Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2979873 times)

Offline RJ

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1800 on: January 18, 2011, 08:28:04 AM »
Call me crazy but I already want to start a new dynasty.

Rachel

Call me crazy but I can't wait for you to start a new one!  ;D

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1801 on: January 18, 2011, 08:30:52 AM »
I am going to go with a male founder this time round,watch out Haggness I mean Agnes I am coming to get you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1802 on: January 18, 2011, 08:56:47 AM »
I am going to go with a male founder this time round,watch out Haggness I mean Agnes I am coming to get you.

Rachel

Nice choice, but I think you know that Agnes is already a young adult (at the time that you start the game with 3-4 days till reaching adulthood). That may cause some issues as she'll die earlier, even before your Sim eats Ambrosia, I think. And I would also recommend Holly Alto (once she reaches young adult), in my game she has lots of days till adult and has high levels in gardening, cooking and fishing.
Morgana Wolff is another great choice but she can't sell the house like Agnes, because she has a husband, Thornton Wolff. I think you knew everything I've written long before this, but still I would suggest to think lots on your second dynasty attempt. I say that because because of bad strategy I had to start all over again, recently...

I have an issue. Holly Alto skipped the adult phase, and went straight to elder. Is there a way to fix this, or should I just deal with the issue?

As far as I know there is no way to overcome this bug/glitch. That's because there is absolutely NO WAY to return to a previous life stage (nor cheats, nor mods). I've never seen it happen before to a townie. I suggest testing with your other save files or start a new game to see if this bug reoccurs. If it does reoccur with another Sim, I would recommend fully restarting the game and the computer. This sure cures a lot of game bugs and glitches.

Call me crazy but I can't wait for you to start a new one!  ;D

Me too! I really like reading other members' stories, it sure helped me lots.
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline RJ

• Townie
« Reply #1803 on: January 18, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »
Nice choice, but I think you know that Agnes is already a young adult (at the time that you start the game with 3-4 days till reaching adulthood). That may cause some issues as she'll die earlier, even before your Sim eats Ambrosia, I think. And I would also recommend Holly Alto (once she reaches young adult), in my game she has lots of days till adult and has high levels in gardening, cooking and fishing.
Morgana Wolff is another great choice but she can't sell the house like Agnes, because she has a husband, Thornton Wolff. I think you knew everything I've written long before this, but still I would suggest to think lots on your second dynasty attempt. I say that because because of bad strategy I had to start all over again, recently...

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the spouse dying before the founder becoming immortal except when the spouse is a best friend. My policy is always to get an older wife because my immortals have all got married and tried for baby the day they turn YA (including the founder) so they can't get a younger wife. As for Holly her skills differ in different games, for yours she's a good choice but in others she may not be. Agnes' skills are more fixed since she's already a YA.

I hope I didn't sound offensive but this is just my take after restarting over and over again with a male immortal. (:

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1804 on: January 18, 2011, 09:10:48 AM »
I have used Agnes in my dynasty's and would not have it any other way, but that is my take on it.  As long as she produces an heir and she does the painting, it is all good.  She has made a wonderful mother and wife and I don't even think her grumpy trait even made a difference and of course the money helps, but that is not the only reason why I use her though. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
« Reply #1805 on: January 18, 2011, 10:49:08 AM »
I'm on my third start of my dynasty. I decided to play Barnacle Bay to try it out. Jasmine Noon makes a decent first wife. She's level 6 painting and maxed in charisma. Of course she made it to about 89 days old before my founder hit elder, but that's OK. Picking gardening as the founder's career was not that helpful due to the lack of money tree seeds. My elder founder is almost maxed in his gardening career, he should be OK. I may post on the story board, not sure.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1806 on: January 18, 2011, 11:17:12 AM »
I know of no way to fix that bug. Can you return to an earlier save?

