Author Topic: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty  (Read 326820 times)

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 4x4 Dynasty
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
The 4x4 dynasty stories board is now up,thank you for doing that Pam.

Looking forward to reading all the new dynasties.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2013, 08:00:08 PM »
So as far as earning money, spouses and spares are allowed to contribute towards earning money to buy properties?

Secondly, what is the exploit for the inventor career? Is it the one like in scultping where you place an item on the ground, then sell it in buy mode, then undo, and then resell?

Thirdly, teens can register as self-employed?!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
So as far as earning money, spouses and spares are allowed to contribute towards earning money to buy properties?

Secondly, what is the exploit for the inventor career? Is it the one like in scultping where you place an item on the ground, then sell it in buy mode, then undo, and then resell?

Thirdly, teens can register as self-employed?!

I'm pretty sure the answer to the first one is yes, but don't quote me on it either.

It's the same for any self-employment career.

You bet teens can be self-employed.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2013, 08:13:48 PM »

Yes

This is consider an exploit and is banned in the tournament, however this is dynasty, I don't see any rules on dynasty about this.  I know Metro didn't like this exploit, maybe it is safer to just not do it?

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2013, 08:34:59 PM »
Thank you Nutella - that answered my next question. I was already assuming it would be banned. I remember reading somewhere that the exploit was banned, but I couldn't remember if it was a dynasty thread or the general challenge rules. To me it seems too cheaty, and I like it to be a challenge.

So there are no restrictions on adding to the household, only that potential spouses must be invited by the heir?

Also, could we raise our own townie clones to be spouses? I know you can't always get a spitten image of the original sim, but it's kind of nice to have the genes from the original inhabitants of the town.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #80 on: September 01, 2013, 08:39:34 PM »
So there are no restrictions on adding to the household, only that potential spouses must be invited by the heir?

Also, could we raise our own townie clones to be spouses? I know you can't always get a spitten image of the original sim, but it's kind of nice to have the genes from the original inhabitants of the town.

No restrictions on adding to the household, just make sure they are the correct life state.  Yes potential spouses must be invited by the heir, nobody else.

Raise townie clones?  You thinking about using clone drone on your sim?  I don't see anything wrong with you doing that, as long as the heir is the one inviting your clone in as potential spouse.  And also make sure the clone is the correct life state too.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #81 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:27 PM »
Not clone drone - getting DNA samples and raising them from babies. Unless clones from the clone drone potion have their age reset to the start of the life stage? In that case, it would be easier that way to maintain original townie genes.

Another question, can we delete empty residential lots at the start of the game?

EDITED for another question

EA store lots are allowed, right? Like the Al Fresco Street Market?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #82 on: September 01, 2013, 08:46:35 PM »
It could happen, but since heirs are the only ones that can invite their spouses in, they have to clone them and essentially raise their own spouse. If it's even allowed under those conditions, since the life states dynasty has a similar rule with the added stipulation that spouses can be added the household only when both they and the heir are YAs or older. I don't know if this dynasty is meant to go by the same ruling or not.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #83 on: September 01, 2013, 08:51:42 PM »
Not clone drone - getting DNA samples and raising them from babies. Unless clones from the clone drone potion have their age reset to the start of the life stage? In that case, it would be easier that way to maintain original townie genes.

Rule:  Heir #1 then brings in a spouse/partner to produce heir #2 after heir #1‘s requirements are finished.

says requirements are finished before you can bring in a spouse/partner.  So what you are doing would be against the rule.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #84 on: September 01, 2013, 09:04:39 PM »
Sorry for being dense, I don't understand how it would break the rule? If Heir #1 finishes their requirements, then clones the townie to get the baby spouse, and uses life extending techniques so that when the spouse becomes a young adult, they are then the same age to try for Heir #2. I just want to get clear before I even start.

Also, another question, if a founder/heir joins a career/profession, but does not max it, does it invalidate this career as a career requirement for other heirs?

More questions - can other sims come and go from the household as they please? So I could move in a spare, then promptly kick them out?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #85 on: September 01, 2013, 09:23:32 PM »
Sorry for being dense, I don't understand how it would break the rule? If Heir #1 finishes their requirements, then clones the townie to get the baby spouse, and uses life extending techniques so that when the spouse becomes a young adult, they are then the same age to try for Heir #2. I just want to get clear before I even start.

Sorry misunderstood you, thought you were cloning before requirement is done.  You should be fine cloning as long as heir #1 finishes his requirement and he is the one doing the cloning.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #86 on: September 01, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »
I thought it was decided that a spouse could be brought in at any time, but they could not try for baby until the requirements were met. Bloodline heirs are allowed to be imaginary friends and which means that IFs are allowed to be spouses. They would have to be there from childhood (they are invited by heir).

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #87 on: September 01, 2013, 10:01:20 PM »
I thought it was decided that a spouse could be brought in at any time, but they could not try for baby until the requirements were met. Bloodline heirs are allowed to be imaginary friends and which means that IFs are allowed to be spouses. They would have to be there from childhood (they are invited by heir).
This is my understanding as well. Spouses can be brought in at any time to work on their moneymaking potential, but no working on the nooboo potentials until requirements are done. Same as Lifestates Dynasty.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #88 on: September 01, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »
Hm not sure, the wordings make me think we bring in spouse after requirement finish, will have to bother Metro to clarify this  :o

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #89 on: September 01, 2013, 10:31:33 PM »
Thank you Shirin, Nutella and KRae.

Does anyone know about my other questions?

1. Can we delete empty lots at the start of the game?
2. Are EA store lots allowed?
3. If a founder/heir joins a career/profession, but does not max it, does it invalidate this career as a career requirement for other heirs?
4. Can we move/kick non-heirs out?

anything