Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2992000 times)

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1860 on: January 24, 2011, 11:38:34 PM »
Another quick question from me: Are your immortals best friends allowed to be family?
If yes, does this include other immortals?

Yes, best friends can be anything or anyone, as long as the best friend is unique to that Immortal and is at best friend status at the time Ambrosia is eaten.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline CharlotteDaBookworm

• Occult
  • Call me Charlotte, Charlie or Char
« Reply #1861 on: January 25, 2011, 11:28:28 AM »
Oh sorry Pam the threads some were on the tech help board, anyway it doesnt matter, I just went to try out what Metro said and my game wasnt there all the backups and everything gone up in smoke.  :'( My sisters already admitted to it.  :(

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1862 on: January 25, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
1)  Can anyone be moved into the house who is not a spouse and not intended for involvement in the gene pool of the family?  I.E.  Can the Immortal marry someone else, and have a friend move into the household as well (understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends)?
1.  Yes, that is correct.  You can move anyone into the Dynasty house, but they have to live there until they die a natural death.

My question is why would they not be allowed to be one of the 6 best friends?

Offline Metropolis Man

• Tournament/Dynasty Coordinator
  • Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1863 on: January 25, 2011, 01:38:19 PM »
My question is why would they not be allowed to be one of the 6 best friends?

Did someone tell you that a non-spouse that moved into the Dynasty house would not qualify as one of the 6 BF for eating Ambrosia?

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1864 on: January 25, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
Did someone tell you that a non-spouse that moved into the Dynasty house would not qualify as one of the 6 BF for eating Ambrosia?
Hosfac asked the above questoin on page 186 and in parenthesis he stated understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends

it wasn't addressed so that's why I thought that.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1865 on: January 25, 2011, 02:07:31 PM »
Hosfac asked the above questoin on page 186 and in parenthesis he stated understanding fully that this sim would have to live out their natural life in the house, and would not count as one of the 6 best friends

it wasn't addressed so that's why I thought that.

I didn't catch that. Sorry. The living out their natural life part is correct, but not having them count as one of the 6 Best Friends is not correct. Anyone/anything (i.e. cars) can qualify as one of the 6 BF needed to eat Ambrosia.

Offline Dagger

• Townie
« Reply #1866 on: January 25, 2011, 02:47:47 PM »
Thanks. And thanks for the car thing. I didn't even think of that.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1867 on: January 25, 2011, 07:51:15 PM »
I didn't catch that. Sorry. The living out their natural life part is correct, but not having them count as one of the 6 Best Friends is not correct. Anyone/anything (i.e. cars) can qualify as one of the 6 BF needed to eat Ambrosia.

My bad.  I assumed that people in the household wouldn't count for that.  That's not as horrid as I thought, then.   :D

While I'm here, I came up with couple more questions:

The Museum:  I saw a post earlier that gave me the impression that you could have a portrait, an ice sculpture, and (not or) a photograph per life stage.  Admittedly, I might have misread one or the other, but the first time I read the rules, I took it to mean that the portrait could REPLACED by a photograph or ice sculpture.  Am I correct in assuming that only one item of each life stage is permitted?

Lifetime Rewards:  Can Immortals purchase more than 3 rewards, so long as they have 3 that have never been purchased by another immortal?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1868 on: January 25, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that only one item of each life stage is permitted?

No. A portrait, ice sculpture, and photo are permitted for EACH stage.

Lifetime Rewards:  Can Immortals purchase more than 3 rewards, so long as they have 3 that have never been purchased by another immortal?

Definitely.

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1869 on: January 25, 2011, 08:39:14 PM »
No. A portrait, ice sculpture, and photo are permitted for EACH stage.

I'm glad I check the consignment store daily anyways.  "Flipping" skill books is a decent way to make a little money early on.

This gives rise to a new question:  Does the museum have to be on the lot itself, or can you buy the art museum and place the items there?  And if so, can you even place sculptures on another lot?  I believe I've tried in the past, and never figured out a way to do it.

