Author Topic: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile  (Read 129412 times)

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Domination Dynasty: Resistance is Futile
« Reply #256 on: August 02, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »
Okay thanks Nutella I'll wait and see what Metro says then.

Been testing some things with my saved alien, getting them out of CAS as an alien seems erratic, sometimes they come out as an alien all powers intact sometimes as a human that looks like an alien, it's taken me several tries to get both sims to stay alien sometimes just one did sometimes both turned human but it is at least possible to get a binned alien to stay that way if you have the patience to keep trying.

On the plus side clone vouchers work on them, I was debating if a fake alien might be better if they didn't work but thankfully they do.

I did try Aliens founder on my test dynasty, have some tips for you.

Pros:
1) Clone vouchers work just fine on aliens.
2) No need to sleep, just find a few rocks and consume.
3) Transmutation, makes getting money extremely easy.

Cons:
1) All the babies look the same, they all grow up looking the same.  I didn't like it as I like my children to have all different looks.
2) Cannot change lifestate at all.  As alien you can't drink elixir to change lifestate - this makes it slightly difficult for me as sometimes I want one or two of my children to become witch or fairy etc.  I didn't try the manual method of changing lifestate (vampire bite), not sure if that is possible.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #257 on: August 02, 2014, 01:51:52 PM »
I'm not too bothered if they look the same to be honest, it's all part of the clone thing for me  ;D

This alien is the first I ever kept, all my abduction babies got sent back home as I was playing a challenge or dynasty when it happened, I already cloned him in CAS to get his wife, although I did tweak her slightly. Shame he wont have a spaceship but I've got lucky before with aliens leaving them on community lots I have then bought so you never know I might get lucky again.

I knew about the sleeping but not transmutation, I shall have to try that, thanks Nutella.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #258 on: August 02, 2014, 05:03:04 PM »
I'm back from a short vacation and almost through with this. My strategy seems to be to take as long as humanly possible.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
  • Iceland has over 50 words for snow!
« Reply #259 on: August 02, 2014, 06:29:53 PM »
My first drone is almost ready to move out (YAY). I'm confused by the process that we need to follow to achieve this.

The ruleset says:

Once it is time to move out, Young Adults must use their Smartphone to move to a home.
The home being moved into must be purchased. Drones must first be moved into any available empty homes. Once all empty homes have been filled each Young Adult moving out may enter Edit Town and kick out a family as long as your drone is Best Friends with some member in that household.

So, My drone uses her cellphone and selects 'Real Estate and Travel Services' and then 'Purchase Additional Home', is that correct?

Or does my drone use her cellphone and select 'Real Estate and Travel Services' and then 'Move' and then 'Within this neighbourhood'?

Or is either finer?

Sorry, up until the House Hunters challenge, I've never actually moved to a new house in Sims 3, and I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. :)

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #260 on: August 02, 2014, 06:36:01 PM »
Use move within this neighborhood. If you buy an additional home, the drone is still part of your household and the family will just have an extra house.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #261 on: August 02, 2014, 06:41:18 PM »
ok, thanks.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline _Annika_

• Immortal
« Reply #262 on: August 02, 2014, 11:55:10 PM »
@Metro - If the king or queen dies, wouldn't it still be possible to complete the challenge, albeit more slowly, if the townie/founders are kicked out and not used as clones, and only the clone-voucher clones are used to populate the town? You'd need more RDs, but it could still work. Unless of course, for the integrity of the hive, and the spirit of the challenge, the founder sims are biologically unable to reproduce with townies/residents ;)

Online Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2014, 07:14:35 AM »
Yeah , if the king or queen died it definitely goes against the spirit of the challenge, so I do not think I am budging on that issue to carry on. (but, you can still try to change my mind hehe)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2014, 07:16:19 AM »
Annika, I was going to say that you can only have as many clones as you have infants, but Metro beat me.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #265 on: August 04, 2014, 12:04:37 PM »
Hey! I have a doubt about the "Edit town" from this challenge: its says "Empty commercial lots would need their lot designation changed to residential." And then it says: "...undesignated lots would need their lot designation changed to one of these four choices only: Hangout, Beach, Big Park or Cat/Dog Park..." And then there is the list of the lots that need to be changed to one of those choices.

So my question is what is the difference between "empty commercial lots" and "undesignated" lots? Specifically I want to play in Moonlight Falls, there are two lots that I don't know what they are: 428 Huckelberry Lane, and 2345 Waning Way, they are not in the list, are those the empty commercial ones that I have to change to residential?

The lots that I'm going to change their designation to dog/cat park, can I also add the park itself, or do I just change the designation and leave it empty?

From the 5 lots that I can do whatever with them, it says that I can bulldoze two to make a big one, can I bulldoze one to make two small ones?
ĄPura vida!

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #266 on: August 04, 2014, 02:10:11 PM »
428 Huckleberry Lane is an empty commercial lot.  According to the rules, you will need to change that lot to residential and put down a house on it.  Or you can use that lot as one of your 5 lot changes and do whatever you want with it.

2345 Waning Way is also an empty commercial lot.

Undesignated lots are like small parks (example: 305 knott street), it has a different icon than the empty commercial lot.  Those lot you just need to change the designation to one of the four, and it will not count towards your 5 lot allowance.

If you are just changing the designation to dog/cat park, that will not count towards your 5 lot allowance.  However if you are entering the lot and putting down a venue or anything, that will count towards your 5 lot allowance.

Yes you can bulldoze 2 lots to make one big one -- that will count as 2 out of your 5 lot allowance.

Yes you can bulldoze one big one to make 2 small ones -- that will count as 1 out of your 5 lot allowance.

Offline Deklitch

• Nemesis of Reality
  • Watcher
« Reply #267 on: August 05, 2014, 02:20:30 AM »
I was playing in my Tribble Domination file earlier, when it started going really slow. I saved, exited, closed the computer down, restarted the computer, and cleaned the caches. Went back into Sims 3 and tried to open the saved game file. I got the error message "A serious problem has occurred with the saved game." So, I closed the computer down. May I return to the previous saved game?

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #268 on: August 05, 2014, 04:47:45 AM »
Sure Dek go ahead and return to the saved game.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Tandrael

• Townie
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2014, 11:23:59 AM »
I wanted to use my dragon in this challenge, but now I just don't have dragon valley, or any other store content, I guess I've been playing too long without it and it got mad at me and left!

Does anyone of you know where to find it?
ĄPura vida!