Author Topic: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Video Message  (Read 288227 times)

Offline sunshine_2406

• Occult
  • Call me Alice :)
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Indoor Plumbing
« Reply #285 on: January 24, 2013, 05:09:54 AM »
I absolutely LOVE the way Eureka looks, it fits her personality so well. And her eyes! I can't get over how pretty they are.

I'm really enjoying reading your Dynasty :)
From the moment I fell down that rabbit hole I've been told what I must do and who I must be. I've been shrunk, stretched, scratched and stuffed into a teapot. I've been accused of being Alice, and of not being Alice, but this is my dream. I'll decide where it goes from here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
« Reply #286 on: January 24, 2013, 10:49:44 PM »
Eureka is lovely! In a completely edgy, rebellious way of course  ;).
Are you planning on handiness or inventing as her supermax? (Grr, why does AutoCorrect keep changing Supermax to Superman?)
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #287 on: January 25, 2013, 12:56:01 AM »

While I agree about the horrible female mohawk (seriously, can females please get a good mohawk like the guys have??), in pleasant contrast Eureka looks great! It's pretty hard to do that sort of a make over with a blonde, I think, so I give you props there for making it work. I can't wait to see her with pink or blue hair, though!  ;D

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #288 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40:36 PM »
Freddie really reminds me of one of my high school math teachers. He had a thing for green argyle and had long hair. Though, thank god it wasn't pink. Just a random observation. :P

I like Eureka's sense of style. Nothing says "I'm an inventor" like eccentric tastes.

Haha, maybe your math teacher was also very attractive in his youth.

DEM TEETH!  :o

And as a woman who used to have a fauxhawk at 14 (long story short, my hair grew out that way), that mohawk on the girl at the birthday party makes me cringe. It's not so much a mohawk as it is a patch of overgrown grass on her head. It just . . . it just . . . *sobs*

I also love Eureka's characterization, and how you worked hair dye into the story. That was really clever.

I've gotta know what was surprising about his teeth!  I looked at the photo for a while and couldn't figure it out.  (Though there is an earlier photo in which Hiram appears to need extensive dental work).  You'll be pleased to see that by factors quite out of my own hands, bad mohawk girl was cured of her patch of grass.

Wow, Eureka is gorgeous! I really love her teen hair. It really fits her.

Congrats on your 3rd immortal! You're moving right along.

I downloaded it just for her :)  Thanks!  I feel really good about the progress so far.

Eureka is perfect. I love her. Even though she's not Eden. I didn't know I would be able to do that. I laughed all the way through this update. They have a saying about writers, you know. Something about a lot of voices in their head. I think that must apply to you, because completely different people keep coming out of there. Did I mention I adore Eureka?

That is pretty spot on, actually.  I sometimes call brainstorming plots "arguing with myself."  I'm so glad you guys like Eureka.  I know Eden was hard to move on from!

I absolutely LOVE the way Eureka looks, it fits her personality so well. And her eyes! I can't get over how pretty they are.

I'm really enjoying reading your Dynasty :)

They are pretty!  I was worried the black would look dull and flat, but I think it's striking now that I see it on her as she gets older.  So glad you're reading!

Eureka is lovely! In a completely edgy, rebellious way of course  ;).
Are you planning on handiness or inventing as her supermax? (Grr, why does AutoCorrect keep changing Supermax to Superman?)

She'll be maxing both, but inventing is the plan for superman. 

While I agree about the horrible female mohawk (seriously, can females please get a good mohawk like the guys have??), in pleasant contrast Eureka looks great! It's pretty hard to do that sort of a make over with a blonde, I think, so I give you props there for making it work. I can't wait to see her with pink or blue hair, though!  ;D

I'm worried I'm going to mess up the gene pool if/when I dye Eureka's hair, but she seems like the Sim to do it on.  I hear you on doing the punk look for a blonde.  I think she pulls it off well though!

