Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942100 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9690 on: May 11, 2014, 08:08:59 AM »
@Deklitch

You don't have to do the same exact actions.  Your sim may not die on the same day (unless the previous save was on the same day the sim going to die).  ;)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #9691 on: May 11, 2014, 09:08:08 AM »
That's true about not dying on the same day. I had a sim live into his 140s. He finally died, the game crashed, I restarted but this time he didn't die until 152. And this was on normal. Save that motive mobile!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9692 on: May 13, 2014, 03:35:15 AM »
Thanks Nutella and Krae. I got to keep the motive mobile, and he died on the same day.

Out of interest, I've just opened up Barnacle Bay, and looked at the lots that we can change.

The list of allowed lots in Ricalynn's post are as follows:

Barnacle Bay
    Crow's Nest Campgrounds
    Garden of the Forgotten
    Grace's Garden
    Lookout Park
    Pirate's Hideaway
    Wanderer's Watering Hole

I've also noticed there are another two named community lots, both of which are blank. These lots are
   Salty Lass' Landing (classified as 'no visitors allowed' and located near the Rome Household) and
   Smuggler's Parking (not classified (apart from as a community lot) and located next to Smuggler's Beach)

Is there any chance that we can re designate either of both of these two lots as well?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9693 on: May 13, 2014, 04:21:56 AM »
I found this old post from Rica that answers your question:

It's also an empty lot which means you can put whatever you want on it.  Empty lots aren't lots that get redesignated - they're what you put other things on.  ;D  It's not actually a park or anything and even if you redesignated it, you still wouldn't be able to buy it as property because it's empty and doesn't register as anything until you make it not empty.

Due to it's empty nature, it will never be on the redesignation list.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9694 on: May 13, 2014, 04:58:08 AM »
Ah, ok thanks Nutella

Offline Caterina

• Occult
« Reply #9695 on: May 13, 2014, 10:28:41 AM »
I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before.

1.  Are you allowed to marry a man who has a child from a previous relationship?

2.  In Edit Town mode before we begin, are we allowed to remove community lots?  With fewer community lots, sims will congregate at the ones remaining.

3.  In Lucky Palms, would we be able to add lighting to some of the community lots in Edit Town mode before we begin.  It is very dark.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9696 on: May 13, 2014, 11:11:55 AM »
1.  Are you allowed to marry a man who has a child from a previous relationship?

Yes.

2.  In Edit Town mode before we begin, are we allowed to remove community lots?  With fewer community lots, sims will congregate at the ones remaining.

Depends.  Are you removing the town's original community lots?  That would be a no, you can't do that.  But if it is addition lots from xpac, then yes you can remove them.  Here is a more detailed explanation from edit town page:

-- As long as you are not removing any of the town's original community lots, yes you can delete or move them.  The equestrian center is on the dynasty lot when you start the game, yes you can delete it and move either the large one or small one to another lot in the town.   Do not place the equestrian center on top of a lot that was already there like the fishing hole between the Landgraabs & Altos.  If you don't want that Katy Perry BonBon park behind the police station, go ahead and remove it from the town.  If you need to place a 60x60 lot at the end of Pinochle Road for a studio but the junkyard is in the large 40x40 lot at the end, move the junkyard to another lot in order to place the new lot where you need to. 

3.  In Lucky Palms, would we be able to add lighting to some of the community lots in Edit Town mode before we begin.  It is very dark.

Yes.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MissChar

• Nooboo
« Reply #9697 on: May 13, 2014, 06:36:52 PM »
Can pets be given up for adoption, or do they count as sims?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9698 on: May 13, 2014, 06:38:55 PM »
Feel free to get rid of pets. I asked that a while back.

Offline MissChar

• Nooboo
« Reply #9699 on: May 13, 2014, 06:41:06 PM »
Feel free to get rid of pets. I asked that a while back.
Thanks!

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #9700 on: May 13, 2014, 10:35:54 PM »
I've been reading and rereading these rules over the past couple of days and I think I'm about ready to start my very first Dynasty!  The only clarification I need is on requirement #5 concerning Lifetime Rewards.  The rules state:

"Also, more than one of a unique Lifetime Reward can be purchased for other immortals as long as the reward is not a unique reward for other immortals."

I can't quite figure out what is meant by the last part of this statement?  Can I not buy multiple motive mobiles or would they have to share it?  Or is this referring to something else?  With so many LTR I'm not too worried about repeats, however, I'd just like clarification before I'd actually start on my first Dynasty attempt.

Thanks! :)

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9701 on: May 13, 2014, 10:39:19 PM »
I'm not sure about that rule, but I think what it means is, for example, all immortals can buy steel bladder as long as it is not one of the required three.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9702 on: May 13, 2014, 10:43:50 PM »
Alright, let me try to clarify.

Let's say your founder buys Discount Diner, Motive Mobile, and Born to Cook as their unique LTRs. They also buy Steel Bladder on the side, and not as part of their requirements.

You can have multiple Motive Mobiles that can be used by anybody, but only your founder or a mortal can buy Motive Mobiles with their LTHP. Similarly, any immortal can have Steel Bladder, but it can't count towards anyone's unique LTR requirement.

It just means that if an immortal buys an LTR as a part of their requirements, they're the only immortal that can buy it.

Also, on a unrelated note, my eighth generation just celebrated her elder birthday. She just needs to rekindle a few friendships, get her museum pieces done, and have a last date with her girlfriend.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9703 on: May 13, 2014, 10:48:17 PM »
I can't quite figure out what is meant by the last part of this statement?  Can I not buy multiple motive mobiles or would they have to share it?  Or is this referring to something else?  With so many LTR I'm not too worried about repeats, however, I'd just like clarification before I'd actually start on my first Dynasty attempt.

Thanks! :)

Your immortal can buy as many lifetime rewards as they want, but they need to find (specify) 3 particular lifetime rewards as the "claimed" ones for that heir. 

Example:
Immortal Heir #1 -- steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant, immune to cold, immune to hot, opportunistic.
Immortal Heir #1 decides to claim immune to cold / immune to hot / opportunistic as the 3 unique LTR for his requirement.

Immortal Heir #2 -- steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant, motive mobile, all weather champion, attractive.
Immortal Heir # 2 decides to claim motive mobile / all weather champion / attractive as the 3 unique LTR for his requirement.

As you can see, both heirs share the steel bladder, hardly hungry, dirt defiant reward -- because you didn't claim those as unique.  Heir # 2 claims motive mobile as a unique reward, so this means all your future heir CANNOT purchase motive mobile as a reward.

I tend to leave the useful rewards (like steel bladder) as "share" rewards so all heirs can use it, and find some other useless LTR (like discount diner) for the claim unique ones.

Offline Arefa

• Llama Wrangler
    • Build Mode with Arefa
« Reply #9704 on: May 13, 2014, 11:03:26 PM »
Okay, now I got it!  Thank you for the clarification!

anything