Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971709 times)

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9705 on: May 14, 2014, 12:09:03 AM »
Woo! Finished my dynasty, after 78 weeks (and 6+ months in real life) of virtual family drama and loading screens. ;D

I'll PM my info to the powers that be after I get my museum score.
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Sayaka

• Waffle Burner
  • Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9707 on: May 14, 2014, 04:39:26 AM »
Yay, congrats Trip! I would never have the temper to play through eight generations of wrinklies personally, so I really admire your patience.  :D

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9708 on: May 14, 2014, 05:30:56 AM »
Congratulations Trip!

Offline Tiamet

• Immortal
  • I survived the Great Spooky Day Blizzard of 2012!
« Reply #9709 on: May 14, 2014, 07:28:09 AM »
That's awesome, Trip!  Congratulations!
..."For my schemes are as devious as yours, and my crazy as great..." Erik to Sarah and Jareth
Pika-la-Cynique, GND

I Wanna Be A Disney Princess Base Game Dynasty
Goblin King Dynasty The Backup Has Been Found!
Fellowship of the Dynasty - HOF
The Arlo Bunch Documentary

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9710 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:30 AM »
Congratulations Trip!

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9711 on: May 14, 2014, 08:34:00 AM »
Thanks to everyone for the congrats. And I finally sent my PM to the Team. So, fingers crossed!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9712 on: May 14, 2014, 08:41:38 AM »
Great job, Trip!!  ;D

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9714 on: May 19, 2014, 08:41:49 AM »
Waiting for your Immortal Dynasty story, Trip  ;D
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #9715 on: May 19, 2014, 01:29:11 PM »
Thanks for even more congrats from you all! And Sherry, the story has actually been up for a while. It's very behind (at generation two's immortality, as opposed to generation eight's), and I haven't updated in about a month due to personal issues, but you have nearly 60,000 words of material to tide you over until I get back to writing. ;)

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9716 on: May 20, 2014, 07:24:09 PM »
My founder (Phlegah Spirin, link in signature) in my latest immortal dynasty attempt is my first sim ever to try their hand at the film career. I'm in Riverview, and prior to the game starting I put down numerous bars (the Union Cove versions) as well as the Union Cove version of the film rabbithole lot. The issue I'm having is that the game only spawned star level 1 celebrities, and she herself is that level of celebrity. I have the 'Map to Celebrity Houses' LTR and that confirms that the only celebrities I have in town are at 1 star level. The game has even moved in a generated couple of townies, and the female in that couple is level 1 celebrity. I gather that level 1 celebrity isn't enough to get any celebrity opportunities, or at least I'm not getting any in this game. I've played celebrities before, and normally get heaps of celebrity opportunities, usually the same ones time after time. I do have Into the Future installed, however in previous games the celebrity opportunities kept on coming.

In my infinite 'wisdom', I didn't give my founder 'star quality' as one of her traits, I gave her Diva, Charismatic, Flirty, Dramatic, Supernatural Fan, and as I'm in an immortal dynasty, I can't change her traits. I could give her influence with one of the social groups and pick up 'star quality' that way, I suppose or give her the honorary degree LTR and pick up 'star quality' that way, but if there aren't any celebrities in town above level 1, will having 'star quality' help at all?

My founder's hubby died as did another elderly gent in the household, and the third elderly gent in the household should be dying sooner rather than later. I've currently got a space in the household, and could potentially have my founder break up one of the marriages in town (all the male 1 star celebrities are elderly and married) and see if that increases her star level, but I think the other sim has to have a higher star level than my sim for that work.

Other facts about my sim that may be relevant/of interest
- she has level 10 charisma skill (and has completed the know 50 traits and know 25 sims skill challenges)
- she is level 5 in the film career
- she has level 4 or 5 mixology skill
- she has some skill in photography
- LTRs are Observant, Fertility Treatment, Better Mixologist, Multi-Tasker, Office Hero, Map to the Stars

Other (possibly) relevant details:
- Gen 2 has just turned child, so 22 days before anyone in the family can even think about travelling overseas/to uni/to the future
- Phlegah has just turned adult, so 21 days until she's an elder

So, any suggestions on how I go about getting her celebrity level to increase?

EDIT: I debated whether I should be posting this here or on the Latenight board, but ended up thinking here might be the better place as others who do the immortal dynasty challenge might have a solution that fits in with the ruleset of the immortal dynasty challenge. Thanks

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9717 on: May 20, 2014, 08:09:19 PM »
Try becoming best friends with all the one star celebrities, and if that doesn't do it - you will have to resort to breaking up the married couple and do romantic interactions to increase celebrity levels.

Also I thought Immortal Dynasty you can change traits, traits is unrestricted.  Am I wrong?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9718 on: May 20, 2014, 08:21:22 PM »
Mid-Life Crisis reward is banned for immortals, but not non-immortals.

Only half wrong :)

I suppose most of us assume that if Midlife Crisis is banned for Immortals, that would also apply to the brain enhancing 2.0 from UL that can change traits, and any other trait changing item.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #9719 on: May 20, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »
ok thanks Nutella, I guess I must be used to some celebrities in town being 2 star + celebrities.

I've always assumed that any method of changing immortal traits was banned in immortal dynasties.

anything