Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977101 times)

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #660 on: September 12, 2010, 05:50:36 PM »
It's six unique opportunities/BlackOps they need, not three.  I gave my sims the opportunistic LTR as well, but I don't think it helps them get opportunities - it just increases the payout they get when they complete them.

I was talking about their LTR's - they have to have three unique ones.
Oh drats, I thought that reward would increase the number of opportunities they get. Well, I'll just have to hope for the best lol.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #661 on: September 12, 2010, 05:57:16 PM »
I was talking about their LTR's - they have to have three unique ones.
Norma
Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #662 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
HELPPPPP!!! 

My bedroom disappeared!!  I got Winter married to Marc, (heheh Marc Thyme, pronounced time), and they went to woo hoo but once they got there the bedroom, bed and other furnishings were invisible.  They woo hoo'd, and I got them out of there but still no bedroom.  I haven't saved and am worried if I do it will be a mess.  However, I really want the two of them to be the couple of the year!!  Marc jumped up and down when he saw his easel.  So, anyone know what I can safely do?  I don't want to lose them.

Their bedroom is on a deck over a stream.

EDIT:  It's back!  I have no idea why it went invisible or why it came back.  They had dinner, went to bed and voila, it appeared!  I definitely saved!

What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #663 on: September 12, 2010, 11:02:20 PM »
Weirder and weirder bugs. Glad things worked out for you, Joria.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #664 on: September 12, 2010, 11:30:17 PM »
In the Inventing skill, when you get the opportunity to build a robot, there are several steps to do:  the pink diamond, life fruit, and palladium, then the final building of the thing.  Does each step count as an opportunity?

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Offline wildredchild

• Immortal
  • Meet Sadie :)
« Reply #665 on: September 12, 2010, 11:44:50 PM »
I'm not certain in this instance, but in all other challenges where we get strings of opportunities for a specific goal in the end, such as the omni plant opportunity, we have always been able to count them as separate.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #666 on: September 13, 2010, 01:27:35 AM »
In the Inventing skill, when you get the opportunity to build a robot, there are several steps to do:  the pink diamond, life fruit, and palladium, then the final building of the thing.  Does each step count as an opportunity?

Yes, each has its own name and individual actions.  They count as individual opportunities.  Just remember, if you actually make the Simbot, you have to set it free as soon as it's completed.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #667 on: September 13, 2010, 05:13:57 AM »
Ok, the weirdness repeats itself.  Each time I go into build/buy mode, my decks over the water disappear.  In order to bring them back the only thing that works is having a Sim climb the stairs and stand on the deck and then it all reappears.  However, if they are on the deck when I go into build/buy it ALL disappears including the Sim!  So I have to click on their icon and make them walk down the stairs and back up again before things reappear.  One deck is my open air living room, complete with sofa, chairs, lamps a rug and a tv, yet it all goes away and all you see is the pillars and water underneath.

I'll let you know tomorrow if my rebooting my pc fixed it.  Too tired to do more tonight.

Winter and Marc are very happy, though there is a lingering poignancy as he has aged into an elder and she is still a young adult.  She didn't want to take a chance on losing all that was Marc, so she got pregnant.  He has painted a rather bad portrait of her but perhaps later tries will be better, at least till he passes on. He truly was one of the handsomest men in town, and turned into one of the ugliest elders I've ever seen.  Winter adores him still though, as it's his loving heart that captured hers. It is doubtful he'll live long enough to sculpt a lasting ice sculpture of her.  I must say it really isn't going very well in achieving any of her goals. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #668 on: September 13, 2010, 09:15:50 AM »
As the game progresses, I realize there is no way I'm going to prevent my founder from maximizing the Charisma skill unless I lock him in a room and keep him from talking to anyone again.  So obviously Charisma isn't going to be one of the SuperMax skills, and I'm looking for a replacement SuperMax skill for a later generation.  

