Author Topic: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge  (Read 131228 times)

Offline Vesper

• Occult
Re: The Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #450 on: June 09, 2019, 09:18:35 AM »
Am setting up a new attempt, as this challenge is just the best, and plan to randomize my founder again as it worked out well with Penny.

Just wanted to check eligibility of StrangeVille sims as founders. In the eclectic arts household all three are YA - Alice Martin, Leslie Holland, and Mark Eggleston. In the Sigworth household Christie, a child, presumably can be aged up. Are we OK to play with any of these four?

Also are there any rules about moving into StrangeVille (ie before the mystery is solved)? I'm not sure I'd want to but thought it worth checking.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #451 on: June 19, 2019, 03:29:00 AM »
Please tag me in post if there are problems with the spreadsheet, so that I can take a look at it.
This spreadsheet is very complicated, and needs a redo for sure.
Hope you all found a way to work around it untill i am ready.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Everything in life is here to drive you crazy. R.T
« Reply #452 on: June 19, 2019, 07:33:34 AM »
@Vesper, Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Strangerville Sims are certainly eligible, and you can play there if you want.
When the Zombies Come(Completed)--100 Nooboos Nabbed

Enjoy writing stories? Please check the Rules for Stories before posting.

Offline jaycravn

• im very serious about the cat hoodie
  • Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #453 on: August 11, 2019, 05:17:12 AM »
I've managed to fail this challenge three time so far but its super fun so im okay w it ^^
but for attempt 4 i cured Vladislaus Straud and then noticed he hasn't aged whilst i've been playing him? and ea site say that this is intentional because Vlad is made so that he won't age... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NOT-BUG-Cured-vampire-sims-won-t-age/td-p/5954103

should i start attempt number five with a founder who isnt vlad because im pretty sure immortality is a form of life extension thus against the rules?
my pronouns are: they/them/theirs/themself & he/him/his/himself
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #454 on: August 11, 2019, 07:12:40 AM »
I've managed to fail this challenge three time so far but its super fun so im okay w it ^^
but for attempt 4 i cured Vladislaus Straud and then noticed he hasn't aged whilst i've been playing him? and ea site say that this is intentional because Vlad is made so that he won't age... https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NOT-BUG-Cured-vampire-sims-won-t-age/td-p/5954103

should i start attempt number five with a founder who isnt vlad because im pretty sure immortality is a form of life extension thus against the rules?

Actually, I think you're okay with Vlad as a founder. Your heir will move out before his immortality becomes an issue. When I did the challenge, I had a spouse who was an immortal because he'd been created that way, and it wasn't a problem.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #455 on: September 24, 2019, 06:32:01 PM »
Thankyou MarianT!

I am wondering if I'm experiencing a bug (unrelated); basically my sim will be at a community lot with their spouse & kids at home, then the spouse randomly comes to the community lot which sends the kids to daycare; since a nanny must be hired when the last adult leaves the house this breaks the rules and fails the challenge, does it not? its happened a few times but idk if its a bug or an annoying feature, if its a bug can i revert to the last save before it happened?
if anyone sees the ts4 cat hoodie edited to have ear holes Please contact me IMMEDIATELY

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »
Thankyou MarianT!

I am wondering if I'm experiencing a bug (unrelated); basically my sim will be at a community lot with their spouse & kids at home, then the spouse randomly comes to the community lot which sends the kids to daycare; since a nanny must be hired when the last adult leaves the house this breaks the rules and fails the challenge, does it not? its happened a few times but idk if its a bug or an annoying feature, if its a bug can i revert to the last save before it happened?
I don't know if it's a bug, but I've not had it happen. Go ahead and go back to your last save. In future, either take the kids with your Sim or wait until they're out of the house.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline jaycravn

• Llama Wrangler
  • ✨♏🌟🌈💖🌈🌟♏✨
« Reply #457 on: October 12, 2019, 04:35:27 PM »
Thanks again, I will be much more careful with the kids in the future, but I haven't had the same thing happen in the current household at least.

