Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 908240 times)

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2012, 01:20:01 PM »
Because of these rules, it's obvious - if you want to start your LSD with a human and 'turn' them, then the only options you HAVE are Vampire and Werewolf. You can't kill your founder to rez them as a psuedo-ghost, and you can't change your founder into a Fairy, Witch or Genie(my three favorite life states, mind you) without using a elixir on yourself, which is banned. So you can't have a human-turned-lifestate Fairy/Witch/Genie/Ghost founder, they MUST have been born-in-CAS that way.

It sort of sucks that there's no way to transform a human into a fairy, witch or genie without a elixir since Sims 2 Apartment Life allowed you to become a witch the same way they did vampires - find a High Witch and befriend them then ask to be turned. I wish Supernatural had let you do that. Oh well, c'est la vie. I wish Tom would create a Dynasty where we could turn heirs into Fairies or Witches with elixirs, but his Immortal Dynasty and DecaDynasty ban fairies and this one requires you to breed them. Maybe I'll create my own challenge where life-state changing elixirs are required.  ;)

Actually you can get turned into a fairy through the arboretum.    On occasion, when going through looking for fairies there is a chance to get an opportunity that will turn you into a fairy.     

As for the other part, it's a story that you are telling.  Just because they came out of CAS as a genie doesn't mean they were born that way.   Likewise about coming out of CAS as a ghost.

The reason we don't allow life state changing elixirs is because it's called a challenge.  Using the elixirs makes it so much easier for those people who don't own Supernatural that it's actually unfair advantage which is why it was removed. 

Another point where you are mistaken - the immortal dynasty allows you to change people into witches because the lifespan isn't any different.   It's about the specifics of the challenge and has nothing to do with us being against the occults.   Fairies live too long and give advantage of the other two dynasties where time is of the essence.  Otherwise, you'd be able to pick what lifespan you want and not just play on normal, too.

Beyond that, was there any other reason for your post other than to tell us we hate fairies, because that's the way it felt. 
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2012, 01:33:12 PM »
I've read through the thread and the Ghost Potion has been allowed.
May you then use it 'To try for a baby' with the hope of bringing in a Ghost baby?

Lynette

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2012, 01:34:44 PM »
I've read through the thread and the Ghost Potion has been allowed.
May you then use it 'To try for a baby' with the hope of bringing in a Ghost baby?

Lynette

Yes absolutely.  I especially recommend it if one of the parents is already a ghost since two ghosts will only have ghost children but a ghost plus anything else has the chance of bringing about humans.

Edit: The post I am referring to regarding this was deleted by it's poster but I'm going to answer anyway -  You don't have to stop doing opportunities after the third.  Just remain aware that any you do past the 3 are still held as completed and cannot be used for another heir's unique 3.   

World Adventures opportunities that come while you are in a WA town will never count for a unique opportunity in any of the three current dynasties because they do not fill the work/skill/special slots on the normal opportunity screen.  They are part of the adventure journal, I think it's called.   

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline lynyeld

• Llama Wrangler
  • Coffeeholic
« Reply #783 on: October 22, 2012, 01:44:23 PM »
Sorry. Another question.

e.g. Ghost + Vampire produce Vampire/Ghost baby.

I don't remember ruling with regards to Hybrid babies.
Do you have to try until you have a 'single' life-state or are hybrids fine?

Lynette

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #784 on: October 22, 2012, 01:45:56 PM »
Sorry. Another question.

e.g. Ghost + Vampire produce Vampire/Ghost baby.

I don't remember ruling with regards to Hybrid babies.
Do you have to try until you have a 'single' life-state or are hybrids fine?

Lynette

Hybrids are perfectly fine.   Just as long as they are at least somewhat different than all the heirs before them.

You start with a ghost, then you get a vampire heir, then you go for a ghost/vampire hybrid for third gen.    As long as the color ghost of the third generation is different from the founder ghost, it's still a different life state.

Another example: You start with a human who uses a ghost potion and you get a ghost/vampire hybrid child.  For the third generation if the child comes out as a ghost or as a vampire by itself, it's still a third life state because it's different from the other two.

