Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 30074 times)

Offline Vesper

• Townie
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »
Am setting up a new attempt, as this challenge is just the best, and plan to randomize my founder again as it worked out well with Penny.

Just wanted to check eligibility of StrangeVille sims as founders. In the eclectic arts household all three are YA - Alice Martin, Leslie Holland, and Mark Eggleston. In the Sigworth household Christie, a child, presumably can be aged up. Are we OK to play with any of these four?

Also are there any rules about moving into StrangeVille (ie before the mystery is solved)? I'm not sure I'd want to but thought it worth checking.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »
Please tag me in post if there are problems with the spreadsheet, so that I can take a look at it.
This spreadsheet is very complicated, and needs a redo for sure.
Hope you all found a way to work around it untill i am ready.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
@Vesper, Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Strangerville Sims are certainly eligible, and you can play there if you want.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--The Wisewoman of Forgotten Hollow

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:12 AM »
I've managed to fail this challenge three time so far but its super fun so im okay w it ^^
but for attempt 4 i cured Vladislaus Straud and then noticed he hasn't aged whilst i've been playing him? and ea site say that this is intentional because Vlad is made so that he won't age... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NOT-BUG-Cured-vampire-sims-won-t-age/td-p/5954103

should i start attempt number five with a founder who isnt vlad because im pretty sure immortality is a form of life extension thus against the rules?
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2019, 07:12:40 AM »
I've managed to fail this challenge three time so far but its super fun so im okay w it ^^
but for attempt 4 i cured Vladislaus Straud and then noticed he hasn't aged whilst i've been playing him? and ea site say that this is intentional because Vlad is made so that he won't age... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NOT-BUG-Cured-vampire-sims-won-t-age/td-p/5954103

should i start attempt number five with a founder who isnt vlad because im pretty sure immortality is a form of life extension thus against the rules?

Actually, I think you're okay with Vlad as a founder. Your heir will move out before his immortality becomes an issue. When I did the challenge, I had a spouse who was an immortal because he'd been created that way, and it wasn't a problem.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »
Thankyou MarianT!

I am wondering if I'm experiencing a bug (unrelated); basically my sim will be at a community lot with their spouse & kids at home, then the spouse randomly comes to the community lot which sends the kids to daycare; since a nanny must be hired when the last adult leaves the house this breaks the rules and fails the challenge, does it not? its happened a few times but idk if its a bug or an annoying feature, if its a bug can i revert to the last save before it happened?
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »
Thankyou MarianT!

I am wondering if I'm experiencing a bug (unrelated); basically my sim will be at a community lot with their spouse & kids at home, then the spouse randomly comes to the community lot which sends the kids to daycare; since a nanny must be hired when the last adult leaves the house this breaks the rules and fails the challenge, does it not? its happened a few times but idk if its a bug or an annoying feature, if its a bug can i revert to the last save before it happened?
I don't know if it's a bug, but I've not had it happen. Go ahead and go back to your last save. In future, either take the kids with your Sim or wait until they're out of the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2019, 04:35:27 PM »
Thanks again, I will be much more careful with the kids in the future, but I haven't had the same thing happen in the current household at least.

May I request a rule clarification? Regarding the -2 points per club perk. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it right? I am currently waiting for an heir to age to YA, so no points will be taken for buying a perk, but when she gets married, if she remains in the club I still don't take points for perks bought during a non-scoring phase? Same applies to buying club perks on free days? Just wondering cause it's written as:
"-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.
-2 points for every club perk."
so I wasn't sure if it's the same for both or if club perks bought earlier have points taken if any household sim is in the club during a point-counting phase? Sorry if I'm not being clear, (┤░^░`)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
Thanks again, I will be much more careful with the kids in the future, but I haven't had the same thing happen in the current household at least.

May I request a rule clarification? Regarding the -2 points per club perk. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it right? I am currently waiting for an heir to age to YA, so no points will be taken for buying a perk, but when she gets married, if she remains in the club I still don't take points for perks bought during a non-scoring phase? Same applies to buying club perks on free days? Just wondering cause it's written as:
"-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.
-2 points for every club perk."
so I wasn't sure if it's the same for both or if club perks bought earlier have points taken if any household sim is in the club during a point-counting phase? Sorry if I'm not being clear, (┤░^░`)

You take the -2 points when you buy the perk, so if you buy it on a free day, it doesn't cost anything.

anything