Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2978291 times)

Offline perksofbeingrachel

• Nooboo
  • Getting stranger, one sim game at a time.
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9736 on: May 26, 2014, 06:57:15 AM »
Sorry if this has been asked before, but a quick search didn't come up with an answer.

What's the state on non-useful CC building objects, like paintings, sculptures, pillows, lights, etc? I want to decorate my house but if I need to stick to EA-made stuff I will. Thanks in advance!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9737 on: May 26, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »
@perksofbeingrachel

Sorry you have to stick to EA made stuff. 

cupcakeunicorn

« Reply #9738 on: May 30, 2014, 12:02:16 PM »
@cupcakeunicorn

Sorry, your dynasty will not be eligible for HoF, but you can continue to play (non HoF).  If you are going for Hall of Fame, you will have to restart, and keep track of the age settings next time so you don't make the same mistake again.
Ok, Thanks. Next time I'll be more careful

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #9739 on: May 30, 2014, 04:19:47 PM »
Hello, few days ago I started a new dynasty (the fourth, hopefully this time I can complete it).
I have a question about changes in edit town. The point is that I don't have all the expansions and now I'm thinking of buying one. Can I add lots that come with this expansion to my immortal dynasty?

I know the rules say that "All changes to Edit Town must be done before your founder has Purchased Their property. New additions are allowed only if a new expansion has been released."

But I don't know if my question falls within that rule.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9740 on: May 30, 2014, 04:41:19 PM »
Yes, you may.

Once you've purchased the expansion, and you fire up the Immortal Dynasty for the first time after the installation, that is the only time you are allowed to place the new buildings in Edit Town.

You may not, however, use that opportunity to also go back and add other buildings you neglected previously from expansions already owned and installed.

IE: If you already own WA, and now purchase Showtime, you may use Edit Town to place Showtime only buildings, but you cannot add WA buildings.

(I hope I'm clear :) )

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
« Reply #9741 on: May 30, 2014, 04:45:30 PM »
Super clear, thank you, Shirin :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9742 on: May 31, 2014, 03:29:14 PM »
You're very welcome! Good luck this time around!

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9743 on: June 02, 2014, 05:39:06 AM »
If three is not the charms, then fourth must be it. Good luck Ceres  :)
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

Offline DisasterAhead

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9744 on: June 02, 2014, 04:24:20 PM »
Hi all, It's MastrChief. I decided to make a new profile because I lost my old password.
I have a question. Is it considered cheating to make yourself 6 horses and then sell them all for money at the beginning of the game?

Thanks

Offline bubbles

• Dynasty Novice
  • Watcher
« Reply #9745 on: June 02, 2014, 04:43:11 PM »
Hi all, It's MastrChief. I decided to make a new profile because I lost my old password.
I have a question. Is it considered cheating to make yourself 6 horses and then sell them all for money at the beginning of the game?

Thanks
I would say yes because it gets you extra money and the whole point of this challenge is humble beginnings (Unless you choose to move in a rich sim). The rule would probably be like cameras; sell them before using the money cheat or keep them forever (Let them die or give them to the shelter for free).
Bubbles's Workshop
Friends are like potatoes; if you eat them, they die. My friends friend.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #9746 on: June 02, 2014, 05:14:16 PM »

Thanks

I believe the ruling on pets is that you may make 1 pet. And if you're going to go that route, why not go for a dog and have it dig up tiberium? Or make your sim a klepto and steal stuff and sell it?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9747 on: June 03, 2014, 01:03:32 AM »
You are only allowed to create one pet. Sad, but if you want money, you need a dog with the hunter trait and a high hunting skill. As Shirin said, get tiberium.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9748 on: June 03, 2014, 03:51:45 AM »
of course, as soon as you go into live mood you can adopt additional animals :)

Offline Sherry

• A stressful student mostly. A 0,01% nice
  • Immortal
« Reply #9749 on: June 03, 2014, 07:34:49 AM »
I would say yes because it gets you extra money and the whole point of this challenge is humble beginnings (Unless you choose to move in a rich sim). The rule would probably be like cameras; sell them before using the money cheat or keep them forever (Let them die or give them to the shelter for free).
Agreed. It's actually nice to start small and humble because in the middle of it you would have too much money already that you would run out of ideas what to do with.
I was impatient at one time in the early gaming and use midas touch potion to make money. It ended up as too much money in the household now and i have no idea what to do with.

Btw I have this question to ask : It's clearly forbidden to use cheat to add money to our household, but am I allowed to use cheat to cut off my household funds into a half?
You want to see a miracle? be the miracle - Bruce Almighty 'God'
Everybody Lies - Gregory House

My current Goth project Goth Affairs
A Blood Red Dynasty My first try in dynasty

anything