Offline EtnaFan666

• Shy Sage of Sucrose
  • Occult
  • Don't mess with Texas, foo!
« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2012, 01:50:33 PM »
I wish to apologize to Ricalynn, who says that my post was mean and implied that the mods hate fairies. I am not implying that and maybe my quote reply should have been more sensitive to them.

What I should have said was:

So you want to start as a human and transform them into something else? I know making your founder a human turned ghost is banned as are life-state changing elixirs, so genie is out, but are the only options vampire and werewolf since you can ask another species of that life state to infect you with their state?

Instead, I spoke in a statement that sounded condescending and I promise to ask first and then assume later.
I play The Sims 4 for fun, so I don't care if I never end up being interviewed for the Dynasty Hall of Fame; people who play for keeps burn out too easily and don't enjoy playing the games, so I am going to not sweat the details.

"With great ability comes great taking into account of one's actions!" - spoken by an NPC in Lego Marvel Superheroes

Offline Ricalynn

• Watcher
« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2012, 02:03:59 PM »
I wish to apologize to Ricalynn, who says that my post was mean and implied that the mods hate fairies. I am not implying that and maybe my quote reply should have been more sensitive to them.

What I should have said was:

Instead, I spoke in a statement that sounded condescending and I promise to ask first and then assume later.

No harm done and I hope you took no offense to my defensive response.   The whole reason behind the Life States Dynasty was to allow players to play the occults in a dynasty but we have to have restrictions in order to keep the playing field very fair for those that don't have all expansions.  As it is, you pretty much need at least two expansions as it is to play this dynasty which is unlike the other two where you only need the base game. 

I wish there were extra ways to become a genie or a witch myself but unfortunately, it was not a part of the programming.  I was glad to hear that your Sim can choose to become a fairy.  It's a three part chain with the same name so I think it only counts once for the unique opps but it requires you to pick up a few items from around town like bugs and gems, I believe.   

We had one member have a lot of trouble getting it when they tried.  Then they started a new game and they got it on the first try under a full moon.  My own sister got it the first time she ever went into the gazebo as a witch so you don't have to be human to get this opportunity. :)

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #787 on: October 22, 2012, 02:53:40 PM »
I hope people find this list helpful :)

I want to thank you very much for your post, it is definately helpful!!! You clearly have put a lot of work into it!
If I should have to start over (which I'll find out rather sooner than later ;)) I probably will use a lot of your suggestions. Thank you! :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2012, 02:27:24 PM »
Just to clarify, because I'm not sure, can you marry a ghost who's started as one in the game? Just started one in Moonlight Falls and I'm trying to figure out if my founder can marry one of the premade townie ghosts.

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »
Just to clarify, because I'm not sure, can you marry a ghost who's started as one in the game? Just started one in Moonlight Falls and I'm trying to figure out if my founder can marry one of the premade townie ghosts.

Yes, but unless your sim has completed all of their requirements, no nooboos allowed. :P Every different ghost type is a different life state.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #790 on: October 23, 2012, 02:47:50 PM »
Thanks! I knew they were all different types, just got confused whether or not they could marry premade ghosts into the family. Once again, thanks!

Offline ladyaya

• The Epic Panda-Cat Lover
  • Watcher
« Reply #791 on: October 23, 2012, 03:04:13 PM »
Thanks! I knew they were all different types, just got confused whether or not they could marry premade ghosts into the family. Once again, thanks!

Yeah, it's any different life state, and you're welcome.  :)

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #792 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:51 PM »
Another question real quick. Does the Have First Child wish count for a unique wish, as long as it's the last requirement they have?

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #793 on: October 23, 2012, 07:31:55 PM »
If it is the very last thing they have to do, then yes.

That does mean the 7 masoleum items, 6 skill challenges, 4 other completed wishes, 4 unique LTR, 3 opportunities, 2 career rewards, and 1 best friend must all be simultaneously in place.

Offline fanofaband

• Occult
« Reply #794 on: October 23, 2012, 07:42:41 PM »
Great, that's what I was hoping, thanks!