I have a question about the Nectar Making Skill:  are there any opportunities for that skill?  I have all 3 Prima guides, and I see that it is possible to be a self-employed nectar maker, but the World Adventures guide doesn't list a single opportunity for Nectar Making.  Not one.  There are lots of adventures in France involving nectar, but no regular opportunities listed.  Is this just a misprint in the guide, or are there really no home opportunities for nectar making?  If so, it would certainly limit the appeal of having a self-employed nectar maker in this game.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #669 on: September 13, 2010, 09:24:20 AM »
@Schipperke— we've already bemoaned the issue of the complete absence of self-employed career opportunities, so there's no sense in rehashing that again. They don't exist, plain and simple. But, every skill in the game should have skill opportunities. You could find out quite easily running a test character with static needs cheats and buydebug. If all you let your test Sim do is nectar-making, then you would know for sure within 3 or 4 days. Don't do any gardening. Just buy everything you'd need at the grocery store and get the nectar maker from buydebug. I'll be curious with your results because I'd like to have a nectar maker as well in my Dynasty.

Offline Schipperke

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #670 on: September 13, 2010, 09:27:58 AM »
What, you want to to take time away from my Dynasty?!  Ok, I'll try that then.  I just thought somebody more experienced with nectar making - like the people who took part in the nectar challenge - might already know the answer to this.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #671 on: September 13, 2010, 10:31:24 AM »
What, you want to to take time away from my Dynasty?!  Ok, I'll try that then.  I just thought somebody more experienced with nectar making - like the people who took part in the nectar challenge - might already know the answer to this.

I obviously did take part in that one, but I apologize in not remembering if there were specific nectar skill challenges.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #672 on: September 13, 2010, 05:41:06 PM »
Ok, the weirdness repeats itself.  Each time I go into build/buy mode, my decks over the water disappear.  In order to bring them back the only thing that works is having a Sim climb the stairs and stand on the deck and then it all reappears.  However, if they are on the deck when I go into build/buy it ALL disappears including the Sim!  So I have to click on their icon and make them walk down the stairs and back up again before things reappear.  One deck is my open air living room, complete with sofa, chairs, lamps a rug and a tv, yet it all goes away and all you see is the pillars and water underneath.

This particular issue isn't really related to the Dynasty, so you'd be better off posting about it in the Technical Help thread if you haven't already.  It's sort of off topic here.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #673 on: September 14, 2010, 03:07:39 AM »
I spent whole day thinking about this challenge and yes.. I have to try it.. now there is a lot of thinking about the strategy..

First - anyone plan to use omniplant in science facility garden? after catching one dead fish one can multiply it there as much as needed. And if first generation or a spouse catch it before maxing fishing there is a free and easy supermax skill for future generations. Once it happened that I catch all dead fish from grave yard and they didn't spawn again.. not shore if this was fixed later but wouldnt risk it when there is easy and less time consuming way - feed the omniplant.

Gardening - If anyone knows if only harvesting increase gardening skill? Ill check it myself, but even if it does, it would be enough to get lvl 7 gardening to plant special seeds, and let the spouse harvest and weed plants avoiding watering with sprinkles. It should be enough to keep them away from reaching lvl 10 and leaving it free for future generation.

Supermaxing martial arts wouldn't max athletic - at least for sims without athletic trait. Again, free and easy supermax skill:)

About  nectar making.. does the same sim have to plant, tend and harvest 400 grapes from homegarden to get that skill challenge or?

About those photographs of sims which are labeled as something else as "nice garden" or something, I didn't find the final explanation of it, I understood about no expensive targets as dragon cave etc but its ok to have a running sim or apple tree?

And collectibles are not forbidden but only not counted in museum value?

And last one, how often do immortal sim eats ambrosia? For every meal, once per day or once per week?

Uhh many questions came up hehehe and I haven't even started :D

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #674 on: September 14, 2010, 04:29:31 AM »
OK I'll talk to myself ;D

Fishing part - yes it is very easy to avoid  maxing the skill:) First five levels I gain fishing for alley catfish (at Stoney falls), next two in central park using alley catfish as a bait for angelfish and as soon as I hit lvl 7 went to graveyard at midnight, use angelfish as bait and got the death fish instantly! Then just feed the omniplant in science facility which will slowly increase gardening skill. Same is with life fruit. Feed omniplant with one lifefruit and next day there are four of them ;D

At the moment I'm designing the test for nectar making skill challenge I ask about, and will post results as I get some..

But would like to hear about how often do they have to eat ambrosia after becoming immortal?

Also one thing came to my mind - is it OK to have mortal share immortal LTW - or  in that case should I use reward to change LTW of mortal, or never pursue it?

anything