Author Topic: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench  (Read 67461 times)

Offline lvrugger

• Occult
Re: 4x4 Dynasty Workbench
« Reply #330 on: August 30, 2013, 02:11:37 AM »
Thanks, Nutella. I read right over that one.

I've planned all 16 generations with a theme for each town. Can't wait to start!

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #331 on: August 30, 2013, 04:35:31 AM »
No restrictions on aging up, Metro confirm that on page 10.  As for changing traits, I didn't see any bans on midlife crisis, so I am assuming it is ok.

Is it only spares we can age up. Or also heirs? Couldnt find thepost youare refering to.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Turoskel

• Watcher
« Reply #332 on: August 30, 2013, 04:41:30 AM »
I do not have any issue with you aging anyone up early. It's extending life for heirs that's a no no until they complete their requirements.

So aging up heirs is okay, not sure I'd want to age up an heir early, well maybe when they are very young, but the longer they live the more happiness surely?

Danielle Haydis

« Reply #333 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:37 AM »
If we use the CAS method, there's no restriction on how we edit their reationship, right?

Offline Nutella

• Watcher
« Reply #334 on: August 30, 2013, 08:14:59 AM »
Is it only spares we can age up. Or also heirs? Couldnt find thepost youare refering to.

Yes Metro did confirm we can age up heir too, just cannot extend life for heirs until they complete their requirements. 

Offline KRae

• Watcher
« Reply #335 on: August 30, 2013, 08:29:54 AM »
I'm really excited to get started, but it'll probably be a couple of weeks before I can. Real life gets in the way sometimes.

Offline LenaLJ

• Challenge Board Assistant
  • Challenge Board Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #336 on: August 30, 2013, 09:29:28 AM »
Are we by now having a full list of the collections that are counting that is approved or do we only have peoples suggestions?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #337 on: August 30, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Can we start once it is the 31st in our time zone or do we have to wait for Metro to give the all clear, just in case the rules are not quite completed?  :)
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #338 on: August 30, 2013, 01:52:46 PM »
Can we start once it is the 31st in our time zone or do we have to wait for Metro to give the all clear, just in case the rules are not quite completed?  :)

You can start when I post the official thread that has the final rule set. I will do that first thing when I wake up tomorrow, so probably 4:30-5 am CST.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #339 on: August 30, 2013, 02:14:21 PM »
This looks great and I can't wait to see the stories start flowing in over the next week as the early birds get going.  Now I just need to find my way back to Isla and my deca this next week and finish that up so I can start my own 4x4.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline samoht04

• Building Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #340 on: August 30, 2013, 04:02:27 PM »
You can start when I post the official thread that has the final rule set. I will do that first thing when I wake up tomorrow, so probably 4:30-5 am CST.

Okay great! :) I think that's around 10am GMT so 11am BST, probably wrong but I'll just check around lunchtime or something to get started. Time to see if I can make a pair of Founders I like! :P
Please read the Forum Rules![/center]

Offline simfulicious

• Watcher
  • Origin ID: petunia302007
    • Stories By Simfulicious
« Reply #341 on: August 30, 2013, 09:08:41 PM »
Have we addressed the adding of helpers?  I saw that you didn't care if we added townies to the household, but do they have to be part of the household until they die, or is it like the deca where they can leave, but never come back again? 

Sublimal message:  Wouldn't it be nice if we could play matchmaker, and move a couple sims in, get them pregnant and then kick em out?  And then, of course, be able to marry their offspring later? ;)

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #342 on: August 30, 2013, 09:31:22 PM »
Ok, so a quick perusal of the thread yields what still needs to be addressed:

Helpers: Can be whoever, of any life state (attained however), can use Wish Enhancing Serum, but no Midas Touch - but do they need to stay, or can they go?

Collections: confirmation that the official word on collections is, whatever you want, you can do, so long as it's collected (no consignment store purchases!), crafted, or given as a gift (celebrity/wedding gifts)?

Unique Career Object thingie: On display with the collections, or just noted they were obtained?

Life extension: Can this start when all requirements are completed to bring in the heir (even if delaying the heir's arrival, primarily for world moving reasons), or does extension start when the heir is born? (I believe it was the former)

My apologies if I noted something already answered, I did re-check the thread prior to posting. (My founder female is done, and she's so pretty!)

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #343 on: August 30, 2013, 10:47:05 PM »
Ok, so a quick perusal of the thread yields what still needs to be addressed:

Helpers: Can be whoever, of any life state (attained however), can use Wish Enhancing Serum, but no Midas Touch - but do they need to stay, or can they go?

Not really any restrictions on non founders/ non heirs, so helpers in the house are pretty loose.

Collections: confirmation that the official word on collections is, whatever you want, you can do, so long as it's collected (no consignment store purchases!), crafted, or given as a gift (celebrity/wedding gifts)?

Pretty much. Nearly anything qualifies. We can get a comprehensive list and I can post it in the rule set or a FAQ.

Unique Career Object thingie: On display with the collections, or just noted they were obtained?

Just noted is fine.

Life extension: Can this start when all requirements are completed to bring in the heir (even if delaying the heir's arrival, primarily for world moving reasons), or does extension start when the heir is born? (I believe it was the former)

Correct. The rule states you can extend life once all requirements have been met to bring in another heir, not wait until they have been born.

NOTE: Rica is taking a little time off lately and I am not positive if she will be around tomorrow to help field the inevitable questions on day 1. I need some help. Many of you are as familiar with the rules now as I am. If you feel confident in answering a question, then please do so. If you are unsure, then wait for me to jump in, but I will be gone most of the day after I post the thread due to a family obligation, so all help is greatly appreciated.

Offline Shirin

• Watcher
« Reply #344 on: August 31, 2013, 12:14:10 AM »
Ok, I did one last update to the collectible sections (this includes a finite number of craftables, such as elixirs, potions, and inventions). If I missed something, let me know, I'll add it.

Metro, I would also suggest that when you make the final rules, explicitly state that if playing in Isla Paradiso, resorts are required as part of the Own All Properties. I just reread the FAQs that Ricalynn had written (and that Pam had stickied):

Resorts - If a player wishes to own a resort, that is their choice.  To get access to one players will need to either place a resort from Island Paradise or convert a private lot to a resort.  No new lots can be placed to be converted by you into a resort. Resorts are not business or properties so they don't count for those requirements.  There is also no career associated with resorts.