Author Topic: Naga's Sunset Valley 7.0 -- SV-ALGPStSnSs  (Read 409176 times)

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
Re: Sunset Valley 2.0
« Reply #60 on: February 18, 2011, 11:35:00 AM »
I like apartments, but they can be done without skyscrapers and elevators.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #61 on: February 18, 2011, 02:13:37 PM »
I believe you mean something like an apartment complex, or a condominium. That is a nice idea, but I haven't got a clue on how to make one, architecturally speaking. If anyone makes one that fits, I'll be happy to put it in the neighborhood.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Maus

• Nooboo
« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Naga,
I just figured out how to downloaded today and I'm loving it. (I didn't catch that winrar was a program I needed to download) I added the spa and diner like the above post. 

For your next version maybe you can capture the food truck at Bridgeport Overlook Point Subway (something to that effect).  It is a small lot and I put it right across from the Shamrock pub. 

While it won't move it will give your sims the greasy and food poison modletes and put a food truck in Sunset Valley.

Chigatana

« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2011, 08:35:33 PM »
You sir, are awesome.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #64 on: February 21, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
@Maus:
Version 2.1 is almost done, and it already has the +spa+diner plaza. I promise it will be a lot better than 2.0.

@Chigatana:
Thank you. You are awesome too, for playing tmice! Send me a PM with which server you play on.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2011, 05:24:27 PM »
I want to justify this delay on the update by stating that I was without my computer for the past 3 days. I'll try to update and upload it as soon as possible.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2011, 11:29:24 PM »
No rush.  But I'm definitely looking forward to it!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
Re: Sunset Valley 2.1
« Reply #67 on: March 13, 2011, 11:54:50 AM »
Sunset Valley 2.1 Released!

Changes include new Sports Bar and Dive Bar (thank you, Joria), new Dance Club (thanks, Ausette), new Vampire Lounge, Disco Club and Poolside Club(thank you, Naga... wait, that's me. Nevermind.), improved Mirabello Plaza (thanks to Danefaith).

Overall, I removed all buildings to keep the "town" feeling of Sunset Valley preserved. The two apartment buildings were removed, but I made one to replace them. Yes, it is only 1 apartment, but it's awesome. Almost all elevators were removed, so no more sim-stucking, hopefully.

Please report any bugs or glitches (if ever found).

::EDIT::
Anyone else think I should upload the lots I made separately, for the Swap Shop?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #68 on: March 13, 2011, 12:52:27 PM »
Since I'm downloading the town, I'll probably just save the buildings to my bin myself.  1 download vs. 8+ downloads sounds like a much better deal to me ;)

Offline Ausette

• Watcher
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2011, 04:56:02 AM »
Awesome!  ;D Are you going to post some overhead screenshots?

EDIT: Oh, seems you already did, only for me it's a broken link. I can still see the ones in your gallery just fine though.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2011, 04:20:24 PM »
Just to let you know:  I got the "Missing Objects" notification when I loaded the 2.1 version.  It doesn't appear to be causing any problems, however.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2011, 05:57:13 PM »
Sunset Valley 2.1 Released!

Changes include new Sports Bar and Dive Bar (thank you, Joria), new Dance Club (thanks, Ausette), new Vampire Lounge, Disco Club and Poolside Club(thank you, Naga... wait, that's me. Nevermind.), improved Mirabello Plaza (thanks to Danefaith).

Overall, I removed all buildings to keep the "town" feeling of Sunset Valley preserved. The two apartment buildings were removed, but I made one to replace them. Yes, it is only 1 apartment, but it's awesome. Almost all elevators were removed, so no more sim-stucking, hopefully.

Please report any bugs or glitches (if ever found).

::EDIT::
Anyone else think I should upload the lots I made separately, for the Swap Shop?

You are welcome!  But please, do try to figure out what happened with the Pink Flamingo.  It should not have had the problems you pm'd about.

More importantly to me, yes!  Please, please put the separate lots in the Swap Shop!  My next endeavor is going to be updating/remodeling Twinbrook and River View.  Already started TB ages ago so it should be fun to see if it's even remotely doable.

Ummm, winrar.  Does it have to be specifically this software?  I'm thinking I remember somewhere something saying, (ok, only 3 words in a row, lol), that winrar does not work well in Windows 7.  I have a different unzipper called 7-zip.  What is your advice on this as 7-zip seems to be a royal pain and does not work as well as winrar did for Sims2.  Probably due to my lack of expertise.  I struggle with anything new now.

For those having problems with Fast Lane stuff, my apologies.  I was the one who added Fast Lane items to the sports bar.  Sorry!  I figured the game would just substitute and not mess you all up.

For condominiums/town houses.  Ok, they are only "sort of", but if you put a row of 10x10, or even 10x15, lots on the other side of the books store/theatre parking lot, (the lot where you currently have the spa), you can build look alike small houses.  They will really be more like "row houses" but can work as condo's/town houses.  You can put three lots here. 

I've tried a variety of styles doing this, one where you go up in the air for the building itself and leave a garden area underneath, one where you go up and underground as well, and one where it was just several stories up.  On such a small lot the difficulty is you pretty much have to use elevators as the stairs just take up so much space there is very little room left for rooms.  On the one building where I went up one level with garden under, I used stairs and only made the building one story tall and that worked fine.  Also, in that particular spot by building up you get a really nice view for that beautiful vista moodlet.  The ground is sloped so you pretty much have to have a foundation, although building up on pillars I only needed small "boxes".
What?  Grannies can't play games?
I speak perfect Nooblik, (and some Simlish)!

----------
With A Twist, an Immortal Dynasty
My No Buy Story
Joria's Creations on the Gallery

Offline Naga

• Top Secret
  • Immortal
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2011, 06:46:04 PM »
I will try to figure out what happened with the PF when I have time. Google didn't seem to help whatsoever. In some time I will also upload the separate lots into the swap shop, as soon as I figure out how to do it.

WinRar is pretty much my favorite (and most worldwidely used) software for packing up other files, and even if you don't have it, you can right-click the file and choose "Open With..." and find 7-zip in the list. I believe that should work just fine.

I didn't realize you used Fast Lane Stuff stuff (stuff stuff, lol) on the sports bar because I have it too, and I'm sorry if that causes trouble for anyone. It shouldn't, though.

For the rest of your post... A picture explains a thousand words, wouldn't you agree? Because you got me quite confused in there.

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #73 on: March 14, 2011, 06:46:47 PM »
Naga please read pm asap.  Very important.

EDIT for fun remark:  So, who knows why they owe Naga a cookie and that they are awesome?  Naga, do you prefer chocolate chip, chocolate peanut butter cup,  or brownies?

----------
My No Buy Story

Offline Joria

• Top Secret
  • Watcher
« Reply #74 on: March 14, 2011, 06:58:33 PM »

For the rest of your post... A picture explains a thousand words, wouldn't you agree? Because you got me quite confused in there.

7-zip worked just fine, thanks.

I'll upload a shot of one of the row houses later .  I think I deleted all of them so will have to go in and get another shot.  Hmmm, maybe I'll just put some in 2.1 and then take a pic to show you and will pm it to you.

----------
My No Buy Story