Author Topic: The Sakura 4x4- Epilogue-Part XII: Karma (Sept 3) COMPLETE  (Read 106915 times)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 1: And So it Begins (Nov 6)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 03:44:22 PM »
Aw Makoto is so sweet. Good thing he accompany Niji in the adventure.

I see that you are continuing with Japanese names. (I must confess that when reading the name Makoto I can only think of sailor jupiter :P )

I had no idea what to name Niji's boyfriend so I went through my Japanese dictionary to find something and I thought Makoto was a nice name based on its meaning.  However, I want to do different name themes so that will be it for Japanese for a bit.  The theme for Bridgeport is places.

Yes! That would be fun, tutoring Julie in the Zen Art of Whacking Grim With a Rolled Up Newspaper!

At least she has the love of her life by her side, if you were cruel, he'd lave her after deciding she was insane :D

I am a sucker for happy endings so there was no way that was going to happen.  And sign me up for the Zen Art of Whacking Grim With a Rolled Up Newspaper class!  Sounds like tons of fun  :)

It would have been really cruel if Makoto hadn't been there at all  ??? But I'm glad he was. Bridgeport is an interesting choice for a starter town.

I wasn't sure where I wanted to start, really, so I chose at random.  I assigned each city a number and then used a random number generator to pick where I'd be starting.  Bridgeport was the lucky winner for this round.  I'll be doing the same thing with the other three places too.  Keeps it more interesting that way  :)

Chapter 2- London Bridge

Once we were married, Makoto and I got straight to work on some things so we could get this dynasty off to a good start.  My lifetime wish was to be an Illustrious Author so I purchased an easel and started on my painting skill.  I decided that I would work as a painter so that way I could stay home and take care of the kids at the same time. 

Makoto wanted to join the Science career because his lifetime wish was to Become a Creature-Robot Cross Breeder.  He wasn't sure if he should join the science career right now or wait until the heir was born but I told him to just do it.  Makoto was happy to hear me encourage him and quickly went off to the science center to apply for a job.  He called me a few minutes later to tell me that he had been hired.  I was so happy to hear that! 

Makoto made a quick trip to the local supermarket after getting his new job.  He needed to begin working on his gardening skill for his new job.  We also figured that this would be a good way to earn a little extra income until the money from Makoto's job and my paintings really started coming in.

Once I gained a skill point in painting, I placed a call to the employment office to register myself as a self-employed painter.  I quickly got dressed and then headed down to city hall to make it official.

It was a good thing that I went earlier in the day because that night I started to not feel so good.

The next morning, while working at my easel, I got some good news.  Makoto and I were expecting!

Makoto was in the bathroom getting ready for work.  I came and told him the good news.  He was so excited!  Makoto was very Family Oriented and we often talked about wanting kids in the future.  I guess now was our chance.

Makoto then went off to his first day of work with a bright smile on his face.  For some reason, his hair style changed to be a little more free flowing.  I guess that's the style in the science world.

I spent my day working on my painting skill.  Within a painting or two, I was able to earn my first promotion.

Makoto had a really productive day at work.  He was very close to getting his first promotion but wanted to work on his mechanical skill so he would be prepared for the upcoming levels of his career.  Good thing because the toilet needed some serious work.

The days went by pretty fast.  Makoto went to work and gardened while I painted.  A few days later however, I went into labor.

I sort of panicked a little but pulled myself together and headed to the hospital.  Makoto was at work so I gave him a call once I was admitted to let him know what was going on.

We really didn't have a preference as to whether we had a girl or a boy so we let nature decide on the first heir.  After a few hours, we were pleased to bring our son, London Sakura, into the family.  London was Friendly and also Artistic, just like me.

Now that we had a little one in the house, we needed to rearranged the house a bit.  Makoto moved our bedroom into the former garage and transformed our former bedroom into London's nursery.

The shortened lifespan definitely took some getting used to.  Before we knew it, it was time for London to age up into a toddler.  I was really looking forward to see who he resembled more  :)

Offline Geniequeen122

• Occult
  • I am the queen of genies FEAR ME
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 2: London Bridge (Nov 10)
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:57:22 AM »
They just took living in a garage to a whole new level. Not sure how, but they did.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2014, 07:09:49 PM »
This is the same house I used for my final world in my 4x4. The garage was the nursery and ended up being a skill room and finally the museum. Not a lot of house choice in Bridgeport for a family.

Offline Brooke.

• Oh, burn!
  • Occult
  • No sweeties for you, my little cupcakes.
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2014, 04:08:46 AM »
London's a lovely name and my home town   ;)
Life State Dynasty: The Blackburns In Monte Vista (Complete)
Domination Dynasty: Down With Lamps: Djinn Takeover (Complete)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2014, 03:35:59 PM »
They just took living in a garage to a whole new level. Not sure how, but they did.

