Author Topic: The Power of 10 Dynasty  (Read 69127 times)

Offline MystiKitty

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Power of 10 Dynasty
« Reply #105 on: September 11, 2019, 08:04:53 PM »
Please make sure you are "saving as" before you go into CAS or manage world. There is a known bug that will cause your game to crash in when exiting CAS and Simgurunick is aware of it.

Okay thanks for that. I will be more careful from now on when playing the Sims 4. EA needs to fix this. Yes, it's a broken record but I think EA is not listening to us and sending out shoddy products and product that needs nerf mods. :(

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #106 on: September 11, 2019, 08:15:04 PM »
Please make sure you are "saving as" before you go into CAS or manage world. There is a known bug that will cause your game to crash in when exiting CAS and Simgurunick is aware of it.

Okay thanks for that. I will be more careful from now on when playing the Sims 4. EA needs to fix this. Yes, it's a broken record but I think EA is not listening to us and sending out shoddy products and product that needs nerf mods. :(

Simgurunick posted about it after he found it in his game upon actual release.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruNick/status/1171508036097040384

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #107 on: September 12, 2019, 10:54:19 AM »
Thank you, team for always clarifying my questions.  It is sometimes easy to get confused or to forget a part of a rule, even when you go back and re-read them.  You guys work so hard for us and it is appreciated.

To those guys who have "failed" this dynasty.  I may be very wrong, but I look at a "dynasty" of any sort, very differently from a tournament. Sure, you can fail a tournament, I've done so many times.  However, in my humble opinion, a dynasty is more a learning experience.  Did you mess up somehow and that dynasty doesn't work?  To me that is a do-over-having-learned.  Maybe I redo that dynasty, from the beginning, or maybe a I do another one in the same type, or a different one.  Each time I've learned something and move on.  Sometimes I "practice" first, then start to write up the dynasty, and sometimes even practicing leads to still, one more mistake, some of them not my own fault, (like your founder executes herself by "fixing" something electrical and a storm comes along and zaps her!, yes, that did happen), and sometimes you didn't understand the rules and went through days of play inadvertently breaking them.  You can always pm a team member to deal with that and get their advice.  So please, don't consider your favorite dynasty a fail, just a do over.  Just my opinion but I think maybe the team will agree.  It's a personal challenge, not one for any other kind of reward.
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #108 on: September 12, 2019, 11:22:12 AM »
My founder is being stubborn and refusing to get his last promotion. Now all of his good friends are dying lol. I can deal with making new friends but the not getting promoted is a problem lol. He’s already imbibed one potion of youth purchased by his spouse. Thinking of chalking this up to a lesson learned if he dies before getting that promotion.

Having a lot of fun at any rate. A lot of things I don’t usually do like parties.

Thanks team for a great challenge!

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #109 on: September 12, 2019, 11:31:12 AM »
@craterdweller If you have Get Together, try forming or joining a club and purchase the Networked perk. That can really help with promotions. Also, as I'm sure you know, make sure that your Sim has all of the requirements necessary for promotion done, and try to send him to work in the best mood possible. If he and his spouse renew their wedding vows (purchase the wedding arch, click on it and choose "renew vows"), he will get a +3 happy moodlet for 48 hours. That can really help. Also, the Entrepreneurial reward trait may help. Which career is it?

Also, going forward, if you have the Parenthood pack, always get the responsible trait. This helps job performance enormously. If you don't have Parenthood (or even if you do) getting Top-Notch Toddler and completing Scouts will boost career performance.

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2019, 01:33:51 PM »
He had started a club, the audiophiles, but the members are the good friends that have been dying all week  :P. I think the RNG has just been unlucky for him as he’s gone to work fully primed but then another friend dies 😂.

Thanks for tip about renewing vows. I may try that later when I get home. His heir on the other hand has some nice toddler/child/YA traits if I manage to get past founder.

Oh and the founder is in the Entertainer: Musician track currently stuck at level 9. His unique skill is guitar.

Offline reggikko

• Watcher
« Reply #111 on: September 12, 2019, 01:45:48 PM »
Oh, yes, those sadness buffs are hard to overcome. If he gets the buff while at home you can use a moodlet solver to get rid of it, but it is hard to manage if a lot of friends are dying in succession.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #112 on: September 13, 2019, 11:14:23 AM »
aargh how did I miss this new challenge? It's perfect [drops everything to start one]

Questions:
*In Finishing Up it says "remember to add up the total value of your museum." I can't work out what/ where the museum is - do we add up the value of the collections before we leave each house?
*Any restrictions on holidays?
*Can the parties take place on community lots so fulfilling both criteria?
*Is swapping aspirations for point gathering OK?

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #113 on: September 13, 2019, 12:07:59 PM »
Can you adopt a child to be the next generation heir?

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #114 on: September 13, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »
Can you adopt a child to be the next generation heir?
Welcome @mariposa1127

All heirs must be natural born.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #115 on: September 13, 2019, 01:35:02 PM »
aargh how did I miss this new challenge? It's perfect [drops everything to start one]

Questions:
*In Finishing Up it says "remember to add up the total value of your museum." I can't work out what/ where the museum is - do we add up the value of the collections before we leave each house?
*Any restrictions on holidays?
*Can the parties take place on community lots so fulfilling both criteria?
*Is swapping aspirations for point gathering OK?

Yes to all questions except no restrictions on holidays.  Good luck, Vesper. :)

Offline sdhoey

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
    • sdhoeys Sims & More
« Reply #116 on: September 13, 2019, 02:07:01 PM »
@Vesper If you look at the spreadsheet, at the bottom you can enter the amounts for each item you put in for each heir.

Example:

frogs:
10, etc

it will keep a running total for you for each heir and the whole family.

Offline Vesper

• Occult
« Reply #117 on: September 13, 2019, 02:12:21 PM »
Thanks all. Am used to the physical museum lot of the Townie dynasty so was confused

Offline craterdweller

• Nooboo
« Reply #118 on: September 13, 2019, 02:55:33 PM »
The spreadsheet is the bomb!

Founder finally got his last promotion so onto generation 2.

Offline mariposa1127

• Llama Wrangler
« Reply #119 on: September 13, 2019, 05:37:24 PM »
Regarding the 10 item collection. Is it ten items of the same thing or a collection of ten different items? How do I put that in the spreadsheet so it shows museum values?

Thanks! :)