce (I wouldn't think so, but you never know :))

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2013, 01:56:15 AM »
Thanks for the list.  We'll get back to you on it.

When we say one complete collection - this means a collection with every item in it that's available to you.   I also feel that since there are only four collections needed and a super limited lifespan that some collections would not be possible. 

Skill certs, appliances, a single photo collection or a single relic collection do not fit the bill for what we were thinking when it came up in talks.   These collections are not skill based like the life states dynasty.  These are true mega collecting collections is what I was thinking when I suggested it.  And remember you are limited to only the founders (as in first two before gen 1) and the heirs that follow to make these.  You can't use pets, spares, wives, housemates.

Offline Seabody

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2013, 02:07:09 AM »
Skill certs, appliances, a single photo collection or a single relic collection do not fit the bill for what we were thinking when it came up in talks.   These collections are not skill based like the life states dynasty.  These are true mega collecting collections is what I was thinking when I suggested it.  And remember you are limited to only the founders (as in first two before gen 1) and the heirs that follow to make these.  You can't use pets, spares, wives, housemates.

So essentially it's Collections that appear (or would appear) in the Collecting Skill Journal, correct? You have to go out and physically collect them as opposed to earning them?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2013, 02:27:04 AM »
Rica, does this mean that heirs could also theoretically start collections for future households? Like I plan to use fish for generation 5, but we're still on generation 2, I could use the founders to start fishing up for the start of generation 5?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2013, 02:49:12 AM »
Might have to think on that one.  I dislike the fact that you can reserve stuff for the Townie DecaDynasty.  I would prefer that you only collect while in that town.   Metro and Rachel need to decide how they feel about it so a decision can be made though.

Offline marwolfer

• Occult
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2013, 03:12:03 AM »
This may have already been confirmed, but do we take the collections with us when we move? I know the rules say they must be placed on the lot, but I was figuring that you have to have them placed on the new lot when you move towns.

I'm thinking of giving this a test run with the specifications already confirmed. Though my attention span is short, so I probably won't make it through, lol.
Origin ID: marwolfer
Check me out on the gallery!!

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2013, 06:08:00 AM »
Rica, does this mean that heirs could also theoretically start collections for future households? Like I plan to use fish for generation 5, but we're still on generation 2, I could use the founders to start fishing up for the start of generation 5?

No, I am not cool with that to be honest. We'll have to figure out what can be taken with moves but I am thinking heir #5 needs to start from scratch in the next neighborhood with his/her collection and not one brought from the previous neighborhood.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2013, 06:53:51 AM »
To Rosa's list for consideration you might add birds, lizards, snakes, turtles, and rodents.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2013, 07:22:28 AM »
Fair enough, thanks Metro :)

anything