Author Topic: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge  (Read 2942118 times)

Offline Simmerqueen

• Llama Wrangler
Re: The Sims 3 Immortal Dynasty Challenge
« Reply #1920 on: January 28, 2011, 09:17:03 PM »
Apparently, there's too much good eatin' going on in your hood.   ;D

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1921 on: January 28, 2011, 11:06:40 PM »
Ok, another silly question:

• The firstborn child of any generation is targeted as an immortal

When you say "Firstborn child of any generation," do you mean that the first child brought home from the hospital, or does this specifically imply the firstborn of the firstborn?

Example:  Let's say the patriarch of the family has 2 children.  The eldest of this new generation is obviously the immortal of his/her generation.  But let's say that both children marry and both have children of their own, but the second born has a child before the firstborn does.  Would that child be the immortal-in-training of the 3rd generation, or would it still fall to the firstborn to continue the immortal legacy?
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1922 on: January 28, 2011, 11:26:36 PM »
The first child that is born in the dynasty is the heir and then her child is the heir and so on.  I am not really sure that the second child can have children and even if they did, I do not think it counts as an heir.  Just like in the case of twins.  The firstborn that you name is the heir, the second has to live in the household and die of old age.  I don't think I have heard of anyone that has had twins have the second twin have a baby.  I don't think it works like that.  They would not count as heirs.  It does get pretty confusing, but I just go in order and you do not really want to have that many at the beginning of the dynasty.  You have to save room for future heirs.  Right now I have 8 and it is more than I can handle and it keeps ya on your toes, that is for sure.  I know that this thread is long, but it has alot of valuable information about the dynasty.  Good luck. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Forum Founder and Friend
  • Watcher
« Reply #1923 on: January 29, 2011, 12:11:18 AM »
@Hosfac:

All heirs must be the firstborn of the firstborn.  In your example, the second child is not the heir, so it wouldn't matter if he/she had a child before the first child did or not.  And as Salty said, it's not a good idea to let any others marry and have children because nobody can ever move out of the Dynasty house.  All must live there until their natural deaths.  For example, if the founder has 2 children and both marry and have children, that puts 8 people in your house at the 3rd generation.  The founder's spouse would probably die soon after, which would allow your 3rd generation to marry, but no children could be born until another dies.  You have to think long term when planning your strategy.  Don't bite off more than you can chew at the start.
Read and heed the Forum Rules, please!

Support the site when you purchase online!
Dreamweaver Immortal Dynasty
Dreamweaver 4 x 4 Dynasty
Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

"Half of my posts are correcting people. The other 49% is moving threads."

Offline Micler

• Occult
« Reply #1924 on: January 29, 2011, 12:27:06 AM »
In my dynasty, my current heir constantly has the "Hunted" moodlet. There are never any vampire paparazzi or other vampires near by. Would it be okay if I used the cheat to remove this?

Offline Hosfac

• Sleeper Agent
  • Watcher
  • Han Solo shot first.
« Reply #1925 on: January 29, 2011, 01:27:18 AM »
For example, if the founder has 2 children and both marry and have children, that puts 8 people in your house at the 3rd generation.

That was something that I hadn't actually considered.

This wasn't exactly a plan I was forming (the second born isn't even out of diapers yet).  It was just a random thought that had occurred to me, so I figured I'd clear it up before any such situation arose.  Even if it was a plan, the moment the house started filling up I would have shelved it anyways lol.

As this was a legacy, I was assuming this was the case.  But my assumptions have been wrong in the past.   ;)
Old forum mods never die.  We just get archived.

Interview With a Night Walker - The Veronika Beltane Story continues.

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1926 on: January 29, 2011, 02:03:12 AM »
In my dynasty, my current heir constantly has the "Hunted" moodlet. There are never any vampire paparazzi or other vampires near by. Would it be okay if I used the cheat to remove this?

It sounds like a glitch, so that's fine.  Be sure to turn testingcheats off as soon as you're done.

As this was a legacy, I was assuming this was the case.  But my assumptions have been wrong in the past.   ;)

This last bit confuses me a little.  What do you mean about a legacy?

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Registered members do not see ads on this Forum. Register here.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1927 on: January 29, 2011, 03:05:54 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered, but does the Omni plant opportunity count as 3 or 1 opportunity? Considering that it's a continuous chain.
Just got the 'Death of Michael Jackson' moodlet, applies for 14 days, -200 mood

Offline Pam

• Community Manager
  • Watcher
« Reply #1928 on: January 29, 2011, 03:07:06 AM »
Sorry if this has been answered, but does the Omni plant opportunity count as 3 or 1 opportunity. Considering that it's a continuous chain.

It counts as 3 opportunities.  Each one has a different name, which makes them unique.

Pam's Sims 4 World Blog

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1929 on: January 29, 2011, 03:07:58 AM »
It counts as 3 opportunities.  Each one has a different name, which makes them unique.

Thanks Pam! That sure makes things a lot more easier  :D

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1930 on: January 29, 2011, 06:09:37 AM »
I'm confused about this. If the heir is female and isn't the 7th or 8th generation, is it allowed not to marry and not to move the husband in? i.e. having 3rd gen without moving the father in.

Offline Saltypaws

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1931 on: January 29, 2011, 07:24:54 AM »
I am not quite sure what your asking.  All generations spouses have to be in the household, except the 7th, so you can have room for the 8th generation. :)
Is it true that cannibals don't eat clowns because they taste funny?

Aiwe

« Reply #1932 on: January 29, 2011, 07:27:49 AM »
I'm confused about this. If the heir is female and isn't the 7th or 8th generation, is it allowed not to marry and not to move the husband in? i.e. having 3rd gen without moving the father in.

I hope so... I never moved the father of my founder's child in... oh she married, twice, just not the guy she actually had a kid with.

Offline Jowkoul

• Townie
« Reply #1933 on: January 29, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
@Saltypaws - I just don't want to have the 3rd gen's father in my house. After she's born, and if Agnes and Holly don't die I'll have 6 people in my house. That's pretty much when it's only the 3rd gen!

Offline ratchie

• Global Moderator
  • Watcher
« Reply #1934 on: January 29, 2011, 09:20:54 AM »
@Saltypaws - I just don't want to have the 3rd gen's father in my house. After she's born, and if Agnes and Holly don't die I'll have 6 people in my house. That's pretty much when it's only the 3rd gen!
That is part of the challenge dealing with a houseful of Sims and having to plan ahead. Although I am almost certain that Agnes will have died before the third generation gets married or has a child.

Rachel
Please follow the forum rules.