FINAL NOTE**

I've received an email (I think from the weird photos thread) asking me to upload "Freddie the Hot Sim" to the swap shop.  So I shall be working on that :)

Offline Gwendy

• Occult
  • And this is why we can't have nice things.
« Reply #289 on: January 25, 2013, 07:55:02 PM »
I've gotta know what was surprising about his teeth!  I looked at the photo for a while and couldn't figure it out.
It's just that the big toothy grin paired with the black eyes and the overall expression make Freddy look slightly unsettling in that picture.
The Hideous Immortal Dynasty

I think those pictures gave me heartburn.
-Shirin's roommate's Seal of Approval
------------

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #290 on: January 25, 2013, 08:03:09 PM »
It's just that the big toothy grin paired with the black eyes and the overall expression make Freddy look slightly unsettling in that picture.

Haha, no, he's perfect.  I won't hear any different.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
Plastics
« Reply #291 on: January 25, 2013, 08:23:49 PM »
Before I get into the new stuff, I need to backtrack a little.  Rewind to my birthday.  Aren't I cute?

Okay, so first of all, we had to do this again.  It didn't take the first time for whatever reason.  Eunice mumbled something about CAS and Mona Lisa seems to think it's to do with nightmares.  Whatever.  Back to the party time.  At least in this version, Lupe got some decent hair.

I did realize I'd given you all some bad information.  I said this kid was Humberto.

Turns out no, that is his brother Scott.  Humberto is not, nor has he ever been blonde.  Woops.  Guess I don't pay much attention to the kids I've physically dominated in the past.  This is Humberto.

Three syllables is too much to waste on such a quiet kid.  What should we call him?  Bert?  Humby?  Slim?  I'll ask Granny, she's the creative one.  He does hang around a lot, though.  I also forgot to mention, perhaps in reaction to finding me so strange, that for the first time (evidently EVER), Granny went nutso with the enthuisasm at my birthday party.

It kind of weirded everyone out.

Anyway!  It was my birthday, so obviously I got some stuff.  Granny got me a desk, Freddie got me a plant that I immediately killed (not on purpose!), Mona Lisa got me a computer, and Eunice knocked it out of the park with a super futuristic hover bed.

First thing I did was register with city hall as an inventor, officially.  I want to change the world, one cog at a time.  I mean, I really want to create life.  As the first kid in this dynasty who didn't get an imaginary friend doll, I feel pretty cheated.  But when you think about the inventions that REALLY matter, some of them are kind of small potatoes next to what your stereotypical inventor dreams of.

Like, graphite pencils.  Holy crap!  Whoever invented those really did revolutionize the world, right?  Or how about panty hose?  Or the shower head?  There's a great big world of possibilities out there and not all of 'em are self driving cars or supercomputers.

I really wish I could just stay home all day and invent, but Granny says no dice.

When I do have a moment, I still really like making toys.  I always build them with the enjoyment they might bring in mind.

I build them for her.  She loves presents and she loves me.  Giving her new toys I've made is the most fun thing I do in the week, really.  Don't tell my friends at school.

And I know if they're worth building again because she's incapable of dishonesty.

Okay, so my mom isn't really a role model of adulthood or anything.  That's okay.  She's pretty awesome in her own way.  My other mom is a pretty solid example.  Except the city keeps giving her really bizarre professional wear.

Actually, she's been on this steampunk kick lately that I'm loving.  There's a sketch on her workbench right now that I'm gonna ask to steal when it's done.  I'm thinking of asking her to help me do a kind of throwback, gears and unicycles type bedroom for me upstairs.  Maybe in the other "tower" room.

I trust Eunice implicitly with matters of taste.  She recently moved Mona Lisa upstairs out of her "ugly chamber."  Here's the new space:

Bathroom:

Overall effect:

She'd asked to be moved upstairs instead of redesigned because she's grossed out by her kid hooking up with the husband so constantly.

I think it's kinda cute, but then again, Rosetta is my grandma, not my daughter.  So I guess it's different.  Plus, I'm generally not home when they're doing woohoo in the shower.

I don't really think too much about the immortal stuff or it starts driving me wacky.  I made the mistake of exploring the museums once and stumbled onto a pretty disturbing conversation.

"So what happens when we're done then, Mother?" Mona Lisa was saying.

"I don't know, darling.  I don't know.  I'm just doing what the Watcher put me here to do."

"I want my Goopy back.  I want Ophelia back."