Yep, pretty much.

This is the same house I used for my final world in my 4x4. The garage was the nursery and ended up being a skill room and finally the museum. Not a lot of house choice in Bridgeport for a family.

Yeah, there really wasn't.  I was between two houses, this one and a reddish/violet one.  I went with this one because I think the lot dimensions were a tiny bit larger than the other one.  Plus, it is structured nicely that I can build upward, which you'll see in Gen. 2.

London's a lovely name and my home town   ;)

What a coincidence!  I really like London as a name  :)

Chapter 3- Little Mak

This shortened life span really took some time getting used to; not that we had that much time in the first place!  Before we knew it, it was time for London to grow up.  Makoto and I purchased a cake for the birthday celebration and I brought my little boy up to the cake.

The sparkles hit and then London aged up into a handsome little baby boy.

London is identical to his father, but with my skin tone.  He is going to grow into a gorgeous young man one day, but hopefully not too soon.

London was such a good little boy.  He would find ways to occupy himself when Makoto and I were busy.

Time was of the essence to teach London his toddler skills.  First things first, how to use the potty.

Like me, London had a love of music.  I smiled when I saw him play the xylophone for the first time.  London sort of shocked himself because all of a sudden, his toy made noise!

And then he decided to eat the hammer.

One of the things that I wanted to make sure that I told London was about the dynasty and my deal with Grim.  My little boy had a lot on his tiny little shoulders but I wanted him to be prepared for the road ahead.  London looked up at me with his big, beautiful blue eyes and listened intently as I talked to him.  In some effect, I'm sure he took everything I explained to heart.

When I put London to sleep for that evening, Makoto and I had a little chat about things.  We thought that London could use a sibling to help him through all of the challenges that come with being an heir.  Someone who he could rely on and be there when things got tough.  Makoto and I both agreed that we wanted to have another child.

The next morning, I wasn't feeling so well so Makoto took over working with London.  He taught him how to walk.

Since my boys were having fun together, I took this moment to excuse myself and get some painting done.  I still had a ways to go until I would max out the painting skill and we could also use the extra money from selling the portraits.

Makoto also worked on his mechanical skill while London was having lunch.  Our appliances were somewhat sub-par, so these upgrades were a nice touch.

It was later that evening that I got the confirmation that I was, indeed, pregnant again.  Makoto and I thought that it would be nice to have a little girl this time, so I began a strict diet of watermelons hoping that it would increase my chance of a baby girl.

Although, another sweet little boy would be just as wonderful.

Boy or girl.  Either way, we were really looking forward to meeting baby #2!

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 3: Little Mak (Nov 14)
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 02:25:13 PM »
London has beautiful eyes and I love his name. Now I wonder how his sister will be called.

It is interesting to see how this story continues. I'm taking notes  ;D

Offline Ry3219

• Nooboo
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 11:46:17 PM »
Hey Sister! Look I'm reviewing! I love the outfit for Niji, it's very Edgey ( Pun intended). I would love to take a guess on the gender of the second child, but based on the fact that we give each other frequent updates as we play our Sims Dynasties while we sit about two feet from each other I already know the gender. I can't wait for you to update so all the people who aren't your sister get to know the gender results.  ;)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2014, 02:16:18 PM »
London has beautiful eyes and I love his name. Now I wonder how his sister will be called.

It is interesting to see how this story continues. I'm taking notes  ;D

I love doing custom eyes and hair and that eye color is one of my favorites.

Hey Sister! Look I'm reviewing! I love the outfit for Niji, it's very Edgey ( Pun intended). I would love to take a guess on the gender of the second child, but based on the fact that we give each other frequent updates as we play our Sims Dynasties while we sit about two feet from each other I already know the gender. I can't wait for you to update so all the people who aren't your sister get to know the gender results.  ;)

It's about time you reviewed, kid!

Chapter 4- Watermelon Failures

I was working at my easel when I went into labor.

I was hoping to hold off until later this evening because it was also the day that London would be aging up into a child.  Unfortunately, London's younger sibling decided that he or she couldn't wait any longer so it was off to the hospital.  London also decided that he couldn't wait any longer to age up, so he aged up shortly after Makoto and I left.

Here is little London.  He gained the Family Oriented trait. 

Although Makoto and I would have loved to have had a little girl, we were still very thrilled to welcome our son into the family.  We named him Dayton and he is a Genius and Loves the Outdoors.

