Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 906998 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1560 on: February 24, 2013, 03:44:19 PM »
Exactly. Their alien powers manifest themselves at the teen stage (I think; clearly, I need to play an alien!), so you would have to wait to see if your alien hybrid qualifies as an alien or not.

The voice modulation is earlier than that I think but yeah it's teen stage power/needs change.  However, yes the only way to have an alien life state is to have one with an alien.  The rules clearly state that the heir has to be born of two people in the house.   An abduction pregnancy does not fall within those rules.

Other points:
A dynasty is about the bloodline.  An abduction pregnacy is implanted into the host Sim.  So the host Sim does not pass down anything to the child there for it is genetically not his child.
Only males can get pregnant with abduction babies.
Toddler requirements mean that you have to have the child be best friends with both parents.   That is simply not possible without having control of both parents.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1561 on: February 24, 2013, 03:50:14 PM »
Are there any rules against asking another sim to "Be Your Roommate"? This technically wouldn't add the sim to your household--it's an interaction that (I believe) came with the latest patch.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1562 on: February 24, 2013, 03:51:14 PM »
Are there any rules against asking another sim to "Be Your Roommate"? This technically wouldn't add the sim to your household--it's an interaction that (I believe) came with the latest patch.

Actually there is a current bug that if you save while having a roommate and log back in that they will move into your household and become controllable.  So it's my advice to not do it because if they do become controllable then it's a dynasty failure.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #1563 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:15 PM »
Actually there is a current bug that if you save while having a roommate and log back in that they will move into your household and become controllable.  So it's my advice to not do it.

Okay, thank you! I was just curious because the interaction popped up between a household member and one of their friends.
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1564 on: February 24, 2013, 03:56:35 PM »
Remember Hidden Springs has serious routing issues that can develop over time so I wish you luck.  The lag killed it for me by the time Gen 2 was a teenager.   Career buildings have always been no visitors allowed.   And some of the others it varies from town to town.   That's why you see people at the theatre (it's a hangout).   However because it has rabbit holes, they don't get a designation in the game as the individual lot.     Rabbit holes make the property they sit on unable to be touched.    As for the list you can change lots to, I'll look into that today. 

Life States Dynasty - any empty lot that will give you at least 7000 remaining and then change the money to give yourself 7000.

Oky - one more question; when you drop down the Arborteum on a lot, does it sell it like the gypsy wagon does? Also, what about the...mini rabbithole that the library in Moonlight Falls has?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1565 on: February 24, 2013, 03:57:33 PM »
Yes.  They're all rabbit holes and they all make the properties be sold back.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1566 on: February 25, 2013, 05:23:30 PM »
Aurora Skies Edit Town update:

With the addition of Aurora Skies to the town list, the Edit Town rules clarifications have been updated to show the new lots that are eligible for lot reassignment. 

• Aurora Skies
    • Fiskar Fishing Park
    • Sundhöll Community Pool (to Pool only)
    • Sustainable Community Garden
    • Lend and Learn Library (to Library only)
    • Placid Park
    • Björn Café

These are the lots that are allowed to be changed as per the previously clarified Edit Town rules.  (link)

If you have already started a dynasty, these options are not available to you.   Do not go back into Edit Town without permission just like before.    There are exceptions this time to the list because for some reason the town creators forgot to make the library a library and one of the pools was marked no visitors.  So they are free to get the designation their descriptions say they are. 

The new hot air balloon is a piece of premium content; it is not a rabbit hole therefore it is not acceptable to copy the lot with the umbrella to put into older saves.   You can purchase the balloon on any lot. 

As always if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  It's better to know than to wonder and find out you were wrong. 

Happy Simming!

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1567 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:24 PM »
Until further notice, the use of a dresser  to plan an outfit is only allowed between the time an heir ages up and midnight on his/her birthday.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #1568 on: February 25, 2013, 08:25:02 PM »
Is the use of a mirror to change the hairstyle/hair color still ok, or was that also hit by the age-reset glitch?

Offline JSBrantner

• Townie
« Reply #1569 on: February 25, 2013, 10:41:54 PM »
The mirror seems to be ok. I've tested it a couple times with no change.
Jaymi

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1570 on: February 26, 2013, 02:44:53 AM »
So, say your Sim ages up at 7 in the morning, it would be okay to do change their outfit using the dresser from that time until midnight of the same day?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1571 on: February 26, 2013, 04:18:46 AM »
For the toddler skills, does the new Aurora Skies content count?
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1572 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:35 PM »
So, say your Sim ages up at 7 in the morning, it would be okay to do change their outfit using the dresser from that time until midnight of the same day?

Yes it has to be the same day.  Most Sims if you don't use cake or elixir will wait until between 7pm and 9 pm to do it which is why you're given until midnight.   Just don't wait until it's too late.  This could ruin a dynasty attempt.

For the toddler skills, does the new Aurora Skies content count?

No.  The new premium content only goes up 2 levels and you need three.  Plus might I add that it's a pain in the heehaw.   Toddlers will randomly stop playing and do something else after about 30 sim minutes in either object.

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
« Reply #1573 on: February 26, 2013, 12:03:42 PM »
No.  The new premium content only goes up 2 levels and you need three.  Plus might I add that it's a pain in the heehaw.   Toddlers will randomly stop playing and do something else after about 30 sim minutes in either object.

Ah thanks, I hadn't actually tested the content yet so good to know :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline Snufflesxx

• Sherlockian
  • Watcher
  • Every puzzle has an answer
« Reply #1574 on: February 26, 2013, 01:15:08 PM »
If you complete one of the adult requirements (for example a 5,000 point wish) as a child, does it still count?
** My Stories **

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research." - Sherlock