Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979558 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9795 on: June 11, 2014, 05:25:27 PM »
I've encountered an interesting glitch. I started my immortal dynasty, and looking through the town looking for helpers I found an additional family that I assumed moved in the minute the game started. It was the Song family(as in River Song). It's a sim I made that's in the bin in edit town that was moved in autonomously. I didn't move her in. Am I still aloud to use her for the challenge, considering her traits are for her to be an artist/cook?

Yes you are allowed to use her since the game moved the family in (and you didn't).  However I will be extremely scared to continue, knowing its a glitch, who knows what will happen down the line?  Might be safer to just start a brand new file (new dynasty), assuming you are only 1-2 days in.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9796 on: June 11, 2014, 05:29:41 PM »
Okay, thanks for the answer. I've had this happen in a couple other free-time games and nothing game breaking has ever happened in those. I think I'll just continue. Thanks again though.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9797 on: June 11, 2014, 06:00:49 PM »
As it turns out, I am short two.  So the next question would be, am I allowed to install an expansion pack to gain access to other LTRs to complete it and still qualify for Hall of Fame?

This Dynasty can be completed with only the base game, so I am sorry if you made an error somewhere along the line. :(

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9798 on: June 11, 2014, 06:14:47 PM »
It's okay.  It was my intention to finish with only base game.  I was just wanting to check my options.  I haven't written the story yet so I don't have a lot of time invested.  I had a lot of fun and I am really enjoying my dynasty lot.  I thought it was going a little too smoothly...

I'm not devastated or even sad.  I was a little bummed when I finally decided to plan the last two immortals and counted LTRs.  I'm okay ...no need for sad faces.  :)

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9799 on: June 11, 2014, 06:28:08 PM »
Thanks, Caterina. Yeah I cannot help but sometimes get emotionally connected to players' efforts and when they make a mistake I can take it hard too.

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9800 on: June 11, 2014, 07:37:04 PM »
Caterina, if you don't own an expansion pack you could buy it then use those LTRs.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9801 on: June 11, 2014, 09:02:07 PM »
So I'm sad, I got into the fourth day of my dynasty the circuit breaker popped. My comp shut down and I lost my progress. So I will be starting over Saturday morning but it will be better.

Because there will be a story!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9802 on: June 12, 2014, 05:10:59 PM »
Thanks for the thought Lisa... fortunately or unfortunately, I already own all of them.

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9803 on: June 13, 2014, 08:40:01 PM »
Am I allowed to place empty houses at the beginning of the game?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9804 on: June 13, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »
That is not an allowed use of Edt Town, so no.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9805 on: June 13, 2014, 09:06:56 PM »
Okay, thanks!

Online Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9806 on: June 13, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »
Am I allowed to place empty houses at the beginning of the game?

But, stay tuned and you will be able to do that in another upcoming event. Yes, I am a big tease. ;)

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9807 on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:51 AM »
Can I place the Fae Arboretum and the Vault of Antiquity on a random lot in Sunset Valley at the beginning of the game using Edit Town? I would copy the actual lots over from Moonlit Falls, or what ever it's called, but they're both weird sizes and don't fit well.

Thanks,
Disaster

Offline AkonIsAwesome

• Courtier of Mania
  • Occult
  • Scion of Madness
« Reply #9808 on: June 14, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
I am getting a new computer soon, so I just wanted to make sure that I can transfer my immortal dynasties to it. I just have to make sure to install all of the same expansions and things that I had on the old computer and they should still be good as HoF attempts, correct?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9809 on: June 14, 2014, 09:41:02 AM »
Can I place the Fae Arboretum and the Vault of Antiquity on a random lot in Sunset Valley at the beginning of the game using Edit Town? I would copy the actual lots over from Moonlit Falls, or what ever it's called, but they're both weird sizes and don't fit well.

Thanks,
Disaster

Yes, you can place the fae arboretum and vault of antiquity in SV using edit town, before you start the game of course.  The lots should already be in your EA library bin -- you must use the EA copies, you can't use custom make arboretum or vault.

anything