-----

As for my tactics, I've selected the following skills as my SuperMax skills:

Generation 1:  Painting
Generation 2:  Fishing
Generation 3:  Martial Arts
Generation 4:  Nectar Making
Generation 5:  Handiness
Generation 6:  Sculpting
For Generation 7 and 8, I'm leaving a pool of skills to choose from:  Logic (Generation 7 at the latest), Athletics (provided it's not maxed by the Martial Artist), Writing and Inventing.  Possibly even Guitar.

I've crossed Cooking and Gardening completely off the list, as it's nearly impossible to prevent sims from training them when you're not looking.  Martial Arts is manageable if you only buy a board breaker, and train the sims you want to learn it on the dummies in China.  And I intend for all my immortals to have the Charisma skill, to make it easier to maintain and make friends.

I also deviated from the norm, and opted to start with a female sim and started having children very early on (since she's in the painter profession, she doesn't have to miss work), both to get it done and over with and to get a second born to help with the objects d'art.  I made Agnes Crumplebottom a roomie (for her painting skill and her money) and married Christopher Steele because he's a natural cook and would do well in the Culinary Career (I want that fridge!).  I intend for the 2nd born to be a painter/sculpter, because I'm not sure Agnes is gonna make it until the matriarch is an elder.  So far, it's looking like she will max cooking and charisma before all is said and done.  And I'll probably skip the ice sculptures for her, if I'm not completely forced to skip the photographs, too.
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Metropolis Man

• Administrator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1870 on: January 25, 2011, 08:51:32 PM »
I'm glad I check the consignment store daily anyways.  "Flipping" skill books is a decent way to make a little money early on.

This gives rise to a new question:  Does the museum have to be on the lot itself, or can you buy the art museum and place the items there?  And if so, can you even place sculptures on another lot?  I believe I've tried in the past, and never figured out a way to do it.

To be honest, I'm not sure myself. Obviously, you'd have to own the lot you wanted to add items to, so you could open up Buy mode and pull sculptures from Family Inventory, but I have read in the past that some players have still had difficulty. Another issue that I told Schipperke about today — I'm pretty sure the items DO NOT appreciate once they're off of your home lot.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1871 on: January 25, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »
To be honest, I'm not sure myself. Obviously, you'd have to own the lot you wanted to add items to, so you could open up Buy mode and pull sculptures from Family Inventory, but I have read in the past that some players have still had difficulty. Another issue that I told Schipperke about today — I'm pretty sure the items DO NOT appreciate once they're off of your home lot.

It can't be done.  When you're on a lot you own that's not your home lot, there's nothing in Family Inventory.  It's just empty.  So, you physically cannot put sculptures anywhere but on your home lot.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Schipperke

• CAS Contest Coordinator
  • Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1872 on: January 25, 2011, 09:35:48 PM »
I don't think you can access the family inventory anyplace but on your home lot.  My idea was to put the museum at Summer Hill Springs (after your sims have purchased the property, of course) and have a sculpting station there.  It's just across the street from your home lot in SV, so the sims can easily run over to do the ice sculptures.  Then you can place the sculptures where ever you want at Summer Hill Springs when you're done.  But what Metro said about the items not appreciating off the home lot makes sense, unfortunately.  That would mean an off-lot museum wouldn't be worth much.  Too bad.

Designed by Swirl~Girl, THBL Logo by Danielle Haydis                            CAS Contest Logo designed by Samoht04

Please read The Forum Rules.

Links to My Stories                 CAS Contests

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1873 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:53 PM »
Have you tested that idea with the sculpting station, Schipperke?  Would you have to use the Build/Buy function to be able to pick up the sculpture?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Aiwe

« Reply #1874 on: January 25, 2011, 10:21:58 PM »
You can definitely use build/buy to move a statue you've created on a lot you own, I did it in my game with the vampire nightclub, put a sculpting station in the basement so I could make sculptures to decorate the place.