Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908405 times)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1590 on: March 01, 2013, 04:30:27 PM »
Depends on if the guitar is a requirement for the music career. I can't remember if it is or not. Either way it won't actually count until you join the music career.

It is, both tracks.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Three Chihuahuas in a Trenchcoat
« Reply #1591 on: March 02, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »
Bleh.

My "spouse" (Quotation marks? Makes sense in context) either has a stuck moodlet or a weird bug. Even if it's 20 degrees Centigrade outside and he's indoors, he still has some kind of cold-related moodlet. That was fine until the game prevented him from skilling up in logic or alchemy because he was "too cold."

Funny enough, my founder has the opposite problem and doesn't get cold, which is good for working in her outdoors art studio. She doesn't have any traits pertaining to the outdoors either.

Also, I think nearly every original townie in Starlight Shores is an occult now. Dang, why didn't you do this to Moonlight Falls or Twinbrook, story progression?
No respect, no chance, cease and desist when I chant-

Forum Rules / Outrun / Defunded

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #1592 on: March 02, 2013, 11:51:00 AM »
Bleh.

My "spouse" (Quotation marks? Makes sense in context) either has a stuck moodlet or a weird bug. Even if it's 20 degrees Centigrade outside and he's indoors, he still has some kind of cold-related moodlet. That was fine until the game prevented him from skilling up in logic or alchemy because he was "too cold."

Funny enough, my founder has the opposite problem and doesn't get cold, which is good for working in her outdoors art studio. She doesn't have any traits pertaining to the outdoors either.

Also, I think nearly every original townie in Starlight Shores is an occult now. Dang, why didn't you do this to Moonlight Falls or Twinbrook, story progression?

How long does the moodlet stay? Have you tried the Moodlet Manager?

By samoht04

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1593 on: March 02, 2013, 11:56:23 AM »
I didn't try the most obvious option: resetting him. So I just did, and he's back to normal.

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #1594 on: March 03, 2013, 02:39:04 PM »
Small update for all players that plan on getting University Life.

The challenge team formally asks that all players hold off on using any University life content in their dynasties.  If you are receiving the game and want to explore, please do so in a non dynasty file until some rulings have been made about what is allowed and not allowed.   Using content that later becomes banned or restricted may result in a failure/loss of HOF status. 

If you do come across something that should be addressed, don't hesitate to tell the team in a PM or on one of the dynasty threads so they can look into it.   Please don't hold back any information either in an effort to keep it allowable in dynasties.  Eventually we will know all information about the expansion pack but we don't want anyone to have to start over if they don't have to.  Expansion packs are crazy things for those of us who enforce the rules and this one will be no exception. 

Another Update:  A clarification has been added to the FAQ. 

Can a female spare get married? Can they get pregnant and then move out?
 -- Yes & No.  A female spare can indeed get married as long as when you get them married they move out of the house into their spouse's home.   However, a female spare cannot become pregnant ever.  The rules state that the only Sims allowed to join a household can be spouses for heirs, heirs and spares.  Unborn children take up a household space that cannot be filled by anyone else so it would essentially be adding to the household which is against the rules.

Any player that has done this prior to March 3rd will not lose their eligibility for HOF.   Any player who does it after March 3rd is considered to have failed/unable to enter HOF.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1595 on: March 04, 2013, 05:36:23 PM »
Just a reminder for anyone who got University Life early.  If the team hasn't said that it's allowed then that means it's not allowed.  Please wait to play your dynasty games until we've had a chance to check them out.   Especially when it comes to placing the new lot types.   You only get one chance to enter Edit Town on pre-existing games.  Don't skip that chance just because we haven't said you could yet.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #1596 on: March 06, 2013, 05:37:23 AM »
New wishes that can be added to the wish list!

The other 3 instruments can also you the max skill wish and earn 5 000 in tips wish, with different names for each instrument as well.

Edited to avoid double posting : And my life state dynasty is now officially finished, the final two posts will be made either this afternoon or evening.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1597 on: March 06, 2013, 08:24:57 AM »

The other 3 instruments can also you the max skill wish and earn 5 000 in tips wish, with different names for each instrument as well.

Edited to avoid double posting : And my life state dynasty is now officially finished, the final two posts will be made either this afternoon or evening.

Congratulations again!   

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1598 on: March 06, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »

A huge congratulations to you.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1599 on: March 06, 2013, 02:07:29 PM »

Woot! Grats!

Offline A.Drake

• Nooboo
« Reply #1600 on: March 06, 2013, 03:24:50 PM »
I was wondering, for my 5th generation I have twin girls, they both recieved the IF doll. I have not yet picked which girl will be the heir. Can I make both dolls real and have the spare and her doll (which I want to be her spouse) move out when they all turn Young adult? I didn't know if turning the spare's doll real counted as adding to the household or not...

Offline Trip

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1601 on: March 06, 2013, 03:26:40 PM »
It counts as adding to the household. Choose your heir, then have the heir turn her friend real once she's a YA. For your spare, it's a bit of a "sucks for her, find a different spouse" thing.

EDIT: Considering that patch 1.50 changed the appearance of Watery Grave ghosts so that they're distinct from Drowning ghosts, do they count as a different life state now?

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1602 on: March 06, 2013, 04:44:09 PM »
A. Drake - only the heir can add to household as Trip mentioned.  Also you can only add to household when the heir reaches marriageable age which means the heir has to be YA when you do it.  Not before.

Trip - they've always been different life states.   I just keep forgetting to change the color explanation in the rules.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #1603 on: March 06, 2013, 05:04:31 PM »
Oh - one thing I keep noticing, is that the picture at the beginning of the Life States Dynasty thread under the title only has six different lifestates.  :-X

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #1604 on: March 06, 2013, 05:05:43 PM »
Oh - one thing I keep noticing, is that the picture at the beginning of the Life States Dynasty thread under the title only has six different lifestates.  :-X

What does that matter?