Author Topic: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge  (Read 907084 times)

Offline Silverbella

• Occult
Re: The Sims 3 Life States Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #735 on: October 19, 2012, 07:42:29 PM »
So, I'm just trying to be completely clear on the Alchemy thing. If you're in the alchemy career, you cannot gain any career items which would count towards those goals because EA did not put those rewards into the career? However, you can max the alchemy skill and allow the skill challenges to count towards your 6. So essentially, players would be encouraged to develop alchemy on the side while working a career which does give you the two career items?

My founder did alchemy which counted for some of the skill journal challenges, along with fishing for more skill challenges and the two career rewards.  For her 7 mausoleum items I could have mounted fish or alchemy potions.  Most of her opportunities and 5k wishes came from fishing though. 

Offline Odie

• Occult
  • Dutch mommy living in Norway
« Reply #736 on: October 20, 2012, 08:02:30 AM »
Ok, so my sims next chess opponent is a zombie vampire... Very annoying because she is not able to play a chess match against him, only a practice game of chess.. How do I get him to snap out of the zombie thing?

Edit: The thing is... I wasn't sure if I could use the cure elixir, because I don't know if that is a Life State changing elixir... But never mind, 'cause finally my pea shooter did the trick :)
Problem? Don't panic! There is always a solution. You just have to find it  :D

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #737 on: October 20, 2012, 08:21:54 AM »
A witch could cast a Sunlight Charm on him, you could throw a Cure Elixir (Not Potent) at him, or a you could use Fairy Dust on him. Even if you have no fairies in your household, you can Ask a fairy for Fairy Dust.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #738 on: October 20, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »
A witch could cast a Sunlight Charm on him, you could throw a Cure Elixir (Not Potent) at him, or a you could use Fairy Dust on him. Even if you have no fairies in your household, you can Ask a fairy for Fairy Dust.

Ok, thanks for that info! But what do you mean with Not Potent? And I assume all those things don't change Life State?

Offline Margerita

• Immortal
« Reply #739 on: October 20, 2012, 08:38:48 AM »
Ok, thanks for that info! But what do you mean with Not Potent? And I assume all those thing don't change Life State?
The potent cure elixirs cure everything that makes your sim not a normal sim (except hair and skin color), the cure elixirs just removes enchantments and cure zombies and such but it won't turn a vampire back to a normal sim for examples.

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #740 on: October 20, 2012, 09:17:41 AM »
I have a quick question. I've been playing with my second heir (now a teenager) and he rolled a wish to own 5 venues to a worth of 5k LTH points. As soon as it was competed - thanks to Argus' awesome collecting skill - I noted it as his first 5k + wishes fulfilled. Three days before his birthday he rolled another one for 7 venues. Would this one count as his second unique 5k wish? My founder did roll it, but I cancelled it for her to keep it unique for Tomjon if it is allowed.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #741 on: October 20, 2012, 09:24:59 AM »
I have a quick question. I've been playing with my second heir (now a teenager) and he rolled a wish to own 5 venues to a worth of 5k LTH points. As soon as it was competed - thanks to Argus' awesome collecting skill - I noted it as his first 5k + wishes fulfilled. Three days before his birthday he rolled another one for 7 venues. Would this one count as his second unique 5k wish? My founder did roll it, but I cancelled it for her to keep it unique for Tomjon if it is allowed.

Yep, both those wishes are unique since the wording of the titles is slightly different (5 vs 7).

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline dontmindme

• Immortal
« Reply #742 on: October 20, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »
I have a question on the Lifetime Wish. Does it count as one of the 5k+ wishes?

Offline Tahilanor

• Llama Wrangler
  • Life is a journey. Enjoy wandering through it!
« Reply #743 on: October 20, 2012, 09:29:02 AM »
Thanks, Metropolis Man! That's great to know.  :)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #744 on: October 20, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »

No. The rules say they have to be regular wishes, so not the Lifetime Wish.

By samoht04

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #745 on: October 20, 2012, 09:29:46 AM »

No because it's not a "regular" wish that occupies a regular wish slot.

EDIT: Oops...Rosa, you're too fast. ;)

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #746 on: October 20, 2012, 09:39:21 AM »
No because it's not a "regular" wish that occupies a regular wish slot.

EDIT: Oops...Rosa, you're too fast. ;)

Thanks, Metro :) Hey, I have a question of my own. I know you're not supposed to set up Try for Baby before spares get married and move out, and my understanding is that's because you're not allowed to add anyone else to the household. So my question is, what about male spares? If they Try for Baby with someone, it won't add to the household, right? It's just that I'd like to assure my Founders and Heirs more grandchildren if I can do it without breaking the rules. Also I'm doing genetic experiments. *rubs hands and laughs like mad scientist*

By samoht04

Offline Ricalynn

• Herder of Raptors, Pineapples, Grims, Gnomes, Alphas & Sassypants Squad.
  • Watcher
  • Addicted to Dynasties? *shifty eyes* Not me.
« Reply #747 on: October 20, 2012, 09:42:56 AM »
Thanks, Metro :) Hey, I have a question of my own. I know you're not supposed to set up Try for Baby before spares get married and move out, and my understanding is that's because you're not allowed to add anyone else to the household. So my question is, what about male spares? If they Try for Baby with someone, it won't add to the household, right? It's just that I'd like to assure my Founders and Heirs more grandchildren if I can do it without breaking the rules. Also I'm doing genetic experiments. *rubs hands and laughs like mad scientist*

*shares her experimenting duds*  Go, my young friend, and enjoy thyself! *cough* Yeah.  Male spares can have kids because you're right it's not adding to the household.  Kids of a male spares can in no way benefit the house other than maybe give someone to play with which I don't think counts.
Origin ID: Ricalynn | Discord: Rica#5389
Current Active Stories: Stayin' Alive: Take 5 - Story about A Grim

Stories: Artie | The Race | Grim Chronicles | Revenge | Licious | Artie's TS4 Dynasty | Grim Rivalries | Speed Dreamin'

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #748 on: October 20, 2012, 09:54:01 AM »
Yay! Excellent, haha!  8) I like my heirs to have cousins and other extended family. Immortal Dynasties sometimes feel lonely to me because of the lack of sibling, cousins, aunts and uncles. One more reason I like this Dynasty, because you can have spares! In the meantime, I suppose I'll just throw lots of Procreation Elixirs at the female spares and their husbands and hope for Story Progression to do the rest.

By samoht04

Offline Odie

• Occult
« Reply #749 on: October 20, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
My founder seems bugged. Actions of her get cancelled for no reason and now I see that she cannot do interactions with other sims anymore. She can interact with objects, but not with sims. The options are just not there when I hoover over them. I have resetted my sim and all sims, but no change. Please advise me what to do!

Oh no!!!
After I quit and reloaded my game my founder and her spouse have been effected by the green box bug...! I can't control them anymore.
What do I do know? Move them out and in the house? And how do I do that precisely? Or do I have to go back to an earlier save?

Edit: I am sorry to say that my last 4 files were incredibly bugged. Even the pictures of the saves (you know, in the menu where the whole family is on it together before loading) looked very weird, with armen streched back, missing sims and weird tall sims. Since I also read on the forum that the green box bug can affect other save files, I have deleted them all. That was a lot of simming time down the drain and my heir just got some terrific 5000+ wishes... :'(

anything