Tried that, but it did not work. I have two ways to go about solving though, if either of them is allowed. One: Can you force a backwards age transition using testingcheats? Two: I could keep her alive with a tattoo or life fruit until I get even with the number of days that she missed: The whole Adult stage.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1807 on: January 18, 2011, 11:24:46 AM »
Tried that, but it did not work. I have two ways to go about solving though, if either of them is allowed. One: Can you force a backwards age transition using testingcheats?

If you can that's news to me.

Two: I could keep her alive with a tattoo or life fruit until I get even with the number of days that she missed: The whole Adult stage.

Yeah, she basically has 3 whole weeks coming to her. So, what I would do is the day she is slated to age up to Elder, feed her Ambrosia one time to reset her back to the beginning of Adulthood. That works for me.

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1808 on: January 18, 2011, 11:26:16 AM »

As far as I know there is no way to overcome this bug/glitch. That's because there is absolutely NO WAY to return to a previous life stage (nor cheats, nor mods). I've never seen it happen before to a townie. I suggest testing with your other save files or start a new game to see if this bug reoccurs. If it does reoccur with another Sim, I would recommend fully restarting the game and the computer. This sure cures a lot of game bugs and glitches.

Me too! I really like reading other members' stories, it sure helped me lots.

I just completed a dynasty using Morgana's husband Thornton as the founders spouse. With the car he brought into the family we had a budget of over 100,000 simoleans to start with. I have already started my new Dynasty with Agnes as the founders spouse. Besides the money which is not that important she brings high levels of painting plus the loner trait,which means she doesn't mind being stuck in the house sculpting all day.
After doing this challenge once without any plan at all I am definitely a woman with a plan this time round.

Rachel

Offline Lilygirl

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Let's spread kindness, grace, and joy.
« Reply #1809 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:42 PM »
Aw and see I'd go for some random Sim no one else has even considered just for uniqueness sake. But that's just me.
You've played too much TS3 when ... your 13 month old's babble sounds like Simlish!

Please read the Forum Rules

☀ Sunburst Immortal Dynasty ☀
The McIrish Bunch RTJ
My Swap Shop Creations

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1810 on: January 18, 2011, 01:35:51 PM »
Yeah, she basically has 3 whole weeks coming to her. So, what I would do is the day she is slated to age up to Elder, feed her Ambrosia one time to reset her back to the beginning of Adulthood. That works for me.

She didn't miss YA, she missed Adult and is now an elder. I assume I can do the same thing: Once she reaches 90, feed her Ambrosia. Also, if you would allow it, I was wondering whether I could give her a death flower just in case she dies of old age before 90, as has happened to me before.

Sorry to seem like such a pain, but I have one more issue. My Sim has the hunted moodlet which has lasted for about 3-4 days. There are no vampires in the household, and it is really bugging me. Is it supposed to last this long?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1811 on: January 18, 2011, 02:14:44 PM »
Do you have any paparazzi at your house they are sometimes vampires.

Rachel

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1812 on: January 18, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
Sorry to seem like such a pain, but I have one more issue. My Sim has the hunted moodlet which has lasted for about 3-4 days. There are no vampires in the household, and it is really bugging me. Is it supposed to last this long?

One of my immortals got the hunted moodlet as a toddler and it persisted her entire life.  For the most part it didn't affect her negatively that I could see but it was aggravating to me.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1813 on: January 18, 2011, 02:32:28 PM »
She didn't miss YA, she missed Adult and is now an elder. I assume I can do the same thing: Once she reaches 90, feed her Ambrosia. Also, if you would allow it, I was wondering whether I could give her a death flower just in case she dies of old age before 90, as has happened to me before.

Yes, that's fine.

My Sim has the hunted moodlet which has lasted for about 3-4 days. There are no vampires in the household, and it is really bugging me. Is it supposed to last this long?

I don't know what would be causing the Hunted moodlet if there are no immediate vampires in the area. Try Resetting that Sim.

Offline n8thegr8

• Townie
« Reply #1814 on: January 18, 2011, 02:46:54 PM »
I don't know what would be causing the Hunted moodlet if there are no immediate vampires in the area. Try Resetting that Sim.

Resetting the Sim is not working. I know that I could delete it using testingcheats.

anything