"Me too, darling.  Me too.  But it is great fun, isn't it?"

"It can be.  It really can."

We all think about it.  All of us.  But no one ever really ... brings it up.  The original two even go into the basement to talk it out, so that should tell you how uncomfortable it can be.  See, this is why sometimes Eden's the best.  Not much going on upstairs.  Easy to hang around.

Mona Lisa and I put together a party for Spooky Day.  She knows I'm on a crusade to be popular, best friends with Lupe and Dom's prom date and all that good stuff.  Everyone was a pretty good sport.

Lupe is the coolest girl at school, even if she is kind of evil.  I dressed as a burglar to impress her.

Humberto ... Humby whatever.  He came to the party too.  Not sure who invited him.  He's kind of a wet rag, even if he is nice.  Doesn't say much. 

He dressed as a tiger.  Dom was a hot dog, but somehow still rocked it.  Lupe whopped us all at pool, but probably because she's got no qualms about cheating.  She's so cool.

I wanted to go egg some houses with Dom and Lupe after the party, but Mona Lisa was onto me and grabbed me for trick or treating instead.  Ah well, at least I got some candy out of the deal! 

Best of all, I've got tons of costume bits and pieces to break apart and use in my next invention.  I'm thinking maybe a toy dog...

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline azokka361

• Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - Plastics
« Reply #292 on: January 25, 2013, 09:30:04 PM »
I vote for Slim! (That applies to both nickname, and potential dynasty spouse) You have got to love those purple eyes! And he is rather cute . . .
I expect Azokka either to yell at everyone and totally dominate or else get out the popcorn.-Ombradellarosa

Elysi Immortal Dynasty

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #293 on: January 25, 2013, 09:36:24 PM »
I vote for Slim! (That applies to both nickname, and potential dynasty spouse) You have got to love those purple eyes! And he is rather cute . . .

I absolutely love his eyes, but I also am tempted to pick Dom just to up the chances of ever having a redheaded Classic girl.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
« Reply #294 on: January 26, 2013, 12:27:26 AM »
I don't remember seeing Dom up close (not as a hot dog--although Eureka is right, he totally rocks it) but Humberto is very seriously good-looking. It bothers me that Eureka keeps referring to Eden as not having much going on upstairs. It's a very characteristic description, but I love Eden so much and it seems negative even though it's not. I'm very protective of my darling Eden.

Eureka is right, Eunice has impeccable taste. And say what you will, I like her career outfit, although I must admit it is rather bizarre to work in, I think she suits it very well. By the way, Promise me Freddie won't ever die. He just needs to turn into a star or something. Eureka is so right about inventions that really change the word. Pencils! Headphones! Breakfast cereal! I've just decided that red hair beats all, so go with Dom if he has it. Red hair is ridiculously heritable in the Sims, not as recessive as in real life. I like that Eureka gives Eden the toys she makes, it's adorable. Mona Lisa's new room is beautiful. Rosetta and Hiram are cute :)
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

Offline Rhoxi

• of the Dojos
  • Watcher
« Reply #295 on: January 26, 2013, 12:59:57 AM »

Eureka making toys for her mom is just . . . awesome and hilarious and adorable all at once! Eunice's new professional wear got an actual LOL out of me. It looks like maybe Eden picked out that outfit for her.  ;D "Yes love, wear this, you'll look just like the fairy tale bride that you are to me!"

Humberto looks like quite the hunk. We're gonna need a good, hunky replacement to comfort us when Freddie, well, you know. We don't like to talk about that part. But Humby would make for a sufficiently hunky replacement. Of course, sometimes you just gotta go for the genetics you want to breed into your dynasty line.

I also enjoyed finally seeing a good birthday grin from the senior most of all grannies. And everyone staring at her and thinking about her, too! Haha!

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
« Reply #296 on: January 26, 2013, 08:01:50 PM »
I don't remember seeing Dom up close (not as a hot dog--although Eureka is right, he totally rocks it) but Humberto is very seriously good-looking. It bothers me that Eureka keeps referring to Eden as not having much going on upstairs. It's a very characteristic description, but I love Eden so much and it seems negative even though it's not. I'm very protective of my darling Eden.

