Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977618 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #645 on: September 12, 2010, 02:50:37 AM »
Is there some way to tell what relationship level our sim has with an Old Friend?  Wimsey has two of them and the green bar is almost full - they appear to me to be Best Friends, but is there any way to know for sure?  The next sim down is just a Friend, so that doesn't help here.

If the Sim on the other side is a Best Friend, the go ahead and count the Old Friend as one, too.  Plus, if the bar is full, they are Best Friends anyway.

Is anyone else doing a female character as the founder?

Mine is female.  She married Christopher Steel in Sunset Valley.  Mine is the Dreamweaver Dynasty on the stories board if you want to read it.  It's not as clever as some of the other stories because I'm not that creative.  It's just a report of what's happening, but I'm trying to give tips along the way of things I'm doing.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #646 on: September 12, 2010, 03:20:29 AM »
Riiiiight, Pam.  You're not that creative, huh?  Now pull the other leg.  I'll go read Dreamweaver. 
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #647 on: September 12, 2010, 05:18:42 AM »
I've got a female founder too; she married Billy Caspian in Riverview.  It's linked (but not up to date) in my signature (not up to date as in my 5th gen just reached teen) if you want to read it :)

As for Twinbrook...hrm, I really can't say who I'd marry.  Maybe Justin Kayes.  I've had a sim marry him before and he's nice and handsome, though doesn't have a particularly helpful skillset.  Actually, come to think of it, maybe I'd try Buddy Bailey.  Has the artistic trait, starts with 2 painting, and is a young adult.  He's not rich or anything, but might be useful anyway. 

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #648 on: September 12, 2010, 05:46:54 AM »
There's another guy in Twinbrook who's decent.  I can't remember his exact name, though.  Something like Goodson Good.  He wears all white and has very blond hair.  He lives in the Good and Bad household (again, I may not be remembering the exact name).  He has gotten a girl pregnant at the start of the game, but I had a Sim meet him and he was single until a little later when he showed up as being engaged.  His traits are all good-related.  Not terribly useful, but not unplayable, either.  And he's not as ugly as many of the Twinbrook residents.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #649 on: September 12, 2010, 07:11:33 AM »
About the "Oh my ghost!" Opportunity, may we take a random grave from the mausoleum and simply use that? If the ghost gets added to the household we can just kick them. Is that ok?
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #650 on: September 12, 2010, 07:17:24 AM »
About the "Oh my ghost!" Opportunity, may we take a random grave from the mausoleum and simply use that? If the ghost gets added to the household we can just kick them. Is that ok?

The problem with that is according to the Dynasty rules, you cannot move anyone out of the house.  I believe that would count for ghosts that you move in after having them restored.  They will have to live out their ghosthood in your house while you wait for a spot open up to make room for a new immortal candidate.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Pielord

• Townie
« Reply #651 on: September 12, 2010, 07:27:35 AM »
Oh yes, of course, silly me. I'd just considered how irritating it can be for a self-employed nectar maker, etc to get opportunities.
I am Nobody. And Nobody is Perfect. Therefore, I am Perfect. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #652 on: September 12, 2010, 08:11:28 AM »
Well, just be sure to keep the slots open.  You should get enough eventually.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Twinmum

• Building inspector and trouble shooter
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #653 on: September 12, 2010, 08:51:40 AM »
I'm keeping the opportunistic LTR open for anyone to use and plan to give it to all the immortals, probably before they get their unique three.

Norma
Have you read the Forum Rules?
And please try to remember Capitals, Commas and Apostrophes when you post.
Check out  Twinmum's creations on the Gallery for Sims 4 creations and Twinsom Realty for my Sims 3 Creations
For something non Sims - check out the miniatures I make at MiniisByTwinmum

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #654 on: September 12, 2010, 09:52:20 AM »
I'm keeping the opportunistic LTR open for anyone to use and plan to give it to all the immortals, probably before they get their unique three.

Norma

It's six unique opportunities/BlackOps they need, not three.  I gave my sims the opportunistic LTR as well, but I don't think it helps them get opportunities - it just increases the payout they get when they complete them.

Pielord, the first two Immortals-to-be in my Dynasty are self-employed, and I have been agonizing over the opportunity problem.  The only suggestion I can give is, don't overlook the community opportunities.  My Gen 2, Wimsey, has managed to complete two of those - the Olympics and the Eating Contest.  Without those she may never have gotten enough opportunities.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Kilwala

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #655 on: September 12, 2010, 02:10:44 PM »
There's another guy in Twinbrook who's decent.  I can't remember his exact name, though.  Something like Goodson Good.  He wears all white and has very blond hair.  He lives in the Good and Bad household (again, I may not be remembering the exact name).  He has gotten a girl pregnant at the start of the game, but I had a Sim meet him and he was single until a little later when he showed up as being engaged.  His traits are all good-related.  Not terribly useful, but not unplayable, either.  And he's not as ugly as many of the Twinbrook residents.

Goodwin Goode?  Yeah, he's a nice guy, and starts single, even though he has a baby on the way (I've played the file with the mother of his child before and he didn't really go for her...he ended up with another girl).  He's handsome though, and starts at young adult like Buddy Bailey does.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #656 on: September 12, 2010, 03:16:32 PM »
My Twinbrook legacy founder married Shark Racket, who is 4 days from YA at the beginning. He's got good traits, including some skill in athletics. His family is very well-connected.
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline AriaGirl77

• Watcher
« Reply #657 on: September 12, 2010, 04:02:42 PM »
There's DeAndre Wolfe.  He doesn't have any painting skill, but he's rich and artistic, and he's pretty close to completing his LTW of being a Rock Star.  He lives alone, so he might bring a nice car and simolians to the family.  He's not bad looking either, although he does age up to elder in 11 days.

Here's a list of all the Townies in Twinbrook that the game starts with.  It includes their traits, skills, relationship status and age.

Offline LlamaMama

• Watcher
« Reply #658 on: September 12, 2010, 04:35:26 PM »
Yeah, DeAndre is a hottie, but gets old fast. He may be the equivalent of Agnes, though, to bring money to the dynasty.

edit: D'oh! I absolutely added no information in this post.   :-[
I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension. -- Steven Wright

Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die,
your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. -- George Carlin

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #659 on: September 12, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »
There's DeAndre Wolfe.  He doesn't have any painting skill, but he's rich and artistic, and he's pretty close to completing his LTW of being a Rock Star.  He lives alone, so he might bring a nice car and simolians to the family.  He's not bad looking either, although he does age up to elder in 11 days.

Here's a list of all the Townies in Twinbrook that the game starts with.  It includes their traits, skills, relationship status and age.

The guy Winter Thyme married was Harwood Clay.  I married him because of his supposed abilities but have seen very little of said abilities within him.  I think I'm going to give him another chance even though he is already an elder.  I think the best shot at a guy, looks and talents wise is.....darn it!  Elder moment here.  He's an artistic type who joined the military and is VERY good looking and the right age.  grrr
will go find his name

EDIT:  found it!  Marc Brandt.  I'd like to give him a spin but I really do love Harwood.  Winter is such a good one for Marc though.  She's absolutely gorgeous and with no 3d party cc or anything.  Even her clothes were decent!  Ok, do over time since I cheated in my practice with Harwood.  (figured it was unplayable for the challenge so went ahead and cheated, now I'll go back and do it clean)
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

anything