Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2977870 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9750 on: June 03, 2014, 07:37:17 AM »
You can't use the familyfunds cheat at all, except for when you first start out to set your funds to $1,800. In your case, buy really expensive things and put them in your family inventory, perhaps?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Ferretmania

• Occult
  • FerretmaniaDK on Origin
    • World Of Sims
« Reply #9751 on: June 03, 2014, 10:45:24 AM »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search didn't come up with an answer.

What's the state on non-useful CC building objects, like paintings, sculptures, pillows, lights, etc? I want to decorate my house but if I need to stick to EA-made stuff I will. Thanks in advance!

I did a search too  and found this answer from Metropolis Man on a similar question :

And you said custom content for sims is ok but does that include custom content objects (windows, paints, floors, furniture, etc.)?

Yes, as long as we're only talking about appearance things and not game-changing mods, that's fine. All CC is a use-at-your-own risk understanding.
I only live in real life when my sims need a break ;)

Raven's Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9752 on: June 03, 2014, 11:43:19 AM »
I do not recommend using custom content, even if it is just to decorate your house.  The game itself has become so filled with bugs and using more custom content will just makes it worst.  Even EA made stuff is causing problems, why risk your dynasty with non-EA made stuff?  Dynasty are long, I'm sure 1-2 weeks you won't have any problems but as you play this longer and longer you will find more and more errors and bugs.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #9753 on: June 04, 2014, 01:24:09 AM »
Hi all, It's MastrChief. I decided to make a new profile because I lost my old password.

You cannot have two Forum accounts.  I can help you reset the password on the MastrChief account, if you want.  Please contact me ASAP via private messaging and we'll work it out.  In the meantime, please don't make any more posts using DisasterAhead because the account will end up deleted. 
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9754 on: June 07, 2014, 06:30:25 AM »
If someone suddenly got combustion on my land and I didn't help him/her from the fire, and they die, is it count as a cheating?

What about if I use a fireblast magic on a community place ( like the park ) and someone caught on fire, and I didn't help them and they die is it count as cheating?

Lastly, by mastering a job or profession, does it mean that we just have had the job at level 10, and then we could just switch job?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9755 on: June 07, 2014, 07:30:50 AM »
In order:

1) No. I had asked this same question previously in the Life States Dynasty thread. It should apply, you didn't intentionally kill the sim.

2) Should be same as above, unless you're fireblasting the sims. I would avoid that.

3) Yes.

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9756 on: June 07, 2014, 09:00:54 AM »
Thanks for clarifying my questions, Shirin.

Btw I just remembered this since I've been trying to attracting aliens in my other saves : does alien allowed to be part of our household? is the heir allowed to procreate with an alien?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9757 on: June 07, 2014, 10:09:06 AM »
Aliens are fine to have in the household, and for making heirs.

I have different feelings than Shirin about indirectly burning Sims to death. It just strikes me as breaking the rules for some reason. :-\

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9758 on: June 07, 2014, 04:04:36 PM »
Don't worry, Trip, I had those same feelings - "if I'm just watching them burn/drown/etc, isn't it breaking the rules if I don't intervene?"

In the Life States thread, immediately after the rules where all of the FAQs are, it was addressed there - long as you're not deliberately trying to kill them, it was deemed ok.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9759 on: June 07, 2014, 04:07:54 PM »
Are you sure that was intended to apply to all of the dynasties, though? Like, for a Life States Dynasty, letting someone die is useful because you can get a new life state out of the deal. In an Immortal Dynasty, it just seems pointless and weird.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9760 on: June 07, 2014, 06:26:33 PM »
That was my interpretation, but you raise a valid point - since I don't believe there's a FAQ for the Immortal Dynasty like there is for the Life States, it should probably be confirmed.

Though, I would dispute the pointless and weird part! You know how it is when Generation 6's spouse just won't die? :P Also, it makes for more interesting gameplay (and story, if Sherry is doing one) that "my parent/sibling/spare child died of something other than old age!" ;D

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9761 on: June 07, 2014, 07:14:10 PM »
If someone suddenly got combustion on my land and I didn't help him/her from the fire, and they die, is it count as a cheating?

What about if I use a fireblast magic on a community place ( like the park ) and someone caught on fire, and I didn't help them and they die is it count as cheating?

Lastly, by mastering a job or profession, does it mean that we just have had the job at level 10, and then we could just switch job?

Actually for me my thinking is-

1) No
2) Yes
3) Yes

If the person caught fire by himself and then die, I don't feel like its cheating if you don't go out of the way to help him.  If you purposely set the ground on fire so someone could catch fire, to me that seems like cheating.  That's my opinion.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9762 on: June 07, 2014, 07:47:09 PM »
If the person caught fire by himself and then die, I don't feel like its cheating if you don't go out of the way to help him.  If you purposely set the ground on fire so someone could catch fire, to me that seems like cheating.  That's my opinion.

But if you're setting the ground on fire to fulfill a wish, and someone catches fire by happenstance, it's ok?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9763 on: June 07, 2014, 08:13:10 PM »
Well if you need to fulfill a wish, then setting the ground by your home on fire and a paparazzi caught on fire, then I guess its ok.  However purposely going to the community park and setting ground on fire seems wrong.

There is no official ruling on this yet, everyone can jump in and discuss.

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9764 on: June 07, 2014, 09:12:20 PM »
I'm fine with setting the ground on fire with a Fire Blast or something; "Fighting Fire" is a photo subject, after all, and worth a decent amount. But there is a difference between causing a fire and immediately putting it out, and causing a fire, walking away, and thinking "let's hope someone dies."