Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971363 times)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1845 on: January 22, 2011, 08:06:34 AM »
Okay, I'm still a little confused. Were you saying yes to the first or the second question?
Because this answer makes this sound correct: If my first Sim is supermaxing gardening, and my second Sim is supermaxing cooking, my first Sim is still allowed to reach level 10 of the cooking skill as long as he doesn't do the skill journal challenges.

No. That won't work. An immortal's SuperMax skill means a) all the Skill Journal Challenges have been done for a given skill, and b) no other immortal has maxed that SuperMax skill keeping it unique for the other immortal. So, in your example, maxing cooking is off limits for your first Sim because you plan on having it be the SuperMax skill for your 2nd Sim. That scenario can work, but obviously making Ambrosia would then fall on the shoulders of spouses. Personally, I would not recommend that because spouses will die and then you're faced with no one to make Ambrosia until the next spouse comes along. Of course, there is the Food Replicator option too.

You said Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills (gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting). Does this mean that none of your other immortals ever reached level 10 of these skills?

Yes. The plan from the get-go for me was to have Recipe be a "Super Man" and everyone else sort of be one-trick ponies. It was simpler that way.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1846 on: January 22, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
Ah, I see.
Thank you so much for that. It's all clear now  ;D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1847 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:04 AM »
Yes. The plan from the get-go for me was to have Recipe be a "Super Man" and everyone else sort of be one-trick ponies. It was simpler that way.

I have started my second attempt at this yesterday.  My founder will be working on three skills however all other immortals will be one-trick ponies.  This attempt I actually have a plan heading into the challenge.  Cooking will be the only skill I have to watch out for accidental maxing if my plan goes according to plan. 
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1848 on: January 22, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Well, I think I am finally going to give this challenge a shot.  Now I just have to figure out what order I want my immortals to do stuff.  I think one challenge for me will be picking the unique rewards for them.  I have a tendency to like several and keep using them for all Sims.  Though I guess I can use the rewards I almost never use for the unique rewards.  But still, some like steel bladder will be for all.  I guess I'll just play and see how it goes.  And I have to figure out what kind of story I want to try for, and where I want to post it to.  I guess I can just make a thread in the story forum.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1849 on: January 22, 2011, 08:28:14 PM »
I'm new to this site (apparently, although I thought I had long since registered lol), but I've used it a while and I've been mulling over this challenge for a while.  I'm clear on the SuperMax skill thing, and most everything else, but I do have two questions.  This thread is extremely long, so admittedly I skipped a good bit, so I'll apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered:

1)  Can anyone be moved into the house who is not a spouse and not intended for involvement in the gene pool of the family?  I.E.  Can the Immortal marry someone else, and have a friend move into the household as well (understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends)?

2)  I saw this on one of the first few pages:  am I to understand that the death flower is a one time deal only?  I.E.  Each Immortal only ever gets one.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1850 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:56 PM »
I'm new to this site (apparently, although I thought I had long since registered lol), but I've used it a while and I've been mulling over this challenge for a while.  I'm clear on the SuperMax skill thing, and most everything else, but I do have two questions.  This thread is extremely long, so admittedly I skipped a good bit, so I'll apologize in advance if these questions have already been answered:

1)  Can anyone be moved into the house who is not a spouse and not intended for involvement in the gene pool of the family?  I.E.  Can the Immortal marry someone else, and have a friend move into the household as well (understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends)?

2)  I saw this on one of the first few pages:  am I to understand that the death flower is a one time deal only?  I.E.  Each Immortal only ever gets one.

1.  Yes, that is correct.  You can move anyone into the Dynasty house, but they have to live there until they die a natural death.

2.  No, you can have more than one Deathflower.  The idea is to make them truly Immortal.  If one Deathflower gets used, you may replace it with another.

3.  Welcome to the Forum!  :)

No. That won't work. An immortal's SuperMax skill means a) all the Skill Journal Challenges have been done for a given skill, and b) no other immortal has maxed that SuperMax skill keeping it unique for the other immortal. So, in your example, maxing cooking is off limits for your first Sim because you plan on having it be the SuperMax skill for your 2nd Sim. That scenario can work, but obviously making Ambrosia would then fall on the shoulders of spouses. Personally, I would not recommend that because spouses will die and then you're faced with no one to make Ambrosia until the next spouse comes along. Of course, there is the Food Replicator option too.

Just to add my thoughts...  I went with a different strategy.  My founder SuperMaxed Gardening, then also maxed Cooking, Charisma, and Fishing.  However, those three maxed skills were maxed by several other Immortals, as well.  I didn't load her up with a bunch of max skills.  Generation 2 did the painting, generation 3 did the sculpting and photos.  I chose to leave as many open as possible for all the generations.

Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1851 on: January 22, 2011, 08:45:03 PM »
Thank you for the welcome, and thank you for the extremely fast answer!   :o

Guess I'll go get started.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1852 on: January 22, 2011, 08:52:58 PM »
I've decided to make my Dreamweaver Dynasty spreadsheet available for everyone to view in the hopes that it will be helpful to see how mine all turned out.  Click the tabs at the bottom of the spreadsheet to view the 8 different Immortals.

Pam's Dreamweaver Dynasty Spreadsheet

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1853 on: January 22, 2011, 08:56:27 PM »
Thanks for that Pam  :)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #1854 on: January 22, 2011, 09:03:28 PM »
Yes, thanks Pam - that will really help!

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1855 on: January 22, 2011, 11:40:42 PM »
OHHH thank you Pam.. This helped out alot.. and after creating a google account a few months ago, I never knew I could do spreadsheets with it! You are a good teacher of all things simish ..  ;D :D

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1856 on: January 24, 2011, 03:43:38 PM »
Hey, My heir Damen Rozhenko (Teen) wasnt making any progress at school even though he'd been going a week Simstar suggested deleting the school and putting it back so I just did that and now the only way to get them back to school is to quit their level 5 painter self-employment.  :( What should I do?  ???

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1857 on: January 24, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
Hey, My heir Damen Rozhenko (Teen) wasnt making any progress at school even though he'd been going a week Simstar suggested deleting the school and putting it back so I just did that and now the only way to get them back to school is to quit their level 5 painter self-employment.  :( What should I do?  ???

Try quitting the self-employed painter career to see if they'll go to school. Then save and exit the game completely. Restart your computer. Then see if rejoining the career still prevents them from going to school.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1858 on: January 24, 2011, 09:28:53 PM »

Also, if this happens again, don't delete the building until you check here first.  That involves going into Edit Town, which is against the rules, and there are a number of things you could have tried before doing that.  I looked back a couple of pages on this thread and didn't see that you posted about trouble with the teenager going to school.  Did I just miss it or did you get the information to delete the school somewhere else?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1859 on: January 24, 2011, 09:51:26 PM »
Another quick question from me: Are your immortals best friends allowed to be family?
If yes, does this include other immortals?