Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 66802 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2013, 09:04:04 AM »
It occurs to me that if the Gen 4 heir has to own all the properties and buildings in his former town, he will be very rich when he moves to his new town, making the purchase of all properties and buildings there very easy.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2013, 09:58:04 AM »
It occurs to me that if the Gen 4 heir has to own all the properties and buildings in his former town, he will be very rich when he moves to his new town, making the purchase of all properties and buildings there very easy.

Very true, Marian...maybe when it's time to move we should take away a portion of their money, so it won't be so easy to accomplish?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2013, 10:23:48 AM »

Very true, Marian...maybe when it's time to move we should take away a portion of their money, so it won't be so easy to accomplish?

Not a bad idea. In keeping with the whole "4" theme we could start every neighborhood with only 4k simoleans.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2013, 10:40:02 AM »
Two midas' touch elixirs would cover that easily though.

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2013, 11:02:07 AM »
Not a bad idea. In keeping with the whole "4" theme we could start every neighborhood with only 4k simoleans.

I would like to be able to move into any house I want though...so how about you take the simoleans away after purchasing the house?

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2013, 12:51:14 PM »
I would also like to stipulate that you can't sell the rabbit holes or properties before moving.   It will be money lost as well.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2013, 12:38:47 AM »
Curiosity... I have only 3 towns. Would I be able to do this dynasty if I say started in Sunset Valley, Moved to Riverview, Moved to Twinbrook, and Moved back to Sunset Valley? Or would I not be able to play this until I purchase another expansion with a town?
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2013, 12:40:18 AM »
People with base game should be able to complete this.  It doesn't have to be four different towns but it will need to be at least two different towns.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline DeKilte

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2013, 12:44:47 AM »
Ah, thank you, just wanted to be sure :) So a move could be just back and forth between Sunset Valley and Riverview?
The Beautiful Stars
(The Bellanova Immortal Dynasty)

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2013, 05:48:48 AM »
Will you be free/required to pick traits or should they be random? Random traits really ups the difficulty when it comes to finding good careers, but struggling with time to teach those toddler traits will also be hard on such short lifespan.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2013, 06:01:53 AM »
Will you be free/required to pick traits or should they be random? Random traits really ups the difficulty when it comes to finding good careers, but struggling with time to teach those toddler traits will also be hard on such short lifespan.

I do not think randomness needs to enter the picture. The main thing that separates this Dynasty from others is the whole speed issue — the medium setting. Well, and the moving to new neighborhoods too.

Offline saltpastillen

• Watcher
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2013, 01:43:06 PM »
I agree that its different enough as it is - I just wanted to raise the issue since it's a work bench ;)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »
New question - the Unique Best Friends - is this true unique, like in the Life States, or just claimed unique, like in Immortal?

Also, a couple of things I saw (or didn't) in the rules: first being that mermaids are acceptable CAS lifestates, but I didn't think mermaids could be created in CAS? Also, there's no limit on beginning funds, and/or where the founders start - do we have our choice of lots or houses, or are there specific ones you're looking at, or must be no more than a specific simolean amount?

(I'm still fuzzy this AM, did that make sense? :P)

Offline Audren

• Wearer of the Shoes
  • Watcher
  • O Captain, My Captain!
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Quick question just to make sure I'm understanding this properly. The spouse cannot be added to the household until after the heir's requirements are complete, correct? It's not like the Life States where the spouse can come in, but the heir can't be born.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
It looks like the heir can marry anytime, but can't try for baby until the requirements are completed.

When it comes to working on the moving requirements, can both founders help with that, or do you have to designate one of the original pair as the founder?
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

anything