Author Topic: You know you've played too much Sims when..  (Read 432964 times)

Offline wolvie19

• Nooboo
Re: You know you've played too much Sims when..
« Reply #1020 on: February 20, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »
You know you've played too much Sims when...you play standing up with the laptop balanced on the back of a chair for two hours because you need to work on your challenge game but are in too much pain to sit comfortably.  I actually did this last night after hurting my leg falling down the stairs.

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1021 on: February 20, 2013, 11:23:02 PM »
Too funny :) I did something similar... when I was in labour with my son, I leaned on my chair when I needed to at intervals, then got back on the chair to play. Unfortunately for me, my sim got to have her baby before I did.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1022 on: February 21, 2013, 01:00:42 AM »
...you have withdrawal-like systems because your game won't work and then have a dream that you're pretending to be a druggie.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1023 on: February 21, 2013, 01:31:02 AM »
Too funny :) I did something similar... when I was in labour with my son, I leaned on my chair when I needed to at intervals, then got back on the chair to play. Unfortunately for me, my sim got to have her baby before I did.

Wow! Did you make it to the hospital?
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1024 on: February 21, 2013, 02:21:31 AM »
Yeah, I was way too early though. It had been over 6 years since I'd had my daughter and forgot how bad it should get. With my second daughter though, I was there for only a few hours, so it was good timing. Possibly a little too late for an injection I should have had though - but the midwife dilly-dallied too much. My sister, who was pregnant with her first, was very worried that I was leaving it too late, and was getting a real eye opener into what labour is really like! Sigh.. talking about it makes me wish I could have another one (hubby says no). Ah well. I'll have to live through my sims!

Louise56

« Reply #1025 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:09 AM »
Wow Chuckles! That is dedication lol. :P

Chuckles_82

« Reply #1026 on: February 22, 2013, 06:18:35 PM »
When you have more very vivid vampire dreams. You are creeping through a vampire town, trying to stay hidden. Then you meet a tall, good-looking, friendly vampire. He seems to be interested in you, but maybe he's just extra friendly, you know? So you get to talking, and then the scene changes, as it does in dreams, and it's lunchtime, and you offer yourself to him for lunch. He asks if you're sure, and you shyly tell him that you've never done this before. He pulls you close, then gently pulls your long hair back from your neck. You wait nervously for his teeth to pierce your neck, like waiting to get a needle. His teeth sink in, and you feel your blood starting to drain. You get dizzy, and you feel a sense of complete bliss as you relax into his arms....

So maybe I have more issues that just a sims addiction lol.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1027 on: February 22, 2013, 09:41:42 PM »
So maybe I have more issues that just a sims addiction lol.

If you think you have issues - I'm waaaaaaaaay past any help.

On Thursday my husband rings me at work to say he coming in to pick me up early.  I'm thinking 'oh good I should have enough time to post the next chapter of my story'.  Sadly no, hubby picked me up early because his mother died and again my first thought was Sims - 'good luck with that one Grim, you're going to need it'. 

I know it's supposed to be sad, but I'm not going to be a hypocrite.  I cried more over Agnes Crumplebottom dying! 
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
« Reply #1028 on: February 22, 2013, 10:05:55 PM »
@ Magz - Good heavens! She must have been an...interesting person. (Still though, my condolences...)

I was at work for a crazy 14 hours yesterday, and while waiting for the last straggler to our staff meeting (who only showed up AFTER it was over) I was trying to pick traits to match my co-workers. I pegged my boss as having the Good Sense of Humor, Dog Person, Computer Whiz, Genius, and Friendly traits (realizing then that I'm lucky to have such an awesome boss). The straggler who was late is Genius, Artistic, No Sense of Humor, Unlucky, and Absent-Minded.

Oh, and I have a pet rat named Arlo. Yes, after that Arlo. :)

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1029 on: February 23, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »
@ RaiaDraconis - I'm glad I'm not the only one who has given Sim traits to people they work with!  :D

My boss (owner of the buisness)  would be Workaholic, Equestrian, Friendly, Natural Cook, Loves the Outdoors (ok, she owns a farm, rides/shows horses, makes the best Roast beef with Yorkshire puddings and chocolate dipped strawberries - yes I love being invited to dinner - and she never stops working, even when she's broken ribs, foot, had surgery, etc etc) My other boss (asst. manager/boss?) would be Equestrian, Grumpy, Athletic, Frugal, Loves the outdoors (I wish I could have used Grumpy for all her traits!  But she also rides horses, goes to the gym every day and is a sourpuss to be around... Grumpy suits her well.... did I mention grumpy?) And of course there are the other people I work with... but those are my bosses.  Now of course I'm going to be thinking of this all the next time I work! 

HAHA

Offline Magz from Oz

• Watcher
« Reply #1030 on: February 23, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
I did the same with my supervisor.  She is Athletic, Snob, Schmoozer, Ambitious, Evil and then you think, "I work with Vita Alto on steroids!"
Where there is love - there is life. -- Mahatma Gandhi

My Stories:
1. Duty Calls
2. Duty Calls Sequel: Islands of Sunset Valley
3. The Lady of the Lake
4. The Secret Time Traveler

Offline dru_rav13

• Nooboo
« Reply #1031 on: February 23, 2013, 07:34:28 AM »
...... you are talking their language. "Wip na jaba dawg!!!"  "Sheema, Sheema, Woo Hoo !!! "

** I don't know the exact spelling of those words they are saying, I just spelled it based from what I've heard. **

Offline cndneh

• Watcher
« Reply #1032 on: February 23, 2013, 11:42:04 AM »
I did the same with my supervisor.  She is Athletic, Snob, Schmoozer, Ambitious, Evil and then you think, "I work with Vita Alto on steroids!"

haha!  that's awesome!  Vita Alto on steroids... that's a horrible thought!

...... you are talking their language. "Wip na jaba dawg!!!"  "Sheema, Sheema, Woo Hoo !!! "

** I don't know the exact spelling of those words they are saying, I just spelled it based from what I've heard. **

You know you play to much sims when.... Doesn't matter the spelling we all know what you are talking about. :D

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1033 on: February 23, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »

haha!  that's awesome!  Vita Alto on steroids... that's a horrible thought!

You know you play to much sims when.... Doesn't matter the spelling we all know what you are talking about. :D

...And when you can just hear at least one sim voice saying them in your head when you read them.  ;D

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1034 on: February 23, 2013, 04:13:33 PM »
...and you have to say them too  ;D
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything