Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942512 times)

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1935 on: January 29, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
Ah, thanks Rachel. Now I understand. I'm relieved that I asked about this before making a mistake. :-)
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Di987546432

« Reply #1936 on: January 29, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
Thanks MM for the welcome  :)

It's a good thing I started a test run on this challenge while learning the rules and tricks - I already see a few things I did at the beginning that might not be the best... but maybe not too bad
like my "founding father" Alice's life time wish is Renaissance Sim... I have to chose skills carefully...

Alice started out good, went straight to the library and read a little for some basic skills (charisma and gardening), then to the book store to get the most expensive book she could feed an omni plant and fed it to the plant by the research center. The next day she could harvest 4 books, 1 went to re-feeding, and sold 3 for almost §4000 at the book store. Now that's very sweet money for a broke sim  ;D
If only I could go to china and steal the books in the shelves where I live like I usually do...  ;)

But now she's panicking because she already played a week and used like one third of her young adult life - and need to have someone paint her portrait at least...
I think it would be a good idea to fill the house with as many sims as possible to start with (spouse, friends & kids you get - not made in CAS from start) - to do useful chores for the dynasty (?) They will die out before I need room for heirs anyway... Anyone tried this?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1937 on: January 29, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
I hope so... I never moved the father of my founder's child in... oh she married, twice, just not the guy she actually had a kid with.

You may have a problem there.  The bloodline is supposed to live in the house.  That's why all spouses have to move in.  You moved in someone who isn't part of the bloodline and kept the real father out of the house.  Metro needs to rule on this one.

I think it would be a good idea to fill the house with as many sims as possible to start with (spouse, friends & kids you get - not made in CAS from start) - to do useful chores for the dynasty (?) They will die out before I need room for heirs anyway... Anyone tried this?

This wouldn't be technically against the rules, as far as I can tell.  But I don't know if it's a good strategy.  Some have started moving one extra person into the house at the beginning, but I'm not aware of anyone moving in more than one.  Keep in mind that you will need 2 empty slots in the house whenever it's time for the next heir:  one for the spouse and one for the child.

@Saltypaws - I just don't want to have the 3rd gen's father in my house. After she's born, and if Agnes and Holly don't die I'll have 6 people in my house. That's pretty much when it's only the 3rd gen!

Just to make sure you're clear, your 3rd generation's father must live in the house his entire life.  Same with all generations except the 7th generation.  The 7th is the only generation who won't have a spouse living in the house.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1938 on: January 29, 2011, 06:57:27 PM »
You may have a problem there.  The bloodline is supposed to live in the house.  That's why all spouses have to move in.  You moved in someone who isn't part of the bloodline and kept the real father out of the house.  Metro needs to rule on this one.

Aside from the global rule that everyone's ultimate goal is to have 8 immortals living under one roof, there honestly is not a hard and fast rule that specifically states spouses must live in the Dynasty house. If a spouse does live in the house, then everyone knows what follows next — they can't be moved out. So, Aiwe, you're fine. Is that what I originally intended? No. I did intend for players to be forced to deal with spouses as well. But, this has come up several times over the months and I'm certainly willing to allow some flexibility.

Offline Teresa

• Immortal
  • Teresa
    • Love My Sims
« Reply #1939 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:31 PM »
This wouldn't be technically against the rules, as far as I can tell.  But I don't know if it's a good strategy.  Some have started moving one extra person into the house at the beginning, but I'm not aware of anyone moving in more than one.  Keep in mind that you will need 2 empty slots in the house whenever it's time for the next heir:  one for the spouse and one for the child.

I did this on my current dynasty.  I moved in a father/daughter combo to pick up painting and fishing (child daughter was level 9 painter, father was mid-range fishing).  Then I moved in a single female who had high level cooking.  This allowed the founder to work on her skills and produce a child with the father, who she had married.  The two extra sims - the daughter and the friend - died off long before the house became full.
2024 Tournament: Join the Fun!
My Tournament Updates: Coming 2024
Love My Sims: Completing challenges and legacies since May 7, 2007

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1940 on: January 29, 2011, 11:05:38 PM »
It sounds like a glitch, so that's fine.  Be sure to turn testingcheats off as soon as you're done.
Thanks Pam. :)

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1941 on: January 29, 2011, 11:21:09 PM »
The Rules state "... Your Founder needs to have Young Adult, Adult, and Elder portraits added to the museum before eating Ambrosia. ...Optional: Photographs and/or ice sculptures of each immortal at the same life stages may be included in the museum if expansion packs are being used."

The way it reads to me is that in addition to all the other requirements My elder needs a portrait of himself before eating ambrosia. My question is after eating ambrosia can his photo and sculpture be placed in the museum or do they need to be done as well before eating?

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1942 on: January 29, 2011, 11:52:19 PM »
The way it reads to me is that in addition to all the other requirements My elder needs a portrait of himself before eating ambrosia. My question is after eating ambrosia can his photo and sculpture be placed in the museum or do they need to be done as well before eating?