Because we were short on space in the house, London graciously agreed to share a room with his little brother.  We bought London a new bed, as well as his very own easel, which he was very excited about.  We kept London's baby things and just repainted them so that they would reflect Dayton's favorite color, orange.

The next day, London began his first day of school.  He was a little apprehensive but ended up having a good day anyway.

London's birthday was only the first of many upcoming birthdays in our household.  Makoto was working in the garden after he came home from work one night when it became time for his Adult birthday.

The next day, it was time for Dayton to age up into a toddler already.  The baby days go by way too fast if you ask me.

While London may be a miniature version of Makoto, Dayton is a miniature version of me.

The final birthday for a bit was my Adult birthday.  Thankfully, things were quiet for a bit after that.

London was a very good student.  He knew that his time in elementary school was very limited because of our shortened life span so he made sure to always do his homework and study to get good grades.  London did receive an A in school shortly before his teenage birthday.  We were all so proud of him.

While London was working on his homework, Dayton had some homework of his own to work on.  He needed to learn his toddler skills.  I worked with him while Makoto was at work.  I made sure to tell Dayton all about his important role in this dynasty.  He would need to be there to help out not only his brother, but all of the generations in this first city.

Now that we had our hands full with two kids in the house, Makoto thought that we could use an extra set of hands in the house.  We had a little extra spending cash between Makoto's job, his gardening, and my paintings, so we hired a maid.

We also got a little extra cash from London, who took up painting rather quickly.  I guess he gets it from me.

He was quite the talented artist, don't you think?

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 4: Watermelon Failures (Nov 24)
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2014, 02:33:54 PM »
Wow, time flies in medium length. I only play in normal so I have to get used to it if I want to make a 4x4.

It was a boy!!!  ;D haha I totally thought it was a little sister that was coming (with Niji eating watermelon). Are you planning to extend his life for four generations to have a single assistant? It is a good idea, I had not thought of it. Yes to extending some lives but not for so long.

Good update like always!  ;)

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 4: Watermelon Failures (Nov 24)
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2014, 10:43:45 AM »
Wow, time flies in medium length. I only play in normal so I have to get used to it if I want to make a 4x4.

It was a boy!!!  ;D haha I totally thought it was a little sister that was coming (with Niji eating watermelon). Are you planning to extend his life for four generations to have a single assistant? It is a good idea, I had not thought of it. Yes to extending some lives but not for so long.

Good update like always!  ;)

Thanks, CeresIn!  I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with the spare but decided that it would be a good idea to keep Dayton around for a while.  I just hit generation three in game and he is a very helpful addition to the family.  I think I'm going to do that for each city.

I'm back!  November is finally over so I can focus on my simming a little bit more.  And, if anyone was wondering, I did hit 50k words for NaNoWriMo  ;D

Chapter 5- Thick as Thieves

You would think that Makoto and I would be used to the shortened life span by now but we still were surprised when London's birthday rolled around that weekend.  Our little boy was going to be a teenager.

We got him a birthday cake and celebrated together that morning.

Here is a teenage London.  He gained the Perfectionist trait.  That was going to be very useful if he was going to be an artist.

London knew that he wanted to pursue a career in the arts.  He immediately headed into his room to work on a painting so he could join the Painter career as soon as possible.

The painting didn't go for much but London was happy to have some simoleans in his pocket and I was proud that my little boy was officially an artist.

Once the birthday excitement settled down, Makoto and I turned our attention to Dayton.  He still had some skills to learn before his birthday so he and Makoto got to work.

It was a good thing that we managed to get everything done because, the next day, Dayton aged up into a child while playing with his peg box.

Here is little Dayton.  He gained the Genius trait.

With the weekend over, it was time for both boys to head to school.  Dayton was looking forward to attending school for the first time while London was a bit apprehensive about starting high school.  The prom rolled around a few days into the school week, so London was able to focus his attention on that.  London was crowned Prom King!  He was so surprised and that really helped him settle into school much faster.

Despite the age difference and lack of time, London and Dayton were the best of friends.  They always made time for each other, even if it was just a quick chat over homework.  I think both boys knew how important it was to build a good relationship with each other.  London was going to need to rely on Dayton for his help and support when Makoto and I were no longer around.  Dayton was going to need to stay strong because his only brother would have to sacrifice himself at some point for the dynasty requirements in order to assist later generations in their goals.  They were happy right now and that's all that mattered.  London and Dayton were as thick as thieves so Makoto and I were also happy.

Doing homework together also allowed for the boys to finish their assignments that much faster.  Because of that, they had some time for other activities before going to bed for the night.  London painted.  Dayton begged us for a chemistry set.  He was going to need it at some point so Makoto and I agreed to get him one now so he could begin working on discovering some potions.  Needless to say, Dayton was pretty excited.