Eureka is right, Eunice has impeccable taste. And say what you will, I like her career outfit, although I must admit it is rather bizarre to work in, I think she suits it very well. By the way, Promise me Freddie won't ever die. He just needs to turn into a star or something. Eureka is so right about inventions that really change the word. Pencils! Headphones! Breakfast cereal! I've just decided that red hair beats all, so go with Dom if he has it. Red hair is ridiculously heritable in the Sims, not as recessive as in real life. I like that Eureka gives Eden the toys she makes, it's adorable. Mona Lisa's new room is beautiful. Rosetta and Hiram are cute :)

Well, though Eden is not necessarily an intellectual giant, I think Eureka underestimates how aware she is.  I plan to have Eden discuss this with us very shortly.  I am disappointed that Eureka didn't inherit the witchiness, because that definitely would've given her pause, as her mother is far more experienced in these things.

That Carlotta braid looks awesome on Eunice.  I actually took note of that back when I was dressing her but didn't want to re-use hairstyles.  I've got three redheads already in the gene pool with Ophelia, Hiram, and Freddie.  I should already have a redhead, darn it!

Eureka making toys for her mom is just . . . awesome and hilarious and adorable all at once! Eunice's new professional wear got an actual LOL out of me. It looks like maybe Eden picked out that outfit for her.  ;D "Yes love, wear this, you'll look just like the fairy tale bride that you are to me!"

Humberto looks like quite the hunk. We're gonna need a good, hunky replacement to comfort us when Freddie, well, you know. We don't like to talk about that part. But Humby would make for a sufficiently hunky replacement. Of course, sometimes you just gotta go for the genetics you want to breed into your dynasty line.

I also enjoyed finally seeing a good birthday grin from the senior most of all grannies. And everyone staring at her and thinking about her, too! Haha!

She wished to give Eden a present while she was building that whale and I thought, "how sweet, she knows her mom likes toys."  Sure, I directed her to give the gift, but it still made me feel quite fuzzy.  I totally agree on Humberto, he's a looker.  Plus, I'd like to vary the skintones on my Classic girls a little.  They all have Coralie's hue (and her nose), despite Goopy, Camillo, and Freddie all being darker.

Offline Tilia

• Watcher
The Wheel
« Reply #297 on: January 26, 2013, 08:28:50 PM »
So, if you didn't know, my immediate family is what you might call liberal.  They're always going on about the natural state of things and free love and stuff.  I guess they might be onto something, because they're so darn happy, but I'm not sure polyamory is for me.

I can't help but be jealous of Eden sometimes, though.  She's so beautiful and life is so easy for her and everyone loves her.  Even Freddie's other girlfriend Silvia is always calling her to talk about gardening. 

Me, on the other hand.  I'm what you might call an acquired taste?  My best friends all graduated before me.  Lupe went on to be a criminal, Dom is still a paperboy, and Humbug is off doing whatever it is he's doing.  I think he's actually good friends with my grandma.  Which is kind of weird, isn't it?

She says he's a genius.

Whatever.  I wish I was allowed to go down to the pub with them, but I'm too young for night pub visits, apparently.  Lots of werewolves there.  You can see Eunice's totally hot sister (and my aunt) Francesca in the pigtails in that first picture, and below you can see Mona Lisa giving no cares about two weredudes at the bar.

Eunice's whole family are wolves.  I'm not sure why she's not, but I'm glad she isn't because wolves can't live in the Classic house and Eunice is pretty stellar.  She's always giving her mom discounts on home renovations.  Her mom hates kids and is in space half the week though, so I don't have much of a relationship with her.

So anyway, off track I go yet again.  What I was saying is that my school friends all graduated and left me alone, which really blows the sousaphone, you know?  When I was the freshman who was friends with all the cool seniors, it was the best.  It was kind of like when Moonglow and Sherlock silently let that stray cat know she needs to stop cuddling Hiram.

But now I'm stuck with all these kids in my own class I've been blowing off and it's like when Sherlock tries to scare a squirrel and the squirrel instead makes him freak out and run inside to hide.

Yeah.  Something like that.  First of all, I am almost always late to school.  I really hate getting up early and Mona Lisa says I can't have coffee anymore after that time I passed out in the yard.  So I've been using Spooky Day candy to get me going first thing.