As those items are optional, they can be placed whenever you wish.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1943 on: January 30, 2011, 12:07:59 AM »
Thanks Pam

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1944 on: January 30, 2011, 01:16:44 AM »
My question is after eating ambrosia can his photo and sculpture be placed in the museum or do they need to be done as well before eating?

As the scoring is based on the value of your museum, there are two things to keep in mind:

1)  It'll be difficult to get a photo of them as a young and mature adult if you wait till he/she's an elder before you start taking pictures.
2)  While I'm not sure how photos age in the camera or inventory, but if you put them on the wall, they go up in value.  Quite a bit, too...and even more when the photographer dies.  So once you got them, it's probably best to put them up.

Another thing to keep in mind is that photos do not increase in value when you store them in a digital picture frame (at least they didn't the last time I checked.  This could have changed with the last patch).
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1945 on: January 30, 2011, 02:03:52 AM »
I didn't know about the digital picture frame.  I have alot of pictures in there.  I know what you mean about photographs increasing.  I try to have all mortal spouses take the photos.  I have some of my founders wife Agnes, that are worth almost 10,000 simoleans.  I have some photos that are just stuff around the house that are worth a fortune.  They do increase in value while still in the camera, that much I do know. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Astoria

« Reply #1946 on: January 30, 2011, 02:57:08 AM »
Hi everyone, I posted this earlier in the simbot thread, but it probably belongs here.

Disaster of all disasters. Can we conclude that Bridgeport is bugged and simbots cannot be built there? If so, I have a big problem with my dynasty, and Pam and Metro, if you see this I was wondering whether you'd be able to help?

My third generation heir is super-maxing inventing, and, worse, her life wish is to create three monsters. She can easily supermax handiness (well, not easily, but with a little bit of work) but the life wish is a disaster because changing it via rewards is banned.

I had no idea about this until I went to the workbench a few minutes ago, life core in inventory, and lo and behold, no option for simbot. So, of course, I jumped on and searched the forums and now I'm freaking out!

If anyone could help, I would hugely appreciate it. Have EA patched this problem yet and I just haven't updated (please please please!).

Thanks,
Astoria.

Offline folcon

• Immortal
« Reply #1947 on: January 30, 2011, 03:03:36 AM »
If I recall correctly from when I was playing an inventor before, after maxing inventing, to make a simbot, you have to have already invented everything else first, and then it comes up as a progression of opportunities.  Of course, even at gen 3, if you already have 8 Sims in the house, you can't get a simbot either.  Although I have yet to play an inventor in Bridgeport, so I don't know for sure if that is the cause or not.  As for everything else, well I have no clue and Pam or Metro can advise you better.

Di987546432

« Reply #1948 on: January 30, 2011, 05:16:36 AM »
My first attempt with Alice didn't go all that well. She had a pretty OK start, but after a week she panicked when she realized she lived one third of her YA life, and didn't even have a spouse yet. The thought was to have the spouse paint her portrait at YA.
So, she ran around town, greeting potential spouses charmingly, a quick chat to find out about their traits, job and if they were single. Bye bye to the first two an were pretty happy with the third - not really a looker  :P but with good traits and great body. So after some talking and heavy flirting they got together, she proposed and they had a private wedding that same night. Then straight to bed...
And this it where it went wrong - she did a "try for baby" first time, and sure enough the happy tune indicating she got pregnant was played.
It was then she realized nobody had the skills yet to paint a good portrait of the baby... A Sim pregnancy isn't too long, an the baby stage is even shorter... And I want both painting, photo and sculptures of all so then I figured I'll start over.
This time I'm going to try "for real" so I figured some planning was in order.

I have a question about nectar: I want one of my immortals to have nectar making as a profession. So after the learning period she will mainly produce the best recipe with 9 life fruit and 1 pomegranate for storage. As I can understand the rules it is OK to make this as long as she don't drink it before she qualified and ate ambrosia?
(I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I just don't have the time or energy to go through all 195 pages....)

Thanks, I'll need to do the maths on that to see how many (if any) extras it would be wise to take in.
My immortals, spouses and children will of course live in the house all life. But what about extra sims I take into the household (ask to move in) - can I kick them out when I'm bored with them? What about a butler?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1949 on: January 30, 2011, 05:26:33 AM »
I have a question about nectar: I want one of my immortals to have nectar making as a profession. So after the learning period she will mainly produce the best recipe with 9 life fruit and 1 pomegranate for storage. As I can understand the rules it is OK to make this as long as she don't drink it before she qualified and ate ambrosia?
(I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I just don't have the time or energy to go through all 195 pages....)

Yes, you can make Life Fruit nectar, but don't drink it until after Ambrosia has been eaten.
But what about extra sims I take into the household (ask to move in) - can I kick them out when I'm bored with them? What about a butler?
[/quote]

Anyone who moves into your house must live there for the rest of their lives and die a natural death.  A butler is different because it's hired help and you don't control the butler.  You can hire and fire them however you wish.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog