Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2941974 times)

Offline revolution724

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1515 on: December 10, 2010, 07:14:07 AM »
Do you have a rock star already?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1516 on: December 10, 2010, 07:14:54 AM »
As for mixology, try not to buy drinks on house since then Sims won't order drinks from her (having drink already). Having high skill, knowing how to make drinks served in that bar, and having few good unique drinks should help. And let her moonlight in hot spots. You may try to sent all family in bar to order drinks from her and to have them under control. You should also chose her a career with less working hours, no matter which one you choose, since moonlighting is time consuming (and you need 60 Sims to serve, still not shore is that 60 different Sims or orders).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1517 on: December 10, 2010, 07:21:03 AM »
To be honest, folks, I'm not sure why I made the ruling to not allow a studio to be placed. But, that's about to change!  :D (In fact, I need to remember to mention that placing a studio in a Tournament challenge town is okay as well). Perhaps it was because the studio is so large that players would need a certain level of expertise to place it vs the other buildings and I just felt it would be simpler? I don't know. But, if you know how to place it — go for it.

@Pam, please make the appropriate edit in the Guide rules at your earliest convenience.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1518 on: December 10, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
@Pam, please make the appropriate edit in the Guide rules at your earliest convenience.

Woot!  Thanks!  :D
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1519 on: December 10, 2010, 07:50:13 AM »
I am not sure why I had missed that either, for some reason, I thought we could place it.  I had not used it myself either, but I was shocked that I even got it in there.  I remember the post some, Metro was talking about the size and finding a place for it to fit because so many in SV were having a problem.  I put mine over on Pinnacle point.  I had to put it kind of side ways, but it did fit.  I am like Pam, acting would be perfect for my new addition and with the house almost full and a couple of elders are at home now.  I am trying to keep most of them working, so they won't all play instruments and max out those skills.  I think I am getting more and more confused now, lol. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1520 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:59 AM »
I took out 2 of the lots in Sunset Valley - the empty ones up on the road near the junkyard.  The studio fit there nicely.  I haven't used it yet, I thought that Achilles might be an actor as he rolled Star Quality but he ended up going with Renaissance Man due to his genius trait.

OK another question...
Apollo (g1) has 6 best friends, only his spouse is in the household, all others were neighbors or coworkers.  Now Aphrodite (g3) has become best friends with Apollo.  Since Apollo did not count Aphrodite as his best friend, can Aphrodite still count Apollo as one of hers? 

I am thinking that is goes one way...  it doesn't matter who Apollo listed as long as no other immortal (other than Aphrodite) has listed Apollo.  As opposed to both ways where Aphrodite can only list Apollo if Apollo listed her.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Ormonster

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1521 on: December 10, 2010, 09:10:19 PM »
Ugh.. was chugging along great when my 4th generation aged up to child.. without a toddler portrait. Now I have to start over, again. lol. I'm debating whether to stay Bridgeport or head to another town.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1522 on: December 10, 2010, 09:19:14 PM »
I took out 2 of the lots in Sunset Valley - the empty ones up on the road near the junkyard.  The studio fit there nicely.  I haven't used it yet, I thought that Achilles might be an actor as he rolled Star Quality but he ended up going with Renaissance Man due to his genius trait.

OK another question...
Apollo (g1) has 6 best friends, only his spouse is in the household, all others were neighbors or coworkers.  Now Aphrodite (g3) has become best friends with Apollo.  Since Apollo did not count Aphrodite as his best friend, can Aphrodite still count Apollo as one of hers? 

I am thinking that is goes one way...  it doesn't matter who Apollo listed as long as no other immortal (other than Aphrodite) has listed Apollo.  As opposed to both ways where Aphrodite can only list Apollo if Apollo listed her.

This got quite confusing at the end of your post.  However, from the middle part...  yes, Aphrodite can count Apollo as one of her best friends as long as no other Immortal counts him as a best friend.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1523 on: December 10, 2010, 09:56:58 PM »
This got quite confusing at the end of your post.  However, from the middle part...  yes, Aphrodite can count Apollo as one of her best friends as long as no other Immortal counts him as a best friend.

It was quite confusing as I was thinking it, and the longer I thought about it the more confused I made myself.  ::) 

Thanks for the confirmation.

Ugh.. was chugging along great when my 4th generation aged up to child.. without a toddler portrait. Now I have to start over, again. lol. I'm debating whether to stay Bridgeport or head to another town.
I almost let my generation 3 age up without her toddler portrait.  I caught it the evening before her birthday though so all is good so far.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Leontine

« Reply #1524 on: December 11, 2010, 03:25:55 AM »
I'm thinking about trying this out, but I have two little questions:
Can female immortals get their offspring without having a spouse in the house? (Even if they are not gen 7.)
How do I ban vampires from the city?

Offline Anushka

• Watcher
« Reply #1525 on: December 11, 2010, 03:50:52 AM »
Leontine, in rules it is stated that "All offspring must result from natural pregnancies of Sims living in the Dynasty house." Except for gen 7, so it is a no to single mothers in dynasty except for generation 7.
And as for vampires, you can't ban them from game, but it is not allowed to turn into vampire or to marry a vampire.
Good luck with dynasty, it is very fun, you'll see!

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1526 on: December 11, 2010, 03:51:15 AM »
Can female immortals get their offspring without having a spouse in the house? (Even if they are not gen 7.)

No, generations 1 through 6 need to have a spouse living in the house.

How do I ban vampires from the city?

If you have Late Night installed, you cannot ban vampires from the town/city.  The ban against vampires refers to vampires in the family.  No marriage to vampires and no turning into a vampire because of the extended lifespans of vampires.  You can interact with them, just don't have any in your family that's living in the house.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Leontine

« Reply #1527 on: December 11, 2010, 06:59:29 AM »
Thank you!
So I'll give it a try all by myself first... You don't need to see me failing already with gen 2 or so. Which will probably be the case. :-P

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1528 on: December 11, 2010, 08:46:00 AM »
I want to share my checklists:

Diana Jade : Founder - Hopeless Romantic, Green Thumb, Natural Cook, Good Sense of Humour (One other?)
  Supermax Skill - Skill Maxed, 1 Species left to plant (Omni)
  Career - Gardening : Lvl 9 ($40,000 to go)
  Opportunities - Fresh Tomato Sauce, Outstanding Tasting Ingredients, Uncommonly Good, Outstandinly Rare, (Ominficent Plant in progress with 2 more steaks to go)
  Ownerships - Stoney Falls, Hogans Deep Fried Diner.
  Best Friends - Malcolm Landgraab, Christopher Jade, Gabriella Jade, Hank Goddard.
  Unique Lifetime Rewards - Super Green Thumb, Collection Helper, No-Bills Ever.
  Unique Lifetime Want - (5/8 Perfect Plants)
  Museum Portrait/Sculptures/Photographs - Young Adult, Adult
  Current State - Elder

Diana is almost done!  ;D She also only just turned Elder which means she has a great shot at becoming Immortal!
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Kaibilly

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1529 on: December 11, 2010, 03:31:18 PM »
Could someone provide a list of which are properties and which are businesses?  Not sure how I can get 8 of each?

I also wanted to place some of the Late Night buildings, but can't figure out where I am actually supposed to put them, none of the lots are big enough, and you can't make your own like in sims 2, do I need to delete properties already there?
We could learn a lot from crayons:
Some are sharp, some are pretty,
Some are dull, some have weird names,
And all are different colors....but
They all exist very nicely in the same box.

anything