Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2971844 times)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1830 on: January 21, 2011, 10:29:35 AM »
Thanks Saltypaws.
I think the graphics in your dynasty are great.
I'll have a fiddle around with the settings and see what I can come up with.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1831 on: January 21, 2011, 09:09:09 PM »
Sorry to double post again, but I was wondering about the value of the Immortal Museum.
How do you calculate it?
And is it just the value of the paintings, sculptures and pictures?
Or can you add other things (like Pam added furniture) and add that to the total?

Thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1832 on: January 21, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
Sorry to double post again, but I was wondering about the value of the Immortal Museum.
How do you calculate it?
And is it just the value of the paintings, sculptures and pictures?
Or can you add other things (like Pam added furniture) and add that to the total?

Thanks.

The value of the Immortal Museum is only the paintings, ice sculptures, and photographs.  You can put other things in it like I did, but they don't count toward the value at the end.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1833 on: January 22, 2011, 12:15:53 AM »
I have a question. In my dynasty, my founder is about to wrap-up her immortal requirements. She only has to finish her lifetime wish and her 6 best friends. Do old friends count as best friends if they were previously best friends, and they have a full relationship bar?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1834 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:27 AM »
I have a question. In my dynasty, my founder is about to wrap-up her immortal requirements. She only has to finish her lifetime wish and her 6 best friends. Do old friends count as best friends if they were previously best friends, and they have a full relationship bar?

Yes.  If the relationship bar is as full as a Best Friend, they count.  You can also tell by their placement in the relationship panel.  If the Old Friend is right next to a Best Friend, the Old Friend counts.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1835 on: January 22, 2011, 12:45:27 AM »
Yes.  If the relationship bar is as full as a Best Friend, they count.  You can also tell by their placement in the relationship panel.  If the Old Friend is right next to a Best Friend, the Old Friend counts.
Okay, thanks Pam. This could have single-handedly ended my dynasty!

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #1836 on: January 22, 2011, 02:14:27 AM »
I might try this challenge at some point, and I've just finished reading though the whole thread, but I am still slightly confused.
I think this is right, if not, please clarify-
Immortal A maxes gardening, painting and Supermaxes (For Ambrosia) fishing.
But here is where I got confused.
Can Immortal B Supermax (For Ambrosia) gardening or painting? Also, I know he/she can't Supermax Fishing but can he/she just max fishing anyway?
Sorry about bringing this up again... :P
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1837 on: January 22, 2011, 03:53:11 AM »
I might try this challenge at some point, and I've just finished reading though the whole thread, but I am still slightly confused.
I think this is right, if not, please clarify-
Immortal A maxes gardening, painting and Supermaxes (For Ambrosia) fishing.
But here is where I got confused.
Can Immortal B Supermax (For Ambrosia) gardening or painting? Also, I know he/she can't Supermax Fishing but can he/she just max fishing anyway?
Sorry about bringing this up again... :P

If A maxes gardening, painting and supermaxes fishing, future immortals are free to max those skills, but cannot count it as their 'unique supermax skill'.  You can get A to say gardening level 7/8 and completely forbid him from going near the plants after he plants life plants and let B continue the gardening so that it counts as his Ambrosia skill.

Offline RubyLovesSims

• Watcher
  • Edith Appleby
« Reply #1838 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:46 AM »
If A maxes gardening, painting and supermaxes fishing, future immortals are free to max those skills, but cannot count it as their 'unique supermax skill'.  You can get A to say gardening level 7/8 and completely forbid him from going near the plants after he plants life plants and let B continue the gardening so that it counts as his Ambrosia skill.
Right, thanks.
So if any immortal maxes a skill, no other immortal can claim that as a Supermax. Nor can an early immortal Supermax a skill, then a later immortal max that skill too.
I think.
Introducing... The Tunics
Sadly, no longer. Please see the link.