I mean, they should know that it really is just a timing thing.  At the weekend, I'm up at noon, sure, but then we have an upgraded dishwasher by dinner time.

I look forward to the day that my requirements are done and I can just chill.  Or maybe I don't.  Being an old lady doesn't seem overly appealing.  Maybe I'll be like Mona Lisa and embrace my original passion forever.

Or maybe I'll be more like Rosetta and constantly learning new things.

Who knows.  I'm pretty far along on this whole invention thing, and my handiness isn't half bad either.  I've even managed to make a little invention gnome to keep me company at the bench.  Maybe he'll take me to prom.

I am kind of kidding.  Lupe called me after school one day and asked me to meet her cousin Campbell.  She said we'd be perfect for each other.  I was pretty excited, not only that Lupe (who is very pretty and probably related to pretty people) thought of me, but also that I might finally have a new social circle.

Anyway, I met him and ... yeah, he's not ... not for me.

Luckily my whole family was also at the festival, so it was easy to slip away.  Rosetta was having fun with her chess friends.

Hiram was making a snowman army.

And my moms were pelting each other with snowballs and giggling like children.

In an effort to avoid being asked to prom by Lupe's cousin, I ducked out of the festival early and went back to my workbench.

I was really surprised that when I went to put my new stuff down in my museum room, that Mona Lisa had already updated my teen exhibit.  It's kind of nice to be able to look back on stages of your life, don't you think?

Anyway, Eden said I'm not allowed to go to prom in my dress without a big coat on, so I just decided to go in my outerwear.  I kind of got her back a bit by insisting on taking Freddie's bike to the dance instead of the limo.  She used to get really upset when I'd do things my way, but now she seems kind of used to it.

I left thinking of how well things were going at home.  I have the off mood swing, but all in all, things are pretty tranquil for such a big family with such a strange array of personality.

I got crowned prom queen.  But while that was happening, I guess Rosetta would say the universe was balancing itself out.  Spinning the wheel or whatever.  My grandpa died.

Hiram and Rosetta were giggling together in the nursery they'd designed for Eden.  In a way, it's a really nice way to go.  Rosetta had to see the whole thing happen right in front of her, though.

Later, she confessed to me that she thought it was going to be a double feature kind of horror that evening.  Grim seemed to have a second victim on his mind.

Sherlock is 70 now, and we do expect him to go any minute, but it's hard to accept that it'll happen for real.  When Grim approached him, apparently both Granny and Rosetta had the desire to intervene.

But it turns out Grim was just lonely, and wanted to cuddle our sweet doggy for a minute before returning to his dire work.  I guess you can't fault him that.  Our home is a pretty wonderful place.

Sherlock got a smoochie from the Grim Reaper that night while I batted off attempted smoochies from Lupe's gross cousin.  Hiram would've loved that story. 

Funny how life just keeps turning.  It's a very efficient machine. 

Offline RaiaDraconis

• Crazy Rat Lady
  • Watcher
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Wheel
« Reply #298 on: January 26, 2013, 08:55:00 PM »
I get a sort of bittersweet emotion from this chapter. The obvious bitter part being, of course, losing Hiram, but Eureka seems almost morose. All of her friends graduated before her, leaving her to herself and her inventions. I'm getting a sense of loneliness from her.

Or I could just be reading too much into this. :P Regardless, a very good chapter. So sad to see Hiram go, but at least he got to be with Rosetta at the end. They were such a darling couple.

Offline RainBeau

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
  • Formerly known as ombradellarosa <3
Re: The Classic Immortal Dynasty - The Wheel
« Reply #299 on: January 26, 2013, 08:57:02 PM »
Oh, that was scary for a minute. I was worried for poor Sherlock! Eden is so beautiful. Eureka is right about her, everyone loves her and she's amazing. She has kind of lived a charmed life compared to the others. It was interesting to get a look at some of the extended family. Humberto is altogether too cute. I like how you tied some things into the story like Sherlock and Moonglow and the stray cat. And I'll miss poor Hiram, he was a good bloke.
Please read and follow the Forum Rules.

By samoht04

anything