May I request a rule clarification? Regarding the -2 points per club perk. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it right? I am currently waiting for an heir to age to YA, so no points will be taken for buying a perk, but when she gets married, if she remains in the club I still don't take points for perks bought during a non-scoring phase? Same applies to buying club perks on free days? Just wondering cause it's written as:
"-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.
-2 points for every club perk."
so I wasn't sure if it's the same for both or if club perks bought earlier have points taken if any household sim is in the club during a point-counting phase? Sorry if I'm not being clear, (´°^°`)

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #458 on: October 12, 2019, 05:31:00 PM »
Thanks again, I will be much more careful with the kids in the future, but I haven't had the same thing happen in the current household at least.

May I request a rule clarification? Regarding the -2 points per club perk. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting it right? I am currently waiting for an heir to age to YA, so no points will be taken for buying a perk, but when she gets married, if she remains in the club I still don't take points for perks bought during a non-scoring phase? Same applies to buying club perks on free days? Just wondering cause it's written as:
"-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought.
-2 points for every club perk."
so I wasn't sure if it's the same for both or if club perks bought earlier have points taken if any household sim is in the club during a point-counting phase? Sorry if I'm not being clear, (´°^°`)

You take the -2 points when you buy the perk, so if you buy it on a free day, it doesn't cost anything.

Offline MarianT

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #459 on: November 26, 2019, 07:05:29 AM »
We've decided to go to a requirement of 100 points to switch to the next generation If you are currently playing a Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty Challenge, don't worry that your previous generations completed only 50 points. Just try to earn 100 points on forthcoming generations. Getting those 100 points will be a little easier because we've lifted the restriction on earning points on a free day, and we've added a couple of new ways to get points. Be warned: you can also lose points on a free day.

There are 2 reasons for increasing the points required. The first is that 50 points is easy. Several players have had the problem of reaching the 50-point mark when the next heir was still a toddler. Ideally, your heir should be a teen or young adult. The second is that there are more ways to score points. When we first developed this challenge, there weren't any toddlers. Cats & Dogs hadn't come out yet, nor had Seasons, etc.

Below is the new point system. I've put additions in bold and crossed out things we're omitting. If you are currently doing this dynasty, I suggest that you study it as the bolding and strike-outs will be removed in the new version. Again, if you are currently doing this, your previous work is fine. You do not have to start a new dynasty to get into the Hall of Fame. I'd suggest that if your current heir has less than 25 points, you give them a goal of 100; if more than 25 already, you stick with 50, but it's up to your discretion.

Point System
Positive
 1 point for each level gained in a unique designated skill (cooking, handiness, and parenting not allowed) by the controlled Sim. 20 points maximum. Your Sim must max this skill before gaining points from another skill, and no other controlled Sim may choose this as the skill to gain points from.
1 point for each job, school, or scouting or drama club promotion earned by any household member.
1 point for each 1000 satisfaction points gained by the controlled Sim. Note # of satisfaction points immediately upon moving in.
1 point for each good friend made by the controlled Sim. 10 points maximum, and you can count a friend only once.
1 point for each enemy made by the controlled Sim. 5 points maximum, and you can count an enemy only once.
1 point for each different gold party (a date can count) thrown by the controlled Sim. 5 points maximum. (A gold medal wedding for the controlled Sim can also count even though it happens before the Sim moves in with the spouse.)
1 point for each $10,000 in profit (household funds excluded) earned by a retail store, vet clinic, or restaurant. 10 points maximum.
2 points for every $30,000 added to the initial household fund. 10 points maximum. Note household income immediately upon moving in.
1 point for every wish made by the controlled Sim at the Wishing Well. 3 points maximum.
1 point for each character trait achieved by a Sim aging up from teen to YA.
1 point for every trick learned by a dog.
1 point for every trophy -- these include scouting, bowling, and career reward trophies.
2 points for every skill or job maxed or aspiration completed by any Sim in the household. Child aspirations and skills can count and so can toddler skills.
2 points for any column of fame perks completed.
2 points for every completed collection.
1 point for every visit to a different community lot for 2 or more hours.
1 point for every fame level.
1 point for every A in a university course.
2 points for a university degree.
3 points for a university distinguished degree.

