Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942450 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #9570 on: March 28, 2014, 09:46:17 PM »
We have a ruling of you must also stay current on patches for the entirety of the file.  I can't make the decision here, let me check with ratchie and we will decide what to do.  Will let you know asap.

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #9571 on: March 28, 2014, 09:52:18 PM »
We have a ruling of you must also stay current on patches for the entirety of the file.  I can't make the decision here, let me check with ratchie and we will decide what to do.  Will let you know asap.

Thank you so much!
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9572 on: March 28, 2014, 11:02:15 PM »
I've just bought a new laptop and installed everything. When I loaded up my dynasty after transferring the save file over, both townies I had moved in, Olive Specter and Nervous Subject, had simply disappeared. I loaded up the file on my old computer and they'd disappeared there too, even though they were both on the picture in the main menu. I also tried a backup I'd just made on the old computer and that has the same problem. Does anyone have any idea what to do?

Offline Lisa46

• Watcher
« Reply #9573 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:57 PM »
One more thing: I don't see anything banning young again for pets.  :) that isn't just me, correct?
I have a cat who I really, really love (best shelter cat I have ever seen) and she's mastered hunting and has good relationships with members of the family. I will be so sad if she dies. Please tell me I can...?

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #9574 on: March 28, 2014, 11:43:44 PM »
One more thing: I don't see anything banning young again for pets.  :) that isn't just me, correct?
I have a cat who I really, really love (best shelter cat I have ever seen) and she's mastered hunting and has good relationships with members of the family. I will be so sad if she dies. Please tell me I can...?

Unfortunately for you, I believe Young Again for pets is banned through this rule in the first post:

•Generation's, Pet's & Supernatural's potions, elixirs and rewards that reverse/freeze/extend/shorten age are not allowed.

However I do think there is a clone voucher for pets that is allowed.

Edit: I do suggest you wait to get confirmation on that from a team member, however. :D

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9575 on: March 28, 2014, 11:45:21 PM »
@Littlesister: If the old save didn't work, you could ask the Team for permission to use Edit Town to move them to the clipboard and back. It works for me when that happens.

@paleogirl6: Dek beat me to it. Basically what he said. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9576 on: March 28, 2014, 11:54:51 PM »
@Littlesister
You have permission to use Edit Town, move family to clipboard and then back - see if that fix the problem.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9577 on: March 29, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »
@Littlesister: If the old save didn't work, you could ask the Team for permission to use Edit Town to move them to the clipboard and back. It works for me when that happens.

@Littlesister
You have permission to use Edit Town, move family to clipboard and then back - see if that fix the problem.

Thanks so much  :) Just to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, this means I go into Edit Town, hit 'Save copy to the library' then 'household only', evict the current family then move the saved family back in?

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #9578 on: March 29, 2014, 12:33:28 AM »
That's how it works, yes. :)
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9579 on: March 29, 2014, 12:45:13 AM »
It worked, thanks so much!  :D I do have one question: I've just installed ITF on my new computer. When I transfer the file over and start playing there, I take it a time portal will appear on my lot. Do I just sell it and bring the funds down to what they were?

Offline Rikki8528

• Occult
  • Sims 3 Fan
« Reply #9580 on: March 29, 2014, 04:14:41 AM »
If you have ITF installed, you will receive a time portal in your lot.  Players must choose to either sell the camera and time portal or keep it forever (never ever sell).  If you sell it, do it before the next step.  If you have more than $1800 after purchasing your lot or selling a camera , then temporarily use the family funds cheat to bring starting funds down to $1800. Here's all you do:

Press Command-Shift-C to open to cheats panel (screen will gray)
Type testingcheatsenabled true, then Return/Enter
Type familyfunds [Nameofhousehold] [1800], then Return/Enter
Type testingcheatsenabled false, then Return/Enter

Offline Littlesister

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #9581 on: March 29, 2014, 05:22:43 AM »
Thank you for that, I had that part of the rules in mind but was just double checking that the same thing applied installing ITF partway through the dynasty, not just at the start.  :)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9582 on: March 30, 2014, 11:09:00 AM »
@pugster101

Our decision is that you have to keep on trying to install the current patch.  Perhaps you could ask on the tech board if you are having trouble installing.

Offline pugster101

• Supreme lover of pugs
  • Townie
« Reply #9583 on: March 30, 2014, 03:59:12 PM »
@pugster101

Our decision is that you have to keep on trying to install the current patch.  Perhaps you could ask on the tech board if you are having trouble installing.

Thanks for replying. I'll work on installing the patch, but does this mean I already failed the dynasty, or can I keep playing while I work on getting it fixed?
The Outcast Immortal Dynasty: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18970.0.html
The Dreamer LS Speed Run: http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/forum/index.php/topic,18639.0.html

We're off to see the Metro, the wonderful Metro Of Man!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #9584 on: March 30, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »
Thanks for replying. I'll work on installing the patch, but does this mean I already failed the dynasty, or can I keep playing while I work on getting it fixed?

You can keep playing while you work on getting it fixed. 

anything