Offline CeresIn

• Occult
  • Sims 3 addict.
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 5: Thick as Thieves (Dec 5)
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 07:41:26 PM »
Congratulations on reaching 50k words! This was the first year that I attended, but did not reach the 50k, maybe next time.

London is a cute teen. Good thing the brothers get along with each other!

Until next time!

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 5: Thick as Thieves (Dec 5)
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 12:38:10 PM »
Congratulations on reaching 50k words! This was the first year that I attended, but did not reach the 50k, maybe next time.

London is a cute teen. Good thing the brothers get along with each other!

Until next time!

Thanks, CeresIn!  I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to do it but I'm having a lot of fun with story that I'm currently writing.  I should have it finished before the end of the year, which is really good for me!

Chapter 6- The Future Mrs. London

Dayton was inseparable from his chemistry set.  He only parted with it to sleep, eat, go to school and occasionally use the restroom.  Otherwise, Makoto and I always knew where to find him.  In fact, we were getting ready to celebrate his teen birthday but Dayton ended up missing it because he kept asking for a few more minutes to finish up his latest creation.

Dayton gained the Great Kisser trait.

I think that his time away from the chemistry set caused something to either over boil or mix improperly because this was the result.

We managed to snag Dayton before he could head back to his room because it was time for London's birthday.  The celebration we had planned for Dayton didn't go to waste after all!

London gained the Virtuoso trait as his final one.  He gets it from me.

London turned his attention entirely toward his painting.  He knew that time was of the essence so he wanted to get a good head start on his requirements.  I can definitely say that London really got into his painting.

He did, however, take a bit of a break one day.  Makoto and I were quite surprised to not find him at his easel but a quick look out the window told us why.

Now that he was a young adult, London had caught up in age to one of his friends.  It seems that time had not erased the attraction between the two.

That face said it all.

London swept his friend off her feet.  Literally.

But it didn't stop there.  London asked her to go steady...

And then asked her to be his wife.

Much to our delight, she said yes!

The happy couple embraced each other and then came inside the house to tell us the good news, though we already knew. 

We also invited the future Mrs. London to come live with us.  Here is Deidre Littler.  She is such a pretty girl, well, young lady, rather.

Welcome to the family, Deidre!

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 6: The Future Mrs. London (Dec 8)
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 01:55:13 PM »
Welcome Deidre!
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Offline Malley

• Watcher
  • Simming since 2002
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 6: The Future Mrs. London (Dec 8)
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2014, 02:33:51 PM »
Welcome Deidre!

I love Deidre.  She was so unusually pretty, as opposed to the standard EA face.  Deidre was a great spouse and she and London really loved each other, which made things even better  :)

Chapter 7- A Glimpse of Gray

Now that we had a new member in the family, the house needed a much overdue makeover.  We had a decent amount of income now, so we were finally able to spruce up the house.  Here is the new living room.

The room that Dayton and London once shared was now solely Dayton's room.  Dayton, of course, allowed his big brother to leave his easel in his room for the time being.

We also updated the kitchen and the bathroom.  We upgraded all of the appliances in both rooms, which made things so much easier and convenient.

Here is Deidre and London's room.  It was painted green, which was London's favorite color.  We also added a chess set for Deidre because she expressed a wish to learn the logic skill.

While the renovations of the house may have been stressful, I didn't think that they would be so stressful that Makoto and I would grow grey hair.  However, Makoto, on his way to bed that night, aged up into an Elder.

The sparkles hit and suddenly, there was a glimpse of grey in front of me.

I assured Makoto that he was still just as handsome as the day we met.

Deidre fit in very well with all of us.  She came into the house and fell into a routine that seemed like she had always been a part of our family.

Dayton also allowed her to use his chemistry set.  Now that is trust and acceptance from Dayton's point of view.

But she also made time to help out around the house.  Deidre volunteered to help Makoto with the garden so he didn't have to spend too many hours outside after work.

I had been out at a party the next night.  It was a pool party that one of my friends invited me to but the party started for me before I even reached the floor.

Like Makoto, the sparkles hit me and then I was suddenly grey!

At least I aged up in a nice bathing suit.

We weren't done with birthdays.  Deidre had her adult birthday later that night.

She had somewhat of a midlife crisis after aging up so she wanted to do something different.  After talking it over with London, Deidre settled for a new hairstyle.  I think it suits her well.

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
Re: The Sakura 4x4- Chapter 7: A Glimpse of Grey (Dec 15)
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2014, 02:58:39 PM »
The new hairstyle suits Deidre well, but I'm of the opinion that Makoto needs to switch to "literally anything else" after his birthday. :P
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded