Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 325959 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 02:06:18 PM »
I maxed the inventing career in an immortal dynasty before my inventor was an adult. Granted, I used every trick up my sleeve. She maxed the skill and the Widget Challenge as a child, signed up for the career as a teen, made localized static testers and little else, either consigned her wares or downed liquid job boosters before selling a batch of widgets, abused the moodlet manager, and bought scrap straight from the workbench to save time. And I was on the normal lifespan.

Still, I'm in the minority who thinks it's possible in a 4x4. In fact, I'd be crazy enough to do it.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline hazelnut

• Watcher
« Reply #61 on: September 01, 2013, 02:43:57 PM »
The "uniqueness" tag of the various requirements for heirs means those things must be unique...period — i.e. if a founder maxes a given career or completes a certain opportunity, then it no longer would be unique for an heir.
OK, that's what I thought.  The founders have been turning down opportunities but I suddenly wondered whether they could have accepted them after all :).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #62 on: September 01, 2013, 02:45:48 PM »
I don't know whether this is a tip or an exploit, but every time you send a gift to another player, you pick up 600 LTHP for the Sim who's highlighted. Maximum total per day is 3000 pts (5 gifts).
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #63 on: September 01, 2013, 03:14:45 PM »
I don't know whether this is a tip or an exploit, but every time you send a gift to another player, you pick up 600 LTHP for the Sim who's highlighted. Maximum total per day is 3000 pts (5 gifts).

There is a forum post about this already -- Lifetime Happiness Points earned from gifting elixirs, you can get 3k happiness points from one gift.  Not sure if Metro wants to ban this.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #64 on: September 01, 2013, 03:50:57 PM »
Regarding the uniqueness aspect for the founders, does this essentially mean that I need to treat them the same as heirs, even though the skill challenges and maxed careers won't count for dynasty completion purposes? I was going to have them both do the potion challenge for free YA potions and earn money using instruments and collecting. I was also toying with making one of them a cook for early access to a fridge. If this isn't an option without possibly invalidating a future heir's requirements,  that's fine, but I'll have to rethink things a bit as well as see who the rich and motivated sims are in IP (starting there with the diving skill so that I don't have to worry about curing future spouses of mermaidism).

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #65 on: September 01, 2013, 04:02:53 PM »
Regarding the uniqueness aspect for the founders, does this essentially mean that I need to treat them the same as heirs, even though the skill challenges and maxed careers won't count for dynasty completion purposes? I was going to have them both do the potion challenge for free YA potions and earn money using instruments and collecting. I was also toying with making one of them a cook for early access to a fridge. If this isn't an option without possibly invalidating a future heir's requirements,  that's fine, but I'll have to rethink things a bit as well as see who the rich and motivated sims are in IP (starting there with the diving skill so that I don't have to worry about curing future spouses of mermaidism).

Yes, you have to treat the founders just like heirs, even though the skill challenges and careers won't count for dynasty completion.  If your founder did the potion skill challenge, then you cannot claim that potion skill challenge for any one of your heir in the whole dynasty as requirement.   It will be free for all.

Offline smartburn

• Occult
« Reply #66 on: September 01, 2013, 04:44:06 PM »
Thanks - I guess I'll replace genius and virtuoso with more socially oriented traits and focus more on moving helpers in for money and potion making.  I don't plan to use skill certs as rewards so no problem there, and I was thinking of leaving the gem and metal challenges as free for all anyway, which I'll more than likely do in light of this info.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2013, 05:16:51 PM »
I have an inventing tip for the insane, almost got my dynasty sim kicked out of China but was worth it for the sheer fun, did the same thing in Rica's challenge but at home.

Basically buy a lot of the cheap portable stereos, line them all up, I put them in rows of ten then detonate somewhere near the middle, don't do it too near anything you wish to keep as fires break out and keep your sims well clear, for Rica's challenge I lined up the full amount for diabolical detonator and I think it was just 38 that didn't go up first go, serious fire hazard but such fun watching them go off like dominoes  ;D

Had a job getting her to collect the scrap though as her motives bombed from the vile surroundings but if it's your home lot dragging them into inventory still counts them on the scrap collected total.

It does take a while to max as a career but for the two challenges, scrap collector and diabolical detonator, they can be got fairly fast this way, but it is a bit dangerous so best done well away from everything and everyone.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
Another inventing tip--blowing up the rocket at the the military base yields more than enough scrap in three easy-to-pick-up piles.

Tom, I wouldn't recommend Military. Not when there are many other careers that provide rewards. Why choose one where you have to use skill certificates when you could use any number of other careers?
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #69 on: September 01, 2013, 05:54:20 PM »
There is a forum post about this already -- Lifetime Happiness Points earned from gifting elixirs, you can get 3k happiness points from one gift.  Not sure if Metro wants to ban this.

Yeah I forgot about gifting. What's everyone think? A ban on gifting?

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #70 on: September 01, 2013, 06:06:25 PM »
I vote to keep it...I like getting presents from people, and it's not like the 3,000 LTH is going to be TOO beneficial.  You can only do it 5 times in one human day.  You could play almost a whole generation before you're allowed to gift again.  I just don't think it's worth taking something enjoyable away when it's not giving TOO much of an advantage.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: September 01, 2013, 06:14:55 PM »
Tom, I wouldn't recommend Military. Not when there are many other careers that provide rewards. Why choose one where you have to use skill certificates when you could use any number of other careers?

I may reorganise to make sure I have the rewards for that world. I'm so far planning to have a unique Gardener and Guitarist who will end up going Symphony as Logic is free-for-all. I can maybe switch culinary in that lot for the Inventor as that has three rewards: Fridge, Processor and Certificate.  ???

Yeah I forgot about gifting. What's everyone think? A ban on gifting?

I vote keeping it. Not sure about everyone else but I'll be more likely to keep the best elixirs I make. :P Also for me, it's a 50:50 chance as to if gifting crashes my game anyway.
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #72 on: September 01, 2013, 06:41:05 PM »
I forgot that it was human day rather than Sim day. Yes, let's keep gifting. The points and gifts will be helpful, but not overly so.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #73 on: September 01, 2013, 06:50:20 PM »
I also vote for keeping the gifting.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #74 on: September 01, 2013, 07:39:18 PM »
I think I'm going to have to try the inventing career. The only other careers I have left interfere with something else and I need to use those skill challenges. The only other career would be childcare. Hmm...that might work if spouses and spares did most the work with the kids while the heir invented.

anything