Negative
-1 point for every bladder failure. (Toddlers and pets exempt)
-1 point for every pass out. (Toddlers and pets exempt)
-1 point for every demotion or job firing.
-1 point for every NPC hire. (Each day that a maid works is counted as a separate NPC hire. Each day that Patchy works in the garden counts as an NPC hire.)
-1 point for every Satisfaction Reward bought. (Note: Satisfaction rewards bought upon completion of an aspiration are free.)
-2 points for every club perk.
-2 points for every fire.
-2 points for every fight between household members.
-5 points for every child or pet taken by the Social Worker (automatic fail if the child is the heir).
-5 points for every death from anything other than old age.
-10 points for controlled Sim that is a vampire.
-10 points for controlled Sim that is a spellcaster.

You'll get a free day every 10 points. If your Sim is at 9 points and gets awarded 2 points, you can carry the 11th point over. If your Sim takes the free day at 10 points and then loses a point or two the next day, you'll have to wait till you get to 20 points before taking another free day. Points can be gained and also lost on free days now.

It may be a few days before @LenaLJ makes changes to the spreadsheet, so please be patient.

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #460 on: November 28, 2019, 02:35:56 PM »
The first is that 50 points is easy.

*joyous hallejuahs!*

I am SO glad that you guys figured this out! I attempted this challenge and my first heir got control as a child! An increase of the point requirement was a very refreshing boost to this challenge. Of course, the fact that you lifted the point freeze for free days is a bit of a bummer as we can't buy satisfication rewards during free days but you're the boss. Also, can we just make Voidcritters not applicable for a collection due to only kids being able to collect them? (Don't quote me if I am wrong.)

-10 points for controlled Sim that is a spellcaster.

Yeeeah, this was a given. Anything that has a skill tree is fair game for the loss of a free day. Carl said spellcasters are OP so it was expected.

2 points for every completed collection.
1 point for every visit to a different community lot for 2 or more hours.
1 point for every fame level.

Seems you're pulling stuff from the Power of 10 Dynasty. :D

Also, figures you had to nerf the collecting and fame points because it was a bit too easy to accure 10 points from those.

1 point for every A in a university course.
2 points for a university degree.
3 points for a university distinguished degree.

These are long-term goals as it takes at least your entire young adult lifespan to graduate.

Offline oshizu

• Watcher
    • oshizu's asylum
« Reply #461 on: November 28, 2019, 02:51:41 PM »
Thank you for the update to the Ten-Gen Townie Dynasty.
Increasing the free-day requirement to 100 points makes so much sense!
Your detailed tweaking to balance this forum's dynasty challenge is always very appreciated!

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #462 on: November 29, 2019, 04:20:11 PM »
ooh I need to return to this (yet) again. The 100 points make it all new and exciting

And the free days are what made it difficult for me in the past, because I had to pay close attention to not miss points, so this is wonderful.

Just checking if it's OK to disable the Vampires game pack as their immortality reduces the number of households.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Watcher
« Reply #463 on: December 15, 2019, 11:38:40 AM »
I have today changed the link to the spreadsheet to a never version of the spreadsheet to reflect the latest changes, but also to get rid of some errors that where in the old spreadsheet.
Easiest if for you if you are already in the middle of a challenge is to make a copy of the new spreadsheet, and open both the new and the old at the same time, then write all you entries in the new spreadsheet.

Here is the link.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RbBONpXBn9yJ2dj83qZUX8auCr3xNYknYFY55UqgZIY/edit?usp=sharing

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #464 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:15 PM »
Thanks for the spreadsheet Lena! I'm so excited about my new Lilith Pleasant dynasty.

Some questions about university:
*You get a point for each time you get an A in a course. Is this for marks of A and A+ only or does A- count?
*If a character you don't control finishes their semester can we select to have them sign up for another?
*When do you count the points for a degree/ distinguished degree? When you get the final grades or after graduation the following day?
*Presumably the Study Spot lot trait is added to the list of skill building lot traits?

Also, now you can earn points on a free day what happens if you get another 10 points? Do you extend the free day to end 24 hours from that moment or do you add on 24 hours to the end of the original day?

Plus can heirs buy satisfaction rewards after control switches to them but before they move into their next home? This is usually a time that you can't lose (or gain) points but as you note "Satisfaction rewards bought upon completion of an aspiration are free" I was worried that was the only time they are free.