Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942576 times)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9720 on: May 20, 2014, 08:34:13 PM »
But I think that you are allowed to add a trait if you have University Life. The quick way to curry favor with a social group is to buy 4 or 5  of the gain influence rewards at 2,000  LTHP each, total cost 10,000 LTHP. Buy them all at once, as you have to be at level 10 and influence deteriorates over time. (Actually, I looked at the rules, and nothing is said one way or the other.)

The various celebrity opportunities will help you, and if your sim can get the Opportunistic LTR, that doubles the amount of celebrity points you get each time. Also, if those 1-star celebrities interact with each other, they'll gain celebrity points. Finally, I'm not sure how much of a celebrity your sim has to be to max the career. I know my decadynasty heir got to the top of the director career without being a 5-star celeb. Hope this helps!
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9721 on: May 20, 2014, 08:37:43 PM »
If you do get the 6th trait slot open up, I would think "workaholic" is much better than "star quality".  Just stay home and work on a computer, you don't need 5 stars to get film career maxed.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9722 on: May 20, 2014, 09:17:47 PM »
On traits, the way I've always worked them (and assumed they should be): the initial 5 traits do not change. Rules ban Midlife Crisis. If you pick up traits 6 & 7 (social group and degree), you can do so, but they also are unchangeable. Fairly certain I saw that somewhere.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9723 on: May 21, 2014, 05:56:44 AM »
Thanks all for your advice. Now that I got home after work (me, not Phlegah), I sent Phlegah out to find one of the celebrities (he's actually single - Bob Newbie). Phlegah managed to get to best friends with him (courtesy of a couple of friendship potions, and she is now a level 2 celebrity). She has a wish (thanks to her midlife crisis to flirt with him. I think I shall do so. :)

So, I got through it without having to break up a marriage.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9724 on: May 21, 2014, 06:33:05 PM »
Hi, guys, I have a quick question. I've been trying to get Gen 4 into a rabbit hole career to get the last of their ops (already maxed a self-employed career) but the action keeps canceling. It doesn't matter what the career, the heir just won't go to work. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9725 on: May 21, 2014, 06:53:04 PM »
Change them into their career outfit manually and try again. If that doesn't work, create a new career outfit for them at the dresser, have them change into it, and try sending them to work again.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #9726 on: May 22, 2014, 09:55:40 PM »
Um, I just got an Error 12 message. Permission to go back to an old save please?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9727 on: May 22, 2014, 10:50:41 PM »
@dontmindme

Yes, go ahead.

cupcakeunicorn

« Reply #9728 on: May 23, 2014, 04:57:46 PM »
On another save I changed my age settings to short, and when I went onto my Immortal Dynasty I forgot to set the age settings back to default, so one of my non-immortal sims aged up early. What do I do?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9729 on: May 24, 2014, 09:27:08 AM »
@cupcakeunicorn

Sorry, your dynasty will not be eligible for HoF, but you can continue to play (non HoF).  If you are going for Hall of Fame, you will have to restart, and keep track of the age settings next time so you don't make the same mistake again.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9730 on: May 26, 2014, 04:20:55 AM »
I'm not sure whether this will make sense, but I need to ask anyway.

In my game, I have celebrities turned off and the current household opted out and have had it turned off since I started my dynasty. Now I want to turn it on for another game file. If I forget to turn it back off after playing with that file and play my dynasty file with celebrities switched on, will I become ineligible for HoF? I don't plan to use the celebrity system in my dynasty but I'm sure I will forget to change the settings each time. I've already lost another dynasty to forgetfulness with differing age settings and I don't want to loose another.
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9731 on: May 26, 2014, 04:38:35 AM »
Have you ever considered making a separate folder for your other games? this is how I do it.

I just do the factory reset method, rename the Documents => The Sims 3 folder, start the launcher and it recreates it then use that for your new game.

I currently have mine set up like this:

The Sims 3 (currently my Life States file)
The Sims 3 Challenge (this is my challenge folder with no store content and options set as per the rules)
The Sims 3 Fun (my modded folder, not to imply dynasties are not fun :P)

So say I want to do a challenge I just rename my life states folder like so:

The Sims 3 LSD

And remove the word challenge from the other folder so I can play it instead, It does solve the confusion of different settings per game, I know I wont mess up this way plus I can install just the store content I want to use for each game.

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9732 on: May 26, 2014, 04:43:51 AM »
Thanks Turoskel, that really helps! Just one question: How do you select which folder you use? Sorry if it is really simple/obvious. I'll try that, though.
Bubbles's Workshop

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #9733 on: May 26, 2014, 04:46:44 AM »
Whatever folder is named 'The Sims 3' is the one the game will read from, so whatever one you want to play must be named that. It will ignore the others if you change the name.

Does that make sense?

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9734 on: May 26, 2014, 04:47:27 AM »
It makes perfect sense, thank you so much!
Bubbles's Workshop