New! The {Appleby} Legacy

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1839 on: January 22, 2011, 04:11:55 AM »
Right, thanks.
So if any immortal maxes a skill, no other immortal can claim that as a Supermax. Nor can an early immortal Supermax a skill, then a later immortal max that skill too.
I think.

The first sentence I am pretty sure is true. As for the second I think the later immortal can max it, as long as the early immortal is already immortal and the skill is 'locked in' as his official Supermax skill.

I get confused about such stuff all the time so let's hope someone can come in and clear our doubts lol. It's sometimes troublesome to keep the early immortals from sneakily using skill objects and gaining random skill points. I have to lock everything up so that they can't get to it lol.

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1840 on: January 22, 2011, 04:20:09 AM »
It's sometimes troublesome to keep the early immortals from sneakily using skill objects and gaining random skill points. I have to lock everything up so that they can't get to it lol.

Tell me about it, my founder keeps trying to sculpt or paint when shes a gardener.

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1841 on: January 22, 2011, 06:10:36 AM »
I just read the last few posts and I'm still a little confused.

Just say my first Sim is a gardener and is going to supermax gardening.
Then my second Sim is going to supermax cooking.
Does this mean that my first Sim can not get to level 10 cooking, and can not make Ambrosia?
Or can he get to level 10 of cooking, as long as he doesn't complete the skill journal challenges?

And another example/question.
If my second Sim has supermaxed cooking, can later generations max the cooking skill and make Ambrosia?
Or can only one Sim in the entire dynasty make Ambrosia?

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1842 on: January 22, 2011, 07:29:05 AM »
I just read the last few posts and I'm still a little confused.

Does this mean that my first Sim can not get to level 10 cooking, and can not make Ambrosia?

That's right. Remember, your Founder (or any other immortal) isn't tied to maxing ONLY one skill for the Ambrosia requirement. They have to max/SuperMax one unique skill, but that does not mean that's it. Life will be a lot easier on you if you load up your Founder with a few skills. Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills in my own Dynasty — gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting.

Or can he get to level 10 of cooking, as long as he doesn't complete the skill journal challenges?

No. If cooking is your first Sim's SuperMax choice that means that no other immortal can max cooking either. They can push cooking to level 9 and stop, but they can't max it because then it's not unique for your first Sim.

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #1843 on: January 22, 2011, 07:44:46 AM »
I might be up too early to be thinking!! LOL But what if Pam or Metro did a sample spreadsheet with "example immortals" just so we have see exactly what we a doing?? Does that make sense? Called it "Immortal Dynasty for Dummies" lol ... ;D ::)

Offline Alexandria_

• Watcher
« Reply #1844 on: January 22, 2011, 07:55:32 AM »
That's right. Remember, your Founder (or any other immortal) isn't tied to maxing ONLY one skill for the Ambrosia requirement. They have to max/SuperMax one unique skill, but that does not mean that's it. Life will be a lot easier on you if you load up your Founder with a few skills. Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills in my own Dynasty — gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting.

Okay, I'm still a little confused. Were you saying yes to the first or the second question?
Because this answer makes this sound correct: If my first Sim is supermaxing gardening, and my second Sim is supermaxing cooking, my first Sim is still allowed to reach level 10 of the cooking skill as long as he doesn't do the skill journal challenges.

No. If cooking is your first Sim's SuperMax choice that means that no other immortal can max cooking either. They can push cooking to level 9 and stop, but they can't max it because then it's not unique for your first Sim.

However, this answer makes that sound incorrect.

You said Recipe Man ended up maxing 5 skills (gardening, cooking, sculpting, photography, and painting). Does this mean that none of your other immortals ever reached level 10 of these skills?

Sorry if I'm making this more confusing  :P

I might be up too early to be thinking!! LOL But what if Pam or Metro did a sample spreadsheet with "example immortals" just so we have see exactly what we a doing?? Does that make sense? Called it "Immortal Dynasty for Dummies" lol ... ;D ::)

That might just be very helpful hahaha.